Login 

New Topic Post Reply  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:00 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:7699691
Obviously there has been several complaints lately against Chips and this is not meant to be another one of them, hence why it is not in the complaints section. I post this only asking that a higher up explicitly state that Chip's method of administering is acceptable and encouraged.

Overall I don't mind Chips and I wish I did not have to single him out, but he is really the only one I've seen use this style of admin. I personally do not like his style of admin and have avoided playing on the jailbreak server when he is on as I feel it is confrontational and results in him having to make his "ignoring admin/trolling" bans. Obviously over the past few months Chips has been dominating the ban reports. I understand he plays alot more then most of us, but for me there is no reason someone should have this many bans. The order of operations clearly outlines how we escalate situations on dealing with players on our servers however I often see examples of Chips skipping several of these steps (mostly the kick and 10 minute ban) and after 1-2 warnings he issues a multi day ban. Several regulars have made complaints in game about what they see as excessive punishment.

A quick look through the source bans you will see most of chips bans that are not 1 week (assuming those are MFK) they are 1-3 days. While most other bans under a week are often about an hour or less.

Quick Examples:

I hope this does not come across as me having it out for chips as that is not my intention. We have talked to wanted a consistent approach to administering the JB server. Again if higher ups determine there is no issue here I will drop the subject and go on quietly.

Social 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:04 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:6214645
Location: 가까이 다가가고 싶었지만 가까이 다가갈 수 없었습니다. 내가 가까이 다가가면 다가가는 만큼 그대가 멀어질 것 같아서.
Hi ^.^

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:21 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:48892477
I do agree on a large part of this. But order of operations and admin chain of command has largely been ignored by our more recent admins as of late and need to be taken into effect again.
Admins shouldn't be skipping steps no matter how 'strict of an admin they are'. Even if someone who is pestering you didn't listen the first time keep following the steps. That's exactly what they are for. If said player ignores your warning move to the next step. Not a ban just because you feel hes ignoring you.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:32 am 
Community Leader
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:84775876
Location: l: 179° 56′ 39.4″, b: +0° 2′ 46.2″, d: 7,940 ± 420 parsecs, from Via Lactea galactic center.
Well I talked it over shortly with Chips, and while maybe sometimes I wouldn't have suggested swapped a warning with a kick with warning msg in it, it is definitely better than most admins, Chips does listen to any critique he gets from us higher ups, which is great. I really do understand that no one is absolutely perfect and that situations aren't either.

He can't ban people for solely for personally attacking him, but as I understand it he doesn't do that.

In the end a lot of people that misbehave do so intentionally, and we have always advocated punishments for those people.
As for the number of bans, I can reach that number when I'm on and JB is full of jerks, in the end maybe Advisors+/I'm just a bit better at being admin without actually using it, but I'm sure the rank has to do with that too.

In short it's say it's proportionate and in line with what we've said.
Been there, done that. No regrets, never give up on what's important. Prioritize. Happiness is all that matters.
I really like meowers but can't own any for the time being. Image

Software Developer with a fondness for Python & UE4.
🐱‍👤

ImageImageImage
Interested in Star Citizen? - Use STAR-PZ6J-4C62 and get us both some cool extras :3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:34 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:20347559
Savage is back!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:47 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:30473651
Silverstein wrote:
Savage is back!

Meh. Not really. If Chips was like Savage he'd probably be kicked out for being an ass. But he hasn't because he aint an ass. You ass (☞ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)☞

Also to get on-topic. Every admin should use their power as they think they should - obviously following the rules at the same time. There isn't just one correct way, some people are more lenient than others and have different views on how long a ban should be, or how many warnings they should give. EgN encourages to be as lenient as possible, but that's up to the admin, as long as some sort of warning is given? Pls correct is wrong

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:32 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:29611983
It's about time a good non-bias admin came around. I mean it's not like the "higher ups" are going to do anything. That would require actually playing. ;p <3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:46 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:433420658
A good admin gets someone to stop being a jerk or ass without having to ban them. It's called talking to a person. I'm sick of chips telling players to "drop the subject" if he wants to bring something up to their attention I think he is obligated to give them an answer when they have a question.
Admins need to use order of operations. Majority of times players quit just by kicking them. Admin is something I rarely have to open but I'm probably more lenient then chips. But that's just different people.
On another note the higher ups are being very nieve about this the same way they were about mecr its a wonder how many complaints need to be made before something is done about it. Yes you need to have hard proof. But to answer your question its a problem why do we have the order of operations and escalations if we are not to bother using them. Obviously there is no punishment for just banning people for however long you feel necessary. What doldol said above leads me to beleave that it's the admins sole discretion so Probably should start one week banning people for misspelling words and one month bans for anyone who coughs in their mic.

Lead Inspector at EgN Inquisitorial Squad

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:58 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:6214645
Location: 가까이 다가가고 싶었지만 가까이 다가갈 수 없었습니다. 내가 가까이 다가가면 다가가는 만큼 그대가 멀어질 것 같아서.
SemiAutoNoob wrote:
A good admin gets someone to stop being a jerk or ass without having to ban them. It's called talking to a person. I'm sick of chips telling players to "drop the subject" if he wants to bring something up to their attention I think he is obligated to give them an answer when they have a question.
Admins need to use order of operations. Majority of times players quit just by kicking them. Admin is something I rarely have to open but I'm probably more lenient then chips. But that's just different people.
On another note the higher ups are being very nieve about this the same way they were about mecr its a wonder how many complaints need to be made before something is done about it. Yes you need to have hard proof. But to answer your question its a problem why do we have the order of operations and escalations if we are not to bother using them. Obviously there is no punishment for just banning people for however long you feel necessary. What doldol said above leads me to beleave that it's the admins sole discretion so Probably should start one week banning people for misspelling words and one month bans for anyone who coughs in their mic.

SemiAutoNoob wrote:
I'm sick of Chips

You sir have been diagnosed with BHG(ButtHurtGroup) Syndrome. Let me find you the cure. O----[~~[ChipsSexyMedicine][]>---------

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:02 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:433420658
SemiAutoNoob wrote:
I'm sick of Chips

You sir have been diagnosed with BHG(ButtHurtGroup) Syndrome. Let me find you the cure. O----[~~[ChipsSexyMedicine][]>---------[/quote]

Haha to funny ok ok you win give me my treatment.

Lead Inspector at EgN Inquisitorial Squad

New Topic Post Reply  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3
 >> Next