Login 

New Topic Post Reply  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:24 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:433420658
Just an update. I do not have access to this server so it looks like we are sol.

Lead Inspector at EgN Inquisitorial Squad

Social 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:25 am 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:145744030
"We've got it working, no one played it, so I didn't keep it updated."

"Working."

Hmm let's see, no map nominations, still has csgo maps in the map pool, shitty warden plugin, shitty ct plugin, infinite taser, no warden hands, guards get slapped for dropping weapons, 64 player slots when jailbreak becomes cancer anywhere above 30. 10/10 working server would hire again. Oh wait did I mention I can't even join the server anymore?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:04 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:150625838
Fsjal wrote:

"Working."

Hmm let's see, no map nominations, still has csgo maps in the map pool, shitty warden plugin, shitty ct plugin, infinite taser, no warden hands, guards get slapped for dropping weapons, 64 player slots when jailbreak becomes cancer anywhere above 30. 10/10 working server would hire again. Oh wait did I mention I can't even join the server anymore?

What did you expect. Our development team is far from functional from just about the start, dj7joke is on from what I believe is an temporary LOA who is incharge of the dev. team while the three to four people in the clan who can efficiently adjust the server accordingly are either absent from EGN or simply don't have access (semiautonoob) while the other three are Staff & are just about too busy to run the server or on LOA as well, but not only that it's just about unrealistic to successfully or efficiently set-up a server with the rate & competence of the dev. team. But don't get me wrong, it has potential, no one's fault just not very practical.
To all the the ladies, peace, and humptiness.

ask me about film, novels, fashion, cinematography, and/or music & you'll have my ear for hours

Doldol 🐾: I'm a Hyper Nova
Doldol 🐾: Kharn can be a
Doldol 🐾: Super Massive Black Hole
EgN-S| Needy: lmao
Doldol 🐾: xD
EgN-S| Needy: dude idk why, but i thought you were going to say super massive black cocc
Doldol 🐾: You can be a
Doldol 🐾: LOL
Doldol 🐾: nono thatd then be micro astroid
Doldol 🐾: or so ive heard
EgN-S| Needy: Like he's just one big degenerate penus
Doldol 🐾: ROFL
Doldol 🐾: IK
Doldol 🐾: xd

her favourite colour was yellow

Smiley: yes, I have a job now so I can be the breadwinner of the household and you can just relax to Rex all day :)

life goals
[  ] become legend before mootinie
[  ] get 10,000 post before mutiny
[  ] marry smiley

Tricky: i don't think any of the staff+ are here to slap their e-penis on you

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:11 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:85176484
Quote:
What did you expect. Our development team is far from functional from just about the start, dj7joke is on from what I believe is an temporary LOA who is incharge of the dev. team while the three to four people in the clan who can efficiently adjust the server accordingly are either absent from EGN or simply don't have access (semiautonoob) while the other three are Staff & are just about too busy to run the server or on LOA as well, but not only that it's just about unrealistic to successfully or efficiently set-up a server with the rate & competence of the dev. team. But don't get me wrong, it has potential, no one's fault just not very practical.

I had no idea dev. team was lacking people, a post might help the course to get more people?

EgN moments:

Spoiler: Show

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:25 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:433420658
Sly wrote:
Quote:

I had no idea dev. team was lacking people, a post might help the course to get more people?

Last I knew they were abandoning the dev team idea. But idk

Lead Inspector at EgN Inquisitorial Squad

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:36 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:195157239
Sly wrote:
Quote:

The Dev. Team was okay a few months ago, but people started to lack, no action that has been taken during that. Until on May 2018, dj7joke taken the role as leader for Dev. Team while Dyno would be oversearing the team also. dj7joke kicked many A LOT people out of the Dev.Team, and now we only have 4-5 people in the team that can be seen here While Aphex and Mr.Majestic is taking the Gmod role while Secret and I take the CS:S role and Kathy taking the Minecraft server. Nobody has taken the role for CS:GO nor have access to the server. There's already a forum-section for the people to apply for Dev.Team but is buried and need to either make a new post (to attract new people) or bump the old post. The Dev. Team application that could be found here
"Time always flows equal and doesn’t undergo any changes, independent of existence or absence of things, independent of their motion or rest."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:58 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:72199061
Needy wrote:
Fsjal wrote:

"Working."

This isn't really what he is referencing with this.

Dyno at the last clan meeting said something along the lines of "A month or two ago we had the server working fine and nobody wanted to populate so we decided to leave it because it would be a waste of time." It's been broken the entire time I've been here and hasn't changed at all since I checked it out in December when I first considered joining EgN.

Obviously, there was never really an obligation for the server to be worked on since the clans didn't technically merge and everyone just came here because they wanted to. The real reason Fsjal is pissed off is that a bunch of people from NsG joined here (and resulted in probably the most successful recruiting month ever) and were told that the Dev team would try to get the CSGO server working for them, this never happened so most of them just moved on.

There is still a pretty big demand for a server like NsG nearly 8 months after and there is actually a Discord of people from the server who still play every day and talk about the old jailbreak. This last weekend actually they had a "reunion" on another community's server and although it was nothing like the old server and managed to get 20+ people on to play with only an hour or two notice.

I personally don't care as much as other people because I'm enjoying source, but there are definitely some people who feel let down. I understand now the the Dev team can't necessarily do anything about it, but this is just to give a little more depth to what Fsjal is saying.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:15 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:150625838
Cooper wrote:
Needy wrote:
Fsjal wrote:

"Working."

This isn't really what he is referencing with this.

Dyno at the last clan meeting said something along the lines of "A month or two ago we had the server working fine and nobody wanted to populate so we decided to leave it because it would be a waste of time." It's been broken the entire time I've been here and hasn't changed at all since I checked it out in December when I first considered joining EgN.

Obviously, there was never really an obligation for the server to be worked on since the clans didn't technically merge and everyone just came here because they wanted to. The real reason Fsjal is pissed off is that a bunch of people from NsG joined here (and resulted in probably the most successful recruiting month ever) and were told that the Dev team would try to get the CSGO server working for them, this never happened so most of them just moved on.

There is still a pretty big demand for a server like NsG nearly 8 months after and there is actually a Discord of people from the server who still play every day and talk about the old jailbreak. This last weekend actually they had a "reunion" on another community's server and although it was nothing like the old server and managed to get 20+ people on to play with only an hour or two notice.

I personally don't care as much as other people because I'm enjoying source, but there are definitely some people who feel let down. I understand now the the Dev team can't necessarily do anything about it, but this is just to give a little more depth to what Fsjal is saying.

He basically said the server isn't functional, and i just said why it isn't. Sure you can include the "dyno said it was functional, when it wasn't" but regardless, it's still a "what did you expect" answer.
To all the the ladies, peace, and humptiness.

ask me about film, novels, fashion, cinematography, and/or music & you'll have my ear for hours

Doldol 🐾: I'm a Hyper Nova
Doldol 🐾: Kharn can be a
Doldol 🐾: Super Massive Black Hole
EgN-S| Needy: lmao
Doldol 🐾: xD
EgN-S| Needy: dude idk why, but i thought you were going to say super massive black cocc
Doldol 🐾: You can be a
Doldol 🐾: LOL
Doldol 🐾: nono thatd then be micro astroid
Doldol 🐾: or so ive heard
EgN-S| Needy: Like he's just one big degenerate penus
Doldol 🐾: ROFL
Doldol 🐾: IK
Doldol 🐾: xd

her favourite colour was yellow

Smiley: yes, I have a job now so I can be the breadwinner of the household and you can just relax to Rex all day :)

life goals
[  ] become legend before mootinie
[  ] get 10,000 post before mutiny
[  ] marry smiley

Tricky: i don't think any of the staff+ are here to slap their e-penis on you

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:07 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:12238457
I wanna say that there comes a point when this server is going to be very important to us because CS:S is dying and we'll have to move JB to CS:GO at some point. If that's the plan of course.

New Topic Post Reply  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4