1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:58 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:70493788
North wrote:
wearing tags in general is stupid, you literally become a walking billboard and you complain about others advertising their servers? Wearing tags isn't necessary.

Then you are not allowed to wear any branded clothing such as Nike or Adidas because you’ll basically be a hypocrite.

Sugoni wrote:
Sly wrote:
Sugoni wrote:
it was already going downhill before that shit tbh thats why i stopped coming on as much.

This is What goldgames means. Voice Why Its bad insted of just saying Its shit.

Was mostly just a comment on the fact that he thinks it's only a recent thing. y'all've known about the problems for a while not much i can say that you guys don't already know :p

Nah, I don’t think it’s a recent thing that people become uninterested, im specifically talking about the people who are getting aggressive currently.
Clear eyes, full hearts, cant lose. ~ Coach Eric Taylor
Creator of the Sinister Challenge.
Accidentally called the Global Chat "Network Chat" and now it's a thing.

[x]Join the Forums
[x]Make an Application
[x]Become Recruit
[x]Become Member
[x]Become Elite
[x]Become Veteran
[x]Become Staff
[x]Become Supporter
[x]Retire from EgN
[x]Get Kicked Out of the Clan Twice By Phillip
[x]Get Perm Banned from the Forums
[x]Become Staff Again

Central

Sibblet

Sunny<3

Social 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:01 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:160181792
North wrote:
wearing tags in general is stupid, you literally become a walking billboard and you complain about others advertising their servers? Wearing tags isn't necessary.

I mean that's why we have member?

Ignorance is bliss

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:04 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:8618712
None of this would have happened if Papa Johns wasn't banned. Everything was good until you guys banned him

I spam the forums to raise my post count, like most people.

Yeet

Here I will list my favorite quotes as I hear them.

"See you on the Forums." - Everyone - Everywhere
"If I had a daughter, I'd let you go out with her." - Mr.Kharn - TeamSpeak
"You've changed Minion." - more than one person
"The player 'Rias' is shit" - TimeTable - Forums
"CT machine broke" - 2hobos1box - JB
Anything xnyc says
"Minion sucks at gaming" - florarodgers - Chaturbate
"She was cute until she pulled out that 9 incher" - Mr.GoldGames - Teamspeak
"Idiot!" - SemiAutoNoob - TeamSpeak
"If he (me) gets 30 years, I get 30 years. - Daddy - PoliceRP

Artwork made for me
Spoiler: Show

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:08 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:70493788
Minion wrote:
None of this would have happened if Papa Johns wasn't banned. Everything was good until you guys banned him

Honeslty, you’re right.
Clear eyes, full hearts, cant lose. ~ Coach Eric Taylor
Creator of the Sinister Challenge.
Accidentally called the Global Chat "Network Chat" and now it's a thing.

[x]Join the Forums
[x]Make an Application
[x]Become Recruit
[x]Become Member
[x]Become Elite
[x]Become Veteran
[x]Become Staff
[x]Become Supporter
[x]Retire from EgN
[x]Get Kicked Out of the Clan Twice By Phillip
[x]Get Perm Banned from the Forums
[x]Become Staff Again

Central

Sibblet

Sunny<3

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:25 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:230517
Link wrote:
North wrote:

I mean that's why we have member?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:58 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:150625838
Dyno wrote:
Mr.GoldGames wrote:
I’m not really sure where this community has gone wrong where people need to join a different community that isn’t even as well constructed as this one (not a roast, honest truth). I mean really, why are people having so many problems with EgN?

That was kinda a roast, the person who started Gamepunch was no longer part of EgN and hadn't been part of EgN for a very long time.

Seems goldgames wasn't particularly pertaining his comment towards indiglow for starters, it was more directed to those (previous EGN members) who had left the clan in the time GP was made to become a clan member there as a way of saying "EGN is not doing X" without actually mentioning what X is. But besides that, the community isn't well constructed, just facts. Believe even indi would more than likely agree that a recently made clan just starting out on source isn't going to be immediately well established or even of the slightest, strictly speaking, it remains with 14 members. Most to which were either previous members and / or regulars on our server WHICH DOESN'T REALLY MEAN ANYTHING, im not against anyone joining GP to (re)build it.

Dyno wrote:
Mr.GoldGames wrote:
What is the community really doing wrong? Besides the whole “nothing is getting done” but because that’s honeslty getting a little old. Sure the community needs to get some bearings together due to all this new change, but why are people so aggressive? And don’t claim that people arent as mad as I make them out to be because some are so aggravated with the community, that they’ll make their own community.

From what I can see, people are not following through with promises. When the servers changed host from myself over to OVH, there was a big meeting (even the one I was involved in, and many after that) where promises of new things, and new servers, now there is assumptions, or truths that servers are ready, yet they want to rebuild the JB population before releasing, which is counter-productive in my honest opinion.

Can partly agree with this. Seems when you're in a position of Member to Elder, you're not very heard unless it's addressed / requested by EVERYONE, and I mean really, everyone.

Though, for this particular occurrence, it's more practical to revive what was wiped out after what had happened (i.e the jailbreak server) before we throw out unguaranteed servers. Most of what I had said in chat before, won't repeat it as you already know.

tl;dr from chat, keep guaranteed jb as a base for EGN

Dyno wrote:
Mr.GoldGames wrote:
This community has worked for several years now and the same problems with its community members and higher ups always seem to resurface. Members aren’t effectively communicating issues to the Staff+ and the higher ups don’t do anything. Both are true and false depending on the time. But I want to legitimately know the confusion and the frustration with the community. Even people who have switched to GP, whatever that stands for.

The community is based off of Jailbreak on counterstrike source, where the MAX population that server will get is 32 players. Lets be honest, yes this community has thrived in the past off of CSS but it's a dead game, not wanting to progress into new games and staying stagnant seems to be a big issue.

U rite, but again, grabbing jailbreak as a base for EGN while we maneuver into other game-modes can do more good than not

Dyno wrote:
Mr.GoldGames wrote:
Sure there can be more progress between populating the server, but that’s not the Staff+’s job to be honest. You guys as community members should be doing that. As a member, you are told in the beginning to always be active on team speak, the forums and the servers. No one there? Invite your friends on Steam. Help us bring back the usuals that play on the server, cause if you do thag for the community, the Staff+ can focus on making changes to the community because I know the big thing that’s being talked about is how they are going to get JB populated again.

It seems people have moved on from jailbreak, people go back to Jailbreak once in a while to give it a go, but it's not a constant, and doesn't seem to hold peoples interest, with the 200+ members, servers should be getting populated, but they aren't.

This is where I can partly see but also, indifferent. Most of those who join yes, become either inactive after losing interest in jailbreak and never remain in the game-mode after they've been in the clan for a year or less.

But part of me feels like they're to remain inactive regardless of whether there is a new server or not. Just seems they get bored with what's around.

Then again, can't say much considering we've never had any other successful server besides jailbreak, and there are those who will join for most of the gmod servers / events that were held (i.e TTT / darkrp)

Dyno wrote:
Remove pay for admin, and have it application based.

Believe this is how it is set IIRC to bring members into the server? But not sure if you're speaking long-term or not, as I'm fairly certain we'll go back to the "pay for admin" once we are in need of donations.

Though, we did cut down the costs a ton. Maybe we'll be able to leave it as a no pay? Will certainly push members into the server more.

Dyno wrote:
An idea which I think will work is remove the ranking structure, and apply the ranking structure to admins only. have stipulations where you can only admin on one server, I have this idea and will elaborate, yet i'm not sure people would want to hear it. If you change how the entire ranking structure works, and make eveyone who isn't part of the "leadership" (can elborate again on the ranking structure) you'll find you have more members and more people willing to play, as a member of the community can just be someone registered on the forums, and you only need to tag up if you're admin

Could you elaborate more? Bit curious what you have in mind. Because I too have something in mind regarding the ranking structure.
To all the the ladies, peace, and humptiness.

ask me about film, novels, fashion, cinematography, and/or music & you'll have my ear for hours

Doldol 🐾: I'm a Hyper Nova
Doldol 🐾: Kharn can be a
Doldol 🐾: Super Massive Black Hole
EgN-S| Needy: lmao
Doldol 🐾: xD
EgN-S| Needy: dude idk why, but i thought you were going to say super massive black cocc
Doldol 🐾: You can be a
Doldol 🐾: LOL
Doldol 🐾: nono thatd then be micro astroid
Doldol 🐾: or so ive heard
EgN-S| Needy: Like he's just one big degenerate penus
Doldol 🐾: ROFL
Doldol 🐾: IK
Doldol 🐾: xd

her favourite colour was yellow

Smiley: yes, I have a job now so I can be the breadwinner of the household and you can just relax to Rex all day :)

life goals
[  ] become legend before mootinie
[  ] get 10,000 post before mutiny
[  ] marry smiley

Tricky: i don't think any of the staff+ are here to slap their e-penis on you

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:07 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:150625838
Da man wrote:
I'm going to just voice my opinion I didn't leave mainly because EgN I felt was dying at the time and not much was being done from our viewpoints but it was mainly because I have been playing with EgN for 5 years now. I want to go somewhere a little different for a while i may stay there.

To be fair, EGN wasn't dying until recent circumstances that led behind the HUGE meeting that was held last month (and personally im still on the edge to say it's just the hoLiDaY sEasON /s)

Also, curious what viewpoints weren't being done as you say "our" but seems you have little to no posts, most being ban reports. This isn't to say that I agree, or disagree, but like to know what isn't being done.

Da man wrote:
But as I said I'm just seeking something different

This is what I can see, like I said on the 1st page most members actively seek for something different, and EGN doesn't do well with different tbf

and because im late to the conversation YOU ARE PAYING FOR ADMIN, if there is no way of acquiring admin besides "donating" $5 it's not a donation, it's a payment. ly @ dyno

Cooper wrote:
it’s pretty obvious to most people Indi saw EgN was weak and wanted to capitalize

also this is in need of a quote, no hrm

EDIT: i also want to address the recruit tag / member no tag eventually too but im rather too lazy atm but to keep it short it should be changed; contradiction & counterintuitive
To all the the ladies, peace, and humptiness.

ask me about film, novels, fashion, cinematography, and/or music & you'll have my ear for hours

Doldol 🐾: I'm a Hyper Nova
Doldol 🐾: Kharn can be a
Doldol 🐾: Super Massive Black Hole
EgN-S| Needy: lmao
Doldol 🐾: xD
EgN-S| Needy: dude idk why, but i thought you were going to say super massive black cocc
Doldol 🐾: You can be a
Doldol 🐾: LOL
Doldol 🐾: nono thatd then be micro astroid
Doldol 🐾: or so ive heard
EgN-S| Needy: Like he's just one big degenerate penus
Doldol 🐾: ROFL
Doldol 🐾: IK
Doldol 🐾: xd

her favourite colour was yellow

Smiley: yes, I have a job now so I can be the breadwinner of the household and you can just relax to Rex all day :)

life goals
[  ] become legend before mootinie
[  ] get 10,000 post before mutiny
[  ] marry smiley

Tricky: i don't think any of the staff+ are here to slap their e-penis on you

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:48 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:15637141
I agree jailbreak is a dead game. But EgNs members/following and regulars didn’t stop playing. They play everyday on Gamepunch. They didn’t magically stop playing a game they play everyday. The base players moved to that server, now you have EgN members playing on their server simply because their server is now populated and yours isn’t and.. let’s face it they want to play jailbreak. Most of us are all friends and are all comfortable with each other. They are sticking together because it’s what they know. No one wants to play a server and not know anyone, takes away from the jb experience. I agree with what dyno said. You need SOMETHING populated otherwise your just the elevated forum community. Get new game servers online and fast. Promote these new games and servers, offer rewards. You gotta get moving on it, no one wants to be in a gaming clan with no games.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:52 pm 
EgN Member
Elite
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19547824
Nick Cage wrote:
I agree jailbreak is a dead game. But EgNs members/following and regulars didn’t stop playing. They play everyday on Gamepunch. They didn’t magically stop playing a game they play everyday. The base players moved to that server, now you have EgN members playing on their server simply because there server is now populated and yours isn’t and.. let’s face it they want to play jailbreak. Most of us are all friends and are all comfortable with each other. They are sticking together because it’s what they know. No one wants to play a server and not know anyone, takes away from the jb experience. I agree with what day I said. You need SOMETHING populated otherwise your just the elevated forum community. Get new game servers online and fast. Promote these new games and servers, offer rewards. You gotta get moving on it, no one wants to be in a gaming clan with no games.

Soon ™

-40k Team
"Well before your time sport."
"Addoroth will rise again!"
Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:53 am 
EgN Member
remember guys.. no russian

New Topic Locked  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19
 >> Next