New Topic Post Reply  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 22
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:58 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:81753935
Hmmm can I say a whole series of movies? Definitely 10/10 for the Harry Potter movies. The fx and all the acting is just brilliant, dont forget J.K rowlings AMAZING books which made them. I mean, any person, old and young who has lived from the 90's to now and can read and watch films, JUST HAS TO SEE THESE, these have literally changed my life.

The dream

D A D ?

Spoiler: Show

Social 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:47 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:9559529
I recently watched a "A Serbian Film"

I knew it was supposed to be pretty disturbing and unbearable, but I didn't expect it to be as bad as it was. As disturbing as it was and unlike other movies of its type; it actually had a pretty good story and great acting. In short I think it was a great movie, but definitely will not be watching it again.

8 out of 10.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:16 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:41521118
The Great Escape.
This movie is based on a camp during WWII *cough cough Fuck Azrail cough cough*, and there was a book written about it.
A solid 8/10 classic.
FUCK

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:34 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:12238457
The Blues Brothers - outrageous set pieces, pure comic genius, a classy soundtrack and a timeless movie from start to finish. Funnier than any comedy I have ever watched. 9/10

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:37 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:71732532

Blade Trinity

T'is a good decent action packed film that doesn't make vampires look like a tonne of gay douche bags. Blade means business when it comes to getting things done, this excludes everything else from the movie from which I most had payed attention too.

The movie has amazingly included some different from obvious tools to use against vampires than JUST the holy water and the silver bullet and has infact put upon UV light based objects and included sword play beside the guns which in all cases of the movies has been the most common weapon to use.

Vampire movies have always been a genre I liked to watch; partnering up with werewolves too.

Although, just to relieve you all, I am NOT a Twilight fan.
Just like some parts of it, mostly of the werewolves and the fact that they used a certain celeb for one of the main roles. (This is NOT of the main vampire roles i'm on about.)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:29 am 
EgN Member
Spring Breakers: Considering it holds a 60%+ on Rotten Tomatoes, this was a terrible, terrible film. This was the movie equivalent of marmite, you either really enjoy it and want more or you want to throw down a flight of stairs, spit on it and then take a huge shit on it. It's avant-garde in the sense that if you've seen Drive, it's shot and edited in that style. Most of the scenes are set to ambient music, it's edited to seem like a music video and for a 90 minute film, you can imagine just how aggravating it is to watch. Eventually, you just want to see a still camera but it doesn't give you that. It's hard to watch, especially if you end up as bored as I was. Storywise, it's actually quite clever but there's very little dialogue and where there is some, they feel the need to keep repeating themselves like they wrote a script that was 45 minutes long and had to pad it out to make a 90 minute film. I give it a 2/10. James Franco puts in a good performance and it's aesthetically pleasing at times, but really, I just found it to be a bad, bad film. But still one that I can't stop talking about, so I guess it's done it's job?

Nowhere Boy: The story of John Lennon, before The Beatles and kinda before The Quarrymen. The story deals with John growing up at about 17/18 and ends off when he's going to Hamburg with what would become The Beatles. For a movie about a musician (one of the most famous ones of all time), there's not a lot of musical insight but it doesn't matter because the story is that great. Aaron Johnson puts in a great performance, as does most of the cast. It's faithful to John Lennon's childhood and handles his tumultuous upbringing and the struggles he faces with his family, both importantly his mother Julia and his Aunt Mimi. And of course, rock and roll! There's some great scenes of John learning to play the Banjo and then forming his band and meeting Paul and George, which were great scenes as you see them play and it's a sign of things to come. Most importantly, you can enjoy it whether you are a Beatles fan or not. I give it an 8/10, there's absolutely nothing to dislike here. I guess you could say it's a story you've heard before, but it's a true story and a superb one at that.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:47 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:47345963
Fast and the furious 6 6/10 possible stars
The reason i only gave it 6 out of 10 is because the movies isn't about modified cars and (truck robs) they turned the movie to a action movie. It's fint tho but i miss the cars.. :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:47 pm 
EgN Member
Chasing Amy: A well-balanced rom com about sexuality and personal issues. One of the very few movies I've seen that deals with the personal ramifications of love. An enjoyable film with several great performances from Ben Affleck, Jason Lee and Joey Lauren Adams. An enjoyable watch for sure, 8/10.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:22 pm 
EgN Member
I've watched quite a few films lately so I'ma bump this.

Gravity - 8/10: I saw this in 3D and the visuals were just superb. The plot was a little thin but Sandra Bullock gave her character some much-needed depth and the tension is unbearable at times. I definitely recommend you get your hands on it when it's available, it's 90 minutes long and it doesn't play any games. In and out before it's overstated its message.

The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug - 8/10: It's an improvement on the first Hobbit movie and Martin Freeman's performance is marvellous, I mean oscar-nomination marvellous. The much-awaited encounter with Smaug was fantastic and it's worth watching it just to get to that point. The only problem I have is that the little background plots failed to engage me but it's a good film and I recommend it.

The Graduate - 9/10: This film is a classic. Even I knew about Mrs Robinson before I saw it, which is testament to its impact. It's an oldie but it's a great film, well-written and superbly acted and fantastically scored by Simon & Garfunkel.

Born On The Fourth Of July - 8/10: Tom Cruise can act! I love war films and this is a fantastic one that avoids many pit-falls and tells a great story. It's just amazing to see Ron Kovic at the start compared to his character at the end, he really transforms it and it's testament to his abilities. It's a little long, but I can tell you that you won't regret watching it.

American Hustle - 9/10: I've waited for this since I heard that it was happening, and that was after I watched David O Russell's last film Silver Linings Playbook which also starred Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Lawrence and Robert De Niro. It was a really great film, it was surprisingly funny and the plot was fantastic - add in some oscar-worthy performances and you have yourself a candidate for film of the year.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:37 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26201796
Just watched the Breakfast Club, seriously, one of my favourite movies ever. Words can't describe how good it is. 10/10. US patriot approved
Still Here, Forever

New Topic Post Reply  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 22
 >> Next