New Topic Post Reply  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 22
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:43 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:41288240
Ip Man 1 and 2 were nice, usually there aren't many movies I recommend, but honestly this movie is worth your time.

10/10

I humbly accept this signature from KingOutLaw, thanks buddy!

Social 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:20 am 
EgN Member
Sam Kinison - Breaking All The Rules 10/10 - One of the best movies i have ever seen, I could not stop laughing.

"A nation reveals itself not only by the men it produces but also by the men it honors, the men it remembers." - John F. Kennedy

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.”― Oscar Wilde

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:22 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:49287412
Hunger games:Catching fire 7/10 hater alerts
Made By Synthic

<21:12:17> "Xanderian": I've got two British people talking about gay whorehouses and man boobs over a microphone.
<21:12:23> "Xanderian": Like wtf

Past signatures

Spoiler: Show

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:28 pm 
EgN Member
Elite
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:112686827
Grandmas boy 7,5/10

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:00 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:12238457
MANDATORY LONG POST ABOUT FILMS I'VE WATCHED LATELY

Pulp Fiction - 9/10: For whatever reason I had never seen this film before, it was one of those that nobody in my house has watched in such a long time that I've just never got round to it. But yeah, it's Pulp Fiction, what can I really say?

Rocky - 8/10: Another classic that I had never seen before, it's up there as one of the greatest sports movies of all time and I can see why. It doesn't quite have the depth that Raging Bull had, but it's a solid film and Sylvester Stallone's performance is marvellous.

The Wrestler - 9/10: Mickey Rourke's career is one huge tragic story and The Wrestler brings it all a bit too close to home, he portrays an old broken down wrestler whose life mirrors that of Rourke almost too closely. It's brutally honest and hard to watch at times, but that's the reason it's so good. Seriously, if I could recommend a film to anybody, this would be one of them.

Dog Day Afternoon - 8/10: You've heard the story before, a guy goes to rob a bank and it turns into a hostage situation - only this is the true story told in film in 1975. I love films like these because there's no reliance on visuals or great direction, just a good story and a good cast and it delivers on both accounts. If you like Al Pacino and you like great stories, watch it.

Serpico - 8/10 - Boy this is a long film. 2 hours long and you can tell, but it's not boring or anything, just a long story told at a slow pace but it's a great story. I've seen a lot of Pacino films from Scarface to Godfather to Insomnia but this is easily one of his best performances. I like cop movies and Frank Serpico is a really interesting person in general, so yeah I recommend this too but only watch it if you're willing to pay a lot of attention, it's easy to get lost.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:11 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:45015271
Mootinie wrote:

Pulp Fiction - 9/10: For whatever reason I had never seen this film before, it was one of those that nobody in my house has watched in such a long time that I've just never got round to it. But yeah, it's Pulp Fiction, what can I really say?

Watched it recently as well. I got the wallet that Samuel L Jackson has at the end a while ago but never got around to seeing it... it's hilarious.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:17 pm 
EgN Member
Zero wrote:
Mootinie wrote:

Watched it recently as well. I got the wallet that Samuel L Jackson has at the end a while ago but never got around to seeing it... it's hilarious.

I need a new wallet.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:27 pm 
EgN Member
Here we go again! #MootiniesFilmCorner

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - 7/10: I've never really understood the big deal over the Hunger Games films. They seem to draw big box office numbers, a lot of praise from critics and a lot of discussion but they've always just been okay films to me. It's sad that after two films I still don't give two shits about Peeta and Katniss. I enjoyed the films because they are entertaining, but they are like Harry Potter to me. They don't deserve the hype they have earned.

Dallas Buyers Club - 9/10: Anchored by two fantastic performances and a great script, Dallas Buyers Club is the story of somebody who is told he will die in 30 days and decides he's gonna save a few lives even if he's breaking the law. This is literally one of the best films I've seen in a while, great performances and McConaughey paints a great picture with Woodruff as his character is developed. Seriously, watch it - I can guarantee that you will love it.

The Wolf Of Wall Street - 9/10: There's not much I can say that hasn't been said already. Leo is great, Jonah Hill is fantastic, Margot Robbie is hot - it's hilarious, it's entertaining, it's a rollercoaster and it never lets up. The story is absolutely ridiculous, it's hard to believe it's a true story because it's just so absurd. But it's brilliant. It should have won more Oscars for sure.

12 Years A Slave - 8/10: Just like Lincoln last year, I didn't understand the hype. This was a good film, but my biggest gripe of all: It does not feel like he was a slave for 12 years. Not at all. Too short and it ends too prematurely. You don't get the payoff you expect. Everything before that is great, even though I thought Chiwetel Ejiofor lacked the fire that this film needed.

Lego Movie - 7/10: Surprisingly thoughtful, I really enjoyed this. It's really fun, it's amusing and the humour will make you laugh just as much as it will a little kid. You can tell it's a kids film, but if you don't take it too seriously you will love it. Like I did! I thought it was great!

The Union: The Business Behind Getting High - 7/10: A documentary about marijuana, this is everything you need to know about the drug. It's 108 minutes, but after 60 it's already made its point and then continues to hammer it into your brain. It's almost like the guy behind this was like "Yeah, let's get people smoking weed" and then made this. Very informative though, and very persuasive.

The Man With A Movie Camera - 7/10: A silent movie from 1929, this is a documentary about life in Russia. It's absolutely marvellous the way it's all strung together. It will challenge you though, it's hard to watch, but ultimately rewarding.

Prisoners - 8/10: It's not exactly Mystic River, but Prisoners is an enjoyable thriller. I'm not a massive fan of movies like these because my Mum loves stuff like this so I've had to sit through no end of "WHO DUN IT" shows and movies before, but this was good. Jackman and Gyllenhaal are absolutely superb, oscar-nomination worthy performances from both.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:25 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:191443213
The gamer
11/10
By far the best film I've ever watched can't describe how awesome it is, it's like the future of gaming but instead you're controlling a real life person amazingly made should give it a watch!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:47 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:81753935
Mootinie what I wonder is if you have ever rated a movie 10/10
I would see it straight up

The dream

D A D ?

New Topic Post Reply  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 22
 >> Next