Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Admin Breaks?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:41 am 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:150625838
Birthstone wrote:
mattlikespie wrote:
...you realize this is more or less the system now yes, Birthstone?

But it isn't? You can't go AWOL for more than a month without paying for admin and keeping it.

central wrote:
If you've got a clean record as an admin, and quite frankly are a good admin, then you application will more than likely get accepted on the 6th day (after the 5th) or even on the 5th. I'm quite sure you can wait 5 days just to get your application accepted and be able to admin again in the servers.

Ok but as of writing this it's been about 8 days since I re-applied for admin... in that time I've had at least 3 people message me asking to help out on the server, which I couldn't do, because I lost admin after not paying for it (as I wasn't free and didn't have disposable income for admin).

Okay uhm so how long have you had your admin removed / when was the last payment needed & who told you to reapply?
To all the the ladies, peace, and humptiness.

ask me about film, novels, fashion, cinematography, and/or music & you'll have my ear for hours

Doldol 🐾: I'm a Hyper Nova
Doldol 🐾: Kharn can be a
Doldol 🐾: Super Massive Black Hole
EgN-S| Needy: lmao
Doldol 🐾: xD
EgN-S| Needy: dude idk why, but i thought you were going to say super massive black cocc
Doldol 🐾: You can be a
Doldol 🐾: LOL
Doldol 🐾: nono thatd then be micro astroid
Doldol 🐾: or so ive heard
EgN-S| Needy: Like he's just one big degenerate penus
Doldol 🐾: ROFL
Doldol 🐾: IK
Doldol 🐾: xd

her favourite colour was yellow

Smiley: yes, I have a job now so I can be the breadwinner of the household and you can just relax to Rex all day :)

life goals
[  ] become legend before mootinie
[  ] get 10,000 post before mutiny
[  ] marry smiley

Tricky: i don't think any of the staff+ are here to slap their e-penis on you

Social 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:52 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:9180382
Central wrote:
North wrote:
In my opinion, the fact you have to pay for admin is dumb as hell. Admin should just be that you apply and that's it. No paying for it. I mean yeah it's only $5 but that fact it costs anything at all is stupid. Unless there is a VERY good reason that you need to you shouldn't pay for it.

In fact, that's where you're wrong. Yes, you think that when people apply it gets accepted that should mean you get admin, but paying $5/month for being an admin, is not much and quite frankly, a donation to EgN to help paying for the servers. Everytime you donate that $5, you're donating to EgN and its cause; yours and every admins donations help in keeping our servers up and running, without those donations, would come struggle keeping them up.

But if you were putting it simply, you're really just paying them to help them, which doesn't really make sense. If we're having problems with money, we should be shutting down servers that go unused such as EgN Comp 1 and 2, Vanilla, which before my ban you couldn't even connect, and maybe even the CS:GO jailbreak cause that clearly isn't going anywhere. But that's just my two cents.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:25 am 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:177980773
North wrote:
Central wrote:
North wrote:
In my opinion, the fact you have to pay for admin is dumb as hell. Admin should just be that you apply and that's it. No paying for it. I mean yeah it's only $5 but that fact it costs anything at all is stupid. Unless there is a VERY good reason that you need to you shouldn't pay for it.

In fact, that's where you're wrong. Yes, you think that when people apply it gets accepted that should mean you get admin, but paying $5/month for being an admin, is not much and quite frankly, a donation to EgN to help paying for the servers. Everytime you donate that $5, you're donating to EgN and its cause; yours and every admins donations help in keeping our servers up and running, without those donations, would come struggle keeping them up.

But if you were putting it simply, you're really just paying them to help them, which doesn't really make sense. If we're having problems with money, we should be shutting down servers that go unused such as EgN Comp 1 and 2, Vanilla, which before my ban you couldn't even connect, and maybe even the CS:GO jailbreak cause that clearly isn't going anywhere. But that's just my two cents.

As far as I'm aware, we're not paying for individual servers, we're paying for a servers box which we can create up to a certain amount of servers.

*DEAD* EgN|s BEST ADMIN TITTYSPRINKLES: i thought today was rulebreaking day my bad :-(
*DEAD* EgN| Terminator #Fishy Guy: yup, ma dick to long :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:54 am 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:72199061
North wrote:

You of all people should know why this wouldn't work lol.

I think there should be some sort of grace period so people can get right back into being an admin if they miss a donation or an admin meeting. For example, if someone was an admin in the last six months then they should be able to apply and skip right away to talking to a Staff+ and not have to wait a couple of weeks. The only real issue would be people who don't attend admin meetings and try to abuse the grace period as a way to skip meetings but I'm sure this is already being kept track of anyways.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:03 pm 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:221617357
Every clan works different. Every clan is different. Some might give admin away to trusted players, some might give admin to successful applicants (without donating or essentially paying), and some require payment or donations for admin.

It so happens to be that we are the clan that to receive admin, we must receive a $5 donation every month to obtain admin.

Like one of you said, we ask for donations to help fund our services, such as our teamspeak, our .net domain and our server box.
BRITNEY SPEARS killed <>< with knife.

Spoiler: Show

1. Join EgN [ X ]
2. Become a Recruit [ X ]
3. Become an EgN Member [ X ]
4. Become a Admin [ X ]
5. Become an Elite [ X ]
6. Become a Veteran [ X ]
7. Become a part of Events Team [ X ]
8. Become a Manager [ ]
9. Become a Staff [ X ]
10. Become an Advisor [ ]
11. Become the next EgN Leader! [ ]

EgN| Mr Geeza™ : Why do I always get you and sinister mixed up lol sorry xD
EgN-S| Phillip: Cause you a racist

Jafari asks the wall: What is the meaning of life?
The wall responds with: Kill yourself. DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUN
EgN-S| Mr.GoldGames: I asked for a demotion, where's my demotion at?
1 month later....
The following people have been recognised for their service to the community:

Veteran to Staff
Mr.GoldGames

EgN-S| Mr.GoldGames: I ask for a demotion but I got a promotion instead? Life sucks sometimes.

Last edited by Geeza on Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:22 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:85176484
Its 5$?! Thought it was 55$. Now i feel awfull

EgN moments: