Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:10 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:70493788
Needy wrote:
Spoiler: Show

Chat box, and the ability to view LOA’s

That’s practically all the more you’re able to see as a retired IIRC which is particularly why the rank isn’t needed

Followed by the fact that it’s really just a supporter rank hidden around member

The retired rank was a thing that was created in my time as a Staff member. At first we were looking for a substitute to the Supporter rank, which in my eyes was a good rank because it showed who gave their time and help to the community (it was just given way too much power, and people whined about not getting it). So we came up with the rank retired in which described people who left the community and didn't want to be apart of the clan.

Though the retired rank was abused and its meaning when it was created was distorted to give the clan an upper hand (this being one of the many reasons I stepped down from Staff). PUBG was very popular during this time, and the rules were if your clan had large numbers, you could get a server to play on for your community. So some higher ups (name calling at this point is dumb, they know who they are) decided to change everyone to retired to make our clan member numbers go up so we look better (and by everyone, i mean even people still here have the retired rank. Go on, check your groups in your profile. You have the rank, and so did all the registered users at the time who were never in the clan to begin with. Thus making people who never quit the clan/never joined, retired). So now you have a clan members number thats fake and also treating retired like shit while still considering them members. Thus making a mockery of the rank, thus making it the worst rank in the community today. The supporter idea would sound like a dream rank compared to the Retired rank.

Retired should be removed, because its intentions are toxic to this community, and it serves as a reminder of when the community would do anything to progress. If you are going to honor the people who left with a rank, make it so that they dont contribute to the success of the community, but as an honor to their service. Dont benefit from someone leaving the community, thats not the right way to think about it. It might be a minor and unnoticeable problem, but its the idea behind all of it and how it was created that bothers the hell of out me. You cant fake numbers, and it makes the community look bad when we say we almost have 700 members and no active servers.

Having 200 members and low activity on the servers will make people say "Oh wow they are unpopulated", but having close to 700 members and low activity on the servers makes people say "Yep, they died".

So yeah, retired rank needs to go or be revamped. Make the damn rank like we talked about, and not off of a hunger to grow our numbers.
Clear eyes, full hearts, cant lose. ~ Coach Eric Taylor
Creator of the Sinister Challenge.
Accidentally called the Global Chat "Network Chat" and now it's a thing.

[x]Join the Forums
[x]Make an Application
[x]Become Recruit
[x]Become Member
[x]Become Elite
[x]Become Veteran
[x]Become Staff
[x]Become Supporter
[x]Retire from EgN
[x]Get Kicked Out of the Clan Twice By Phillip
[x]Get Perm Banned from the Forums
[x]Become Staff Again

Central

Sibblet

Sunny<3

Social 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:21 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:42238843
Mr.GoldGames wrote:
PUBG was very popular during this time, and the rules were if your clan had large numbers, you could get a server to play on for your community. So some higher ups (name calling at this point is dumb, they know who they are)decided to change everyone to retired to make our clan member numbers go up so we look better (and by everyone, i mean even people still here have the retired rank. Go on, check your groups in your profile. You have the rank, and so did all the registered users at the time who were never in the clan to begin with.

didn't even know this was a thing lol

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:29 pm 
Co Leader
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:80046838
Mr.GoldGames wrote:
Needy wrote:

That’s practically all the more you’re able to see as a retired IIRC which is particularly why the rank isn’t needed

Followed by the fact that it’s really just a supporter rank hidden around member

The retired rank was a thing that was created in my time as a Staff member. At first we were looking for a substitute to the Supporter rank, which in my eyes was a good rank because it showed who gave their time and help to the community (it was just given way too much power, and people whined about not getting it). So we came up with the rank retired in which described people who left the community and didn't want to be apart of the clan.

Though the retired rank was abused and its meaning when it was created was distorted to give the clan an upper hand (this being one of the many reasons I stepped down from Staff). PUBG was very popular during this time, and the rules were if your clan had large numbers, you could get a server to play on for your community. So some higher ups (name calling at this point is dumb, they know who they are) decided to change everyone to retired to make our clan member numbers go up so we look better (and by everyone, i mean even people still here have the retired rank. Go on, check your groups in your profile. You have the rank, and so did all the registered users at the time who were never in the clan to begin with. Thus making people who never quit the clan/never joined, retired). So now you have a clan members number thats fake and also treating retired like shit while still considering them members. Thus making a mockery of the rank, thus making it the worst rank in the community today. The supporter idea would sound like a dream rank compared to the Retired rank.

Retired should be removed, because its intentions are toxic to this community, and it serves as a reminder of when the community would do anything to progress. If you are going to honor the people who left with a rank, make it so that they dont contribute to the success of the community, but as an honor to their service. Dont benefit from someone leaving the community, thats not the right way to think about it. It might be a minor and unnoticeable problem, but its the idea behind all of it and how it was created that bothers the hell of out me. You cant fake numbers, and it makes the community look bad when we say we almost have 700 members and no active servers.

Having 200 members and low activity on the servers will make people say "Oh wow they are unpopulated", but having close to 700 members and low activity on the servers makes people say "Yep, they died".

So yeah, retired rank needs to go or be revamped. Make the damn rank like we talked about, and not off of a hunger to grow our numbers.

We don’t care about the number boost for retirees. From my knowledge it was set back to only members before the site migration
2018 Goals for EgN

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:42 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:160181792
Mr.GoldGames wrote:
Needy wrote:

There we go a bit more support, thank you for explaining a bit Gold. We all have people in the rank we still wish would come back around, but whats the point keeping them connected when they left to go attend life or rather play in another community? And if those people ever do wanna come back, we will always encourage them to rejoin. If wearing tags are an issue then that's why we have member now.

I think its time to look at this as a fresh start for Egn. Things seem to finally be settling down from the after math that was about a month ago. We have an opportunity to try things in a different direction now.

Ignorance is bliss

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:38 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:420585158
Terminator wrote:
Quote:
The fact you clearly didn't read the post that Matt had made that I was referring to makes me not want to respond to you at all, but he made it clear that Steam and Discord would also be acceptable evidence. I'm not sure why Matt didn't do anything based off my evidence, I recall he was busy IRL at the time and didn't look to far into my PM since he was already aware of the situation. I'm assuming you won't actually go back and read the post since you didn't read it the first time but here it is.

I read the post, but let me go back to the end of mine...
What is Matt's jurisdiction to say what is and isn't allowed OUTSIDE of egn? He leads egn, he doesn't have anything to say outside of that. Sure he could ban if they break rules in or on egn services. Or even not allow people in for it but think how that looks on u lol.

To understand that u need to go to your advertisement definition. Sure advertisement is what it said there:

"The verb advertise means to publicize a service or product in order to try to get you to buy or use it"

But there are different degrees in your advertisement. U have advertisement like big companies do it (tv,YouTube,newspapers,...) U got it like small companies( flyers,maybe small newspapers) and u just got mouth to mouth advertisement. Which barely is advertisement.
Mouth to mouth goes because people like something and will then spread the word to other people. Indi likes his server better and is passing the word that he thinks his server is better. It is his server so his opinion is hugely influenced.
But I guess others think it's better aswell. But back to the advertisement. U got different degrees in advertisement, and what indi and his players would be doing is barely advertising and more like just inviting their friends to have fun.

In which i already stated that inviting your friends for fun is not wrong.

Quote:
I've already addressed the rest of this point aside from "not even possible population because I don't see any of them on egn jb". I'm not sure what you are trying to say here but if you are trying to say there is no population to steal because EgN JB is dead I don't think you understand how population works. If he advertises his server to our regulars and the core of our player base and they switch, obviously our server is going to take a hit because our main demographic is gone. The server was still pulling on average ~15 players before this and was starting to recover from the IP change and the visibility issues. If the server is 0/32 because all of the regulars are gone, nobody is going to join the server over a populated one.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/population?s=t

That is population,right there. The inhabitants/players of egn, if u putt it in context here. Now, egn doesn't have any players on JB anymore or very few. Which means there is almost 0 population to steal with "advertising". And no it's not because of indi, this is mostly because of the events before that.

Quote:
I never said this topic was strictly about GP, but the conversation you and multiple others were engaging in at the time was specifically focused on GP which is what I was referring to. Read what I said again, I never once said (or implied) this entire thread/post is specifically about GP, only the current conversation and discussion (which you were engaging in and were well aware of).

So my point of them only blaming GP still stands. That what I said there was more of a question with an answer alrdy added if u actually meant the whole topic.

Quote:
See above. It's not me "claiming it's wrong" Matt specifically said there would be zero tolerance for it, including other platforms like on Steam and Discord. I can just combat this with the same logic "just cause you think it's not wrong doesn't mean it's not wrong". Matt, the leader of this community, said it is wrong, so it is.

My logic stands by a worldwide acceptance for any civilized form of advertisement.
Matt is leader of egn, and his power is restricted to egn alone.
Which I alrdy covered.

Quote:
Both of the things that I am comparing can be boiled down to "Individual A breaks the rules by telling Individual B about a choice that Individual B can make. Individual A still did something wrong regardless how Individual B responded to the choice". The whole point of the analogy is that just because it's their choice doesn't mean the person giving them the choice isn't doing something wrong.

So u mean individual A breaks rules from somebody,in a place where that person/authority doesn't even have the power/right to putt rules? Great analogy.
Let me give u a better one. Even tho I don't like comparing egn to a country,but let's do it now.

Egn is Saudi Arabia, and no advertisement is the law in which is stated that woman can't drive a car.

Let's say indi is a woman that drives a car in America,Europe or anywhere else in the world. And then Saudi Arabia would say "no we don't allow that,u will be putt up for execution" or "we do not allow u in our country anymore"

I am certain that if something like that would happen majority of u would be like "wtf is their problem they can't do that" yet now u people say u will do the exact same.

The woman is given a choice aswell, she didn't have to drive the car. Is the government at fault because they let her have a choice?

Then later , I didn't say the complete opposite at the end.
I support the "dont advertise " rule, but I also believe that the "power" of that rules and consequences as u say it are limited to egn stuff alone. U can't bank or punish somebody for offences commuted outside of egn unless they are part of the membership in which u would be able to sanction them for breaking community rules.

Then especially this sentence is interesting.
Quote:
If they are doing something to hurt the community or against its rules, they shouldn't be welcome here.

If u want to follow up on that, ban everybody. Because everybody has used the n word atleast once (from the mature members) but u don't? Everybody has shit talked egn before.
Yio even fucking mfked, which hurts the reputation of egn. Yet I don't see u standing up to ban him or remove him.

It will always be a matter of how severe is the damage and if u really care. This time it's "really bad and harmful for egn" just because egn servers are dead atm (css that is) and because people make a drama about it. In other occasions, when egn would do rlly well,nobody would make a problem about being invited there

And if indi is also banning people for saying stuff here and on steam I disagree with that aswell. I think it's bad in any way and bad no matter who does it. I don't know why u would even bring that up. As if u think I would say I agree with it if he did it. And even if he does it ,doesn't mean egn should do it aswell.

And what part of your thing was 99% original?
The part where u say that egn needs to go to other games aswell?
The part where u say css is dying?
Not like anynody has said that we need to support the servers more,right?
No I get it now. It's the part where u call everybody up to screenshot evidence of GP trying to "steal" people away from egn and report it. Ye that has to be it. Not like Matt claimed it's against the rules of egn, and not like every staff always tells people to report rule breakers.

What u said is only what other people say/or have been saying for years just worded slightly different and then posted here to make it look like u would have an original opinion.
Let me pop your bubble right there: most people have the same opinion on things. When it comes to problems this counts even more since ussualy people who play together they experience the same stuff

You're a moron and I am glad they didn't accept your re-app. Every comment of yours is a clear troll or disregard for the topic discussion we're having. And I will never drop my beef for Prodigy until he gets banned from our servers.

Last edited by Central on Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Banned for 1 day for attacking others

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:46 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:15637141
"Please stay on topic and refrain from attacking each other or this thread will be locked, thanks" - Staff, 2019.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:54 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:95290612

so u admit to having a beef with indi and that this is purely a way for u to get him banned.
because u made this statement its clear that we can fully disregard any reply u made on this topic and consider it invalid.

to stay on topic, indi shouldn't be banned aslong as he doesnt break rules while being on EgN stuff (on forums,teamspeak,servers) because outside of EgN the admins have no "jurisdiction"
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2018

rebeler since february 2016

we all have different lifes, different problems and different paths to take.....
but what we all wonder is: would they be proud of who i am today?

Princess Strawberry: "HEY, i know everything about Denmark , OK?
Princess Strawberry: "what kind of waffles do they eat in Denmark?"
Princess Strawberry: "OH WAIT SHIT THAT'S BELGIUM"

<16:59:31> "Eclipzx_" was banned for 10 minutes from the server by "GoopSauce" (pussy much?)

*warden*: There's 1 rebeler in garage please get him
*INBREADCATS*: It's only 1 rebeler,what can he do......oh shit it's terminator i'm coming

reboobalar: "term this is your warning because i know you're just gonna rebel"
reboobalar: "fuck this, im not going to be Ct with Term on their team"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:29 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:420585158
Terminator wrote:

so u admit to having a beef with indi and that this is purely a way for u to get him banned.
because u made this statement its clear that we can fully disregard any reply u made on this topic and consider it invalid.

to stay on topic, indi shouldn't be banned aslong as he doesnt break rules while being on EgN stuff (on forums,teamspeak,servers) because outside of EgN the admins have no "jurisdiction"

My beef is legitimate. Your comments mean absolutely nothing because you're standing up for your friend which is a clear bias. I don't think any of your posts mean shit since you said that and disregarded my points that he disrespected people in our server and stole members from our community. You're not making any sense whatsoever and to be honest I can see why you can't get back into the clan and want to share your useless points.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:38 pm 
EgN Member
Elite
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:114337355
Yeah I said the same shit Sarge

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:42 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:95290612
Sarge wrote:
Terminator wrote:

My beef is legitimate. Your comments mean absolutely nothing because you're standing up for your friend which is a clear bias. I don't think any of your posts mean shit since you said that and disregarded my points that he disrespected people in our server and stole members from our community. You're not making any sense whatsoever and to be honest I can see why you can't get back into the clan and want to share your useless points.

link kinda explained what hapened there, u two going at eachother. which means both at fault.
and if u think im standing up for a friend u can't be more wrong. yes, i see indi as a friend, but i stand up for what i think. ask around with people that actually know me. i went against sly,simp,central,cooper,...
if i think somethings wrong i go for it, idc who it's against.
and ye who knows maybe i can't get back in, maybe i can. but do i actually care? xD
just think about that. also, since when dont u listen to staff+ when they ask not to disrespect people? feel like this is a bad example of how it should be done. but ye i'm not making sence whatshowever, right? clean your own shit up before u try and judge me because ill take every lil bit of ur shit up and rub it in your face just to burst your bubble.
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2018

rebeler since february 2016

we all have different lifes, different problems and different paths to take.....
but what we all wonder is: would they be proud of who i am today?

Princess Strawberry: "HEY, i know everything about Denmark , OK?
Princess Strawberry: "what kind of waffles do they eat in Denmark?"
Princess Strawberry: "OH WAIT SHIT THAT'S BELGIUM"

<16:59:31> "Eclipzx_" was banned for 10 minutes from the server by "GoopSauce" (pussy much?)

*warden*: There's 1 rebeler in garage please get him
*INBREADCATS*: It's only 1 rebeler,what can he do......oh shit it's terminator i'm coming

reboobalar: "term this is your warning because i know you're just gonna rebel"
reboobalar: "fuck this, im not going to be Ct with Term on their team"

Last edited by Central on Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Banned for 1 day [Warned to stay on topic]

New Topic Locked  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 19
 >> Next