New Topic Post Reply  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:43 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:433420658
Set up discounts or free recruit votes. for likes or shares on Facebook/Twitter of course we would have to have entertaining things that people would watch.

how am I making money?? will donations be going directly to my paypal account??????

Lead Inspector at EgN Inquisitorial Squad

Social 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:12 am 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:43792252
I like the pay to unban. If they truly are just idiots who are gonna get themselves banned again, that's just free money. Have a high curve on the $x to y bans. $10 1st ban, $20 2nd, $40 3rd, etc or similar.
-No Pity For A Coward-
http://cdn.funnyisms.com/ecc914b3-1ce2-4aa7-8b36-992cf563121f.jpg
"im srry, i din mean it massta, lil simple is gone be a good boy massta" -Mr. Simplistic
"Your taste in music is A2+ and I like how you moto." -Needy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:17 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:2416971
Yiggles Moto wrote:
I like the pay to unban. If they truly are just idiots who are gonna get themselves banned again, that's just free money. Have a high curve on the $x to y bans. $10 1st ban, $20 2nd, $40 3rd, etc or similar.

Exactly the kind of idea I was thinking.
If they act like idiots they can just be banned again and wait it out or pay more.

There are a lot of people who are perm'd who may pay to get a ban removal lol.
But if they continue to act a fool, they can still be banned again.
It isn't necessarily immunity, as much as it is a "Fine"

SemiAutoNoob wrote:
Set up discounts or free recruit votes. for likes or shares on Facebook/Twitter of course we would have to have entertaining things that people would watch.

how am I making money?? will donations be going directly to my paypal account??????

No money for you! I believe all money should be reinvested into the community for enhanced experience for everyone.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:19 am 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:43792252
SpazzO wrote:
Yiggles Moto wrote:

If they act like idiots they can just be banned again and wait it out or pay more.

tax the stupid!
-No Pity For A Coward-
http://cdn.funnyisms.com/ecc914b3-1ce2-4aa7-8b36-992cf563121f.jpg
"im srry, i din mean it massta, lil simple is gone be a good boy massta" -Mr. Simplistic
"Your taste in music is A2+ and I like how you moto." -Needy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:21 am 
EgN Member
Yiggles Moto wrote:
SpazzO wrote:
Yiggles Moto wrote:

Tax the stupid!

I feel like that is how the world should be run.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:43 pm 
Community Leader
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:84775876
Location: l: 179° 56′ 39.4″, b: +0° 2′ 46.2″, d: 7,940 ± 420 parsecs, from Via Lactea galactic center.
SemiAutoNoob wrote:

Only paying out in kg cocaína pura and illegally acquired BTC. :/
Been there, done that. No regrets, never give up on what's important. Prioritize. Happiness is all that matters.
I really like meowers but can't own any for the time being. Image

Software Developer with a fondness for Python & UE4.
🐱‍👤

ImageImageImage
Interested in Star Citizen? - Use STAR-PZ6J-4C62 and get us both some cool extras :3

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:04 am 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:221617357
I like the pay to unban idea, it's been used a couple times in my knowledge, e.g. when Zachariah paid for someone's unban, which I think it might of been rain?

It will surely help EgN's funding in which could bring us more servers and more features to add into the community.
BRITNEY SPEARS killed <>< with knife.

Spoiler: Show

1. Join EgN [ X ]
2. Become a Recruit [ X ]
3. Become an EgN Member [ X ]
4. Become a Admin [ X ]
5. Become an Elite [ X ]
6. Become a Veteran [ X ]
7. Become a part of Events Team [ X ]
8. Become a Manager [ ]
9. Become a Staff [ X ]
10. Become an Advisor [ ]
11. Become the next EgN Leader! [ ]

EgN| Mr Geeza™ : Why do I always get you and sinister mixed up lol sorry xD
EgN-S| Phillip: Cause you a racist

Jafari asks the wall: What is the meaning of life?
The wall responds with: Kill yourself. DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUN
EgN-S| Mr.GoldGames: I asked for a demotion, where's my demotion at?
1 month later....
The following people have been recognised for their service to the community:

Veteran to Staff
Mr.GoldGames

EgN-S| Mr.GoldGames: I ask for a demotion but I got a promotion instead? Life sucks sometimes.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:47 am 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:177980773
Mr.Geeza wrote:
I like the pay to unban idea, it's been used a couple times in my knowledge, e.g. when Zachariah paid for someone's unban, which I think it might of been rain?

It will surely help EgN's funding in which could bring us more servers and more features to add into the community.

Dhack

*DEAD* EgN|s BEST ADMIN TITTYSPRINKLES: i thought today was rulebreaking day my bad :-(
*DEAD* EgN| Terminator #Fishy Guy: yup, ma dick to long :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:08 am 
EgN Member
Doldol wrote:
SemiAutoNoob wrote:

Only paying out in kg cocaína pura and illegally acquired BTC. :/

I accept both of these kinds of payment.

But, I am hoping this will be taken serious in its entirety.
I put a lot of thought into these ideas and would like to expand more on them to get to a path of implemention, but I need people who are more skilled in different expertise than me to accomplish that. Together, we want to bring the best out of our community and help it flourish amongst any negativity.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:03 pm 
EgN Member
First off I just like to say you`ve done a superb job nailing down a wise and thoughtful roadmap for EgN SpazzO. From what I`ve read coming from an outsider here I really do like some of these ideas and it seems like you have a good eye for being very ambitious on wanting to push EgN to the best of it`s ability. In terms of finding the best ways to reach out to more people and expanding your servers to make an even bigger name for yourselves out there on the net would be that you advertise yourselves across all forms of social media let`s say on a weekly basis at least once a week. Be anything from Facebook to Twitter to Discord to even console platforms etc PS4 and Xbox clubs/communities. I`ll break this down so it`s easier for me to lay it out.

Console Gaming Experience expansion - I know majority of EgN here are pretty much hooked on PC gaming which isn`t a problem but at times I feel you guys really could expand on making a better and bigger home for the console players out there to. That`s not to say you don`t as you guys have shown that you do involve the likes of Playstation , Xbox and Nintendo but it could do with having it`s levels raised up on making a level playing field with Steam then that way your combining not only EgN from PC but also EgN players who may not use Steam often but are still part of the family even if they use console as there main horse.

Expanding the console experience from here can be done a number of ways that can prove to be very effective. For example you mentioned below in your competitive teams that you would like to host competitions/tournaments on games like Rocket League. I`m a huge Rocket Player myself over on PS4 and I`ve playing that game daily every single night for the past two years since it launched and I love it to pieces. If you wanted you could always introduce the idea of hosting something like EgN gaming parties on PS4/Xbox One for ranked members on here as well as new recruits or just complete newcomers like myself once per week of a hang out session providing that they have a console. By doing this it would benefit you guys alot since not only would you be advertising yourselves more on other platforms to bring more people in but it would be a great effective way to get to know new people or ones here who maybe don`t use , don`t have or don`t play Steam often or hardly at all. A great starting point would be Rocket League though in terms of setting up your very own EgN inspired Esports seasonal tournaments on all platforms. Now actually might be a perfect time to do that considering Rocket League is getting cross platform chat update in March. But it doesn`t have to be necessary be Rocket League it could be Rainbow Six Siege which I know is another popular one over here or maybe even give Fortnite a tryout. What I would suggest is getting a few people together once per week on console with a combination of maybe two admins from here , few EgN members and some recruits or newcomers. Just an idea of course but if you guys play your cards right it could lead you down a great road of pulling in more people as well as getting new members to maintain themselves and stick around in the long run.

Competitive Teams - Not really much to say on this one considering I covered some of it in my previous point but expanding on that it pretty much works more or less the same way. Set up your own competitive Esports leagues in teams for games like Rocket League , Rainbow Six Siege , Fortnite , OverWatch and Counter Strike and many more but just make sure your targeting more than just Steam as you`ll find great benefits to the community in reaping the reward from all platforms.

Customer/Gamer Experience - For this one I think it`s great what you guys are doing on keeping the community engaged and active with the amount of great discussions I see on the EgN forums as well as the amount of love you guys give on engaging new members/outsiders with popular games like Counter Strike. There`s not much I could say on how this could be expanded on but for one maybe introducing some new types of activities on the EgN forums would be a nice welcoming addition that would help motivate new members to get stuck in and involved with EgN more. I mean you guys do great in terms of pulling in new members on the servers but I think it`s also important to keep in mind to apply that same diverse balance with the EgN forums to. Sometimes thinking outside the box and finding new innovative ways to push newcomers/recruits to participate can do all the work of magic. I myself a run a number of large gaming communities across a number of social media channels such as Facebook , PS4 communities , Discord and RestEra ( origins of ex-NeoGaf foundation ) which for each I keep all members both current and new with many fun activities whilst at the same time always exploring the possibilities of testing out new ground breaking ideas. These range from weekly questions on gaming/TV/movies/World in general , guess the image from a certain game with the image crystallized , let`s play , speed run competitions on a weekly basis from talented gamers in certain groups , classic throwback Thursdays and things like if you were standed on a Island or place or faced with a nightmare scenario , what things would you guys sacrifice ? and what things you guys take to defend ? Again you guys pretty much have this one sorted but a few new creative ideas wouldn`t go a miss help the EgN community even further.

Partnership Agreements - This one actually proved quite effective for me in terms of my current gaming groups that I help run with teams but I have found over the years that it`s better to work together to build not only numbers but also to build better quality for a community. After all two minds a like are better than one. I`m sure you could find some great places to start searching around. A first step would be following up on my very first point that I made which would be to put yourselves out there on all forms of social media on a regular basis and get yourselves noticed out there by the bigger gaming communities. I mean I do help advertise this community on the occasion now and then in my groups but of course there`s plenty of other ways on gaining new members. I mean you guys do well as it is with the amount of recruits you pull in every month but if you guys are looking to push I would suggest asking around in other gaming groups some of you maybe perhaps in and ask if you guys would like to join in helping us build our community or if an agreement can`t be made right away then a way to seek that would be helping one anothers community to grow and in return both communities can boost and gain new members from one another by ensuring that both share there members and group access. A good starting point would be setting up your own EgN a like communities on things like Discord , Console platforms like in the Xbox One clubs section. Even if they are on a completely different platform to PC you can easily cross over and somehow pool those members together with your EgN home over here and besides having multiple homes isn`t exactly a bad thing since all those members on a console platform or another channel can still easily access the forums. Just think of it as linked mini sub houses linking to fuel up the main EgN home. Every little helps hehe.

I don`t have to much to add to some of the others as some of you may have more knowledge in being able to expand on those future goal areas but on a final note one last thing I will say is don`t go down the whole pay to unban route. I`ve pretty much always been against the whole implementation of this as it doesn`t paint a good picture for the community and neither does it come off as making a good first impression when your partnering with new communities or bringing newcomers into your community. Personally introducing a whole pay to unban system defeats the whole purpose of the gamers coming first experience. Yes there are pros to putting a system like this in place but the times I`ve seen it done in the past , there`s more cons that outweigh the pros here. Pay to unban system for one can be quite damaging to not only a gaming community itself but from a gaming companies point of view as well. I mean I see thousands of cheats and arseholes getting banned from every day on games like Rocket League , PUBG , Fortnite , OverWatch , COD and the list goes on but long story short ask yourself as a community what would you put first the gamers experience having a good and fun time on the servers or a easy to win shortcut of putting money first before gamers that helps EgN`s funding grow ? In my eyes the right option would be put the gamers at the heart of your servers experience first before money. Money should never be considered as a first for all option before your members. If anything adding a pay to unban system would make you guys like the half sister in law of EA and come on the last thing anyone wants is to be Electronic Arseholes. Pay to Unban not only is bad marketing for any gaming community but if you think about it , it paints the whole picture and sums what this community would be like as a whole. In fact many communities have used this in the past but it`s most of the time it`s always went down wrong and never work out correctly how they would hope it would work out and the lesson here is to to not make that mistake like they did. I know it`s only an idea but it`s something I`m highly against and disagree with. I mean if you guys had a charity you could always donate the money to them in a sponsor if you were going to implement this in the future but I think it`s all for the wrong reasons. Making easy money off bans is like EA making easy money off forcing gamers to buy into microtransactions or other stuff to access another part of the game that should have been added at launch.

Take Call of Duty Infinite Warefare zombies mode for example. Even though this doesn`t relate in an exact match but does relate to the pay unban system in some way , I see hundreds cheating on there every single day ruining it for those who want a proper legit experience without cheats still even a year and a half after it`s release. But ask yourself if they were to ever introduce a unban pay system would that be teaching them a valuable lesson or would it just be a way of ruining the experience ? It`s a half and half answer in my view on that but I guess it all comes down to depending on who the gamer is but majority of them probably would pay and pay again considering that 60% of gamers buy into micro transactions off EA m it`s a given here that today`s generation of gamers will take the easy way out and not giving a shit who`s experience there ruining. My point is if they allowed that it would mean money comes before a gamers experience instead of thinking of the gamers needs who want an enjoyable level playing field fair experience. It be like if they allowed this is any other game such as Rocket League PUBG. Pay to Unban system would just ruin the whole aspect of the fanbase as well as defeating the purpose of communities/companies not putting the gamers first before money much like EA as well damaging the brand of marketing to that gaming community/company. It also comes across as bad publicity and doesn`t represent the community or a company in a good perspective light from the outside on social media. My point is in relation to wanting to have it implemented on your servers could end up ruining the experience for other members in the community if the fact that there not learning any valuable lesson from being banned. You might think it`s an easy way to sink money in the pockets but please just don`t because one it`s an EA move and I know you guys are better than that and two it comes across as microtransactions which is a much hated thing in this generation of gaming. The last thing you want is EgN being put on the band wagon all because of not careful made decisions that have high repercussions later down the line in damaging the communities reputation.

Anyways though that`s all my suggestions and my perspective but overall fabulous job on that roadmap SpazzO

New Topic Post Reply  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3
 >> Next