Previous << 
1, 2, 3
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:14 pm 
EgN Member
Doldol wrote:
jilly wrote:
I could make demos but its pretty clear everyone in charge of EGN is closed minded to any change or improvements at this time, so I wont sorry.

That's a really bad mindset, "people are close-minded and won't easily change so let's not shove evidence of how wrong they are under their nose."

Ive already tried:

viewtopic.php?f=153&t=31035

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=31038

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=31044

Even if I made the demos- they (egn) would go to the easy answer. Suggest we all: Call admin. Ban/kick the player or post on forums a demo. Which happens to be a never ending work circle they have created for themselves.
Its not a solution. So nope cant shove it up they nose.

So do you have any positives to list off about keeping dead mics enabled?

And do you think the positives out weight the negatives?

Social 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:04 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:47477194
jilly wrote:
Doldol wrote:
jilly wrote:
I could make demos but its pretty clear everyone in charge of EGN is closed minded to any change or improvements at this time, so I wont sorry.

That's a really bad mindset, "people are close-minded and won't easily change so let's not shove evidence of how wrong they are under their nose."

Ive already tried:

Even if I made the demos- they (egn) would go to the easy answer. Suggest we all: Call admin. Ban/kick the player or post on forums a demo. Which happens to be a never ending work circle they have created for themselves.

Disregarding the disrespect. No matter what we do, we can never stop mfkers, trollers, and such. Which yes does cover what you are saying, those who mic spam are trollers. Let me reiterate, we do not control other peoples actions. And we can not, the way we have the order of operations now allows everyone a fair chance to change their ways and have fun on our servers. How would you suggest we change the system? There is no other way that allows people to have fun and such because remember, we are playing A GAME.

Here's a positive, I'm able to talk to people when I can, instead of waiting for 6 minutes dead and muted. If I abuse that then I am not allowed to talk anymore. Simple isn't it?

Don't disrespect this community again.
<3 peace be with y'all EgN beauties and remember Why So Serious about life? Live while you can. :)
Spoiler: Show

"If someone wants to fist me..." - Mr.GoldGames
"Calm Down Snapchat" - Everyone
Debuted Roast King!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:27 pm 
EgN Member
Attachment:
1.dem
Well speaking of the devil. I actually laughed at the different levels of failure this post now has.

I just get off here posting and the first 10mins I find EGN Jedi showing what I see on a daily basis from your "community".
Hes mic spaming while alive over two different wardens making it hard to even understand two GOOD wardens.
He drops the N word, laughs and talks about being banned for it.
Calls the server shit that he applied for admin on.
Another admin is actually on durning both rounds and does says nothing which makes this even worse.
Other egns are on as well but I dont think tobi has admin? Tittyglitters does.

Im not trying to offend the previous poster trying to defend his community. But this is what I see daily from egn and the general players as well. Making it hard to even see a difference.

I wasnt going to post demos but the timing is so good and bad at the same time.
Here you go.
Im not even gonna post a bann request on him. Ill leave that to the community members to do.
Everything you need is in the two demos... what will the community do?
Its your time to shine.

Now can we get back onto dead mic topic. Thats why you're here right?
Please add something constructive we havent covered if you can. Thank you.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:43 pm 
EgN Member
Y S0 S3R10US wrote:
Let me reiterate, we do not control other peoples actions. And we can not, the way we have the order of operations now allows everyone a fair chance to change their ways and have fun on our servers. How would you suggest we change the system? There is no other way that allows people to have fun and such because remember, we are playing A GAME.

Here's a positive, I'm able to talk to people when I can, instead of waiting for 6 minutes dead and muted. If I abuse that then I am not allowed to talk anymore. Simple isn't it?
[/color]

Sorry ment to reply to this part.

Its true you could be dead 6min and muted. You may still text chat. While not screwing up everyone else game that is alive still. Seems a bit selfish each time everyone alive has to TRY to listen to BOTH dead and the living.

"Let me reiterate, we do not control other peoples actions."
-You could control the dead mic tho and prevent all these negatives from ever happening. Thats something egn can control.

That is a positive as well to talk to people while you are dead when nothing is happening. But the chance to get in the way in the living is still high. But still technically a positive IF done right. So ill add it to list, thank you.

Positives of Dead Mic Talk

1. tell of ct freekills
2. tell of afk or delays on warday
3. talk to people while dead if alive people arent using/needing mics

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:47 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:47477194

If what you are saying is true (idk cause I dunno how to view demos), but if that is happening report them. Because that is not how those in EgN should act/how anyone in the servers should act. But I still stand by my statement beforehand, and please tell us what questions you specifically have. (That haven't already been answered.)
<3 peace be with y'all EgN beauties and remember Why So Serious about life? Live while you can. :)

"If someone wants to fist me..." - Mr.GoldGames
"Calm Down Snapchat" - Everyone
Debuted Roast King!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:09 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21855300
Alive players can't see dead-chat.

What is the problem?
Snapchat: Rozavelt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:21 am 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:95290612
Ok so for dead CHAT I think we agree that it should just stay right? It has no influence on gameplay whatshowever and people can still talk with one another.

Now for dead MIC I think it should stay as well.
IF and I said if.... they abuse it and there is an admin on tell him u are getting bothered by it. If nobody is online try get somebody online.
IF nobody is able to get on u can record it all and report them on the forums. After that go escape->players list->click players name->press mute in game button. And u won't be bothered by him telling anymore. If u don't want to report just mute him directly. Yes this might be a way to not hear orders if he ever gets warden but I believe most strollers won't bother giving orders on CT anyway.
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2018

rebeler since february 2016

we all have different lifes, different problems and different paths to take.....
but what we all wonder is: would they be proud of who i am today?

Princess Strawberry: "HEY, i know everything about Denmark , OK?
Princess Strawberry: "what kind of waffles do they eat in Denmark?"
Princess Strawberry: "OH WAIT SHIT THAT'S BELGIUM"

<16:59:31> "Eclipzx_" was banned for 10 minutes from the server by "GoopSauce" (pussy much?)

*warden*: There's 1 rebeler in garage please get him
*INBREADCATS*: It's only 1 rebeler,what can he do......oh shit it's terminator i'm coming

reboobalar: "term this is your warning because i know you're just gonna rebel"
reboobalar: "fuck this, im not going to be Ct with Term on their team"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:00 am 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:177980773
As many people have already said, dead-chat isn't a problem here, and people who are alive cannot see dead chat so they can't ghost while using chat.

However with the mic thing, admins will mute/kick/ban anyone who is falsy using their mic (while dead) to give other player advantages, for example: ghosting, hinting in a players location (hiding the fact they're ghosting, etc)

For the damage log on the chat when it tells which CT damages a T, I think it's part of our LR plugin which adds that feature, not too sure however it's mainly used for admins to know who they damaged, shot because we cannot see that in console otherwise (only kills will show up in console, not anything in regards to damage). Damage only shows to client-side when they are killed it shows who damaged them, and who killed them.

*DEAD* EgN|s BEST ADMIN TITTYSPRINKLES: i thought today was rulebreaking day my bad :-(
*DEAD* EgN| Terminator #Fishy Guy: yup, ma dick to long :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:58 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:160181792
jilly wrote:
Doldol wrote:
jilly wrote:

Ive already tried:

Tbh you’re the only one really interested in changes. Most of the people here don’t have an issue with what you dislike. We enjoy playing duck hunt and have very limited issues with dead talking. Sorry things don’t seem to go your way but we can’t satisfy everyone that comes on here upset with how the server is ran. And with the comments you are making, you really won’t win over anyone on your side. You need the community behind you supporting the change. We don’t just go by what one person wants.

Oh btw the topic I locked was a ban report, which is not the place to discuss things such as this.

Ignorance is bliss

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:49 am 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:34125752
Hellsgamers used to have a plugin of some kind that separated alive and dead mic chat. What I mean by this is, dead people could hear the living players' mics, but living players could not hear the dead players' mics. It was just like our chat, where alive cannot read dead chat. I'm not sure how it worked, but if it we could find a way to replicate that, I think that would be pretty cool.

Personally, I think that dead should be muted. A lot of admins mute the dead anyways, because unlike living players who are warned not to talk over warden, dead players can just be muted as a group and it be fine anyways. Nobody really cares so much that the dead get muted, because we can still chat. I don't see any real reason not to automate this, or implement a system like I mentioned in the first paragraph (if possible).

But, until either of these things become an accepted solution and are implemented, for now we just rely on admins muting the dead whenever they get too excessive with their mics. If you're on and an admin isn't doing this, try bringing it up with them. If they still aren't doing anything, you can bring it up in a report with evidence of your PM's to them or the person spamming with nothing happening to them. Demos work best, with screenshots coming second. At the very least they will likely be spoken to about it, to see what all was going on. Despite the contrary belief, admins do have a job to do. We cannot force them to do it all the time, or to come onto the server whenever there is trouble on, but we do at least expect admins to take action if they are on the servers.
Beep boop.

New Topic Post Reply  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3
 >> Next