>> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Improvements in EgN
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:05 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:150625838
Xanderian wrote:
I'm sorry if you think I'm being rude but this shit needs to be said. That server has been dead for far too long. It's actually starting to get depressing.

Side note, the server being dead is not on the development team but rather the community as a whole. We're, members, are given the responsibility to populate these servers.

The development team plays a small factor i.e if the server isn't working at all but even when the mini-games server was at it's best (server wise) we had no continuous population, and it's pretty under-debate to say otherwise.

Population doesn't come from the development team, it comes from the community.
To all the the ladies, peace, and humptiness.

ask me about film, novels, fashion, cinematography, and/or music & you'll have my ear for hours

Doldol 🐾: I'm a Hyper Nova
Doldol 🐾: Kharn can be a
Doldol 🐾: Super Massive Black Hole
EgN-S| Needy: lmao
Doldol 🐾: xD
EgN-S| Needy: dude idk why, but i thought you were going to say super massive black cocc
Doldol 🐾: You can be a
Doldol 🐾: LOL
Doldol 🐾: nono thatd then be micro astroid
Doldol 🐾: or so ive heard
EgN-S| Needy: Like he's just one big degenerate penus
Doldol 🐾: ROFL
Doldol 🐾: IK
Doldol 🐾: xd

her favourite colour was yellow

Smiley: yes, I have a job now so I can be the breadwinner of the household and you can just relax to Rex all day :)

life goals
[  ] become legend before mootinie
[  ] get 10,000 post before mutiny
[  ] marry smiley

Tricky: i don't think any of the staff+ are here to slap their e-penis on you

Social 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:38 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:160181792
Wanty wrote:
Xanderian wrote:
I'm sorry if you think I'm being rude but this shit needs to be said. That server has been dead for far too long. It's actually starting to get depressing.

Side note, the server being dead is not on the development team but rather the community as a whole. We're, members, are given the responsibility to populate these servers.

The development team plays a small factor i.e if the server isn't working at all but even when the mini-games server was at it's best (server wise) we had no continuous population, and it's pretty under-debate to say otherwise.

Definitely agree with Needy here on this. Just would like to add that we need people who want to work on the servers. Kharn had a discussion about this at the meeting. Nothing imo will happen unless people try to step up and take the time to mess with servers to fix them.

I worked on the surf server back then so if nobody else wants to mess with mini games I’ll try messing with it here and there. Just need to get a bit more access to the server. Once I get my pc back I can do more again. I’ll talk to the other higher ups and check with them.

Ignorance is bliss

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:20 am 
Community Member
Legend
Link wrote:
Wanty wrote:
Xanderian wrote:

Definitely agree with Needy here on this. Just would like to add that we need people who want to work on the servers. Kharn had a discussion about this at the meeting. Nothing imo will happen unless people try to step up and take the time to mess with servers to fix them.

I worked on the surf server back then so if nobody else wants to mess with mini games I’ll try messing with it here and there. Just need to get a bit more access to the server. Once I get my pc back I can do more again. I’ll talk to the other higher ups and check with them.

Most definitely, also I almost feel like managers had more success then the development team? But also, doesn't seem there has been much of a change between managers and dev team.

Wondering if we bring back mangers, and put one person in charge of a server it'd be more likely to get done. Not sure though.

ask me about film, novels, fashion, cinematography, and/or music & you'll have my ear for hours

EgN-S| Needy: dude idk why, but i thought you were going to say super massive black cocc

Smiley: yes, I have a job now so I can be the breadwinner of the household and you can just relax to Rex all day :)

life goals
[  ] marry smiley

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:45 am 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:177980773
Wanty wrote:
Link wrote:
Wanty wrote:
Xanderian wrote:

Most definitely, also I almost feel like managers had more success then the development team? But also, doesn't seem there has been much of a change between managers and dev team.

Wondering if we bring back mangers, and put one person in charge of a server it'd be more likely to get done. Not sure though.

Ahh, I could agree to most parts of returning Managers, mainly because it's not much of a mess, but either or seems good, though would appreciate people stepping in to help, as anyone with the knowledge can help.

*DEAD* EgN|s BEST ADMIN TITTYSPRINKLES: i thought today was rulebreaking day my bad :-(
*DEAD* EgN| Terminator #Fishy Guy: yup, ma dick to long :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:24 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:34125752
Wanty wrote:
Xanderian wrote:

That's true, but it's hard to populate a server that you cannot join due to FastDL issues. And you're right, some of what I said is pretty contentious, but I do feel that the dev team needs to be emptied out. No point to people getting the "Development team" thing under their name if they do nothing to deserve it. I'd much rather see a small dev team of 2-3 people who are actually doing things than a team of around 10 with only 20-30% of them doing any work. If the dev team is filled with inactive people, then remove the inactive people.

And you're right, I do know that people who go up to Dyno asking for panel access usually don't get it, because I went through the same thing. I was supposed to get it and a whole month went by and I still didn't. However, I do remember that when I asked him questions when he was on, he did respond with an answer. Same with Doldol. I do think you're selling them a bit short in that regards....

Honestly, I was wanting to rejoin EgN just to do server stuff, but I don't really want to wear tags so... rip. No elite, no dev team access. :C

And, apologies on some of the ruder stuff I was saying. A lot of this I've been bottling up pretty much the entire time that server's been unplayable.
Beep boop.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:38 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Xanderian wrote:
Wanty wrote:
Xanderian wrote:

That's true, but it's hard to populate a server that you cannot join due to FastDL issues. And you're right, some of what I said is pretty contentious, but I do feel that the dev team needs to be emptied out. No point to people getting the "Development team" thing under their name if they do nothing to deserve it. I'd much rather see a small dev team of 2-3 people who are actually doing things than a team of around 10 with only 20-30% of them doing any work. If the dev team is filled with inactive people, then remove the inactive people.

And you're right, I do know that people who go up to Dyno asking for panel access usually don't get it, because I went through the same thing. I was supposed to get it and a whole month went by and I still didn't. However, I do remember that when I asked him questions when he was on, he did respond with an answer. Same with Doldol. I do think you're selling them a bit short in that regards....

Honestly, I was wanting to rejoin EgN just to do server stuff, but I don't really want to wear tags so... rip. No elite, no dev team access. :C

And, apologies on some of the ruder stuff I was saying. A lot of this I've been bottling up pretty much the entire time that server's been unplayable.

Fastdl should be fixed now, so that's up to see if it's working accordingly. As for member removal, most definitely, that's up to whoever is running development team at the moment. And I'm sure whichever Staff that sees this will take it into account & more than likely remove them. At the moment, we don't really have anyone on Staff (that has a lot of knowledge themselves) to lead the team. Possibly Central, or Link, but they're going to really have to take in and run the team at it's best, and it's quite hard when you're just placed into something you're not particularly interested in (maybe they are, maybe they aren't).

"I do think you're selling them a bit short in that regards"

Eh don't think so, this is mostly coming from them themselves from when I was Staff which is why I say it.

life goals
[  ] marry smiley

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:42 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:34125752
Wanty wrote:
Xanderian wrote:
Wanty wrote:
Xanderian wrote:

Fastdl should be fixed now, so that's up to see if it's working accordingly. As for member removal, most definitely, that's up to whoever is running development team at the moment. And I'm sure whichever Staff that sees this will take it into account that there are a lot of inactive members in there right now & remove them. At the moment, we don't really have anyone on Staff (that has a lot of knowledge themselves) to lead the team. Possibly Central, or Link, but they're going to really have to take in and run the team at it's best, and it's quite hard when you're just placed into something you're not particularly interested in (maybe they are, maybe they aren't).

Eh don't think so, this is mostly coming from them themselves from when I was Staff which is why I say it.
Lol, then I guess they are selling themselves short. :P

And yeah, I hope it's fixed. I can get on later to see if so. And, I think Link knows how to work with the panel (correct me if I'm wrong on that link buddy pal <3) so as dev team manager unless/until he learns more about what to do, he can set the people who wanna do stuff up to do said stuff, and then let them go try some stuff out, maybe do some backups in case it doesn't work out as expected. Alternatively, NaCl is an excellent candidate for the dev team leader. He knows how to run servers, he's active enough to get things done, and he knows how to use the panel. Pretty much every time I pop into ts3 I see him around somewhere, so I know others will be able to seek him out if shit goes awry with a server. #NaClForStaff2018

But, as long as whoever replaces Dj7 as dev team manager is at least somewhat active, I don't imagine there should be too many problems with the dev team. At the very least the members should have the access they need to do the work. (Then it falls more to having an active dev team population, but that's a problem that can be solved later on I suppose... ;p)
Beep boop.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:51 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Xanderian wrote:
Wanty wrote:
Xanderian wrote:
Wanty wrote:
Xanderian wrote:

Fastdl should be fixed now, so that's up to see if it's working accordingly. As for member removal, most definitely, that's up to whoever is running development team at the moment. And I'm sure whichever Staff that sees this will take it into account that there are a lot of inactive members in there right now & remove them. At the moment, we don't really have anyone on Staff (that has a lot of knowledge themselves) to lead the team. Possibly Central, or Link, but they're going to really have to take in and run the team at it's best, and it's quite hard when you're just placed into something you're not particularly interested in (maybe they are, maybe they aren't).

And yeah, I hope it's fixed. I can get on later to see if so. And, I think Link knows how to work with the panel (correct me if I'm wrong on that link buddy pal <3) so as dev team manager unless/until he learns more about what to do, he can set the people who wanna do stuff up to do said stuff, and then let them go try some stuff out, maybe do some backups in case it doesn't work out as expected. Alternatively, NaCl is an excellent candidate for the dev team leader. He knows how to run servers, he's active enough to get things done, and he knows how to use the panel. Pretty much every time I pop into ts3 I see him around somewhere, so I know others will be able to seek him out if shit goes awry with a server. #NaClForStaff2018

But, as long as whoever replaces Dj7 as dev team manager is at least somewhat active, I don't imagine there should be too many problems with the dev team. At the very least the members should have the access they need to do the work. (Then it falls more to having an active dev team population, but that's a problem that can be solved later on I suppose... ;p)

Actually yea, sorta forgot that NaCl could run development team. Let's hope he wants to because I'm sure that'd get it at least going for some bit. Seems dedicated enough too seeing how active he is.

#NaClForStaff2019* bound to happen also high key forgot we should prob go back to the topic of this thread

life goals
[  ] marry smiley

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:55 pm 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:177980773
Wanty wrote:
Xanderian wrote:
Wanty wrote:
Xanderian wrote:
Wanty wrote:
Xanderian wrote:

Actually yea, sorta forgot that NaCl could run development team. Let's hope he wants to because I'm sure that'd get it at least going for some bit. Seems dedicated enough too seeing how active he is.

#NaClForStaff2019* bound to happen

Huh, I would definitely be for NaCl in running the team, though sure it should or must be a Staff+ running the team. I can see what I can do on my end to try fix the team up a little if all possible, though I'm not an excellent candidate but know basically how to setup servers, edit its plugins and stuff, but not too advanced

*DEAD* EgN|s BEST ADMIN TITTYSPRINKLES: i thought today was rulebreaking day my bad :-(
*DEAD* EgN| Terminator #Fishy Guy: yup, ma dick to long :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:58 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Central wrote:
Wanty wrote:
Spoiler: Show

#NaClForStaff2019* bound to happen

Huh, I would definitely be for NaCl in running the team, though sure it should or must be a Staff+ running the team. I can see what I can do on my end to try fix the team up a little if all possible, though I'm not an excellent candidate but know basically how to setup servers, edit its plugins and stuff, but not too advanced

Well, we did have BriBee running Events Team, and you running News Team at time when you two were members while we had the "over lookers" by Staff

life goals
[  ] marry smiley

New Topic Post Reply  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3
 >> Next