Register
Login 

New Topic Locked  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:10 pm 
EgN Member
I'm not going to put this under admin complaints because there isn't a specific instance/person at fault, and I did not feel like making a post that doesn't follow the given template, so I'll post it here. If this should be in a different forum that I was not aware of, and if it is possible, feel free to move it to it's respective location.

While there are a few exceptions to the accusation, most of the admins that I've had experience with do not pay attention to chat and do not act quickly/in general. There have been multiple instances where someone has freekilled/I try to talk to an admin for clarification, and I am met with no response. While I'm a very calm person and do not care about getting freekilled, it get's really frustrating when the person at fault is not punished accordingly, be it slayed or CT banned. Just recently I was freekilled, it was mentioned by multiple people, I asked the admins to slay the person, sent them the console of the person that killed me, and I was met with no response. I then sent 3 or 4 messages asking if the admins are going to help, and was once again met with no response. The person lived through the whole round, all the while he was mentioned by players for freekilling. There were multiple admins on at the time and if they were even remotely cognizant, they would have witnessed the issue when it happened and slayed the player. However, they completely ignored, or did not notice, all complaints I and other players made towards them in admin chat/over mic. This issue has happened before in the past, and I don't know if it's an issue of admins not paying attention to chat and only focusing on people screaming over their mic or just completely being unaware in general, but this should not be happening on a server that is constantly populated and has multiple admins on when the issues occurred. I then called the admins out in admin chat/all chat, saying that they do not give help to people and do not pay attention/do their job, asking if admins paid to get their position (which was a legitimate question) then stated that 90% of them were incompetent, which is subjectively true, followed by informing them that this was the reason they get so much complaints about how poor their admins are. I also mentioned that they ban people for "disrespecting admins" even when people simply voice their concerns over their power abuse/lack thereof. I was subsequently banned for an hour for "spamming chat" even though I sent distinct unique messages that were long, I was typing quick but I had legitimate questions/concerns. This was after an admin told us that if we wanted to communicate to them, then to use admin chat, which seems like a bait but it's whatever.

There is also an issue with simply abusing their power. There was one time where Jack was CONSTANTLY talking on mic, saying unimportant things, and when someone called him out he immediately said "disrespect admins again and you'll get banned". He was legitimately mic spamming then threatened ban when he was called out.

There needs to be more training involved/more thoughtful promotions to players that are granted admin, for a large majority of the current one's do not do their job as well as they should for someone in their position. They do not help people that talk in chat/admin chat, they do not aide people that have concerns, and they tread the line of power abuse. If there's one thing that can be immediately worked on, it would be for admins to pay more attention to chat and try and put more effort in aiding the everyday players that are trying to voice their concerns without mic spamming.

Social 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:23 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:70493788
Uhm what are admins, hello?
Clear eyes, full hearts, cant lose. ~ Coach Eric Taylor
Creator of the Sinister Challenge.
Accidentally called the Global Chat "Network Chat" and now it's a thing.

[x]Join the Forums
[x]Make an Application
[x]Become Recruit
[x]Become Member
[x]Become Elite
[x]Become Veteran
[x]Become Staff
[x]Become Supporter
[x]Retire from EgN
[x]Get Kicked Out of the Clan Twice By Phillip
[x]Get Perm Banned from the Forums
[x]Become Staff Again

Central

Sibblet

Sunny<3

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:25 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:22040504
Wait a tick this is in general.
Please use @ in team chat to message the admins directly.

edit: Also, to respond for reals:
If you find admins abusing or not doing their job, record a demo with "record badmin" in console, and create a proper admin complaint request @ [someone insert proper link here].

Otherwise, nothing is going to get done. It's how it's worked here at EgN, and probably won't change. HIgher ups who deal with this stuff don't have time and can't play the he said she said game.

Also, if you find it's most admins, why even continue playing? have you tried uprooting 90% of an organization? That's a lot... this would be a completely different place. not saying we don't want you here, but by the sounds of it you don't like most admins, and they probably aren't going anywhere anytime soon.
Gonna revise your Levi's with physical harm
Put divets in the rivets with my physical arm
Gonna beat those jeans, gonna dip em in slime
Turn your 501s into 499s

The Senate: Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis The Wise?
Anakin: No
The Senate: I thought not. It’s not a story the Jedi would tell you. It’s a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life… He had such a knowledge of the dark side, he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying.
Anakin: He could actually save people from death?
The Senate: The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.
Anakin: What happened to him?
The Senate: He became so powerful… the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Ironic. He could save others from death, but not himself.
Anakin: Is it possible to learn this power?
The Senate: Not from a Jedi.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:48 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:97829144
1. We are humans, not robots. Please have some patience because we can also go AFK just like you.
2. Use @ in team chat to contact admins directly. In my case I will do nothing to help you if you just write it in chat.
3. If you see someone doing something wrong and you can't reach for an admin to help, then report them on the forums. We have a forum section set up just for that.
4. Going to add what I said in 1: We might be dealing with someone else's situation. We can't do 2 things at once.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:03 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:433420658
Have you tried screaming really fucking loud into the mic. That usually helps.

Lead Inspector at EgN Inquisitorial Squad

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:38 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:70493788
ArturoLevi wrote:
1. We are humans, not robots. Please have some patience because we can also go AFK just like you.
2. Use @ in team chat to contact admins directly. In my case I will do nothing to help you if you just write it in chat.
3. If you see someone doing something wrong and you can't reach for an admin to help, then report them on the forums. We have a forum section set up just for that.
4. Going to add what I said in 1: We might be dealing with someone else's situation. We can't do 2 things at once.

well said, +1
Clear eyes, full hearts, cant lose. ~ Coach Eric Taylor
Creator of the Sinister Challenge.
Accidentally called the Global Chat "Network Chat" and now it's a thing.

[x]Join the Forums
[x]Make an Application
[x]Become Recruit
[x]Become Member
[x]Become Elite
[x]Become Veteran
[x]Become Staff
[x]Become Supporter
[x]Retire from EgN
[x]Get Kicked Out of the Clan Twice By Phillip
[x]Get Perm Banned from the Forums
[x]Become Staff Again

Central

Sibblet

Sunny<3

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:49 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:61648787
SemiAutoNoob wrote:
Have you tried screaming really fucking loud into the mic. That usually helps.

this is why I like you

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:53 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:40615045
It comes from people using their admin as more of a status symbol than a responsibility. Just recently I started recording admins(silver stevie) when they start abusing, and it seems they learn pretty fast that they arent immune to punishment. It's not the responsibility of the higher ups to get evidence that their admins arent using their powers properly, it's in the hands of the community.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:14 pm 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:43792252
I'm going to go ahead and respond to each one of your points to the best of my ability.

tyrone biggins wrote:
I'm not going to put this under admin complaints because there isn't a specific instance/person at fault, and I did not feel like making a post that doesn't follow the given template, so I'll post it here. If this should be in a different forum that I was not aware of, and if it is possible, feel free to move it to it's respective location.

While there are a few exceptions to the accusation, most of the admins that I've had experience with do not pay attention to chat and do not act quickly/in general. There have been multiple instances where someone has freekilled/I try to talk to an admin for clarification, and I am met with no response.

The admins are players as well. They are not paid by the community or by Kharn directly, they paid and we gave them the privilege and responsibility to be an admin. While they are under the expectation to try and help any complaint they can, they under no obligation and cannot help every single situation. We can't force them to help you every time you or any other player has a complaint.

tyrone biggins wrote:
While I'm a very calm person and do not care about getting freekilled, it get's really frustrating when the person at fault is not punished accordingly, be it slayed or CT banned. Just recently I was freekilled, it was mentioned by multiple people, I asked the admins to slay the person, sent them the console of the person that killed me, and I was met with no response. I then sent 3 or 4 messages asking if the admins are going to help, and was once again met with no response. The person lived through the whole round, all the while he was mentioned by players for freekilling.

Admins don't just go by the people's word to slay everyone that they believed was freekilled. Admins must see/witness the freekill themselves before they can just go slaying every time "freekill" is spammed in chat or over mic. As I said earlier, the admins are players just as you are. They don't sit in spectate and watch every CT to make sure they follow the rules and play nicely. If anything the admins made note that the player allegedly freekilled that round and they will be on the watch for him next time.

tyrone biggins wrote:
There were multiple admins on at the time and if they were even remotely cognizant, they would have witnessed the issue when it happened and slayed the player. However, they completely ignored, or did not notice, all complaints I and other players made towards them in admin chat/over mic. This issue has happened before in the past, and I don't know if it's an issue of admins not paying attention to chat and only focusing on people screaming over their mic or just completely being unaware in general, but this should not be happening on a server that is constantly populated and has multiple admins on when the issues occurred.

I'm not sure if you've ever been an admin for a server before, but trying to focus on everybody saying "pay attention to me and my problem!!" at the same time isn't as easy as it seems. Taking care of what the admin is currently witnessing (mic spam, calming the server down) takes a priority over your complaint over a player that may have freekilled you, whereas they can watch the player later on and take action as necessary. I assure you if the admin saw the freekill happen they would have done something.

tyrone biggins wrote:
I then called the admins out in admin chat/all chat, saying that they do not give help to people and do not pay attention/do their job, asking if admins paid to get their position (which was a legitimate question) then stated that 90% of them were incompetent, which is subjectively true, followed by informing them that this was the reason they get so much complaints about how poor their admins are.

Like I said before, this is not their job. Our admins donate and offer their services to help the server out when they can. Nobody is getting paid or forced to go in the server and take care of your complaints. They do it out of their own generosity. They help when they can, and if they can't help you then there is nothing that can be done. I guess you'll have to be virtually dead for the last 4 minutes of a game and wait until next round.

tyrone biggins wrote:
I also mentioned that they ban people for "disrespecting admins" even when people simply voice their concerns over their power abuse/lack thereof. I was subsequently banned for an hour for "spamming chat" even though I sent distinct unique messages that were long, I was typing quick but I had legitimate questions/concerns. This was after an admin told us that if we wanted to communicate to them, then to use admin chat, which seems like a bait but it's whatever.

If you have issues with the admins, then make a complaint or ask them politely. Don't tell them (the people you are asking help from) that they don't know what they're doing. That isn't how you get people to help you. You aren't going to get help from anybody when you complain and insult them. Don't try to be sarcastic or pretend like you were being nicer than you were "saying that they do not give help to people and do not pay attention/do their job", "then stated that 90% of them were incompetent", " followed by informing them that this was the reason they get so much complaints about how poor their admins are." Give respect, get respect.

tyrone biggins wrote:
There is also an issue with simply abusing their power. There was one time where Jack was CONSTANTLY talking on mic, saying unimportant things, and when someone called him out he immediately said "disrespect admins again and you'll get banned". He was legitimately mic spamming then threatened ban when he was called out.

If this is true, then you make a complaint on the forums or tell a higher so it can be dealt with. By not doing anything, you are saying it's not a big enough problem to bother you and you don't care that they do it. But instead, you hold it in and let the admin abuse their power and subsequently tell that admin it's okay to do this by not reporting it.

tyrone biggins wrote:
There needs to be more training involved/more thoughtful promotions to players that are granted admin, for a large majority of the current one's do not do their job as well as they should for someone in their position. They do not help people that talk in chat/admin chat, they do not aide people that have concerns, and they tread the line of power abuse. If there's one thing that can be immediately worked on, it would be for admins to pay more attention to chat and try and put more effort in aiding the everyday players that are trying to voice their concerns without mic spamming.

There is some training that goes into the new admins when they initially get their privileges. Otherwise, it is all community based and they should be learning from the higher admins, who should also be trying to guide the lower ones to become better admins. Like I've said a couple times already, it is not their job to help you. They do what they can, when they can do it. Not every complaint at every moment can be taken care of when you want it to be. They try their best when they can when they take time out of their day to try and help the server out.

If you are upset about missing out on 3 minutes of a game before respawning again, then take it out on them by calling them incompetent for not being able to witness what happens to every single player, then maybe you should take some time out to relax and understand they try to do their best when they can. You shouldn't be insulting them outright and then complain when they warn you to quit being abusive in your messages.

If there are legitimate complaints against admins, then create the evidence for it and post it. We can't help weed out the bad admins if you let them continue doing what they're doing and then say every admin is awful because of the bad seeds.
-No Pity For A Coward-
http://cdn.funnyisms.com/ecc914b3-1ce2-4aa7-8b36-992cf563121f.jpg
"im srry, i din mean it massta, lil simple is gone be a good boy massta" -Mr. Simplistic
"Your taste in music is A2+ and I like how you moto." -Needy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:39 pm 
EgN Member
Elite
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19547824
Yiggles Moto wrote:
I'm going to go ahead and respond to each one of your points to the best of my ability.

tyrone biggins wrote:

While there are a few exceptions to the accusation, most of the admins that I've had experience with do not pay attention to chat and do not act quickly/in general. There have been multiple instances where someone has freekilled/I try to talk to an admin for clarification, and I am met with no response.

The admins are players as well. They are not paid by the community or by Kharn directly, they paid and we gave them the privilege and responsibility to be an admin. While they are under the expectation to try and help any complaint they can, they under no obligation and cannot help every single situation. We can't force them to help you every time you or any other player has a complaint.

tyrone biggins wrote:
While I'm a very calm person and do not care about getting freekilled, it get's really frustrating when the person at fault is not punished accordingly, be it slayed or CT banned. Just recently I was freekilled, it was mentioned by multiple people, I asked the admins to slay the person, sent them the console of the person that killed me, and I was met with no response. I then sent 3 or 4 messages asking if the admins are going to help, and was once again met with no response. The person lived through the whole round, all the while he was mentioned by players for freekilling.

Admins don't just go by the people's word to slay everyone that they believed was freekilled. Admins must see/witness the freekill themselves before they can just go slaying every time "freekill" is spammed in chat or over mic. As I said earlier, the admins are players just as you are. They don't sit in spectate and watch every CT to make sure they follow the rules and play nicely. If anything the admins made note that the player allegedly freekilled that round and they will be on the watch for him next time.

tyrone biggins wrote:
There were multiple admins on at the time and if they were even remotely cognizant, they would have witnessed the issue when it happened and slayed the player. However, they completely ignored, or did not notice, all complaints I and other players made towards them in admin chat/over mic. This issue has happened before in the past, and I don't know if it's an issue of admins not paying attention to chat and only focusing on people screaming over their mic or just completely being unaware in general, but this should not be happening on a server that is constantly populated and has multiple admins on when the issues occurred.

I'm not sure if you've ever been an admin for a server before, but trying to focus on everybody saying "pay attention to me and my problem!!" at the same time isn't as easy as it seems. Taking care of what the admin is currently witnessing (mic spam, calming the server down) takes a priority over your complaint over a player that may have freekilled you, whereas they can watch the player later on and take action as necessary. I assure you if the admin saw the freekill happen they would have done something.

tyrone biggins wrote:
I then called the admins out in admin chat/all chat, saying that they do not give help to people and do not pay attention/do their job, asking if admins paid to get their position (which was a legitimate question) then stated that 90% of them were incompetent, which is subjectively true, followed by informing them that this was the reason they get so much complaints about how poor their admins are.

Like I said before, this is not their job. Our admins donate and offer their services to help the server out when they can. Nobody is getting paid or forced to go in the server and take care of your complaints. They do it out of their own generosity. They help when they can, and if they can't help you then there is nothing that can be done. I guess you'll have to be virtually dead for the last 4 minutes of a game and wait until next round.

tyrone biggins wrote:
I also mentioned that they ban people for "disrespecting admins" even when people simply voice their concerns over their power abuse/lack thereof. I was subsequently banned for an hour for "spamming chat" even though I sent distinct unique messages that were long, I was typing quick but I had legitimate questions/concerns. This was after an admin told us that if we wanted to communicate to them, then to use admin chat, which seems like a bait but it's whatever.

If you have issues with the admins, then make a complaint or ask them politely. Don't tell them (the people you are asking help from) that they don't know what they're doing. That isn't how you get people to help you. You aren't going to get help from anybody when you complain and insult them. Don't try to be sarcastic or pretend like you were being nicer than you were "saying that they do not give help to people and do not pay attention/do their job", "then stated that 90% of them were incompetent", " followed by informing them that this was the reason they get so much complaints about how poor their admins are." Give respect, get respect.

tyrone biggins wrote:

If this is true, then you make a complaint on the forums or tell a higher so it can be dealt with. By not doing anything, you are saying it's not a big enough problem to bother you and you don't care that they do it. But instead, you hold it in and let the admin abuse their power and subsequently tell that admin it's okay to do this by not reporting it.

tyrone biggins wrote:

There is some training that goes into the new admins when they initially get their privileges. Otherwise, it is all community based and they should be learning from the higher admins, who should also be trying to guide the lower ones to become better admins. Like I've said a couple times already, it is not their job to help you. They do what they can, when they can do it. Not every complaint at every moment can be taken care of when you want it to be. They try their best when they can when they take time out of their day to try and help the server out.

If you are upset about missing out on 3 minutes of a game before respawning again, then take it out on them by calling them incompetent for not being able to witness what happens to every single player, then maybe you should take some time out to relax and understand they try to do their best when they can. You shouldn't be insulting them outright and then complain when they warn you to quit being abusive in your messages.

If there are legitimate complaints against admins, then create the evidence for it and post it. We can't help weed out the bad admins if you let them continue doing what they're doing and then say every admin is awful because of the bad seeds.

+1
"Well before your time sport."
"Addoroth will rise again!"
Image Image

New Topic Locked  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3
 >> Next