1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:14 am 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:29867757
Roaxes wrote:
I love unlocking stuff, so it's no biggie to me. Games lately just give you everything and it gets boring really quick. Like my favorite FPS of all times will ALWAYS be Timesplitters just for the amount of unlockable characters and maps in all three games. So if Starwars Battlefront 2 requires unlocking things, hey im all for it as long as it's not locked behind a paywall.

It is locked behind a paywall. Or you can spend 200 hours grinding to unlock all the characters.
"all tees all tees" -everyone

SYSTEMS FUNCTIONAL. NAVCOM LOCKED. ANIME SPOTTED. GOLIATH ONLINE.

Social 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:16 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:11765093
I'm gonna get it even after the first one kinda burnt me. I hope I will be pleasantly surprised with this one.

"Who I am is not important, my message is." - Revan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:35 am 
EgN Member
Veteran
GoopSauce wrote:
I'm gonna get it even after the first one kinda burnt me. I hope I will be pleasantly surprised with this one.

Please read the thread. EA has learned nothing. They took an amazing game made by DICE and they're taking a big shit on it to maximize profit.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:40 am 
EgN Member
Elite
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:80560949
The P2W feature kinda bugged me when I played the beta but I still may buy. Although people who don't know, some of the starcards you can get for example is for Boba fett, and one of his "elite" cards gives him 100% damage reduction while he's in the air. I'm also pretty sure the heavy gets an elite card that gives him 60% damage reduction. Plain and simple. 60% damage reduction. So yes you can buy these lootcrates that give you a chance to get this bullshit. But I'm actually pretty sure they have level restricted the elite crates so you cant get them right away. Don't quote me on it though

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth." ~Oscar Wilde

"True leaders don't create followers, they create more leaders."

"No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness." ~Aristotle

"Knowing when to walk away is wisdom. Being able to is courage. Walking away, with your head held high is dignity."

"As I look back on my life, I realize that every time I thought I was being rejected from something good, I was actually being re-directed to something better."

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no less of enthusiasm." ~Winston Churchill

"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving." ~Albert Einstein

Of course life is a bitch. If it was a slut it would be easy.

Life is a bitch. So learn to fuck it.

Welcome to EgN. Warning, we are not a G-Rated clan. We speak our mind, a lot of it is dirty. Topics may include things not suitable for children. Anyone offended by vulgarity, refrain from our forum. Anyone offended by light nudity, avoid the orgy room. So basically, now that all the wusses have been weeded out, welcome to EgN.™

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:48 am 
EgN Member
Sad but true. Battlefront II is just another cash cow to them.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:57 am 
EgN Member
Veteran
Nemesis wrote:
But I'm actually pretty sure they have level restricted the elite crates so you cant get them right away. Don't quote me on it though

There's rumors about this being true, as of now they are unconfirmed.

What is confirmed:

-Experience rates required to unlock heroes was reduced for play testers
-Unlocking every ability for every hero would cost about $600
-The $20 battle pass will only add a couple heroes and a few abilities (i.e. paying for the $80 version of the game does not give you the full game)

DazzlingDazzaD94 wrote:
Sad but true. Battlefront II is just another cash cow to them.

This pic is funny, but it makes me sad, because Overwatch loot boxes are great. Everything in their boxes are only cosmetics. You don't get different weapons, or overpowered ultimate abilities, or even new heroes. You just get skins. $40 gives you the complete game, gameplay wise.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:19 am 
EgN Member
Birthstone wrote:
This pic is funny, but it makes me sad, because Overwatch loot boxes are great. Everything in their boxes are only cosmetics. You don't get different weapons, or overpowered ultimate abilities, or even new heroes. You just get skins. $40 gives you the complete game, gameplay wise.

My friend plays Overwatch and even though I`m not a massive fan of the game I can actually agree that the loot crate system works well in the game. Many of us despise loot crates which I can`t blame anyone for doing so but if they are done right and don`t feel like there overwhelming gamers then they can actually come down to being a great use. Even for the times I`v watched my friend play and open up some loot crates they`ve offered great rewards and skins in my eyes are an excellent strategy into making a loot crate feel like you`ve actually earned something. I mean you could also say the exact same in terms of DLC/Season passes.

There not bad as long as developers present them in the right manner and make them worth getting instead of shoving it down people`s throats much to akin what EA and Activision do. Take Techland for example the creators of Dying Light. They`ve never backstabbed there fanbase because when it comes to DLC they know how to handle it in the right manner. The game has had loads of support that has continued to climb throughout the last year that they even said well hey where going to award you all with 12 months of free DLC full of new quests , missions , new areas and items and to me that is DLC done right. It`s at times like this when I wish we had more minds a like devs like Techland.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:26 am 
EgN Member
Elite
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:80560949
What's funny is if I do get Battlefront 2 I might buy starcrates which is sad. But if it was consmetics I'd be even more willing to throw hundreds of dollars at it. I do the exact same thing for F2P games... Threw $150 at Elsword the first week I started playing it

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth." ~Oscar Wilde

"True leaders don't create followers, they create more leaders."

"No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness." ~Aristotle

"Knowing when to walk away is wisdom. Being able to is courage. Walking away, with your head held high is dignity."

"As I look back on my life, I realize that every time I thought I was being rejected from something good, I was actually being re-directed to something better."

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no less of enthusiasm." ~Winston Churchill

"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving." ~Albert Einstein

Of course life is a bitch. If it was a slut it would be easy.

Life is a bitch. So learn to fuck it.

Welcome to EgN. Warning, we are not a G-Rated clan. We speak our mind, a lot of it is dirty. Topics may include things not suitable for children. Anyone offended by vulgarity, refrain from our forum. Anyone offended by light nudity, avoid the orgy room. So basically, now that all the wusses have been weeded out, welcome to EgN.™

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:33 am 
EgN Member
Veteran
DazzlingDazzaD94 wrote:

My friend plays Overwatch and even though I`m not a massive fan of the game I can actually agree that the loot crate system works well in the game. Many of us despise loot crates which I can`t blame anyone for doing so but if they are done right and don`t feel like there overwhelming gamers then they can actually come down to being a great use. Even for the times I`v watched my friend play and open up some loot crates they`ve offered great rewards and skins in my eyes are an excellent strategy into making a loot crate feel like you`ve actually earned something. I mean you could also say the exact same in terms of DLC/Season passes.

There not bad as long as developers present them in the right manner and make them worth getting instead of shoving it down people`s throats much to akin what EA and Activision do. Take Techland for example the creators of Dying Light. They`ve never backstabbed there fanbase because when it comes to DLC they know how to handle it in the right manner. The game has had loads of support that has continued to climb throughout the last year that they even said well hey where going to award you all with 12 months of free DLC full of new quests , missions , new areas and items and to me that is DLC done right. It`s at times like this when I wish we had more minds a like devs like Techland.

Totally agree, but keep in mind that BF and BF2 being fucked up are not the dev's fault. DICE is a great developer, they make decent games. The publisher, EA, completely fucks everything up for money.

Nemesis wrote:
What's funny is if I do get Battlefront 2 I might buy starcrates which is sad. But if it was consmetics I'd be even more willing to throw hundreds of dollars at it. I do the exact same thing for F2P games... Threw $150 at Elsword the first week I started playing it

And, ya know, that's your right. Just be aware you're contributing to an environment where publishers are willing to ruin the hard work of the developers by making their games pay to win.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:56 am 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:79036420
In response to player feedback, EA lowered the price of unlocking heroes with in game credits by 75% - one of the major complaints about the games progression. I think this a step in the right direction, but we still have the micro transaction loot crate deal; guess we’ll see how that goes

Star Citizen Reference Code: STAR-GK4C-BYF5

New Topic Post Reply  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10
 >> Next