New Topic Post Reply  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:04 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:41288240
Your takes???

I humbly accept this signature from KingOutLaw, thanks buddy!

Social 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:15 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:49287412
Depends on what they did if the person is threatened then sure
Made By Synthic

<21:12:17> "Xanderian": I've got two British people talking about gay whorehouses and man boobs over a microphone.
<21:12:23> "Xanderian": Like wtf

Past signatures

Spoiler: Show

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:29 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:58718947
Kick em in the throat.
Teaching a swordsman to kill is simple. The true challenge lies in teaching him not to kill.
I prefer jam, because I can't jelly my dick down your mom's throat. - Charlie Scene
They be like "omg booty i want your D - Fiire
I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots. - Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:46 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:45015271
Posted about that asshole dating one of my friends in the chatbox a few days ago...
He talks to people as if he rules the world, he acts like he's immortal, and he does as much as he can to make you feel bad about yourself.

Yesterday he got the living shit beat out of him by some guys he used to know.
And I'm not mad, he fucking deserved it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:30 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:71783062
Wait can you clarify what physical discipline is? Is it inward discipline of ones physique or is it the issue of corporal punishment in schools and homes?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:34 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:56113748
Can i take this post seriously. But no i don't think that physical discipline should be allowed and let me explain. This is 2014. Kids have a bunch of stuff like i-pods, Ps4's, Computers, T.V. And i think instead of hitting them they should just take one of those things away.
Thank You Synthic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:46 am 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:40875182
Zero wrote:
Posted about that asshole dating one of my friends in the chatbox a few days ago...
He talks to people as if he rules the world, he acts like he's immortal, and he does as much as he can to make you feel bad about yourself.

stab him in the knee and squeeze fresh lemon juice with a hint of salt into the wound. that'l shut him the fuck up.

Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

“Don't get mad, get even.” ― Robert F. Kennedy

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not too sure about the universe. -Albert Einstein

"This is a community wartheft, think of the otters :<"-Simplistic

Ash stole my profile picture so i stole his signiture

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:54 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:230517
Obviously depends who is the disciplinarian, the context and where - a parent disciplining their kid is quit different to a teacher assaulting a the same kid in school.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:54 am 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26201796
Dave c.F Strider wrote:
Zero wrote:

stab him in the knee and squeeze fresh lemon juice with a hint of salt into the wound. that'l shut him the fuck up.

Edgy

Anyways, I think physical punishment in terms of exercise should be punishment, if a kid is behaving wrong, 200 pushups should hush him
Still Here, Forever

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:31 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:71783062
Google wrote:
Can i take this post seriously. But no i don't think that physical discipline should be allowed and let me explain. This is 2014. Kids have a bunch of stuff like i-pods, Ps4's, Computers, T.V. And i think instead of hitting them they should just take one of those things away.

If the case is behavioral correction then I agree that there are better options to take. For example using reinforcements instead of punishments on a fixed ratio reinforcement schedule is a much better choice often for younger children than using positive punishment schemes to shape behavior. The reason is because children don't have the mental faculties to put the punishment they get for certain behaviors together. They are more likely to be caught up in an emotional fit than reason through their mistakes. It might actually justify violence in their minds and cause side effects in their school environments. I think you described negative punishment which is punishment by removing their favored items such as electronics. I think however if every parent was intelligent to understand the cases which positive punishment was preferable (i.e. the risks were less than the gain) it would be allowed but this perfect world scenario does not exist so it must be disallowed.

However talking about my own childhood I can say my parents did use a variety of punishments/reinforcements to correct my behaviors including positive punishment, and who I am as an individual right now is a far cry from any sort of deviancy so it works out in some cases.

Last edited by Viole on Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Topic Post Reply  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next