Login 

New Topic Locked  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:59 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21855300
So as someone who plays CT the vast majority of the time, I feel like having this opinion is completely unbiased.

When the active population reaches 32, the warning rule is no longer in effect. I understand that the rule helps the rounds progress faster with that many people, but in my opinion, it does nothing more than reward kill-hungry CTs. I would like someone to tell me one redeemable quality, gameplay wise, that this rule has... 95% of the people that play majority T-side have some sort of gripe about this rule and complain about it. Not only does it aggravate a large chunk of the population, but I think it hinders the server from going far over the 32 mark.

Sure, the no meta-gaming rule was highly flawed and poorly executed, but it did the opposite of rewarding CTs playing for kills-- it actually made it more difficult. When there's 32+ people on, all I see is it being used shittily. "Take a step out and freeze", and a CT will start killing people who moved a fraction of a centimeter 2 seconds later. If you comment on this thread in support of the rule, but I never see you play anything other than CT, then I probably won't take you seriously. The no-warning rule just makes gameplay not as fun (except for fragwhores).

Snapchat: Rozavelt

Last edited by Uchies on Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Social 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:16 pm 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:43792252
Yeah I have no idea why this is a thing.
-No Pity For A Coward-
http://cdn.funnyisms.com/ecc914b3-1ce2-4aa7-8b36-992cf563121f.jpg
"im srry, i din mean it massta, lil simple is gone be a good boy massta" -Mr. Simplistic
"Your taste in music is A2+ and I like how you moto." -Needy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:18 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:22218476
Reminds me of a couple years ago when wardens had the option to be nice or very strict if they wanted to. So many times I died from moving my mouse on an afk freeze lol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:40 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:117015658
Eh personally I feel the warning rule has created more annoyance and conflict than it resolved. The amount of different opinions and interpretations as to which examples the warning rule does and does not apply to is immense. Whilst playing without the warning rule, as a T, sure I could some times get a little frustrated by dying to a very small error. However, that frustration is, at least imo, far smaller than the frustration of admins and pubbers alike not realising how the warning rule is intended to work, and how it should be enforced.

Before the warning rule, whenever I died, I still always felt like it was my fault for dying. If I didn't quite hear the order or wasn't entirely sure what the order was, it was my responsibility to ask for a repeat to make sure I heard the order correctly. I think the warning rule has to be one of the rules implemented on this server that has caused the greatest amount of disparity in interpretations, and thus inconsistency in administrative enforcement. With rules such as "don't be an asshole" as well as "no extreme wordplay" I feel that is enough to cover the bases of deaths caused due to "unfair" or greatly frustrating circumstances.

I feel like I gave the warning rule a fair chance, and I realise why it was implemented (even if I personally disagree with that said reason), but I'd say the warning rule has failed in its objective. I have experienced an incredible amount of regular players on the server who just can't be bothered playing with the warning rule present.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:54 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:45881423
Neezon wrote:
Before the warning rule, whenever I died, I still always felt like it was my fault for dying. If I didn't quite hear the order or wasn't entirely sure what the order was, it was my responsibility to ask for a repeat to make sure I heard the order correctly. I think the warning rule has to be one of the rules implemented on this server that has caused the greatest amount of disparity in interpretations, and thus inconsistency in administrative enforcement. \

wow neezon said it better than i could of.

i actually dont like playing T as much with this warning rule and feel like the T's these days are coddled way too much. being a T used to full of tension and actually required skill just to stay alive. as a CT i find the rule to be a pain in the ass, as an admin its one of the most problematic rules to sort out, and as a T i think it actually take away a lot of the reason i liked to play T in the first place.

the rules were made so T's woould have a fair shake, the warning rule imo takes away from the jb feeling of always watching your step while waiting for the warden to turn his back. idk i doubt this rule will be taken out till next year at best but just wanted to throw my take on it out there i guess

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:02 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:117015658
Lunk wrote:

i actually dont like playing T as much with this warning rule and feel like the T's these days are coddled way too much. being a T used to full of tension and actually required skill just to stay alive. as a CT i find the rule to be a pain in the ass, as an admin its one of the most problematic rules to sort out, and as a T i think it actually take away a lot of the reason i liked to play T in the first place.

the rules were made so T's woould have a fair shake, the warning rule imo takes away from the jb feeling of always watching your step while waiting for the warden to turn his back. idk i doubt this rule will be taken out till next year at best but just wanted to throw my take on it out there i guess

It seems to me several of the newer rules implemented are a bit too restrictive. Jailbreak is an organic system that changes depending on who's currently playing. The players shape the general atmosphere, as well as attitude towards the game.

For me personally, before the warning rule, I felt more like I could adjust my own playstyle (especially as warden) to the current situation on the map/server. For example, if there were say, 5-10 Ts for example, I would always be super lenient and let Ts get away with mistakes. If however there were like 15 or even more Ts, or even just 10-15 but Ts that were often actively trying to rebel, I would be far more strict and punish the Ts for their mistakes. To me, that creates a far better system where the server essentially gets to decide more about how the game is to be played out, and makes it feel more like roleplaying on a custom server, compared to having to act like a hobby-lawyer now with the rules, and arguing them back and forth, etc.

I have largely stopped bothering with taking warden since the warning rule took place, because it is simply too frustrating of an experience a lot of the time.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:05 pm 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:177980773
I don’t see why you have such a problem if you all voted on it in the admin meeting.

It’s not about that it progresses the round more, it really is all about that it’s going to make it harder for CTs warning VERY much Ts at the same time where were wasting time by doing so, and even typing it with so much people. Let’s say there’s 12 CTs and 20 Ts; it’s gonna be harder for every single CT to warn a specific amount of Ts only depending on how many has not followed orders unintentionally.

*DEAD* EgN|s BEST ADMIN TITTYSPRINKLES: i thought today was rulebreaking day my bad :-(
*DEAD* EgN| Terminator #Fishy Guy: yup, ma dick to long :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:49 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:9180382
I completely agree with Lunk, Neezon, and Uchies here, I just don't want to quote them all.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:31 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21855300
lunk and neezon, yall play CT the majority of time though... js... thats why you find it annoying to hand out warnings, but T's find it annoying to be killed for moving a hair... like thats rebelling or disobeying the warden?
Snapchat: Rozavelt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:46 pm 
EgN Member
It seems like the rule was more of an attempt to further legislate the "Dont be an asshole" rule which I can understand, but I don't think is appropriate. As said previously, the jb server is an organic domain that tends to change fairly often depending on player count, specific ct's/admins, etc. That being said, being an "asshole" is completely situational and the only way to really counteract this would be active administrators, who can judge whether or not a CT is being toxic.

In essence, a good CT is a player looking to have fun, and is willing to lead the activities that make the game fun while taking care of any rebels. Anyone freely killing T's for moving an inch on an afk freeze order or anything similar is not looking to have fun, they're looking to end the round and for that reason are toxic. So when you suppress every CT rather than just the bad ones, you're making it more difficult to seperate the good from the bad. Not to mention good CT's who get punished for killing a T playing around the rule to be an asshole. You're quite literally chasing off your most valuable players, the people who manage to make the game fun for everyone else. In exchange for what? The people, usually children, who take the game at face value like its call of duty and care nothing more than seeing the T's die to some math trivia.

Kind of a shame to see what it's come to, don't pander to your toxic player base, punish people who don't want to create an enjoyable environment. Everyone on a personal level can identify people who add to gameplay, and people who diminish it.
It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood
:^)

New Topic Locked  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 >> Next