"Well before your time sport."
"Addoroth will rise again!"
Image Image

Social 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:26 pm 
EgN Member
Elite
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:100255614
I'm going to just voice my opinion I didn't leave mainly because EgN I felt was dying at the time and not much was being done from our viewpoints but it was mainly because I have been playing with EgN for 5 years now. I want to go somewhere a little different for a while i may stay there. But as I said I'm just seeking something different. Its hard to stay with one place for a long time. You need to change it up from time to time. Now by saying this I am not by any means trying to recuit anyone but I am saying this to just voice my opinion. GP doesn't want to have any issues with EgN. We allow people to play on our servers with no issues. No discrimination of which clan your in. We all play to just have fun. Like yesterday Shadowlord and I were playing on EgN servers for an hour or two and we gone some people on to play with us. It was fun. No one is against anyone in this point. we want to co-exist with EgN. Now if you see anything that you feel like offends or leans more towards one side I'm not because rn I'm speaking as a Neutral person.
(ADMIN)Yiggles Moto: da man is super gay

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:33 pm 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:177980773
manually activate wrote:
one "minor" note

i almost left entirely in the midst of the application process, because instead of trying to find the guy to manually activate accounts[if he could even do that], i was instead told to use every e-mail at my disposal to create an account.
burned through them all.
it's incredibly irritating when the fault of a broken registration was being pushed to me, and the repeated statements of 'You're doing it wrong' had already put a bad taste in my mouth.
on top of that, i had to speak with at least two different administrators about it who all said they couldn't be bothered to go to the big bad forum man, in those words or less.
not a good first impression.
then once i did get in, said admins told me all we had done wouldn't count towards reaching recruit and i couldn't gain access to an admin for about... four days to a week and a half-ish.

what has increasingly made me consider leaving is the general attitude of an office and jailbreak server saving this community.
it reminds me of a statement on gmod servers i heard a while back that i think applies here:
'if you want to build a community, don't base it off of ttt. because then you'll only be a ttt server, and then your community will die. why? because ttt doesn't make a community.'

the paid for admin is also hilarious and absolutely explains the strange rise and fall in quality i've seen in staff behavior. i know we're all human and not infallible, but the pretentiousness is incredibly entertaining. if you want a quality community, make sure you have a quality staff team to keep it like that.

there's also that minor bit of the recent circle-jerk that through seemingly egregious amounts of cocksucking have gotten 'high' positions on jailbreak.
these same people who cried they could save the server by populating it and being there are the same people currently pushing them away.
i think nickolas can back me up in that, considering he tried to go back to the server to help out and have fun
aaaand was instead met with being spawnkilled every single round and the recently appointed events team/remnants of said circle-jerk just giggling to each other and talking.

this entire community has potential to get better and rise above what it had before, but you're tripping at the half-way checkpoint in a marathon.
badly.

sort shit out, be ready to look elsewhere, and don't rely on a fading game to keep your community alive.

just because it worked in the past doesn't mean it will work now.

minor point done i'm going back to sleep.
if i wake up and see dumbass posts about 'you're a recruit and new here how could you say that' i'm going to strangle myself

We can manually activate accounts, dont need to go to the big man to do so. Our registration wasnt broken at all, all it wasn't doing was sending you a verification email to confirm your account as the mail server we used wasnt compatible or we couldn't use with this new host which we now have actually fixed. Any Staff+ could have approved your account, my question is why or how not.

As for this whole waiting for admin, the current process is basically you donate 5$ and sit an interview with the Staff+ which all we do is cover the rules and admin guidelines. Which doesnt take much of your time, at all.

Donating for admin helps the community pay for the servers and website which is wy6 we put a monthly donation required. 5$ is not much to donate, at all though I know some aren't able to donate at all, may be because having no money or too young enough to bring in a wage or even have a PayPal.

You say you came close to leaving, you're not wearing the Recruit tags either? So you wouldn't pass the Recruit stage either if you're not wearing the tags.

*DEAD* EgN|s BEST ADMIN TITTYSPRINKLES: i thought today was rulebreaking day my bad :-(
*DEAD* EgN| Terminator #Fishy Guy: yup, ma dick to long :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:41 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_1:0:16728863
Central wrote:
manually activate wrote:
one "minor" note

i almost left entirely in the midst of the application process, because instead of trying to find the guy to manually activate accounts[if he could even do that], i was instead told to use every e-mail at my disposal to create an account.
burned through them all.
it's incredibly irritating when the fault of a broken registration was being pushed to me, and the repeated statements of 'You're doing it wrong' had already put a bad taste in my mouth.
on top of that, i had to speak with at least two different administrators about it who all said they couldn't be bothered to go to the big bad forum man, in those words or less.
then once i did get in, said admins told me all we had done wouldn't count towards reaching recruit and i couldn't gain access to an admin for about... four days to a week and a half-ish.

what has increasingly made me consider leaving is the general attitude of an office and jailbreak server saving this community.
it reminds me of a statement on gmod servers i heard a while back that i think applies here:
'if you want to build a community, don't base it off of ttt. because then you'll only be a ttt server, and then your community will die. why? because ttt doesn't make a community.'

the paid for admin is also hilarious and absolutely explains the strange rise and fall in quality i've seen in staff behavior. i know we're all human and not infallible, but the pretentiousness is incredibly entertaining. if you want a quality community, make sure you have a quality staff team to keep it like that.

there's also that minor bit of the recent circle-jerk that through seemingly egregious amounts of cocksucking have gotten 'high' positions on jailbreak.
these same people who cried they could save the server by populating it and being there are the same people currently pushing them away.
i think nickolas can back me up in that, considering he tried to go back to the server to help out and have fun
aaaand was instead met with being spawnkilled every single round and the recently appointed events team/remnants of said circle-jerk just giggling to each other and talking.

this entire community has potential to get better and rise above what it had before, but you're tripping at the half-way checkpoint in a marathon.
badly.

sort shit out, be ready to look elsewhere, and don't rely on a fading game to keep your community alive.

just because it worked in the past doesn't mean it will work now.

minor point done i'm going back to sleep.
if i wake up and see dumbass posts about 'you're a recruit and new here how could you say that' i'm going to strangle myself

We can manually activate accounts, dont need to go to the big man to do so. Our registration wasnt broken at all, all it wasn't doing was sending you a verification email to confirm your account as the mail server we used wasnt compatible or we couldn't use with this new host which we now have actually fixed. Any Staff+ could have approved your account, my question is why or how not.

As for this whole waiting for admin, the current process is basically you donate 5$ and sit an interview with the Staff+ which all we do is cover the rules and admin guidelines. Which doesnt take much of your time, at all.

Donating for admin helps the community pay for the servers and website which is wy6 we put a monthly donation required. 5$ is not much to donate, at all though I know some aren't able to donate at all, may be because having no money or too young enough to bring in a wage or even have a PayPal.

You say you came close to leaving, you're not wearing the Recruit tags either? So you wouldn't pass the Recruit stage either if you're not wearing the tags.

Lets be honest, it's PAYING for admin, it's not a donation. Not sure why it's called that. If you don't "donate", the admin gets removed.

donation noun
do·​na·​tion | \ dō-ˈnā-shən \
Definition of donation
: the act or an instance of donating: such as
a : the making of a gift especially to a charity or public institution
b : a free contribution : GIFT

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:50 pm 
EgN Member
Elite
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19547824
Dyno wrote:
Central wrote:

Lets be honest, it's PAYING for admin, it's not a donation. Not sure why it's called that. If you don't "donate", the admin gets removed.

donation noun
Definition of donation

I swear we have had this conversation before. Something about it being a donation so that in the event of the admin losing his perms, he can't charge back his money. More or less just a means to insure the community isn't screwed by a vindictive admin.
"Well before your time sport."
"Addoroth will rise again!"
Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:05 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_1:0:16728863
Nickolas Magnus wrote:
Dyno wrote:
Central wrote:

donation noun
Definition of donation

I swear we have had this conversation before. Something about it being a donation so that in the event of the admin losing his perms, he can't charge back his money. More or less just a means to insure the community isn't screwed by a vindictive admin.

That works if the company/organisation is a registered charity, you can label it a donation, however it can be charged back easier, what needs to be done is a simple TOS stipulated, you are paying for this service (admin) and your service can be revoked for these reasons (abuse etc) and then no-one can charge back, as you specify that on the "payment" page, and you're fine as long as you have reasons to remove someone, with evidence (paypal is pretty good with disputes). Donations need to have a specified charity/organisation they go to, otherwise anyone can dispute that this didn't go to what I specified it for, etc.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:25 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:72199061
Da man wrote:
I'm going to just voice my opinion I didn't leave mainly because EgN I felt was dying at the time and not much was being done from our viewpoints but it was mainly because I have been playing with EgN for 5 years now. I want to go somewhere a little different for a while i may stay there. But as I said I'm just seeking something different. Its hard to stay with one place for a long time. You need to change it up from time to time. Now by saying this I am not by any means trying to recuit anyone but I am saying this to just voice my opinion. GP doesn't want to have any issues with EgN. We allow people to play on our servers with no issues. No discrimination of which clan your in. We all play to just have fun. Like yesterday Shadowlord and I were playing on EgN servers for an hour or two and we gone some people on to play with us. It was fun. No one is against anyone in this point. we want to co-exist with EgN. Now if you see anything that you feel like offends or leans more towards one side I'm not because rn I'm speaking as a Neutral person.

It’s hard to say this when various members of GP have advertised the server to EgN members and regulars telling them how much better their server is. I’m sorry but it’s pretty obvious to most people Indi saw EgN was weak and wanted to capitalize, I’ll give him the fact that making a community isn’t easy but what he did was exploitative of EgN, no matter how you put it.

I understand this is what Indi is telling people (myself and others have had conversations with him and he spit out the same thing) but he is beating around the bush and I have seen messages firsthand of him (or his “Staff”) telling people how much better his server is than EgN’s and I know people that have been approached to play on their server instead. Just because he writes it off as “telling his friends about his server” doesn’t change the fact he advertised his server/community to EgN members (which in the past people have been banned for ex. EMD and DsG).

It’s fine if he wants to move forward, but you can’t say he doesn’t want problems when he effectively went out of his way to take advantage of our community and bring us down to further his agenda.

Last edited by Cooper on Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:41 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:85176484
manually activate wrote:
one "minor" note

Everything under "minor note" could have been voiced or expressed earlier so you wouldnt have to go and feel angry or holding it back. You are a recruit, ur not a slave. Every opinion matters

Spoiler: Show

EgN moments:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:50 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:111564882
Central wrote:

so this entire time either of my accounts could have been activated.

this entire time i was actually correct in my thinking, it was just not done because...?

this is a pretty uh... not good third, fifth, whatever impression.

Central wrote:

that wasn't the issue and currently isn't a problem to me.

i can still leave a community even if i'm a recruit i'm pretty sure.
my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:53 pm 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:177980773
manually activate wrote:
Central wrote:

so this entire time either of my accounts could have been activated.

this entire time i was actually correct in my thinking, it was just not done because...?

this is a pretty uh... not good third, fifth, whatever impression.

I'm not saying that you're wrong, all I'm saying is that I'm confused but the whole issue was resolved and is now not an issue.
manually activate wrote:
Central wrote:

that wasn't the issue and currently isn't a problem to me.

i can still leave a community even if i'm a recruit i'm pretty sure.

Yes you're right but at the moment, you're not going to pass the Recruit stage without tags, if you want to progress to Member, I suggest you put on your tags.

*DEAD* EgN|s BEST ADMIN TITTYSPRINKLES: i thought today was rulebreaking day my bad :-(
*DEAD* EgN| Terminator #Fishy Guy: yup, ma dick to long :)

New Topic Locked  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19
 >> Next