Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:02 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:104934050
When we voted on this rule at the admin meeting it was about time. It took too much time to individually warn 25+ T's and it took away from gameplay. We voted it in in order to progress the round and get to the games faster.
"mattlikespie": US Constitution Article 1 Section 1 Letter A: You must own one (1) (Juan) gun

Social 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:45 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21855300
Mr Rogers wrote:
It seems like the rule was more of an attempt to further legislate the "Dont be an asshole" rule which I can understand, but I don't think is appropriate. As said previously, the jb server is an organic domain that tends to change fairly often depending on player count, specific ct's/admins, etc. That being said, being an "asshole" is completely situational and the only way to really counteract this would be active administrators, who can judge whether or not a CT is being toxic.

In essence, a good CT is a player looking to have fun, and is willing to lead the activities that make the game fun while taking care of any rebels. Anyone freely killing T's for moving an inch on an afk freeze order or anything similar is not looking to have fun, they're looking to end the round and for that reason are toxic. So when you suppress every CT rather than just the bad ones, you're making it more difficult to seperate the good from the bad. Not to mention good CT's who get punished for killing a T playing around the rule to be an asshole. You're quite literally chasing off your most valuable players, the people who manage to make the game fun for everyone else. In exchange for what? The people, usually children, who take the game at face value like its call of duty and care nothing more than seeing the T's die to some math trivia.

Kind of a shame to see what it's come to, don't pander to your toxic player base, punish people who don't want to create an enjoyable environment. Everyone on a personal level can identify people who add to gameplay, and people who diminish it.

This... unfortunately, with the rule set, killing for moving your mouse a millimeter is accepted under the rules, and using the "asshole" rule is way too objective to apply in this situation. Again it only awards fragwhores... I understand why a large chunk of EgN members, especially CT-majority players, would like this rule... But in my experience, the general server population (the most important part of our server), does not like it either.

NaCl wrote:
When we voted on this rule at the admin meeting it was about time. It took too much time to individually warn 25+ T's and it took away from gameplay. We voted it in in order to progress the round and get to the games faster.

"AFK Freeze warning for one, two, three, four, five" takes about 2 seconds to say.
Snapchat: Rozavelt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:59 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:117015658
Uchies wrote:
lunk and neezon, yall play CT the majority of time though... js... thats why you find it annoying to hand out warnings, but T's find it annoying to be killed for moving a hair... like thats rebelling or disobeying the warden?

I primarily played T before the warning rule was implemented actually. Nowadays I play both about as much tbh. I feel like not having a warning rule is healthy for the overall gameplay, both for Ts and CTs.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:18 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21855300
Neezon wrote:
Uchies wrote:
lunk and neezon, yall play CT the majority of time though... js... thats why you find it annoying to hand out warnings, but T's find it annoying to be killed for moving a hair... like thats rebelling or disobeying the warden?

I primarily played T before the warning rule was implemented actually. Nowadays I play both about as much tbh. I feel like not having a warning rule is healthy for the overall gameplay, both for Ts and CTs.

only if youre playing for kills & competition lmao... NEEZON lol

people that want to play the server and have fun and not end up all sweaty dont like the rule
Snapchat: Rozavelt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:49 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:79036420
Uchies wrote:
So as someone who plays CT the vast majority of the time, I feel like having this opinion is completely unbiased.

This is a bias statement lol.

Anyway; what exactly are you proposing? Everyone on this thread has voiced their dislike for the rule, but what are you asking to come of it? You titled it "revision" but there's nothing to revise it to. As said, these are admin meeting changes, changes that y'all make and write. If you want it changed it likely won't happen until then. This is the reason we do them 3-4 times a year so y'all can see what works and what doesn't.

Star Citizen Reference Code: STAR-GK4C-BYF5

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:17 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:117015658
Uchies wrote:
Neezon wrote:
Uchies wrote:

only if youre playing for kills & competition lmao... NEEZON lol

people that want to play the server and have fun and not end up all sweaty dont like the rule

Nah man I know it may not seem like it, but I honestly just play on the JB server to chill out. I rarely ever actually try hard, because that's just not that enjoyable in the long-term. I just find it annoying when rounds get arbitrarily lengthened due to people unnecessarily delaying, but to the border of not knowing whether they are intentionally doing so, or whether they legitimately deserve a warning, etc. As said above, I simply feel more choice in shaping the atmosphere of the server should be put in the hands of the players, and largely pubbers, as they make up a majority of the player-base.

I have probably been saved by the warning rule a decent amount of times myself, but it feels as though the warning rule makes some rules nearly useless. Such as AFK freeze for example. With an AFK freeze order, and the warning rule in effect, the Ts can freely look around until someone bothers to warn them for it. Now this isn't a big problem if 1 person does it in a round, but if like 50% of the players for example just don't bother properly listening to and following orders properly anymore, I consider that an issue.

Maybe there is a rule that could be made that would achieve what the intention of the warning rule is. However, as is, it definitely feels more restricting and annoying than helpful, in the grand scheme of things. It seems like a rule with good intentions, but not the desired effecct. As I thus stated, I feel like "Don't be an asshole" adequately covers killing people for accidentally taking a small step forwards on a freeze order, missclicking jump, unintentionally moving your mouse slightly on an AFK freeze order, etc.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:20 pm 
EgN Member
mattlikespie wrote:
Uchies wrote:
So as someone who plays CT the vast majority of the time, I feel like having this opinion is completely unbiased.

This is a bias statement lol.

Anyway; what exactly are you proposing? Everyone on this thread has voiced their dislike for the rule, but what are you asking to come of it? You titled it "revision" but there's nothing to revise it to. As said, these are admin meeting changes, changes that y'all make and write. If you want it changed it likely won't happen until then. This is the reason we do them 3-4 times a year so y'all can see what works and what doesn't.

What's wrong with estabishing a general consensus before a meeting takes place? There are plenty of ways to revise it imo.
It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood
:^)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:40 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:22218476
Any player who has been playing JB for a significant amount of time can use the warning rule to give themselves a really strong advantage. Likewise, any CT who has the same experience can recognize this behavior and predict rebelling. I think it separates veterans from novices in a way that's friendly to newcomers. I like having it.

It's also nice being able to eat a sandwich and not get killed wgen you bump the mouse

Last edited by koolaid on Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:43 am 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:45881423
Uchies wrote:

Like i just said, before the warning and meta gaming rules i was mostly a T instead of CT. Nowdays the wardens never know the rules and i have to spend most my time going over their mistakes, so instead i just take warden to even out the teams. Being a T used to be more of a challenge even when you weren't rebelling. Had to pay attention and it was a skill you improved the more you play. Nowadays i just dont think its the same kind of experience.

Tl;dr

I already told that as a CT its not really a problem, just an inconvenience, but as a T it kills a lot of the fun for me and makes skills i spent a long time getting pretty useless so i dont play it nearly as much anymore.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:59 am 
Co Leader
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:80046838
i still thought everyone wanted to lynch the warning rule.
Tbh you're gonna have to suck it up till the next admin meeting,
2018 Goals for EgN

New Topic Locked  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 >> Next