New Topic Post Reply  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:35 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:11765093
Mr.GoldGames wrote:
If the app gets a lot of yes', why would we need to worry about what is said about the dude? If the guy is known for spamming/being a dick he wont get in.

This couldn't be further from the truth I think. Recruits get voted in based on if people like them. Plain and simple. We have voted in plenty of people who turn out to be super toxic and they get voted in because they made the majority of people like them. So if you are applying to a job you think the person hiring shouldn't be able to know your past history and it should be sorely based on if the hiring person likes you? C'mon you all that are against this know that isn't how the real world works. All I have been suggesting if give a way for people to let everyone know "hey today this guy refused to listen admins on jb and argued with us" vs. "hey this dude is cool vote yes"

"Who I am is not important, my message is." - Revan

Social 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:17 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:150625838
GoopSauce wrote:
Mr.GoldGames wrote:
If the app gets a lot of yes', why would we need to worry about what is said about the dude? If the guy is known for spamming/being a dick he wont get in.

This couldn't be further from the truth I think. Recruits get voted in based on if people like them. Plain and simple. We have voted in plenty of people who turn out to be super toxic and they get voted in because they made the majority of people like them. So if you are applying to a job you think the person hiring shouldn't be able to know your past history and it should be sorely based on if the hiring person likes you? C'mon you all that are against this know that isn't how the real world works. All I have been suggesting if give a way for people to let everyone know "hey today this guy refused to listen admins on jb and argued with us" vs. "hey this dude is cool vote yes"

This is something you really shouldn’t and can’t compare to real life or a job, simply because this isn’t a job interview where we need to know your past for you to get accepted as a recruit or into the clan. If a recruit did something disruptive or was banned a couple years or months ago on the server (which will appear on their recruit application *depending if they were given a ban or not) before applying to the clan it’s not something that Staff+ should base their opinion around. It’s like wikipedia; the given information won’t be completely accurate present time, but it’s something to start with e.g smiley; she made an application with what 6 bans? And she was accepted into the clan neither is she a toxic member which is one of the reasons why we give so many second chances (more than that even) because people do tend to change their behavior. And you said it yourself, people get accepted into the clan entirely based on whether that person is liked or not (and of course whether they are appropriately representing the clan which if they aren’t you can easily let Staff+ know and they tend to handle it) and isn’t that how it’s suppose to be? The members of the clan have complete control into whether someone does or doesn’t get accepted into the clan, yeah? It’s really just majority rule, and that’s not going to change with some comments on an application as mattlikespie had said it’s toxic people who let toxic people in. And that’s where member complaints come in that is if you think that a member of the clan is either being toxic or isn’t representing the clan appropriately then you can form a complaint which doesn’t always result in them getting kicked from the clan as members do (most of the time) learn from their mistakes. I understand what you mean regarding toxic players being accepted into the clan, but it could be done much differently.

Read Matt’s post again
To all the the ladies, peace, and humptiness.

ask me about film, novels, fashion, cinematography, and/or music & you'll have my ear for hours

Doldol 🐾: I'm a Hyper Nova
Doldol 🐾: Kharn can be a
Doldol 🐾: Super Massive Black Hole
EgN-S| Needy: lmao
Doldol 🐾: xD
EgN-S| Needy: dude idk why, but i thought you were going to say super massive black cocc
Doldol 🐾: You can be a
Doldol 🐾: LOL
Doldol 🐾: nono thatd then be micro astroid
Doldol 🐾: or so ive heard
EgN-S| Needy: Like he's just one big degenerate penus
Doldol 🐾: ROFL
Doldol 🐾: IK
Doldol 🐾: xd

her favourite colour was yellow

Smiley: yes, I have a job now so I can be the breadwinner of the household and you can just relax to Rex all day :)

life goals
[  ] become legend before mootinie
[  ] get 10,000 post before mutiny
[  ] marry smiley

Tricky: i don't think any of the staff+ are here to slap their e-penis on you

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:19 pm 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:221617357
Mr.GoldGames wrote:
This thread is fucking toasty on how hot it is.

Im super against this because some of you already shit post and act like assholes on name change threads. The membership applications are fine the way they are. Not cluttered with "Nah hes a stupid gay" or "What a nice guy". Your votes are what tells Staff+ that you like the dude, so why let you comment on it? Your comments are kinda useless to the point. If the app gets a lot of yes', why would we need to worry about what is said about the dude? If the guy is known for spamming/being a dick he wont get in.

The only thing this will do is open up an area for you all to release your personal feelings against the guy instead of how he will benefit/take away from, the community.

Well I hope this gave a more definitive answer, also in Matt's post too.

I'm also sure that this would have been requested before.
BRITNEY SPEARS killed <>< with knife.

Spoiler: Show

1. Join EgN [ X ]
2. Become a Recruit [ X ]
3. Become an EgN Member [ X ]
4. Become a Admin [ X ]
5. Become an Elite [ X ]
6. Become a Veteran [ X ]
7. Become a part of Events Team [ X ]
8. Become a Manager [ ]
9. Become a Staff [ X ]
10. Become an Advisor [ ]
11. Become the next EgN Leader! [ ]

EgN| Mr Geeza™ : Why do I always get you and sinister mixed up lol sorry xD
EgN-S| Phillip: Cause you a racist

Jafari asks the wall: What is the meaning of life?
The wall responds with: Kill yourself. DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUN
EgN-S| Mr.GoldGames: I asked for a demotion, where's my demotion at?
1 month later....
The following people have been recognised for their service to the community:

Veteran to Staff
Mr.GoldGames

EgN-S| Mr.GoldGames: I ask for a demotion but I got a promotion instead? Life sucks sometimes.

New Topic Post Reply  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5