Previous << 
1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 19
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:25 am 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:177980773
From now anyone who goes off topic in this thread will receive a forum ban. I personally don't want to have to lock this thread, but will if it will just cause more bother. Keep it on topic, take all arguments to a Steam PM and keep all attacks out and to yourself.

*DEAD* EgN|s BEST ADMIN TITTYSPRINKLES: i thought today was rulebreaking day my bad :-(
*DEAD* EgN| Terminator #Fishy Guy: yup, ma dick to long :)

Social 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:57 am 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:15637141
Just to clarify I have been on GP quite a bit the last few days. If anyone says anything about EgN indi is the first one to stop it. From what I've seen he has been nothing but respectful to EgN as of late. At the end of the day its a video game. Its ok to focus points on retaining player base and solving issues but you all look ridiculous talking shit about people on the internet because they play video games with someone else now. We aren't 12 lol.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:57 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:85176484
So What do you want the magic staff+ to implement? Ideas, suggestions? And give us an idea of How to do it :)

EgN moments:

Spoiler: Show

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:00 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:70493788
Tricky wrote:
Mr.GoldGames wrote:
Needy wrote:

Chat box, and the ability to view LOA’s

That’s practically all the more you’re able to see as a retired IIRC which is particularly why the rank isn’t needed

Followed by the fact that it’s really just a supporter rank hidden around member

The retired rank was a thing that was created in my time as a Staff member. At first we were looking for a substitute to the Supporter rank, which in my eyes was a good rank because it showed who gave their time and help to the community (it was just given way too much power, and people whined about not getting it). So we came up with the rank retired in which described people who left the community and didn't want to be apart of the clan.

Though the retired rank was abused and its meaning when it was created was distorted to give the clan an upper hand (this being one of the many reasons I stepped down from Staff). PUBG was very popular during this time, and the rules were if your clan had large numbers, you could get a server to play on for your community. So some higher ups (name calling at this point is dumb, they know who they are) decided to change everyone to retired to make our clan member numbers go up so we look better (and by everyone, i mean even people still here have the retired rank. Go on, check your groups in your profile. You have the rank, and so did all the registered users at the time who were never in the clan to begin with. Thus making people who never quit the clan/never joined, retired). So now you have a clan members number thats fake and also treating retired like shit while still considering them members. Thus making a mockery of the rank, thus making it the worst rank in the community today. The supporter idea would sound like a dream rank compared to the Retired rank.

Retired should be removed, because its intentions are toxic to this community, and it serves as a reminder of when the community would do anything to progress. If you are going to honor the people who left with a rank, make it so that they dont contribute to the success of the community, but as an honor to their service. Dont benefit from someone leaving the community, thats not the right way to think about it. It might be a minor and unnoticeable problem, but its the idea behind all of it and how it was created that bothers the hell of out me. You cant fake numbers, and it makes the community look bad when we say we almost have 700 members and no active servers.

Having 200 members and low activity on the servers will make people say "Oh wow they are unpopulated", but having close to 700 members and low activity on the servers makes people say "Yep, they died".

So yeah, retired rank needs to go or be revamped. Make the damn rank like we talked about, and not off of a hunger to grow our numbers.

We don’t care about the number boost for retirees. From my knowledge it was set back to only members before the site migration

Then the numbers would be around 200-250 if that. We definitely don’t have 670ish members that have the member rank. Also a quick glance at the fucking members page would answer that statement lmao

Sly wrote:
So What do you want the magic staff+ to implement? Ideas, suggestions? And give us an idea of How to do it :)

You should already know how to fix it or at least know where to start. This thread is filled with issues we could talk about at the monthly meeting. Asking the community to solve the problems for you guys won’t restore our faith in the Staff team. You guys were picked because you were mature enough, you know how to handle tough situations, and you can find a resolution to the issues in the community. I think that question should have been directed to Tricky or Matt

But once i get to work i’ll say what i want changed in a nice list.
Clear eyes, full hearts, cant lose. ~ Coach Eric Taylor
Creator of the Sinister Challenge.
Accidentally called the Global Chat "Network Chat" and now it's a thing.

[x]Join the Forums
[x]Make an Application
[x]Become Recruit
[x]Become Member
[x]Become Elite
[x]Become Veteran
[x]Become Staff
[x]Become Supporter
[x]Retire from EgN
[x]Get Kicked Out of the Clan Twice By Phillip
[x]Get Perm Banned from the Forums
[x]Become Staff Again

Central

Sibblet

Sunny<3

Last edited by Mr.GoldGames on Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:14 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19242639
Mr.GoldGames wrote:
You should already know how to fix it or at least know where to start. This thread is filled with issues we could talk about at the monthly meeting. Asking the community to solve the problems for you guys won’t restore our faith in the Staff team. You guys were picked because you were mature enough, you know how to handle tough situations, and you can find a resolution to the issues in the community. I think that question should have been directed to Tricky or Matt

But once i get to work i’ll say what i want changed in a nice list.

I was curious so I went through this thread to put the issues in this thread that other people have brought up in a easily viewable list

1. Higher Up's aren't doing anything

2. Member's of EgN bad mouthing other clan and its members/ex-members thinking they are helping

3. EgN isn't progressing into new games (not CS:S)

4. TTT isn't back up

5."Donating" for admin is actually paying for admin

6.GP is advertising on our servers/directly to EgN members/other people

7.GP is badmouthing EgN

8. Central is being unprofessional because of his forum avatar.

9. Wearing tags is "stupid"

10. Papa Johns is still banned

11. Elder and below aren't being heard

12. Toxic cliques are forming within the clan

13. EgN is divided and toxic

14. A good number of people believe the Retired rank should be removed

15. Staff didn't make much effort in talking to those who wanted to leave and just let them go quick

16. Private channels create cliques

17. Retired are voicing their opinions

18. Retired is counted as member and had unnecessary power

There, those are the issues. I may have missed some because I gave this thread a very ROUGH scan but I believe this covers most of it. However I'm going to talk directly to Gold

You have been Staff. You know what its like, how difficult it is, how much people expect of you. You weren't magic. You made mistakes, you said things you probably shouldn't have, and you made decisions that weren't the best. In other words, you were human. So why the hell do you expect Staff plus to magically have the right solution to all of these problems?

I shall cover my opinions of these...

Now.

Quote:
1. Higher Up's aren't doing anything

It may seem like this a lot of the time because they don't always let us into their plans, ideas, discussions, etc., but at least it seems like they are putting in an effort. Progress has been made, and they're taking on a daunting, difficult job that I think most people in the clan wouldn't take on.

Quote:
2. Member's of EgN bad mouthing other clan and its members/ex-members thinking they are helping

Bad mouthing people isn't a contribution, its drama and it stirs shit up.

Quote:
3. EgN isn't progressing into new games (not CS:S)

I tend to agree heavily that we should be progressing into different games outside of CS:S. I think the potential of CS:S is dying and if we try to hold our ground there it will do more damage to the clan than good. That isn't to say that we shouldn't get JB back up, but I believe there should be a definite shift of focus.

Quote:
4. TTT isn't back up

Get it back up scrubs. TTT was the most popular non-CS:S server that we had and the only excuse I've heard from higher ups for not working on it is because they haven't "heard anyone in the clan bring it up" even though we did.

Quote:
5."Donating" for admin is actually paying for admin

I mean, it is. I never truly knew why it was called donating but the big reason I heard was so that we could keep the money if someone decided to do fucky shit with their admin. Why not create a terms and services document that has to be approved that says something along the lines of "If EgN finds that you are abusing the powers of admin, your administration powers may be revoked without refund" to cover all bases?

Quote:
6.GP is advertising on our servers/directly to EgN members/other people

As far as I am concerned, admins nip advertising on the servers in the bud. On that note, why is there an expectation that we need to moderate people's private communications? Unless it could be considered harassment, there isn't a lot that EgN can do fairly that can prevent this.

Quote:
7.GP is badmouthing EgN

So fucking what?

Quote:
8. Central is being unprofessional because of his forum avatar.

So fucking what?

Quote:
9. Wearing tags is "stupid"

Then be a member.

Quote:
10. Papa Johns is still banned

I know this one is a joke, but this shit needs to be dropped outright. He doesn't want to play on our servers anymore. This stopped being funny a month after he was banned.

Quote:
11. Elder and below aren't being heard

See #1. However, the staff plus has been actively involved in this thread. Responding to people, asking questions of them, trying to address specific issues. What the hell else do you want?

Quote:
12. Toxic cliques are forming within the clan

I don't know about toxic. If you want to think of toxic people need to think back to Philip's cult of personality. A staff+ had friends that would do whatever the fuck they want, insult people and start shit, RDM and disrupt the servers whenever the fuck they wanted, and if anyone ever spoke up against them or do anything against them, Philip would punish the people his friends were harassing.

I would say the closest to toxic I have seen is the clique that hangs out in "Stay Hydrated" in TS3, and I only say that because they are aggressively isolationist. Other than that they aren't really toxic at all.

I think we should remember history when it comes to Philip's cult of personality, but we aren't anywhere near that with any of the cliques that are here now.

Quote:
13. EgN is divided and toxic

i.e. this thread. Is being divided a bad thing? Other than people shitposting, the only real toxicity that I have seen from this thread is Sarge (suprise suprise) and Lyriati. However, when it comes to being divided, a healthy discourse comes from a multitude of different opinions, so I kinda see it as a good thing.

Quote:
14. A good number of people believe the Retired rank should be removed

Why? Because you don't like their opinions? Just because they aren't officially ranked in the clan doesn't mean they don't have connections to it. A lot of them have a lot of experience in this clan and have a lot of friends in it. The only thing that removing the Retired rank will do is tell them that they don't matter and push them away further, weakening the clan.

Quote:
15. Staff didn't make much effort in talking to those who wanted to leave and just let them go quick

I agree with this. A lot of the people I saw leave were my friends and I didn't see much effort in the staff+ as they usually put into keeping them here. I may not be aware of it but it definitely seemed like from the outside they just said "Adios" and did nothing else.

Quote:
16. Private channels create cliques

I mean, they do, but private channels are a privilege that people pay for, thus bringing revenue into EgN.

Quote:
17. Retired are voicing their opinions

Because they're allowed to?

Quote:
18. Retired is counted as member and had unnecessary power

If they are counted as members then don't count them as members, simple as that, but one thing I don't get is how they have unnecessary power. Like they can view the Network Chat and LOA's. oooOOOOOoooo so much POWER. How the fuck is that unnecessary power? Is there something else I'm not aware of?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:20 am 
EgN Member
Legend
So here's what I think...

Ranks
- Retired rank needs to be reworked. Change them back to people who left the clan, and only count those who have the member rank as actual members of the community.

- Get rid of Elder, its a pointless rank that just acts as a filler for whatever reason. I get that its supposed to be the new Veteran, but when I bring up this next point, my frustrations will make sense.

- The member rank is like two ranks in one and doesn't make the order of the ranks seem clearer. In order to join the clan, you must put recruit tags on and wear them until you get member so you can just take them off if you dont wanna wear them? I like the idea of allowing people to be apart of the community without having to wear the tags, but if they want to be a member of the clan, they gotta wear the tags. Its apart of the structure of the clan, and always has been. So, how to fix this. Make another rank thats before Recruit called "forum user" or something, and put member back to the way it was. If people are going to apply to be in the clan, they have to be in the clan. If they dont, they can have another rank that gives them limited forum access.

- Legend rank is a good rank and I dont want it to be touched at all. It's basically the supporter rank, but they are still apart of the community. It honors those who have given a lot of time to the clan and who have helped tremendously. Keep it, dont touch it, dont rename it, dont change the meaning.

- Judgement day is pretty stupid. Go back to the times where the Recruit has to be here for a whole month before they can join. The reason this is good is because it gives everyone time to spend with the Recruit and we can hold more events in that time frame vs just a week. Let the community vote on those recruits because that is community engagement. Maybe change the voting system a bit for people to explain why voted like they did. Again, community engagement.

- Change the registered users who never joined the clan, back to registered users. Dont make them retired, its annoying as all hell. If you make a rank for people who left the community then keep that meaning to the rank. Yeah it'll be tedious to go back through and change everyone out again, but you wanted change, so heres the change.

Servers
- Put up a god damn CS:GO Surf server. Just see how it goes, I used to play on a couple all the time about a year ago and it was fun. The community was as cancerous and fun as most VR Chat groups. If it doesn't do well, then kick it to the curb (give it time to be noticed obvio).

- Minecraft is cool, just survival needs to be well managed. There's a lot you can do with that server to make it benefit the growth of the community. Community events such as Hunger Games, Killing the Ender Dragon, Hide and Seek, adventure maps etc. There is a way now where you can MC Edit a bunch of puzzle maps into a server and make it so that they can do those maps from an IP we give them. (which actually now that im typing this, it sounds like a great idea and something that hasnt been done before.)

- Jailbreak will get repopulated on her own, its fine. Yes community events, specifically ones that are planned a few days ahead of time to let everyone prepare, will benefit the growth of the server for sure.

- Get TTT up, I need to kill Roaxes. I need my fix.

- Admin is a good idea, keep it a $5 a month. Helps with funding, and also its not a donation. Dyno is right, you are purchasing admin.

- Stop charging $30, then $10 a month for a Teamspeak channel you guys pay like $30 every 6 months or less to use. People can just get free channels in Discord and set everything up for free (which is also tearing the community apart when they go out of their way to make a different server for their friends to talk in). Make it like 5$ for a perm channel, and if they leave the community and dont come around anymore, then delete it.

- Put a damn store in JB to make it interesting. Allow people to purchase points through the website and use that on the server for models, trails, hats, pets, etc. I spent well over $200 on points in previous communities, and I dont doubt if people are there they will too.

- Create more ways to make money, its a business not a hobby. Do something on the servers to generate more income. Ads on the servers could give you more money because they will be paying you to run those ads. Sure its annoying, but you literally watch them for a minute. Increase your attention span.

General Stuff
- Get the community more engaged in things. Community engagement is the single most important pillar of any community, business, club, school, suburb, whatever. If you aren't getting your members pumped up to do something in the community, they never will and the community will hurt.

- Get the staff more active, I get life is a thing, but the activity needs to be better from everyone in the higher ranks.

Dyno wrote:
what needs to be done is a simple TOS stipulated, you are paying for this service (admin) and your service can be revoked for these reasons (abuse etc) and then no-one can charge back, as you specify that on the "payment" page, and you're fine as long as you have reasons to remove someone, with evidence (paypal is pretty good with disputes). Donations need to have a specified charity/organisation they go to, otherwise anyone can dispute that this didn't go to what I specified it for, etc.

- This, do this. Its not a donation, its a purchase for a service. You dont donate your money to your internet company, you purchase the service they provide you. Make a disclaimer that all transactions are final and can not be charged back (unless on certain illegal terms such as johnny took mommys card and used up the last bit of money they needed for food).

- Central's avatar on the forums is not setting a bad example or is bad in anyway..why the fuck was that a debate?

- Dont separate friendship groups, thats stupid. Whoever tells you that there are way too many friendship groups is obviously not cool to be apart of one. As for hate groups, yeah extinguish that fire. A bunch of people gathering around talking shit and being disrespectful is not a friendship group at all. Just a bunch of circle-jerk douchebags that we need to send the Bully Hunters after. Also, make events for friendship groups to come together to make, hold onto your seat, a community.

- Free Papa Johns, even though he wants nothing to do with this place.

- Put new and interesting servers up from bigger games, and maybe add a currency thing to that.

- Yeah stop making the statement "People leave all the time". Sure thats true, but you dont want to just publicly admit that you dont car when people leave. Im not saying write a romance novel on it, but give a little shit that some of your community is leaving.

- Reform the events team with dedicated people with good ideas. Dont just let everyone and their mother be in it.

Alright fuck i bet theres more but JDawg just posted a shit ton too so im gunna end my list here. Good spots to work on..

[x]Join the Forums
[x]Make an Application
[x]Become Recruit
[x]Become Member
[x]Become Elite
[x]Become Veteran
[x]Become Staff
[x]Become Supporter
[x]Retire from EgN
[x]Become Staff Again

Central

Sibblet

Sunny<3

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:07 am 
EgN Member
Elite
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:114337355
Can we lock this thread, this us where the toxicity started tbh for the past...wat...2 weeks now!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:10 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:85176484
Mr.GoldGames wrote:
So here's what I think...

Ranks
- Retired rank needs to be reworked. Change them back to people who left the clan, and only count those who have the member rank as actual members of the community.

- Get rid of Elder, its a pointless rank that just acts as a filler for whatever reason. I get that its supposed to be the new Veteran, but when I bring up this next point, my frustrations will make sense.

- The member rank is like two ranks in one and doesn't make the order of the ranks seem clearer. In order to join the clan, you must put recruit tags on and wear them until you get member so you can just take them off if you dont wanna wear them? I like the idea of allowing people to be apart of the community without having to wear the tags, but if they want to be a member of the clan, they gotta wear the tags. Its apart of the structure of the clan, and always has been. So, how to fix this. Make another rank thats before Recruit called "forum user" or something, and put member back to the way it was. If people are going to apply to be in the clan, they have to be in the clan. If they dont, they can have another rank that gives them limited forum access.

- Legend rank is a good rank and I dont want it to be touched at all. It's basically the supporter rank, but they are still apart of the community. It honors those who have given a lot of time to the clan and who have helped tremendously. Keep it, dont touch it, dont rename it, dont change the meaning.

- Judgement day is pretty stupid. Go back to the times where the Recruit has to be here for a whole month before they can join. The reason this is good is because it gives everyone time to spend with the Recruit and we can hold more events in that time frame vs just a week. Let the community vote on those recruits because that is community engagement. Maybe change the voting system a bit for people to explain why voted like they did. Again, community engagement.

- Change the registered users who never joined the clan, back to registered users. Dont make them retired, its annoying as all hell. If you make a rank for people who left the community then keep that meaning to the rank. Yeah it'll be tedious to go back through and change everyone out again, but you wanted change, so heres the change.

Servers
- Put up a god damn CS:GO Surf server. Just see how it goes, I used to play on a couple all the time about a year ago and it was fun. The community was as cancerous and fun as most VR Chat groups. If it doesn't do well, then kick it to the curb (give it time to be noticed obvio).

- Minecraft is cool, just survival needs to be well managed. There's a lot you can do with that server to make it benefit the growth of the community. Community events such as Hunger Games, Killing the Ender Dragon, Hide and Seek, adventure maps etc. There is a way now where you can MC Edit a bunch of puzzle maps into a server and make it so that they can do those maps from an IP we give them. (which actually now that im typing this, it sounds like a great idea and something that hasnt been done before.)

- Jailbreak will get repopulated on her own, its fine. Yes community events, specifically ones that are planned a few days ahead of time to let everyone prepare, will benefit the growth of the server for sure.

- Get TTT up, I need to kill Roaxes. I need my fix.

- Admin is a good idea, keep it a $5 a month. Helps with funding, and also its not a donation. Dyno is right, you are purchasing admin.

- Stop charging $30, then $10 a month for a Teamspeak channel you guys pay like $30 every 6 months or less to use. People can just get free channels in Discord and set everything up for free (which is also tearing the community apart when they go out of their way to make a different server for their friends to talk in). Make it like 5$ for a perm channel, and if they leave the community and dont come around anymore, then delete it.

- Put a damn store in JB to make it interesting. Allow people to purchase points through the website and use that on the server for models, trails, hats, pets, etc. I spent well over $200 on points in previous communities, and I dont doubt if people are there they will too.

- Create more ways to make money, its a business not a hobby. Do something on the servers to generate more income. Ads on the servers could give you more money because they will be paying you to run those ads. Sure its annoying, but you literally watch them for a minute. Increase your attention span.

General Stuff
- Get the community more engaged in things. Community engagement is the single most important pillar of any community, business, club, school, suburb, whatever. If you aren't getting your members pumped up to do something in the community, they never will and the community will hurt.

- Get the staff more active, I get life is a thing, but the activity needs to be better from everyone in the higher ranks.

Dyno wrote:
what needs to be done is a simple TOS stipulated, you are paying for this service (admin) and your service can be revoked for these reasons (abuse etc) and then no-one can charge back, as you specify that on the "payment" page, and you're fine as long as you have reasons to remove someone, with evidence (paypal is pretty good with disputes). Donations need to have a specified charity/organisation they go to, otherwise anyone can dispute that this didn't go to what I specified it for, etc.

- This, do this. Its not a donation, its a purchase for a service. You dont donate your money to your internet company, you purchase the service they provide you. Make a disclaimer that all transactions are final and can not be charged back (unless on certain illegal terms such as johnny took mommys card and used up the last bit of money they needed for food).

- Central's avatar on the forums is not setting a bad example or is bad in anyway..why the fuck was that a debate?

- Dont separate friendship groups, thats stupid. Whoever tells you that there are way too many friendship groups is obviously not cool to be apart of one. As for hate groups, yeah extinguish that fire. A bunch of people gathering around talking shit and being disrespectful is not a friendship group at all. Just a bunch of circle-jerk douchebags that we need to send the Bully Hunters after. Also, make events for friendship groups to come together to make, hold onto your seat, a community.

- Free Papa Johns, even though he wants nothing to do with this place.

- Put new and interesting servers up from bigger games, and maybe add a currency thing to that.

- Yeah stop making the statement "People leave all the time". Sure thats true, but you dont want to just publicly admit that you dont car when people leave. Im not saying write a romance novel on it, but give a little shit that some of your community is leaving.

- Reform the events team with dedicated people with good ideas. Dont just let everyone and their mother be in it.

Alright fuck i bet theres more but JDawg just posted a shit ton too so im gunna end my list here. Good spots to work on..

Is there some of these you Guys prioritize more than others. Its a lot to work on and i believe some is more important than others. Also it Can take alot of work to develop servers. Bare that in mind :)

EgN moments:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:17 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Blitzkrieg wrote:
Can we lock this thread, this us where the toxicity started tbh for the past...wat...2 weeks now!

How about no, because this thread is now going in a positive direction. If you dont like it, you dont have to click on the thread. Kthnx

Sly wrote:
Is there some of these you Guys prioritize more than others. Its a lot to work on and i believe some is more important than others. Also it Can take alot of work to develop servers. Bare that in mind :)

Well honestly you cant start anywhere until we have a meeting with Matt. Hes the man who can make these decisions. I'd also suggest you make a list of the things you wont be changing/want to add as well. Just so we dont get our hopes up that all these terms will be met.

[x]Join the Forums
[x]Make an Application
[x]Become Recruit
[x]Become Member
[x]Become Elite
[x]Become Veteran
[x]Become Staff
[x]Become Supporter
[x]Retire from EgN
[x]Become Staff Again

Central

Sibblet

Sunny<3

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:49 am 
EgN Member
Elite
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:114337355
That wasnt very nice goldgames but okay...

New Topic Locked  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 19
 >> Next