1, 2
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Admin Breaks?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:11 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:29867757
So, I was thinking about how if admins stop paying for admin, they lose admin and have to re-apply.

Couldn't there be a better system?

Like, for example, I find myself more active during certain months on the servers, and it doesn't make much sense for me to pay $60 / year if I'm only going to actively admin for a few months out of that year. I don't have a problem donating to the server, but sometimes I just don't have the time, or the disposable income to keep paying for admin.

Is there a way admins can submit for a leave of absence, or whatever you want to call it, where they arrange to not be active for a certain amount of months, and not pay the monthly fee, and lose their admin (temporarily) WITHOUT having to re-apply? Maybe prove to a staff+ that they understand the major changes since the last time they had admin (by reading admin meeting summaries, playing on the server, etc.)?

The main pro to this would be that admins would be able to resume their duties after talking to a staff+, which gets them back into the action MUCH faster than the 3 week maximum per application guidelines.

The main con to this would be that staff+ would have their workload slightly increased, but only by a tiny bit, as I doubt most admins would choose this option.

Thoughts?
"all tees all tees" -everyone

SYSTEMS FUNCTIONAL. NAVCOM LOCKED. ANIME SPOTTED. GOLIATH ONLINE.

Social 
 Post subject: Re: Admin Breaks?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:01 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:150625838
For the majority of said i agree, but in a different context. So, first & foremost, what are the ways an admin CAN lose admin?

- Not paying for admin
- Not attending the admin meeting and/or a follow-up
- Misusing admin (getting it removed)

Those would be just about the ONLY way you'd lose admin. (Unless there's another way you can lose admin then uhm quote me & tell me because idk what else)

Anyways, so say you forget to pay for your admin and/or are currently on LOA while an admin payment is required? Would imagine it'd be fine but ONLY if you were gone for a short amount of time, so on. Because say if you're away for more than 4 or 5 months then come back demanding admin, you probably shouldn't expect to get it immediately, unfamiliar with the rules. So, in that case you should probably reapply but say if maybe you were away for less than 3 months but your admin was removed for not paying for it, there were no rule changes (admin meeting), I personally would say you should be allowed to be given admin back as long as a Staff updates you with anything needed.

Now, say you didn't attend an admin meeting and/or a follow-up that's most definitely on you because there are plenty of follow-ups, one-on-one's you can have with a higher up, and the admin meeting itself available to you. That's about a month's time. No attendance, admin removal. Which because by then you're more than likely unaware of the new rule changes if made (cannot be by word that you read the thread of the changes as that's solely your word) you have to reapply which should be & is only a one week wait (as long as Staff approves), three weeks at most. Just a note; under three months should be apt. being that admin meetings happen every 3 or so months.

Quote:
Every application will be open for a minimum of 5 days and a max of 3 weeks. Only Elites can apply. Applications are reviewed every Sunday.

tl;dr

Didn't pay for admin? Get to have it back after speaking with a Staff (& after paid) as long as it was under 3 months & there were no admin meetings that you had missed.
Didn't attend an admin meeting and/or follow-up (one-on-one)? Reapply, pay, so on.
Misuse of admin? Shouldn't need to be clarified. If admin removed, you reapply, only accepted if approved by Staff.
To all the the ladies, peace, and humptiness.

ask me about film, novels, fashion, cinematography, and/or music & you'll have my ear for hours

Doldol 🐾: I'm a Hyper Nova
Doldol 🐾: Kharn can be a
Doldol 🐾: Super Massive Black Hole
EgN-S| Needy: lmao
Doldol 🐾: xD
EgN-S| Needy: dude idk why, but i thought you were going to say super massive black cocc
Doldol 🐾: You can be a
Doldol 🐾: LOL
Doldol 🐾: nono thatd then be micro astroid
Doldol 🐾: or so ive heard
EgN-S| Needy: Like he's just one big degenerate penus
Doldol 🐾: ROFL
Doldol 🐾: IK
Doldol 🐾: xd

her favourite colour was yellow

Smiley: yes, I have a job now so I can be the breadwinner of the household and you can just relax to Rex all day :)

life goals
[  ] become legend before mootinie
[  ] get 10,000 post before mutiny
[  ] marry smiley

Tricky: i don't think any of the staff+ are here to slap their e-penis on you

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:27 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Needy wrote:
Would imagine it'd be fine but ONLY if you were gone for a short amount of time, so on. Because say if you're away for more than 4 or 5 months then come back demanding admin, you probably shouldn't expect to get it immediately, unfamiliar with the rules.

I agree, the length of time should be hashed out, but a couple of months to several months seems reasonable. Also, I don't think you should get back admin immediately, I just think that we can do better than the 3 day minimum 3 week maximum system we currently have. All it would really take is to either attend an admin meeting or followup, or spend 5-10 minutes talking with a Staff+ to show that you know how the rules have changed since you were gone.

Needy wrote:
Didn't pay for admin? Get to have it back after speaking with a Staff (& after paid) as long as it was under 3 months & there were no admin meetings that you had missed.
Didn't attend an admin meeting and/or follow-up (one-on-one)? Reapply, pay, so on.
Misuse of admin? Shouldn't need to be clarified. If admin removed, you reapply, only accepted if approved by Staff.

I think this is reasonable, at the very least a follow-up with a Staff+ should be required for getting admin back.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:07 am 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:79036420
Birthstone wrote:
Needy wrote:
Needy wrote:

I think this is reasonable, at the very least a follow-up with a Staff+ should be required for getting admin back.

...you realize this is more or less the system now yes, Birthstone?

Star Citizen Reference Code: STAR-GK4C-BYF5

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:26 am 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:177980773
mattlikespie wrote:
Birthstone wrote:
Needy wrote:
Needy wrote:

Yeah what Matt said. Back when I attended some of the admin meeting they had said that and phrase something along the lines of what they said: 'We all know you all have lives, and we aren't going to remove your admin just for working, or having a life. If you cannot attend the admin meeting, and/or followups, you will need to talk to a staff and you will have a 1 + 1 with them talking about the changes'. Stuff like that.

I do agree with this however, even having to reapply after losing admin for not donating doesn't mean to say your application will stay open for 3 weeks, in fact if you've had admin before, quite frankly there's an easier decision depending on your history as an admin. If you've got a clean record as an admin, and quite frankly are a good admin, then you application will more than likely get accepted on the 6th day (after the 5th) or even on the 5th. I'm quite sure you can wait 5 days just to get your application accepted and be able to admin again in the servers.

*DEAD* EgN|s BEST ADMIN TITTYSPRINKLES: i thought today was rulebreaking day my bad :-(
*DEAD* EgN| Terminator #Fishy Guy: yup, ma dick to long :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:05 am 
EgN Member
Veteran
mattlikespie wrote:

But it isn't? You can't go AWOL for more than a month without paying for admin and keeping it.

central wrote:
If you've got a clean record as an admin, and quite frankly are a good admin, then you application will more than likely get accepted on the 6th day (after the 5th) or even on the 5th. I'm quite sure you can wait 5 days just to get your application accepted and be able to admin again in the servers.

Ok but as of writing this it's been about 8 days since I re-applied for admin... in that time I've had at least 3 people message me asking to help out on the server, which I couldn't do, because I lost admin after not paying for it (as I wasn't free and didn't have disposable income for admin).

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:29 am 
Staff
Legend
Birthstone wrote:
mattlikespie wrote:

But it isn't? You can't go AWOL for more than a month without paying for admin and keeping it.

central wrote:
If you've got a clean record as an admin, and quite frankly are a good admin, then you application will more than likely get accepted on the 6th day (after the 5th) or even on the 5th. I'm quite sure you can wait 5 days just to get your application accepted and be able to admin again in the servers.

Ok but as of writing this it's been about 8 days since I re-applied for admin... in that time I've had at least 3 people message me asking to help out on the server, which I couldn't do, because I lost admin after not paying for it (as I wasn't free and didn't have disposable income for admin).

Okay, before I get to replying to what you said; this here what I've marked in red is what people are coming to nowadays. You don't have to be admin to enforce the rules, or take action on a player. That is why we have a report section, for you to request bans, etc; even if you are or aren't admin, anyone can take action on a player, just a different perspective.

Sure, it's been 8 days but be patient, they'll respond to your application soon enough.

*DEAD* EgN|s BEST ADMIN TITTYSPRINKLES: i thought today was rulebreaking day my bad :-(

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:36 am 
EgN Member
Veteran
Central wrote:
You don't have to be admin to enforce the rules, or take action on a player. That is why we have a report section, for you to request bans, etc; even if you are or aren't admin, anyone can take action on a player, just a different perspective.

Yeah. That's what I had to do every time. If I had had admin, though, I would have been able to stop the behavior immediately.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:20 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:9180382
In my opinion, the fact you have to pay for admin is dumb as hell. Admin should just be that you apply and that's it. No paying for it. I mean yeah it's only $5 but that fact it costs anything at all is stupid. Unless there is a VERY good reason that you need to you shouldn't pay for it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:32 am 
Staff
Legend
North wrote:
In my opinion, the fact you have to pay for admin is dumb as hell. Admin should just be that you apply and that's it. No paying for it. I mean yeah it's only $5 but that fact it costs anything at all is stupid. Unless there is a VERY good reason that you need to you shouldn't pay for it.

In fact, that's where you're wrong. Yes, you think that when people apply it gets accepted that should mean you get admin, but paying $5/month for being an admin, is not much and quite frankly, a donation to EgN to help paying for the servers. Everytime you donate that $5, you're donating to EgN and its cause; yours and every admins donations help in keeping our servers up and running, without those donations, would come struggle keeping them up.

New Topic Post Reply  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next