Register
Login 

New Topic Post Reply  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:03 pm 
EgN Member
Remove dead chat. Used for ghosting/spamming/abuse. Dead warden telling cts what his orders were while dead. Promoting clueless CTs to not pay attention from start.

Remove text chat that says/shows things like: Player x shot player y. Both players still alive. Now CTs know player x shot player y without ever seeing it and have easy excuse to kill on sight regardless of everything.
This promotes lazy CTs. Seen this alot a T shoots a CT and cts figure out from chat and nothing more.

Social 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:06 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:90497105
If the T kills a CT and just stands there pretending he didn't do anything he deserves to die
TITTYSPRINKLES. wrote:
EgN|s BEST ADMIN TITTYSPRINKLES: im a 4 year vet here im tired of having to answer to snowduck because shes a girl

Neezon (1): NA OMEGALUL

http://www.newnownext.com/hornytoons-gifs/03/2014/
keaton: Ik its from salad
keaton: He comes up with gay shit
EgN| Eclipzx.: Agreed

Spoiler: Show

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:10 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:47477194
If the dead are interrupting gameplay/ghosting tell an admin on the server as they are breaking the rules, the dead should then get muted.

Regarding the second bit, I don't know why it was implemented (I'm a bit slow in catching up the development of JB), but the CT's job is extremely hard as it is, and trying to find out who shot them adds a hell of a lot of trouble. So implementing the chat logs where it tells who shot who, is helpful to the cts, it also adds a sense of difficulty for t's to rebel. Which is nice to spice it up that way.

Also the chat logs help admins find out if CT's freekill, or freeshot t's.
<3 peace be with y'all EgN beauties and remember Why So Serious about life? Live while you can. :)
Spoiler: Show

"If someone wants to fist me..." - Mr.GoldGames
"Calm Down Snapchat" - Everyone
Debuted Roast King!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:19 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:9180382
Btw it doesn't show if a T shot a CT

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:30 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:95290612
It only shows when a CT shoots a T. It doesn't go both ways.
And dead chat isn't a problem since the alive people can't read dead chat.
Only way they could ghost is by Mic wich an admin could hear and shut up or a player could tell admin to be sure and stop it as well.
Not a problem in my eyes tho
+sometimes it's useful to have the dead warden to repeat the orders. It prevents confusion and/or freekilling. Cat's should lay attention yes. But sometimes if u are busy chasing a rebels orders can slip past it hearing because u don't focus on it
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2018

rebeler since february 2016

we all have different lifes, different problems and different paths to take.....
but what we all wonder is: would they be proud of who i am today?

Princess Strawberry: "HEY, i know everything about Denmark , OK?
Princess Strawberry: "what kind of waffles do they eat in Denmark?"
Princess Strawberry: "OH WAIT SHIT THAT'S BELGIUM"

<16:59:31> "Eclipzx_" was banned for 10 minutes from the server by "GoopSauce" (pussy much?)

*warden*: There's 1 rebeler in garage please get him
*INBREADCATS*: It's only 1 rebeler,what can he do......oh shit it's terminator i'm coming

reboobalar: "term this is your warning because i know you're just gonna rebel"
reboobalar: "fuck this, im not going to be Ct with Term on their team"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:30 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:3505641
please understand our plugin before complaining about everything, dmg plugin only shows ct's damaging t's with is use for admins and everyone else if and who might be free shooting a t. dead chat can't be read by the living now if there are spamming the chat or ghosting/spamming over mic they should be warned then muted or gagged, warden shouldn't be telling ct's there last orders your correct.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:28 pm 
EgN Member
Yeah its only showing CTs who hit a T. So ignore that part. I dont think I can edit that out right?

Why would we need dead to have access to the living. The room for abuse is far greater then room for good.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:04 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:28471832
i rarely see people abusing being able to talk when dead, and instead it just makes playing more entertaining. if there was a problem, an admin could deal with it, but as it stands right now, i like being able to talk to people that are dead on a warday, and it also helps if you got freekilled, so you can say that it happened and let the ct know.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:16 pm 
EgN Member
Wolfy wrote:
and it also helps if you got freekilled, so you can say that it happened and let the ct know.

Thats a good point wolf about being able to say a CT Freekilled. Thats one of the few positives I can think of. And for this to work admin has to be on OR the ct is willing to self kill. And have seen very few willing to slay themself.

Wolfy wrote:
i rarely see people abusing being able to talk when dead, and instead it just makes playing more entertaining. if there was a problem, an admin could deal with it, but as it stands right now, i like being able to talk to people that are dead on a warday,

I have to disagree with you almost completely on this part. I see and find people abusing dead chat all the time. If no admin is on you can do a x10 here.
And talking on a warday isnt really needed or good. It blocks player from hearing footsteps, shots etc. Also more ghosting possible.
Positive would be to try to tell of afk's or delayers.

Still see alot more negative to dead chat then positive.

Even with admins on they have to silence the dead constantly. Thats my ingame experiance most of time. Dead are just talking over wardens, spamming etc etc. Admins can take care of this but it creates more work for them as well one is needed to be on babysitting all this.

Its still stacked against dead chat. Only way it works is with admins on. Some of you players having these perfect ingame experiance should come on around midnight. I could make demos but its pretty clear everyone in charge of EGN is closed minded to any change or improvements at this time, so I wont sorry.

Maybe this thread can be used for future change to dead mic chat?

Any other positives from dead mic chat we can come up with?
1. tell of ct freekills
2. tell of afk or delays on warday

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:45 pm 
Community Leader
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:84775876
Location: l: 179° 56′ 39.4″, b: +0° 2′ 46.2″, d: 7,940 ± 420 parsecs, from Via Lactea galactic center.
jilly wrote:
I could make demos but its pretty clear everyone in charge of EGN is closed minded to any change or improvements at this time, so I wont sorry.

That's a really bad mindset, "people are close-minded and won't easily change so let's not shove evidence of how wrong they are under their nose."
Been there, done that. No regrets, never give up on what's important. Prioritize. Happiness is all that matters.
I really like meowers but can't own any for the time being. Image

Software Developer with a fondness for Python & UE4.
🐱‍👤

ImageImageImage
Interested in Star Citizen? - Use STAR-PZ6J-4C62 and get us both some cool extras :3

New Topic Post Reply  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3
 >> Next