Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:42 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:75439717
Yiggles Moto wrote:
Counter-Strike: Source wrote:
Entity name: weapon_smokegrenade

CTs should not be getting these items.

Not just from the leave secret weapons where they've spawned rule, but the playing their role as well. The CTs should be remaining with the Ts or chasing rebellers. Going out of your way to leave the Ts and hunt down the secrets in the game are not your role.

What about T's using things like the laser?

Social 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:49 pm 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:43792252
Marz145 wrote:
Yiggles Moto wrote:

Not just from the leave secret weapons where they've spawned rule, but the playing their role as well. The CTs should be remaining with the Ts or chasing rebellers. Going out of your way to leave the Ts and hunt down the secrets in the game are not your role.

Ts may use the laser. But if it turns into a problem where people start complaining (from being teamkilled) and it becomes a once every round thing, there should be a break in using it. If it is only being used to kill CTs then the T using it shouldn't be punished.
-No Pity For A Coward-
http://cdn.funnyisms.com/ecc914b3-1ce2-4aa7-8b36-992cf563121f.jpg
"im srry, i din mean it massta, lil simple is gone be a good boy massta" -Mr. Simplistic
"Your taste in music is A2+ and I like how you moto." -Needy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:04 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:70493788
Yiggles Moto wrote:
Marz145 wrote:
Yiggles Moto wrote:

Ts may use the laser. But if it turns into a problem where people start complaining (from being teamkilled) and it becomes a once every round thing, there should be a break in using it. If it is only being used to kill CTs then the T using it shouldn't be punished.

The issue is people on the server, regulars-admins, seem to believe that team killing in general is against the rules. CT's cannot team kill, however T's can. There are games designed for T's to kill each other, and people still seem to believe it's against the rules. As Yiggles said, the laser can be used, just under admin supervision.

If a different T is issuing it each round, tell everyone that the laser is off limits next round and then they will leave it alone.

If the same T is using it over and over, follow the Order of Operations in your admin guidelines. Keep in mind that you are the head honcho on the server, whatever you say goes. Don't be afraid to use the admin you paid for. Just don't be a dick about it.
Clear eyes, full hearts, cant lose. ~ Coach Eric Taylor
Creator of the Sinister Challenge.
Accidentally called the Global Chat "Network Chat" and now it's a thing.

[x]Join the Forums
[x]Make an Application
[x]Become Recruit
[x]Become Member
[x]Become Elite
[x]Become Veteran
[x]Become Staff
[x]Become Supporter
[x]Retire from EgN
[x]Get Kicked Out of the Clan Twice By Phillip
[x]Get Perm Banned from the Forums
[x]Become Staff Again

Central

Sibblet

Sunny<3

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:11 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:79036420
Since it seems that you guys don't seem to want to put this to rest;

We addressed the issue at hand, in fact, I think we made it pretty clear what the answer was. Yea this is locked, and I should probably let this die, but there's no need to either keep restating or disputing what Yiggles and I said here. If you are going to strictly interpret the rules like its the damn constitution then allow me to point one out that you missed;

9. Make a forum topic or contact an Staff or higher when the rules are unclear.

Well it seems to me this topic was made because some rules were unclear in regards to these maps, so kudos to terminator for making the topic. Well, the Staff replied and in my opinion just made these rules pretty clear. But in case you missed it, I'll say it again;

Any "secret" or "ability" or "weapon" or "vehicle" or "item" or whatever found randomly on the map and not in armory, must remain where it spawns. Period. There's nothing to dispute here. CT's can't teamkill, everybody knows that, that's not playing your role. Terrorists can teamkill, so long as it is not distrupting gameplay. Yea, it could be considered being an ass. If you're the highest admin on, great that's cool, call it being an ass, whatever, so don't let anyone teamkill on the server. That's the extent to which you can loophole that little bit that I just said, not much we can change about that without a rule change. If you don't consider it being an ass, hell, maybe you're the terrorist teamkilling your teammates, great, I don't care, but the instant someone starts to complain, and the CTs can't even give orders anymore because everybody's trying to run away and save themselves, well guess what, that's disrupting gameplay, so you're expected to put an end to that.

The rules were unclear, and we clarified them, if you don't agree, well that sucks, you should've said something at the admin meeting or hell before this thread was even posted. And let me address this too, and I'll quote it since I know everyone saw it;

Mr. Simplistic wrote:
So thats how its gonna work when i'm highest online anyway, you clowns do whatever dumb shit ya wanna do, not my problem.

If you gunna pull this and ignore what we just clarified, I will not hesitate to remove your admin. This rule works, when the rules are unclear. Well I'm pretty sure this thread just cleared up this rule hm? Use this rule for determining if using the laser is being an ass, not for a rule that we just explained.

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=24428

Star Citizen Reference Code: STAR-GK4C-BYF5

New Topic Locked  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2