Post subject: Re: Jailbreak Wardays...
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:18 am 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:177980773
Cooper wrote:
BriBee wrote:
AJtheGreyBeard025 wrote:
Guards run the map, should be on the CTs to expand the warday at that point technically both sides aren’t progressing the round. I’m with cooper that the rule needs to take out that part and make CTs expand at least. Or by contrast force both sides to expand to be at a certain part of the map by a certain time.

Wardays are one of the only days CT's have to kill T's without any repercussions. Why should they be forced to expand when theirs only one of them left and 4 T's. The rule makes it so that its a fairer playing field.....

So you are saying it should be the T’s responsibility to progress the round? If your argument is that it makes it “fair” is it really that much more “fair” for the T’s to have to run in and die to CT’s holding angles with AWPs? The CT’s called the warday under their own terms so they should have some sort of credibility in progressing the round when the time comes, you are saying they shouldn’t have to leave because it’s the only time they can kill T’s without repercussions, so why would it be any more fair for the T’s to have to push a location that the CTs themselves chose and get second picks on guns? Numbers shouldn’t even play a factor because a good CT team holding strong angles with AWPs can easily level the playing field in terms of numbers if not completely put it in their favor. This isn’t even really fairness, fairness would be them having to push because they didn’t perform well, not punishing the T’s cause they did better. We might as well give out participation trophies instead of LR just so it’s “fair”.

Is it “fair” to the person who died at the start of the round to have to wait 5 minutes because of this rule? This rule strongly discourages round progression and even if admins try to do something it’s always going to slow things down regardless

"A number shouldn't play a factor"

Quote:
War days will expand at 3:30 every time. CT’s must leave warzone if CTs outnumber the terrorists. CTs can use secrets after expansion.

If the CT team who are alive outnumber the Ts, for example, 3 alive CTs, 1 T, then CTs are forced to expand the warday. If the Ts outweighs the CTs, for instance 5 Ts, 3 CTs then they shouldn't be forced to leave warzone until/unless it becomes CTs outnumber Ts.

This rule has been here since the last admin meeting, and will only be changed in the next admin meeting.

*DEAD* EgN|s BEST ADMIN TITTYSPRINKLES: i thought today was rulebreaking day my bad :-(
*DEAD* EgN| Terminator #Fishy Guy: yup, ma dick to long :)

Social 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:16 am 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:95290612
@central ,the rule was put in with all the good intensions to stop rounds being delayed by wardays and such, but just like the "metagaming rule" it wasn't thought trough properly and now pisses off alot of people.
yes it was decided at the admin meeting but let's be honest here....that doesn't mean anything. alot of rules that get "decided" there are kinda stupid/unnesecary or just to be more specific about other rules.

this rule was just another one of those rules to be more specific (in my opinion atleast) about the "don't be an asshole" and "make sure the round progresses"
but instead of just clarifying that ct's should expand warzone and not just camp we said "hey lets just make a rule about that" which is completely unnesecary

u could pretty much remove half of the rules we have on the list right now that have no purpose on their own or are not included in basic/main jailbreak rules
with this rule it just gives CT's a reason to stay in warzone without having to go out and u can only borderline force them to expand.
llike, i don't see what "extra" this rule brings with it... "now they can't delay the round anymore" xD really? T's can't be forced to go to warzone and CT's can't be forced out of warzone if they are outnumbered unless u can force the rules in such a way that they "overwrite" the rule.

"CT's now have to get out if they outnumber the T's" -----which u could already enforce with the "progress rounds" and "dont be an asshole" which just didn't get done :/
Ct's wanna call wardays? FINE, but atleast have the balls to go out of warzone when it expands or have the brains to chose a warzone where u can actually have a chance of escaping warzone
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2018

rebeler since february 2016

we all have different lifes, different problems and different paths to take.....
but what we all wonder is: would they be proud of who i am today?

Princess Strawberry: "HEY, i know everything about Denmark , OK?
Princess Strawberry: "what kind of waffles do they eat in Denmark?"
Princess Strawberry: "OH WAIT SHIT THAT'S BELGIUM"

<16:59:31> "Eclipzx_" was banned for 10 minutes from the server by "GoopSauce" (pussy much?)

*warden*: There's 1 rebeler in garage please get him
*INBREADCATS*: It's only 1 rebeler,what can he do......oh shit it's terminator i'm coming

reboobalar: "term this is your warning because i know you're just gonna rebel"
reboobalar: "fuck this, im not going to be Ct with Term on their team"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:46 am 
EgN Member
Veteran
Events Team Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:62263876
Damn this next admin meeting gonna be terrific can't wait to see you all there! Lmfao.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:55 am 
EgN Member
Elder
Natsu wrote:
Damn this next admin meeting gonna be terrific can't wait to see you all there! Lmfao.

Don't expect to much... there is a big chance it will stay lol
Or another rule will come in place of this one that isn't really any better.
Just a heads up lol
Tip:right it down in a notebook and make a notification on it phone for next meeting with titled this rule

we all have different lifes, different problems and different paths to take.....

<16:59:31> "Eclipzx_" was banned for 10 minutes from the server by "GoopSauce" (pussy much?)

*INBREADCATS*: It's only 1 rebeler,what can he do......oh shit it's terminator i'm coming

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:56 am 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:45881423
Cooper wrote:
BriBee wrote:
AJtheGreyBeard025 wrote:
Guards run the map, should be on the CTs to expand the warday at that point technically both sides aren’t progressing the round. I’m with cooper that the rule needs to take out that part and make CTs expand at least. Or by contrast force both sides to expand to be at a certain part of the map by a certain time.

Wardays are one of the only days CT's have to kill T's without any repercussions. Why should they be forced to expand when theirs only one of them left and 4 T's. The rule makes it so that its a fairer playing field.....

So you are saying it should be the T’s responsibility to progress the round? If your argument is that it makes it “fair” is it really that much more “fair” for the T’s to have to run in and die to CT’s holding angles with AWPs? The CT’s called the warday under their own terms so they should have some sort of credibility in progressing the round when the time comes, you are saying they shouldn’t have to leave because it’s the only time they can kill T’s without repercussions, so why would it be any more fair for the T’s to have to push a location that the CTs themselves chose and get second picks on guns? Numbers shouldn’t even play a factor because a good CT team holding strong angles with AWPs can easily level the playing field in terms of numbers if not completely put it in their favor. This isn’t even really fairness, fairness would be them having to push because they didn’t perform well, not punishing the T’s cause they did better. We might as well give out participation trophies instead of LR just so it’s “fair”.

Is it “fair” to the person who died at the start of the round to have to wait 5 minutes because of this rule? This rule strongly discourages round progression and even if admins try to do something it’s always going to slow things down regardless

Both of you are arguing from points that should'it really be relevant.

Bri;
-Wardays are not days CT's can kill T's without repercussions there are still a whole bunch of rules to follow and wardays are not stated to be for the CT's just to be able to kill T's without repercussions.
-Jailbreak is not supposed to be a 50/50 fair gamemode, each side has its own advantages and disadvantages (115hp, starting weapons, ect) so being fair is not a reason to change a rule.

cooper;
-it is not just CT's job to progress the round it is only stated that admins must ensure the round progress, this means it applies to both T and CT. You are conflating that with "CT's must play their role" which in a warday is only specified to being the last Team standing. The only rule right now that makes CT's have to expand is the 3:30 rule.
-again being "fair" should have nothing to do with the argument as the gamemode is not intended to be 50/50 fair to begin with. The only time "fairness" is involved is the lazy and poorly worded extension of the rule "no hacking, scripts, or anything considered unfair" which is only in regards to players not rules so it is still irrelevant.

Simplistic;
-A better revison of this rule would be "Ct's must expand warday within {4:30-3:00} and must leave warday by {3:00}"
this would:
+give the CT's back their unpredictable expansion advantage
+prevent T's from waiting in tele's until after CT's must leave as CT team can have players check tele entry points while holding tele exits as well
+prevent CT's from waiting out the round like cowards
+encourage T's to take initiative when attacking in start of round as they will only be guaranteed to know the CT's position for 1.5min

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:23 am 
EgN Member
Elder
Mr. Simplistic wrote:

Simplistic;
-A better revison of this rule would be "Ct's must expand warday within {4:30-3:00} and must leave warday by {3:00}"
this would:
+give the CT's back their unpredictable expansion advantage
+prevent T's from waiting in tele's until after CT's must leave as CT team can have players check tele entry points while holding tele exits as well
+prevent CT's from waiting out the round like cowards
+encourage T's to take initiative when attacking in start of round as they will only be guaranteed to know the CT's position for 1.5min

i completely agree on the revision of the rules, and the time warday/warzone expands should be sooner since it is just the last people alive that won't do anything which will delay the round. (this would of course be taking the risk of having a greater part of the t4s wait out the expansion time....)

i don't agree on the "unpredictable" expansion advantage since even when it says "expand at 330" CT's will never expand at exactly 330 and always take untill 2 or longer to be completely out of warzone, yet i do agree it would give a bigger time frame in which they can try and surprise the T's camping the exits and such.

next, T's will always be T's and they will still camp the teleporter exits since ussualy the T's will camp the entrences untill a minute or so after the warday expanded or when CT's are on them and shooting them and they need a new spot or try to escape.
yet again: it does give a bigger time frame in which CT's could catch those guys using the TP's

3rd point u made: CT's will only be prevented from doing so if the rule gets worded correctly and if the rule will be enforced correctly without the whole discussion about the "1v5 this is unfair" and those sort of things.

last, i don't think the T's will take more initiative towards the warday but would rather try and sit back because it is only 1:30 minutes in which they would have to wait or even less if theylet cells auto open u see. but even then i would say it should be fine since the CT's need to take those risks in consideration when calling a warday and would hopefully decrease the amount of wardays on maps with actual games on it to play (WHICH WOULD BE AN AMAZING RULE TO ADD ASWELL: only X amount of wardays on map full of games)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:35 am 
Staff
Legend
Mr.Simplistic wrote:
The only rule right now that makes CT's have to expand is the 3:30 rule.

Please elaborate on why you think this is?

Mr. Simplistic wrote:
prevent CT's from waiting out the round like cowards

Just because you're a coward doesn't mean you're breaking the rules.

Mr. Simplistic wrote:
prevent T's from waiting in tele's until after CT's must leave as CT team can have players check tele entry points while holding tele exits as well

By doing this, aren't you therefore restricting Ts access to actually be a Terrorist? Normal rounds, they can enter secrets whenever they like, however are classed as rebelling. Ts basically can do whatever they want as a Terrorist, only if they are abiding by server rules they can do whatever they want. (If you don't understand what I meant by this, then you can go ahead and ask)

Mr. Simplistic wrote:
Wardays are not days CT's can kill T's without repercussions there are still a whole bunch of rules to follow and wardays are not stated to be for the CT's just to be able to kill T's without repercussions.

Think you mind have misunderstood the point in BriBee's reply - her understanding of the rule makes it where CTs shouldn't be forced to expand as the current rule states that if the Ts outweighs the CTs then they shouldn't be forced to leave, why? Because if you think about it, if there's 1 CT remaining, and like 6 Ts, how is that going to go? Ts are most likely going to win, and the CT can only win by either luck or skill basing off the events that lead to that.

*DEAD* EgN|s BEST ADMIN TITTYSPRINKLES: i thought today was rulebreaking day my bad :-(

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:49 am 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:45881423
Mr.Simplistic wrote:
The only rule right now that makes CT's have to expand is the 3:30 rule.

Please elaborate on why you think this is?
because its the only rule that relates to it, if you think otherwise by all means state your case?

Mr. Simplistic wrote:
prevent CT's from waiting out the round like cowards

Just because you're a coward doesn't mean you're breaking the rules.
its a positive for the server, why would you think i said they were breaking any rules? i just said the rule would make sure people dont do that are you against it?

Mr. Simplistic wrote:
prevent T's from waiting in tele's until after CT's must leave as CT team can have players check tele entry points while holding tele exits as well

By doing this, aren't you therefore restricting Ts access to actually be a Terrorist? Normal rounds, they can enter secrets whenever they like, however are classed as rebelling. Ts basically can do whatever they want as a Terrorist, only if they are abiding by server rules they can do whatever they want. (If you don't understand what I meant by this, then you can go ahead and ask)
i think you really must have misunderstood this. I'm saying allowing warday to expand give CT's a chance to kill T's waiting to jump into a secret after CT's leave i.e. pool to soccer secret. This is just a tactical option opened up to the CT's it in no way impacts what the T's can or cannot do and im not sure why you think it would please explain.

Mr. Simplistic wrote:
Wardays are not days CT's can kill T's without repercussions there are still a whole bunch of rules to follow and wardays are not stated to be for the CT's just to be able to kill T's without repercussions.

Think you mind have misunderstood the point in BriBee's reply - her understanding of the rule makes it where CTs shouldn't be forced to expand as the current rule states that if the Ts outweighs the CTs then they shouldn't be forced to leave, why? Because if you think about it, if there's 1 CT remaining, and like 6 Ts, how is that going to go? Ts are most likely going to win, and the CT can only win by either luck or skill basing off the events that lead to that.
i think you should reword your sentance for me becuase its kind of confusing. i think your trying to say that CT's can refuse to leave because its unfair or at least they should be allowed to but as i said that is'it really a relevant argument as the gamemode is not designed to be 50/50 fair in the first place. please reword this as it does'it make very much sense to me.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:11 am 
Staff
Legend
Spoiler: Show

"because its the only rule that relates to it, if you think otherwise by all means state your case?"
I already quoted the rule somewhere in this topic, but here is it again:

Quote:
War days will expand at 3:30 every time. CT’s must leave warzone if CTs outnumber the terrorists. CTs can use secrets after expansion.

War days expands 3:30 everytime. Meaning the area of warzone expands to everywhere else on the map, including secrets. CTs are only forced to leave and expand warday if they outnumber the Ts who are alive. On the other hand, if the Ts outnumber the CTs, they are not forced to expand and leave warzone, not at all. Why? Because again, it's going to create a situation where the Ts are most likely to win, depending on the level of luck and skill the CT has. I know each team has its own perks, and really isn't supposed to be a 50/50 gameplay, but this is the rule.

i think you really must have misunderstood this. I'm saying allowing warday to expand give CT's a chance to kill T's waiting to jump into a secret after CT's leave i.e. pool to soccer secret. This is just a tactical option opened up to the CT's it in no way impacts what the T's can or cannot do and im not sure why you think it would please explain.
It's either me being blind, or you wording it incorrectly. I think you worded it incorrectly. To me, you said that to make Ts wait until expansion to be able to enter secrets - you might have meant something else, but that is what I saw from what you put.

i think you should reword your sentance for me becuase its kind of confusing. i think your trying to say that CT's can refuse to leave because its unfair or at least they should be allowed to but as i said that is'it really a relevant argument as the gamemode is not designed to be 50/50 fair in the first place. please reword this as it does'it make very much sense to me.
Alright - thanks for telling me. All I was saying, is that why force the CTs to expand when they're outnumbered. By then, the Ts should know they have the tactical advantage, and they can easily rush the CT and having a greater chance to win if they all rush, like entering the teleporter from showers > soccer. Like, it's pretty easy to think and imagine the scenario. But I understand that if the Ts just stick around in secrets, it delays the round, but again, refer to the rule.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:39 am 
EgN Member
Elder
Spoiler: Show

"because its the only rule that relates to it, if you think otherwise by all means state your case?"
I already quoted the rule somewhere in this topic, but here is it again:

Quote:

War days expands 3:30 everytime. Meaning the area of warzone expands to everywhere else on the map, including secrets. CTs are only forced to leave and expand warday if they outnumber the Ts who are alive. On the other hand, if the Ts outnumber the CTs, they are not forced to expand and leave warzone, not at all. Why? Because again, it's going to create a situation where the Ts are most likely to win, depending on the level of luck and skill the CT has. I know each team has its own perks, and really isn't supposed to be a 50/50 gameplay, but this is the rule.

It's either me being blind, or you wording it incorrectly. I think you worded it incorrectly. To me, you said that to make Ts wait until expansion to be able to enter secrets - you might have meant something else, but that is what I saw from what you put.

Alright - thanks for telling me. All I was saying, is that why force the CTs to expand when they're outnumbered. By then, the Ts should know they have the tactical advantage, and they can easily rush the CT and having a greater chance to win if they all rush, like entering the teleporter from showers > soccer. Like, it's pretty easy to think and imagine the scenario. But I understand that if the Ts just stick around in secrets, it delays the round, but again, refer to the rule.

[/spoiler]

i'm going to leave it for simplistic to repond to that exept for this: u never seen a warday trough the eyes of an actualy good player...have u?
if u did then u know 1 CT can easily fuck up 5-6 T's if not more. T's are disorganized and can't really do anything

New Topic Post Reply  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4
 >> Next