>> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Blocking on Jailbreak
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:32 am 
EgN Member
Veteran
Events Team Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:62263876
Hey you guys, i don't get the reason why we have a blocking mechanism? Someone in chat one time said it's because of something like "so people can stack". Still to me that isn't a good enough reason for me to see why it's beneficial for the server. I think removing it would make the server a better place, what do you guys think? Look i may be wrong about this one, however being that when i'm on the server seeing i can't even play a game/leave a cell because T's like to block so much.. just seems a little unfair and useless to have. Correct me if i'm wrong please but what do you guys truly think about this topic, also i forgot to add that it would make the "!stuck" ordeal a goner as well because people wouldn't really get stuck then now would they?

Social 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:38 am 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:40875182
We tested nocolide in the past on the server, the problem we had were accidental free kills because ts would bunch up into a giant conglomeration of rebels and non rebals. Thus creating a situation of either kill the ball of ts and risk ban for MFK or just go with it and hope one of them doesn't have a gun.

Spoiler: Show

Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

“Don't get mad, get even.” ― Robert F. Kennedy

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not too sure about the universe. -Albert Einstein

"This is a community wartheft, think of the otters :<"-Simplistic

Ash stole my profile picture so i stole his signiture

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:42 am 
EgN Member
Veteran
Events Team Member
Dave wrote:
We tested nocolide in the past on the server, the problem we had were accidental free kills because ts would bunch up into a giant conglomeration of rebels and non rebals. Thus creating a situation of either kill the ball of ts and risk ban for MFK or just go with it and hope one of them doesn't have a gun.

Simply just say stack to die and that will solve this, no reason to add in the blocking mechanism though because CT's don't know how to work around it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:16 am 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:72199061
Like Dave said, rebels can just run inside their teammates and shoot the CTs and pretty much force CTs into freekilling to kill them. Its not as simple as saying “stack to die” because then there is a bunch of extra commotion with the T’s moving around and the rebel will more than likely keep stacking anyways. Noblock is just cancer and it’s much easier to have rules covering blocking then allowing people to force CTs into freekilling.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:38 am 
EgN Member
Veteran
Events Team Member
Cooper wrote:
Like Dave said, rebels can just run inside their teammates and shoot the CTs and pretty much force CTs into freekilling to kill them. Its not as simple as saying “stack to die” because then there is a bunch of extra commotion with the T’s moving around and the rebel will more than likely keep stacking anyways. Noblock is just cancer and it’s much easier to have rules covering blocking then allowing people to force CTs into freekilling.

Good point cooper, although then theirs gotta be some way you can make it to where the T's can play games on the map that T's have an equal advantage? Because with it on it has it's pros and cons if you think about it. So i wouldn't consider it cancer to have the blocking disabled, but your point is pretty valid not gonna lie, never thought of it that way i guess. But i still personally feel the blocking should still be disabled because then theirs more cons then pros compared to your point of view, for example having it disabled causes T's to not get blocked going to a destination the warden directs to them, which this will make it to where the round isn't being delayed, especially when rounds typically don't last that long anyways... It also will make it fair and more enjoyable for the T's in the games that need blocking disabled, like perhaps bhop game etc, T's get stuck a ton and it's very frustrating... Also it gets rid of the "!stuck" plugin making the game "also" more enjoyable yet again. So balance them out and decide what you higher ups and people from the community think is better!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:13 am 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:34125752
I used to play a lot of hellsgamers jb back in its hayday, and let me tell you, noblock is absolute horse shit.

As the others said, when you're a ct you can barely control the team when they get a gun. Unlike here where you can actually handle a rebel, in HG, once someone in the stack has a gun, that's it. You're all dead because you can't shoot back (otherwise you'd be punished for mfk or mass freeshooting). Sure, it was easier to do some games on the off chance there was no rebel (like obstacle course, climb, etc.), but other games were harder to setup, or I had some minor grievances with. Take soccer for example. It's not hard to setup but anytime somebody is inside you, it becomes much harder to knife something that isn't them. Other games, like trivia, simon says, etc. were all possible but took a lot of time to setup, since they had to manually spread themselves out. It's because it took so long to do games like that, that most of what was done was wordplay/nazi kills, constantly.

I guarantee blocking will not be removed because having noblock would just turn it into a massive clusterfuck. Our server has enough things stacked against the CT's as it is (warning rule is a good one to note), without having to worry about accidental mfk's everytime somebody in a stack gets a gun (which trust me, they will...).
Beep boop.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:28 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:168005072
Wassgud y'all. I personally agree with my Boy yio cause I feel as if it is quite inconvenient for players to type the !stuck command when the blocking thing could just be removed in the first place. I wouldn't exactly say stacking would always end up happening if the warden knows what hes doing, and on other JB servers I've played in the past it wasn't an issue. If a T has a gun while in a stack there is a possible risk of course for the CTs, but I guess that's just simply one of the cons like yio said. Aside from that at-least if noblock was implemented you wouldn't have to worry about rounds being delayed for T's who are stuck. Plus alot of players coming from other servers or communities may potentially be discouraged initialy (like when first spawning in the cell as a T) and a result they could very well leave.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:34 am 
EgN Member
Veteran
Events Team Member
Chaos_Boss wrote:
Wassgud y'all. I personally agree with my Boy yio cause I feel as if it is quite inconvenient for players to type the !stuck command when the blocking thing could just be removed in the first place. I wouldn't exactly say stacking would always end up happening if the warden knows what hes doing, and on other JB servers I've played in the past it wasn't an issue. If a T has a gun while in a stack there is a possible risk of course for the CTs, but I guess that's just simply one of the cons like yio said. Aside from that at-least if noblock was implemented you wouldn't have to worry about rounds being delayed for T's who are stuck. Plus alot of players coming from other servers or communities may potentially be discouraged initially (like when first spawning in the cell as a T) and a result they could very well leave.

Thank you Chaos_Boss for seeing my point of view and how it's still more beneficial for the server. Blocking being disabled is the right way to do jailbreak.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:02 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:73025945
nah you wrong. It's one of the big reasons i played EGN over hell or whatever else there is.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:21 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:24921937
Sorry to kill your idea, but it’s flat out bad. If you think the server is toxic now, it’ll only get worse with no block for the reasons that Cooper stated. And also on the same you tell Ts to I stack but then revel could’ve been beaten by simply just typing !stuck...

In the grand scheme of things convenience versus stability do with tried and true stability.

New Topic Post Reply  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next