1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:50 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:47477194
I approve of this idea.
<3 peace be with y'all EgN beauties and remember Why So Serious about life? Live while you can. :)
Spoiler: Show

"If someone wants to fist me..." - Mr.GoldGames
"Calm Down Snapchat" - Everyone
Debuted Roast King!

Social 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:46 am 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:177980773
I mean the only reason I don't really approve of this idea is considering that the fact that Recruits aren't really in the clan, they are like on a trial basis to get in the clan. We control the votes, you don't like them, vote no and if the majority of us don't like said person, then we'll vote no and they won't get in. It's not much of a difference then not allowing them to join as a recruit.

How about an idea about if a recruit gets banned during their recruitment process their recruitment gets terminated?

*DEAD* EgN|s BEST ADMIN TITTYSPRINKLES: i thought today was rulebreaking day my bad :-(
*DEAD* EgN| Terminator #Fishy Guy: yup, ma dick to long :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:05 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:160181792
See no point in making things more of a difficult process. I also have a feeling certain people won't put down a proper response but instead a dig at a person.

Ignorance is bliss

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:59 am 
Co Leader
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:80046838
Needy wrote:
Like the idea.

Except regardless of even members commenting constructive criticism towards a recruit that then gets accepted in which they can then view the comments given on their recruitment application (unless doldol or dyno can somehow manage to come up with something that prevents them from doing so, which is probably possible) leading them to probably taking the criticism to a personal level (as many members do) and boom, warfare. And really if you believe a recruit is doing something disruptive on the server or a member wants to comment why they shouldn’t be accepted into the clan don’t you think they should just take it to a higher up to begin with? And there are plenty of other issues that could go wrong in this sense.

Now if you were to make it so it’s almost identical to the current process of how admins may comment on other members admin applications where the comments submitted must be approved and are only visble to staff+ so they can get feedback as to whether a recruit should be a member or not, and to provide an enclosed section for members to comment their issues towards the given recruit instead of having it open to the whole clan to allow feedback in order to vote, at least presuming that’s what you mean, it would seem more appropriate.
2018 Goals for EgN

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:34 am 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:79036420
Think of it this way;

So you’ve posted this idea for members of the clan to see. Why? Well your only motive would be that there’s people who have gotten into the clan that you don’t think should be here, yes? If your motive if different then your idea makes little to no logical sense because the system would otherwise be fine. So provided that what I stated is your motive, you’ve made this known to apparent toxic members asking them to change letting in toxic members. Seems a little counter intuitive? Just a thought.

Another thing I point out is your explicit term usage of “influencing the vote,” which is something we’ve beeen trying to prevent. We don’t want you to discuss your votes because your vote is your own. Now you would post on an app explicitly trying to get people to vote one way or another. It’s easy to post in a constructive manner how negative the terrible circumstance of the recruits ban was before he got accepted so people don’t vote for him. But in reality the ban was years ago and the recruit is actually a good guy. Do Staff deny a comment like that? “Nah we hadn’t seen him like this so we deny it” but really it’s a fabricated truth but truth nonetheless, so is denying it right? No we’d probably need to accept it. Pretty easy to rack in those no votes towards an otherwise cool guy, or even the other way around, yes for a really toxic guy.

See my point? I disagree with this idea but I don’t neccessarily disagree that the system could be changed. I just don’t think this is the best way to do it. You could counter argue that my example against it could be said for admin apps, but really, no, because only Staff look at those and not a whole community voting.

@ Central; we already evaluate recruits if they get banned during recruitment and usually deny them.

Star Citizen Reference Code: STAR-GK4C-BYF5

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:34 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:11765093
I still think you guys are missing the point. People who simply want to bash a recruit their comments wouldn't even be allowed. And to the people saying just vote no well what about our members who are never active but yet only get on to vote yes on all recruits or vote no. What if the comments were only visible the day the voting booth was opened? Would that solve some of the influencing you all think would happen? Is that even a solution? I'm just throwing out ideas. Thanks to everyone who's commented so far

"Who I am is not important, my message is." - Revan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:48 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:2416971
GoopSauce wrote:
I still think you guys are missing the point. People who simply want to bash a recruit their comments wouldn't even be allowed. And to the people saying just vote no well what about our members who are never active but yet only get on to vote yes on all recruits or vote no. What if the comments were only visible the day the voting booth was opened? Would that solve some of the influencing you all think would happen? Is that even a solution? I'm just throwing out ideas. Thanks to everyone who's commented so far

I have an idea. Only allow Elite and Veterans or just Veterans to comment constructively on Recruit applications. Members can still vote, but it leaves a little room for people to say "Ok, a vetted community member has input on this particular recruit."

That make sense?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:00 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:11765093
SpazzO wrote:
GoopSauce wrote:

I have an idea. Only allow Elite and Veterans or just Veterans to comment constructively on Recruit applications. Members can still vote, but it leaves a little room for people to say "Ok, a vetted community member has input on this particular recruit."

That make sense?

I thought of that as well

"Who I am is not important, my message is." - Revan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:03 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:36657842
GoopSauce wrote:
SpazzO wrote:
GoopSauce wrote:

That make sense?

dumb idea, members are the most active group of players there are. you will often see 5 members online for every 1 veteran. The group that has the most contact with recruits is always the newish members
ImageImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:42 pm 
Co Leader
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:80046838
Synthic wrote:
GoopSauce wrote:
SpazzO wrote:
GoopSauce wrote:

That make sense?

dumb idea, members are the most active group of players there are. you will often see 5 members online for every 1 veteran. The group that has the most contact with recruits is always the newish members

I disagree however if this did happen my vote would be Elite/Vet+. Wait a second, we gave a board for these things seems like everyone has forgotten Oops ?.
2018 Goals for EgN

New Topic Post Reply  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 >> Next