1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 19
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:00 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:150625838
Sly wrote:
The staff+ have been working on multiple servers such as Office, Surf and Minecraft and TTT wasnt a priority at the time. We wanted to fix JB. and get the rest up and running before starting some new projects. In future this should be coming, just be patient for new servers as we are working as hard as we can with the sparetime we got to do it.

To be fair, TTT probably should have been a priority over any source server along with Minecraft. For many reasons, first being the fact that we SHOULD eventually be moving away from source preferably towards Garry's Mod and / or CS:GO. This doesn't mean removing / moving away from our jailbreak server, but we shouldn't continue to prioritize / put up source servers only pushing members more to play so, and secondly, well based off previous (source) servers that have been put up there has NEVER been a steady population neither any growth from any of the servers put up which we should probably take into account by now that continuing to throw servers into a dying game, said lightly, shouldn't be prioritized.

Most, and more, successful servers (regarding population / growth) IIRC has generally been a garry's mod server which may / should be our focus, you would think.

Sly wrote:
We dont give private channels. People pay for it. But if you wanna hang out with certain people that u like more than other fine. There will always be people having the same in common and others not so much. Thats why the groups are made. Or if you are from a different community and transferring over. Its normal to still talk with the same.

Well, again, to be fair we should probably avoid any members creating cliques (referring to Bri's / Dino's clique that went on for awhile, even Zachariah's group that created a huge mess / Cooper & Rads (NSG) so-called group on TS3).

Really only pushes other members away if they aren't already in that "clique / group" (BriBee's channel was more "welcoming" if you wanna say than any other, but still should be avoided)

That being said, staying in a locked channel (Cooper / Rad) away from any EGN member edit: noticing now that it's unlocked but from when it was first it was locked for awhile but it's definitely not much of an issue / priority atm
To all the the ladies, peace, and humptiness.

ask me about film, novels, fashion, cinematography, and/or music & you'll have my ear for hours

Doldol 🐾: I'm a Hyper Nova
Doldol 🐾: Kharn can be a
Doldol 🐾: Super Massive Black Hole
EgN-S| Needy: lmao
Doldol 🐾: xD
EgN-S| Needy: dude idk why, but i thought you were going to say super massive black cocc
Doldol 🐾: You can be a
Doldol 🐾: LOL
Doldol 🐾: nono thatd then be micro astroid
Doldol 🐾: or so ive heard
EgN-S| Needy: Like he's just one big degenerate penus
Doldol 🐾: ROFL
Doldol 🐾: IK
Doldol 🐾: xd

her favourite colour was yellow

Smiley: yes, I have a job now so I can be the breadwinner of the household and you can just relax to Rex all day :)

life goals
[  ] become legend before mootinie
[  ] get 10,000 post before mutiny
[  ] marry smiley

Tricky: i don't think any of the staff+ are here to slap their e-penis on you

Social 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:20 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:111564882
Needy wrote:
Most, and more, successful servers (regarding population / growth) IIRC has generally been a garry's mod server which may / should be our focus, you would think.

i think there's some good news about that.
my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:23 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:72199061
Needy wrote:
Sly wrote:
We dont give private channels. People pay for it. But if you wanna hang out with certain people that u like more than other fine. There will always be people having the same in common and others not so much. Thats why the groups are made. Or if you are from a different community and transferring over. Its normal to still talk with the same.

Well, again, to be fair we should probably move away from any members creating cliques (referring to Bri's / Dino's clique that went on for awhile, even Zachariah's group / Cooper & Rads (NSG) so-called group on TS3).

Really only pushes other members away if they aren't in this so-called "clique / group" (BriBee's channel was more "welcoming" if you wanna say than any other, but still should be avoided)

That being said, staying in a locked channel (Cooper / Rad) away from any EGN member edit: noticing it's now unlocked but since it was given it had a big LoCk oN iT

I just saw your edit as I clicked quote but in our defense (like you noticed) we haven't been locking our channel as of recent unless someone is coming in and being annoying or if someone in our own "group" is trolling us. If I'm being honest until recent (the Minecraft server and even JB a little peeked some of the other's interests) Rad and myself were the only people who actually cared about the community in our "group" and the rest were just there because it's where we decided to hang out (which I think is pretty obvious). We could have just sat in a Discord completely out of the TS if we really wanted to so I think we deserve a little more credit than what we are being given, especially if you take into consideration we used AJ's channel for most of the year we've been here (which I can't recall once being locked). We've been in the TS every single day since we first joined so I think it's fair to say we kept it from becoming a complete ghost town at times and made good use of it, even if we kept to ourselves.

Also, I don't really think "welcoming" is necessarily a good term for Bribee's clique, if you didn't fit in with them or if she didn't like you they would isolate you. She even tried "getting rid of us" at one point just because she didn't like our group, even though we had left them alone for a while. You really had to fit the mold to get in with them and even then there still was a lot of inside drama and such within that group that probably pushed a lot of people away, from the outside it really just looked like high school. Not to say Bribee or NaCl didn't contribute anything to the community.

Again, wanted to make it clear I'm not trying to be toxic or anything along those lines just giving my point of view.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:30 pm 
EgN Member
Elite
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19547824
manually activate wrote:
Needy wrote:

i think there's some good news about that.

http://elevatedgaming.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=32809

Cant forget more hints
"Well before your time sport."
"Addoroth will rise again!"
Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:42 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Cooper wrote:
Needy wrote:
Sly wrote:

Well, again, to be fair we should probably move away from any members creating cliques (referring to Bri's / Dino's clique that went on for awhile, even Zachariah's group / Cooper & Rads (NSG) so-called group on TS3).

Really only pushes other members away if they aren't in this so-called "clique / group" (BriBee's channel was more "welcoming" if you wanna say than any other, but still should be avoided)

That being said, staying in a locked channel (Cooper / Rad) away from any EGN member edit: noticing it's now unlocked but since it was given it had a big LoCk oN iT

I just saw your edit as I clicked quote but in our defense (like you noticed) we haven't been locking our channel as of recent unless someone is coming in and being annoying or if someone in our own "group" is trolling us. If I'm being honest until recent (the Minecraft server and even JB a little peeked some of the other's interests) Rad and myself were the only people who actually cared about the community in our "group" and the rest were just there because it's where we decided to hang out (which I think is pretty obvious). We could have just sat in a Discord completely out of the TS if we really wanted to so I think we deserve a little more credit than what we are being given, especially if you take into consideration we used AJ's channel for most of the year we've been here (which I can't recall once being locked). We've been in the TS every single day since we first joined so I think it's fair to say we kept it from becoming a complete ghost town at times and made good use of it, even if we kept to ourselves.

Also, I don't really think "welcoming" is necessarily a good term for Bribee's clique, if you didn't fit in with them or if she didn't like you they would isolate you. She even tried "getting rid of us" at one point just because she didn't like our group, even though we had left them alone for a while. You really had to fit the mold to get in with them and even then there still was a lot of inside drama and such within that group that probably pushed a lot of people away, from the outside it really just looked like high school. Not to say Bribee or NaCl didn't contribute anything to the community.

Again, wanted to make it clear I'm not trying to be toxic or anything along those lines just giving my point of view.

For sure, not looking for much validation. Won't disagree neither agree, just an easy relation to any likely cliques that are / have been made, those were the most recent that I could remember (to, i suppose, put you guys on the spot). And generally, any closed off group are held / made in Teamspeak where they continue to stay closed off by either locking the channel and / or sitting in a private channel (or similar) which I am sure you're more than aware. And I won't say BriBee's particular group was any better which is more why I said welcoming in quotations because I really don't know how I would say, word(?) it, but I can say that I've seen BriBee's group grow more with the community than others, but again I do remember them not being so neighborly towards you, Rad, and others they weren't so fond of, especially relating to the Kaytekatt situation which was a big mess in say, locking channels (not to bring up past drama).

But again, not looking for much validation, more just from what I can remember that can / may be considered a clique of some sort to set as an example. Should have added more context.

Would suppose from the very beginning, most (in EGN) didn't interact with you guys solely because you were from NSG. So, that could definitely be a factor too. EGN can definitely be just some big high school over again.

ask me about film, novels, fashion, cinematography, and/or music & you'll have my ear for hours

EgN-S| Needy: dude idk why, but i thought you were going to say super massive black cocc

Smiley: yes, I have a job now so I can be the breadwinner of the household and you can just relax to Rex all day :)

life goals
[  ] marry smiley

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:37 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:85176484
Needy wrote:
Sly wrote:
The staff+ have been working on multiple servers such as Office, Surf and Minecraft and TTT wasnt a priority at the time. We wanted to fix JB. and get the rest up and running before starting some new projects. In future this should be coming, just be patient for new servers as we are working as hard as we can with the sparetime we got to do it.

To be fair, TTT probably should have been a priority over any source server along with Minecraft. For many reasons, first being the fact that we SHOULD eventually be moving away from source preferably towards Garry's Mod and / or CS:GO. This doesn't mean removing / moving away from our jailbreak server, but we shouldn't continue to prioritize / put up source servers only pushing members more to play so, and secondly, well based off previous (source) servers that have been put up there has NEVER been a steady population neither any growth from any of the servers put up which we should probably take into account by now that continuing to throw servers into a dying game, said lightly, shouldn't be prioritized.

So we there has been a lot of talk on the forums and in teamspeak where i have been hanging out saying a lot of good things about office and how they want it. The only real thing i've seen from TTT was dyno in this post. There has been some jokes about it but not actual pressure from "your" side. Although this hasn't been my decision. Everything will be taken into consideration at the next meeting. This is just a temporary fix :P

EgN moments:

Spoiler: Show

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:31 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:10184273
Needy wrote:
Naturally, yes, most members (and more often Staff+) will use "don't worry, people leave all the time, we will be fine" as what, I would presume, is a way to just justify themselves or the clan (and their reasoning for leaving which generally revolves around an issue with the clan), practically a way to remove their responsibility as a Staff, or similar to what I've read in the chat box saying, "they left after a misunderstanding, it's practically their fault that they left in the first place / for believing X" or "they're not dedicated / we don't need someone like that in the community". Like i hate it. It actually bothers me to the core when someone will say that, all it does is excuse Staff+ job in actually even attempting to keeping the community together. But as it happens & as everyone already knows there will be a large portion of the active community who are generally a part of the same clique, that leave because of a same / similar reason regarding a member of the clan, or a problem with the community. They will all leave and yes, we do fine, we still run as a clan. But there's no reason to let a large portion of the clan leave without any care to try to get them to stay in the community.

Like take the last particular group that had left, not one Staff had taken the time to either convince them to stay after the large 'meeting' that was held in discord neither even a "hey maybe you'd want to stay as a member?"

That is,
Bribee
Starscream
Shya
NaCl
Kathythepurplellama

Whoever else you can remember, but it was practically the large portion of those who hung in Bribee's channel who were the most active portion of the clan for the last few months.

They're practically the one's who kept / brought members into teamspeak which no surprise it's dead now.

GoopSauce wrote:
Still love that most of the responses to people's problems are "don't worry, people leave all the time, we will be fine" What a shit response to actual issues and it's why you all are in this situation anyways.

Now moving towards the "remove retired / toxicity", again, it's under debate to say otherwise because yes most of those who become retired now a.) have no attachments to the clan, and b.) will often take a more aggressive approach to any conversation and / or thread because of the fact that they have no attachments to the clan. Can easily compare someone's response from when they were in the clan, to after they have left. And I can pull examples if I wanted to, but I don't think many will disagree on the point that most retired do become "toxic", to say, towards the community as they have little to no care what will happen to them. Rather than addressing the full issue they avoid it while still addressing a small issue that correlates just to indicate that they’re displeased yet have little care to offer a practical solution but a "HEY THIS IS HERE BY THE WAY". Pretty subjective since people have different levels of tolerance towards a response from someone but it's easy to say their response changes once they've been in the clan to when they leave.

Second being, like Link mentioned earlier, retired is practically identical to member, except as a member you have more access / permissions to the forums and can as well be an admin / a part of a team. There is little differences when someone becomes a member to when someone becomes retired except if they don't want any attachment to EGN which is why they shouldn't if that's the case (chat access, additional forum access).

Either become a member, or registered user.

WTF Needy where is my honorable mention :)
In secret Dyno is actually my biggest fan. He wont leave me alone

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:25 pm 
EgN Member
Groups will always be a thing, that in of itself is not the reason for the decline of EgN. If anything, you can argue that groups/cliques/etc are what keeps consistently in both the servers, ts3, monthly meetings etc since they allow for people to have a place to socialize.

If groups were what are killing EgN then it would have been dead a while ago. Instead, I'd focus my attention to crucial variables and not independent ones that have not been proven to cause harm/good in the community in the long run. Just identify the obvious leak first and get it done. Don't think zebras when you should be thinking horses.

I also don't think it's wise to demonize groups that flock from other communities for merely congregating, that type of sentiment could be one of the reasons a group has decided to leave in the first place and try to build something that they feel is much more fair and enjoyable to them.

I will say this though: "People leave all the time" is one of the most careless things I have ever heard. No company CEO would say that, they would investigate why someone feels the need to leave and reassess whether their policies need to be changed or not. Be fair.

Hope you guys pull through.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:35 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Reboobalar wrote:
WTF Needy where is my honorable mention :)

OH, why of cOURSE, how could i ever forget the most important PERSON, so sORRY!

life goals
[  ] marry smiley

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:11 am 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:95290612
yoohoo wrote:
Groups will always be a thing, that in of itself is not the reason for the decline of EgN. If anything, you can argue that groups/cliques/etc are what keeps consistently in both the servers, ts3, monthly meetings etc since they allow for people to have a place to socialize.

If groups were what are killing EgN then it would have been dead a while ago. Instead, I'd focus my attention to crucial variables and not independent ones that have not been proven to cause harm/good in the community in the long run. Just identify the obvious leak first and get it done. Don't think zebras when you should be thinking horses.

I also don't think it's wise to demonize groups that flock from other communities for merely congregating, that type of sentiment could be one of the reasons a group has decided to leave in the first place and try to build something that they feel is much more fair and enjoyable to them.

I will say this though: "People leave all the time" is one of the most careless things I have ever heard. No company CEO would say that, they would investigate why someone feels the need to leave and reassess whether their policies need to be changed or not. Be fair.

Hope you guys pull through.

Groups are def a problem tho. It's 1 big bunch of people hating the other people or not liking them.
If u would get in a disagreement with 1 person u would more then likely have problems with others of the group aswell later on. It's a breeding ground for conflicts, which make it less fun to be around.
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2018

rebeler since february 2016

we all have different lifes, different problems and different paths to take.....
but what we all wonder is: would they be proud of who i am today?

Princess Strawberry: "HEY, i know everything about Denmark , OK?
Princess Strawberry: "what kind of waffles do they eat in Denmark?"
Princess Strawberry: "OH WAIT SHIT THAT'S BELGIUM"

<16:59:31> "Eclipzx_" was banned for 10 minutes from the server by "GoopSauce" (pussy much?)

*warden*: There's 1 rebeler in garage please get him
*INBREADCATS*: It's only 1 rebeler,what can he do......oh shit it's terminator i'm coming

reboobalar: "term this is your warning because i know you're just gonna rebel"
reboobalar: "fuck this, im not going to be Ct with Term on their team"

New Topic Locked  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 19
 >> Next