Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:83040529
do any of you guys play?

im debating whether its worth getting, cuz i loved rainbow 6

Tom Clancy Division

Social 
 Post subject: Re: Tom Clancy Division
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 1:51 pm 
EgN Member
I have it, i've played it. Would rate 7/10.
<17:15:54> "Roaxes": i first met lex when she was roleplaying as a doctor on jailbreak
A pile of cats is called a meowntain. Ba dum tsss.
I've been here too long.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 1:57 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:61594940
Played it on console 3/10
Wouldn't buy would rent
https://www.redditgifts.com/?inv=CMv5 Join reddit gifts and get free items but you do have to send back gifts or you'll get penalized
After reading every EgN Post

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 2:05 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:28932814
I played back during the Open Beta. While the game was really well made in terms of visuals it lacked sorely. The game felt like a very clunky Destiny clone set in a realistic NYC. The story and most PVE is subpar. The Dark Zone was a really nice feature but I wish it was fleshed out more. Going rogue was probably the biggest mistake you could make because there was no incentive other than you wanted to mow everyone down with EXTREME PREJUDICE!

I would say just purchase Destiny with the Taken King expansion. You'll get a much better game and it won't be bugged to all hell and back like it is on The Division.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 2:12 pm 
EgN Member
It's a okay game. I have played for a bit and it's somewhat fun. I would recommend it so you can try it. I would rate 8/10.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 2:39 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:45881423
Suspect wrote:
It's a okay game. I have played for a bit and it's somewhat fun. I would recommend it so you can try it. I would rate 8/10.

Somewhat fun is 8/10, the fuck?

It does'it look like my kind of game tbh. Looks loke bullet sponges of destiny without any of the cool themes or mechanics. If you want a solid review check the "total biscuit" review, it was fair and gives a good look at the game

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 3:33 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:42385346
Well, for one it's Tom Clancy's The Division, not Tom Clancy Division...

I thought it was a very meh game. I enjoyed it a lot of when playing with friends, but the game extremely suffers from one huge problem that a lot of recent MMO's are having (Such as Black Desert), and that's a lack of any real end game content. Normally when you think of an MMO you imagine all of the things you can do once you reach max level, such as dungeons or raids and such. In The Division you have only a handful of things to do that are repetitive and don't pay off in-game that well with anything like loot.

The DarkZone at level 30 is a waste of time because the entire point of it is to be the place to find the best loot, but for most players you find, craft, or buy the best items outside of the DarkZone before or around the time you reach level 30. The DarkZone is also meant to be a sort of PvP area, but it was so horribly executed. For example, you have to extract any loot you find in the DarkZone, and the worry of losing any of the loot you may find generally keeps you from wanting to risk another player killing you due to your own instigation. The only real reason to PvP is to try to steal another player's loot before they extract it so that you can extract it yourself; however, you have no way of telling if a player has good loot before you start attacking them. On top of this, attacking another player first marks you as a Rogue, which throws a red skull above your head and shows you on the map. This red skull can be seen through walls, and is a beacon letting everyone else know where you're at. Killing a Rogue player generally nets you a decent amount of DZ experience, as well as the loot they were carrying, without any penalty for yourself, even if you die while trying to kill the Rogue, other than losing any items you have that you haven't extracted. Due to the beacon above a Rogue's head, a ton of people will generally try to go after them. The huge downside to being a Rogue beyond the fact that you have a beacon above your head and a bunch of people likely trying to kill you is that you suffer a ridiculously huge penalty if you die as a Rogue. Dying as a Rogue makes you lose a stupidly huge amount of DarkZone Credits, which you generally will want to save up to get better weapons from specific vendors in the DarkZone. DarkZone Credits take a very long time to accumulate, and a single death as a Rogue can throw away several hours worth of grinding DarkZone Credits. It's a really poor system that kinda forces most people away from actually PvPing in the DarkZone.

The other main end game thing you can do is an (or two, I'm not sure if there's only one or if there's two) incursion. While I've never played one because I stopped playing before it came out, it's basically just a difficult mission meant for a group of 4, just like a dungeon in most games. But the issue is there's only one (or two), and that means there isn't much to do after them and it gets very repetitive very quick. I'm not sure if the loot is worth it, but weapons can only get so and so good before you can't find anything better than what you already have.

All in all, if you want about 30-50 hours of decently enjoyable game time, sure it's a good game. Sadly, it lacks what you would expect from a game that calls itself an MMORPG, and runs out of things to do after you meet that threshold.

"Love is when the other person's happiness is more important than your own."
~H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

"The wounds of love can only be healed by the person who made them."
~Publius Syrus

I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
~Winston Churchill

<17:26:05> "Wartheft": Sneakin into mah channel
<17:26:11> "Sibblet": xD
<17:26:12> "Wartheft": Snatchin my fedoras up
<17:26:21> "Sibblet": I ate your fedoras, my apologies
<17:26:21> "Wartheft": I see how it be
<17:26:26> "Wartheft": YOU WHAT
<17:26:29> "Wartheft": Q.Q
<17:26:30> "Sibblet": NOTHING
<17:26:32> "Sibblet": >_>
<17:26:34> "Sibblet": <_<

<20:57:43> "GirlWithAGun": (ง'̀-'́)ง fight me
<20:58:06> "Wartheft": Q('.'Q) Let's go
<20:58:23> "GirlWithAGun": lol
<20:58:33> "Wartheft": (o.o)O=('.'Q) Take that
<20:59:35> "GirlWithAGun": ow D:

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 7:11 pm 
EgN Member
Mr. Simplistic wrote:
Suspect wrote:

Somewhat fun is 8/10, the fuck?

It does'it look like my kind of game tbh. Looks loke bullet sponges of destiny without any of the cool themes or mechanics. If you want a solid review check the "total biscuit" review, it was fair and gives a good look at the game

Wow.. what's wrong with my opinion M8?

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 12:41 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:34490137
I love playing the Division, The dark zone is a little meh cuz I don't have friends my level to play it with, but you'll need backup for he dark zone :) I like playing the story though ^^ I'd say 8/10

New Topic Post Reply  [ 9 posts ]