Login 

New Topic Post Reply  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:07 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:11765093
Like the title suggests I want to know your reasoning for all of the sudden this big hate wave against the retired rank. I didn't want to clog up GoldGames forum post with this topic so I started a new one. For some reason within the past couple of weeks I have been labeled as a troll and just wanting to start drama around here and I just don't get it. I have spent a ton of time in this community and I still like to come on the forums and reply to topics and talk with some of you guys but it seems like here lately there is some big push to git rid of the retired rank and force us out. At least coming from my perspective I spent a lot of time, money, and sweat around here and I actually cared a lot for this clan and for some people to tell me all I am is a troll and I need to be kicked out quiet frankly ticks me off. Do some retired act worse than others? Of course but the same can be said to just about every other member in every other rank in this clan. Also do I tend to post jokes instead of taking every single thing serious? Yes because that's just my personality and I think most of my close friends around here know that I can joke around but that I care a lot as well. I hope that the ones that say I'm nothing but a troll understand that because I'm retired I can have a little more freedom with joking around but also I come around here and post on topics because there is still apart of me that cares about this place and what happens and I would hope that some of you would understand that. If retired were acting as bad as some of you make it out to be don't you think that staff+ would be taking actions against us? Give us forum bans, warnings etc. I think some of these people's frustrations with where the clan is are being took out on us unfairly.

Please try to keep this on topic and don't turn this into a hate fest, thanks

"Who I am is not important, my message is." - Revan

Social 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:09 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:70493788
Just going to put this here..
Mr.GoldGames wrote:
The retired rank was a thing that was created in my time as a Staff member. At first we were looking for a substitute to the Supporter rank, which in my eyes was a good rank because it showed who gave their time and help to the community (it was just given way too much power, and people whined about not getting it). So we came up with the rank retired in which described people who left the community and didn't want to be apart of the clan.

Though the retired rank was abused and its meaning when it was created was distorted to give the clan an upper hand (this being one of the many reasons I stepped down from Staff). PUBG was very popular during this time, and the rules were if your clan had large numbers, you could get a server to play on for your community. So some higher ups (name calling at this point is dumb, they know who they are) decided to change everyone to retired to make our clan member numbers go up so we look better (and by everyone, i mean even people still here have the retired rank. Go on, check your groups in your profile. You have the rank, and so did all the registered users at the time who were never in the clan to begin with. Thus making people who never quit the clan/never joined, retired). So now you have a clan members number thats fake and also treating retired like shit while still considering them members. Thus making a mockery of the rank, thus making it the worst rank in the community today. The supporter idea would sound like a dream rank compared to the Retired rank.

Retired should be removed, because its intentions are toxic to this community, and it serves as a reminder of when the community would do anything to progress. If you are going to honor the people who left with a rank, make it so that they dont contribute to the success of the community, but as an honor to their service. Dont benefit from someone leaving the community, thats not the right way to think about it. It might be a minor and unnoticeable problem, but its the idea behind all of it and how it was created that bothers the hell of out me. You cant fake numbers, and it makes the community look bad when we say we almost have 700 members and no active servers.

Having 200 members and low activity on the servers will make people say "Oh wow they are unpopulated", but having close to 700 members and low activity on the servers makes people say "Yep, they died".

So yeah, retired rank needs to go or be revamped. Make the damn rank like we talked about, and not off of a hunger to grow our numbers.
Clear eyes, full hearts, cant lose. ~ Coach Eric Taylor
Creator of the Sinister Challenge.
Accidentally called the Global Chat "Network Chat" and now it's a thing.

[x]Join the Forums
[x]Make an Application
[x]Become Recruit
[x]Become Member
[x]Become Elite
[x]Become Veteran
[x]Become Staff
[x]Become Supporter
[x]Retire from EgN
[x]Get Kicked Out of the Clan Twice By Phillip
[x]Get Perm Banned from the Forums
[x]Become Staff Again

Central

Sibblet

Sunny<3

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:11 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:11765093
Mr.GoldGames wrote:
Mr.GoldGames wrote:
The retired rank was a thing that was created in my time as a Staff member. At first we were looking for a substitute to the Supporter rank, which in my eyes was a good rank because it showed who gave their time and help to the community (it was just given way too much power, and people whined about not getting it). So we came up with the rank retired in which described people who left the community and didn't want to be apart of the clan.

Though the retired rank was abused and its meaning when it was created was distorted to give the clan an upper hand (this being one of the many reasons I stepped down from Staff). PUBG was very popular during this time, and the rules were if your clan had large numbers, you could get a server to play on for your community. So some higher ups (name calling at this point is dumb, they know who they are) decided to change everyone to retired to make our clan member numbers go up so we look better (and by everyone, i mean even people still here have the retired rank. Go on, check your groups in your profile. You have the rank, and so did all the registered users at the time who were never in the clan to begin with. Thus making people who never quit the clan/never joined, retired). So now you have a clan members number thats fake and also treating retired like shit while still considering them members. Thus making a mockery of the rank, thus making it the worst rank in the community today. The supporter idea would sound like a dream rank compared to the Retired rank.

Retired should be removed, because its intentions are toxic to this community, and it serves as a reminder of when the community would do anything to progress. If you are going to honor the people who left with a rank, make it so that they dont contribute to the success of the community, but as an honor to their service. Dont benefit from someone leaving the community, thats not the right way to think about it. It might be a minor and unnoticeable problem, but its the idea behind all of it and how it was created that bothers the hell of out me. You cant fake numbers, and it makes the community look bad when we say we almost have 700 members and no active servers.

Having 200 members and low activity on the servers will make people say "Oh wow they are unpopulated", but having close to 700 members and low activity on the servers makes people say "Yep, they died".

So yeah, retired rank needs to go or be revamped. Make the damn rank like we talked about, and not off of a hunger to grow our numbers.

I was going to put your reasoning in my post but forgot. If it was really was for faking numbers then the rank is pointless and needs to be looked at. My point is don't remove retired just to force some of us non members out of the community.

"Who I am is not important, my message is." - Revan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:13 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:15637141
I think the members list needs to be cleaned up, doesn't look good for you image when it says there is like 700 members but there are only like 35 active players lol.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:32 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:72199061
I personally think the rank should be kept but with 0 perms and pretty much be the same as registered user instead only for people who were at one point in the community.

I also think people who get banned / kicked out shouldn’t be given the rank cause they didn’t really “retire” by choice.

There are a lot of toxic retireds who just come here to troll and talk shit and cause problems but there also are members who act the same way. The rank shouldn’t be completey gone but definitely shouldn’t have any special perms, just a way to distinguish between people who signed up and people who were in the community.

Last edited by Cooper on Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:39 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:45881423
Cooper wrote:
I personally think the rank should be kept but with 0 perms and pretty much be the same as registered user instead only for people who were at one point in the community.

I also think people who get banned / kicked out shouldn’t be given the rank cause they didn’t really “retire” by choice.

There is a lot of toxic retireds who just come here to troll and talk shit and cause problems but there also are members who act the same way. The rank shouldn’t be completey gone but definitely shouldn’t have any special perms, just a way to distinguish between people who signed up and people who were in the community.

Not bad

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:50 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19242639
Cooper wrote:

There are a lot of toxic retireds who just come here to troll and talk shit and cause problems but there also are members who act the same way. The rank shouldn’t be completey gone but definitely shouldn’t have any special perms, just a way to distinguish between people who signed up and people who were in the community.

I'm going to quote myself from Gold's thread. Don't take the condesention in the quote to be directed at you. I got tired of people just saying "Fuck retires, remove em" and saying nothing more than that.

Quote:
If they are counted as members then don't count them as members, simple as that, but one thing I don't get is how they have unnecessary power. Like they can view the Network Chat and LOA's. oooOOOOOoooo so much POWER. How the fuck is that unnecessary power? Is there something else I'm not aware of?

Also a couple of other things

1) I don't see many examples of the talking shit and trolling? If they're talking shit just ignore them. Specific members do the same shit and they are dealt with on a case by case basis. Which leads me to...

2) Why can't this be dealt with on a case by case basis? Like if Mootine is talking shit/trolling (Just using you as an example love you BB <3) then why do all other retires have to suffer? Like I said, members talk shit and troll all the time. Should the whole of the veteran rank be put in jeopardy because Sarge decided to talk shit?

It feels like people who are retired/supporter/whatever-the-fuck get the brunt of people's frustration/anger/sociopathy. I know from experience when I left because of Philip's cult of personality, specifically from Antonio's frustration and Zachariah's sociopathy. I guess its because people get the idea that these people aren't "loyal" to EgN and they get frustrated because they voice their opinions when they aren't in EgN technically, even if they are heavily involved with it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:42 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:48771745
Cooper wrote:

looks like we're just dead bodies then lmao

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:44 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:230517
GoopSauce wrote:
Mr.GoldGames wrote:
Mr.GoldGames wrote:

I was going to put your reasoning in my post but forgot. If it was really was for faking numbers then the rank is pointless and needs to be looked at. My point is don't remove retired just to force some of us non members out of the community.

With respect, in 99% of cases no one is “forced” to leave the clan. They do so of the own choosing.

I find it odd that people who elect to leave the community insist on any kind of rank. If it meant that much to you, the why leave?

This is why I supported removing the “supporter” rank (which was absued) and also support removing the retired rank.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:52 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:24921937
Personally, have to analyze what "retired" should really mean like Gold was saying. Should it be a quasi-member like "rank"/"designation"? I mean gotta look at what the line will be of "in the clan" vs. "registered user". II say it has to depend on what terms are you leaving the community on and shouldn't be a platform to be "at the wedding" but not "in the wedding party" i.e. why give diff. perms between registered user and retired.

New Topic Post Reply  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7
 >> Next