Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:37 pm 
Community Leader
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:84775876
Location: l: 179° 56′ 39.4″, b: +0° 2′ 46.2″, d: 7,940 ± 420 parsecs, from Via Lactea galactic center.
Uchies wrote:
Also, no one has even given me a half-ass "redeemable quality" other than "round progression" that removing the warning rule has...

You should probably re-read the topic then.
Been there, done that. No regrets, never give up on what's important. Prioritize. Happiness is all that matters.
I really like meowers but can't own any for the time being. Image

Software Developer with a fondness for Python & UE4.
🐱‍👤

ImageImageImage
Interested in Star Citizen? - Use STAR-PZ6J-4C62 and get us both some cool extras :3

Social 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:02 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:117015658
Uchies wrote:
Also, no one has even given me a half-ass "redeemable quality" other than "round progression" that removing the warning rule has... If your so passionate about it, express yourself? If you need to bump that K:D up a lil' bit, you can let me know. xd

If you genuinely believe nobody has provided actual arguments for why they think the server is better without the warning rule, you might want to go back and re-read the replies I posted. In them I listed several reasons why I personally believe not having the warning rule provides for better gameplay.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:54 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:22218476
I played on egn before there was a warning rule. It was way more toxic back then. Just saying

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:40 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:441616838
the thing is with when u warden right now with the warning rule it takes away to much time on the gameplay. I understand why it was implemented but the thing is , is cancer af having to warn multiple people. Also this shit gets abused most of the time when i warden. But i still have to warn them for some reason.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:07 am 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:177980773
iu <3 wrote:
the thing is with when u warden right now with the warning rule it takes away to much time on the gameplay. I understand why it was implemented but the thing is , is cancer af having to warn multiple people. Also this shit gets abused most of the time when i warden. But i still have to warn them for some reason.

There’s other CTs for a reason... any CT can warn a T, not just the warden. And that’s also why this 32+ active players warning rule is void was introduced because then it starts to get worse for timing of each round.

*DEAD* EgN|s BEST ADMIN TITTYSPRINKLES: i thought today was rulebreaking day my bad :-(
*DEAD* EgN| Terminator #Fishy Guy: yup, ma dick to long :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:08 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:2416971
koolaid wrote:
I played on egn before there was a warning rule. It was way more toxic back then. Just saying

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:48 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26625467
As an active Warden myself, I generally have no issues dealing with the warning system. I simply kill right away if a T is abusing this warning system, and I can tell when they’re being smartasses about it too. I’ve had my fair shares of “Where’s my warning?” I usually reply with “You’re being a smartss and you know it, cut it out” and that will usually shut them up.

Every warden is different but I feel like the warning system is perfectly fine where it is, but to kill the experienced players who DON’T ask for a repeat and are just abusing the system.

The only thing I’ve seen staff and advisors be on the fence about and not agree fully is the ninja step rule. One says you can KOS for it, since it’s abusing the warning system. The other says you must warn them, Incase they were “Confused” or thought it was ok. I think it’s necessary that in our next admin meeting that we implement a small rule about ninja steps.
Praise the Sun and Call Out of Cells Freeze.
Spoiler: Show

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:54 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21855300
this thread was about reinstating warnings for 32 active players, not removing the warning system...

sunbro on a gravedigging spree
Snapchat: Rozavelt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:25 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:40615045
Uchies wrote:
sunbro on a gravedigging spree

^
Btw just because you warden doesn't mean you're good at it, it's still a heavily biased opinion based off your personal experience.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:50 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:73025945
Personally I think the warning rule in general should stay in but i'm not sure about the 32+ player count. As someone who's first experience on jailbreak (or at least first good experience. Let's not talk about when i didn't understand the game or gmod jailbreak) it was definitely a nice feature. It helps players who are more unfamiliar with the game learn it rather than being killed instantly and not actually making any progression in understanding the game because you have no clue what happened and nobody will give an explanation.

While I can understand why people think the warning system is more of a curse than a blessing I see it the other way round for many reasons as well as what I said above. It also makes EgN stand out as a generally nicer community which as far as reputations go isn't a bad one to have, and also personally to me it made a connection to the EgN community much easier because you had a very similar ethos to the community I came from in TF2 (Harpoon Gaming)

All this being said, the warning rule is by no means perfect. As other people have said people have been able to abuse it really easily and it gives the T's a much easier job. However I don't think removing it is the solution.

I'll talk about the warning rule in general first and then the 32+ rules.

So in general the warning rules is a blessing but it does limit how gameplay works. I think there should maybe be a revision to how it works and I know this might be a bit ambiguous at first but i'd like to bring this idea forward anyway. Basically it boils down to not removing the warning rule but making it so it's not as necessary. So let's say you start to give an order and someone maybe didn't hear you right the first time: fair enough people could ask for a repeat or get a warning for not following the order or whatever. That's fair enough in my eyes. What i've seen some players doing (which I myself have now started doing) is when giving orders they (we) say the order many times over and over either just until it's very obvious what the order is and no repeats are needed or until every T starts moving and it's obvious that everyone has heard it. In cases like this I think it's justifiable to not give any warnings and kill T's who don't follow the orders at that point because it's pretty obvious that they won't need a repeat and at that point they're just delaying. I know it's a bit of an edge case i'm talking about but it's me saying it so w/e.

But from that example you can probably see what I'm getting at: Having the warning rule so that it's not 100% necessary all of the time and basically making it so T's can't abuse the fuck out of it (because i feel that's where the main problem comes from). I know it might make it a little bit more work for the admins because more people complaining about not getting warnings or whatever and needing the new rule explained and there are various pros and cons so feel free to bring them up and discuss them i guess.

Now onto 32+:
Following on from the general rule here, I think people see it as a problem from both sides that A) the server needs to have 32 players to get it back to what they see as the golden rules of jailbreak where it's exactly how jailbreak should be and B) There's the other side where people are using it to be terminators come back to kill Sarah Connor and everyone else who has an S in their name.

I think there should be a closer gap between the regular rules and 32+ rules because from what I can tell it's just a jarring switch that I think throws people off. If there was something like I said before implemented there would already be less disparity between the two modes but I think there are some additional steps that can be taken to help smooth it out.

So suggestion 1: Have it so the rules activate when the player count goes above 32 players, but have it so normal JB rules don't resume until the player count drops below a lower number e.g. 30 or 28. I think this would work because It would basically mean that when the rule gets activated there won't be alot of confusion because the player count keeps going above or below 32 and switching it up. It'll keep the game consistent for a bit longer and people will be able to settle into the rules without getting confused and into shouting matches like I usually see when the rule happens.

Suggestion 2: I was typing for so long I forget what my second suggestion was but whatever. I think this is good enough or now.

Obviously I haven't been playing JB for anywhere near the same amount of time as anyone else on EgN, but I also think I bring a different perspective into the matter. I'm prepared for everyone to tell me why all my ideas are bad but i'm sure there's at least merit to the suggestions somewhere. At least give me props for typing this all out. I was hammering on my keyboard too loudly and for too long and now my ears hurt. GGWP.

New Topic Locked  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 >> Next