1, 2
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:03 am 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:43792252
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($194.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B150M-D3H DDR3 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($78.99 @ SuperBiiz)

These are the 2 parts I may be getting, at what I think are decent prices. I am currently running on factory HP mobo that's getting too old for me, and on an i3 processor which I really want to get off of :(

Any thoughts?

Rest of my specs
-----------------
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (Purchased For $0.00)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760 2GB WINDFORCE Video Card (Purchased For $0.00)
Case: Deepcool TESSERACT SW ATX Mid Tower Case (Purchased For $0.00)
Power Supply: EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (Purchased For $0.00)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 OEM 64-bit (Purchased For $0.00)
Total: $273.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-06-01 11:00 EDT-0400
-No Pity For A Coward-
http://cdn.funnyisms.com/ecc914b3-1ce2-4aa7-8b36-992cf563121f.jpg
"im srry, i din mean it massta, lil simple is gone be a good boy massta" -Mr. Simplistic
"Your taste in music is A2+ and I like how you moto." -Needy

Social 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:30 am 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:22040504
Gotta watch out for heat issuses and cards fitting with other parts when you're on a micro atx. I have one and its a bitch, I don't think i'll ever get a small mobo again.
Gonna revise your Levi's with physical harm
Put divets in the rivets with my physical arm
Gonna beat those jeans, gonna dip em in slime
Turn your 501s into 499s

The Senate: Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis The Wise?
Anakin: No
The Senate: I thought not. It’s not a story the Jedi would tell you. It’s a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life… He had such a knowledge of the dark side, he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying.
Anakin: He could actually save people from death?
The Senate: The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.
Anakin: What happened to him?
The Senate: He became so powerful… the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Ironic. He could save others from death, but not himself.
Anakin: Is it possible to learn this power?
The Senate: Not from a Jedi.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:32 am 
Staff
Legend
CharlieKelly wrote:
Gotta watch out for heat issuses and cards fitting with other parts when you're on a micro atx. I have one and its a bitch, I don't think i'll ever get a small mobo again.

Not really worried about overheating, I've got really good ventilation/fans on my case and everything right now. What cards should I worry about not fitting? According to PCPartPicker everything should work together smoothly
-No Pity For A Coward-
"im srry, i din mean it massta, lil simple is gone be a good boy massta" -Mr. Simplistic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:38 am 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:22040504
Yiggles Moto wrote:
CharlieKelly wrote:

Not really worried about overheating, I've got really good ventilation/fans on my case and everything right now. What cards should I worry about not fitting? According to PCPartPicker everything should work together smoothly

I didnt check for your build exactly, and if everything fits now (or says it fits), you're fine. It's if you want to upgrade later, having a smaller MoBo could cause problems.

For me it was just everything, I wanted a small case so I got a small mobo, then I had heat issues so I got a new CPU fan (which didnt fit) and it was just a big headache.
I like to have lots of space in my build for air flow and future upgrades now.
Gonna revise your Levi's with physical harm
Put divets in the rivets with my physical arm
Gonna beat those jeans, gonna dip em in slime
Turn your 501s into 499s

The Senate: Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis The Wise?
Anakin: No
The Senate: I thought not. It’s not a story the Jedi would tell you. It’s a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life… He had such a knowledge of the dark side, he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying.
Anakin: He could actually save people from death?
The Senate: The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.
Anakin: What happened to him?
The Senate: He became so powerful… the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Ironic. He could save others from death, but not himself.
Anakin: Is it possible to learn this power?
The Senate: Not from a Jedi.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:40 am 
Staff
Legend
CharlieKelly wrote:
Yiggles Moto wrote:
CharlieKelly wrote:

I didnt check for your build exactly, and if everything fits now (or says it fits), you're fine. It's if you want to upgrade later, having a smaller MoBo could cause problems.

For me it was just everything, I wanted a small case so I got a small mobo, then I had heat issues so I got a new CPU fan (which didnt fit) and it was just a big headache.
I like to have lots of space in my build for air flow and future upgrades now.

Just waiting on some more opinions before I throw the order in and start to upgrade this thing
-No Pity For A Coward-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:37 am 
Staff
Legend
Might be swapping out that motherboard to get a better one, and the i5-6500 isn't compatible so I switched to the 4460

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($169.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($98.89 @ OutletPC)

Thoughts?
-No Pity For A Coward-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:30 pm 
Staff
Legend
-No Pity For A Coward-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:09 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:53873342
Just a question, why the aftermarket cooler? You don't have an overclocking board or an unlocked chip, and that CPU will run fine on the included stock cooler.

Nothing wrong with that either, the 212 Evo is a very nice cooler.

Enjoy your new setup!
admin he is doing it sideways

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:14 pm 
Staff
Legend
At first I considered getting the 4690k, but decided against it. The other CPU wasn't going to come with a stock cooler and the bundle with the motherboard included the cooler, so I decided why not get it
-No Pity For A Coward-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:39 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19466299
i have a 212 evo, its good enough for a 4.4 oc on a 4790k but temps arent that great
Targets for EgN:

1. Join EgN [x]
2. Become Supreme Leader []

New Topic Post Reply  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next