>> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Merry Trollmas!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:51 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:39709905
Link wrote:
Spoiler: Show

Geeze someones going to be the Grinch this year.

I have nothing against holidays, IF YA GOT A REAL THING TO CELEBRATE FOR.
Well what do I know I don't believe in celebrating birthdays either. I mean 1 more year closer to my death! LETS PARTY!
It makes no sense. Like I said, if you are a devout christian happy holidays, cause you got a reason.
BUT THE REST OF YA KILL URSELFS.
I am also the person that gives apples out on Halloween.
Drop Out of Highschool [x]
Get a GED [x]
Drop Out of Community College [x]
Get a full University Scholarship to a respectable University[x]
Graduate [ ]
Get a job that I am wayyy under qualified for [x]
Get that one girl [ ]
Marry that one girl [ ]
??? [x]
Make miniature Silvers [ ]

Social 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:05 am 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:22040504
SilverStevie wrote:
Link wrote:

Well what do I know I don't believe in celebrating birthdays either. I mean 1 more year closer to my death! LETS PARTY!
It makes no sense. Like I said, if you are a devout christian happy holidays, cause you got a reason.

Who the fuck needs a reason to celebrate anything?
I aint religious, but I like the Holiday season because we give each gifts to show our appreciation for each other. It's a good time to see family you havne't seen in a while, maybe they moved away and you don't speak to them as much.

It's also a good time for charitys, as they get a lot of donations this time of the year, especially where I live it gets cold here quick, so the people who need it really need it around this time.

Not to mention it helps the economy with everyone buying things, it may seem superficial, but fuck, what isn't.

How SilverStevie stole Christmas, an EgN Christmas story.

I'll be the ghost of x-mas future, who wants to be the present and the past?
Gonna revise your Levi's with physical harm
Put divets in the rivets with my physical arm
Gonna beat those jeans, gonna dip em in slime
Turn your 501s into 499s

The Senate: Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis The Wise?
Anakin: No
The Senate: I thought not. It’s not a story the Jedi would tell you. It’s a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life… He had such a knowledge of the dark side, he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying.
Anakin: He could actually save people from death?
The Senate: The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.
Anakin: What happened to him?
The Senate: He became so powerful… the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Ironic. He could save others from death, but not himself.
Anakin: Is it possible to learn this power?
The Senate: Not from a Jedi.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:36 am 
EgN Member
CharlieKelly wrote:
SilverStevie wrote:
Link wrote:

Who the fuck needs a reason to celebrate anything?
I aint religious, but I like the Holiday season because we give each gifts to show our appreciation for each other. It's a good time to see family you havne't seen in a while, maybe they moved away and you don't speak to them as much.

It's also a good time for charitys, as they get a lot of donations this time of the year, especially where I live it gets cold here quick, so the people who need it really need it around this time.

Not to mention it helps the economy with everyone buying things, it may seem superficial, but fuck, what isn't.

How SilverStevie stole Christmas, an EgN Christmas story.

I'll be the ghost of x-mas future, who wants to be the present and the past?

So you should only appreciate each other during the holidays? If I buy my mother a gift for mothers day, she would murder me. That shows you care so little about someone that you need a fucking holiday to appreciate them. And the thing about charities are again showing everyone how shitty they are. YOU DO NOT NEED A REASON TO BUY A HOMELESS GUY A MEAL. IF YOU NORMALLY DONATE ONLY DURING THE HOLIDAYS I HAVE SOMETHING TO TELL YOU: you are not trying to help. The only reason you are helping is to show off. Right now go out and buy a homeless guy a sandwich if you want to really help.
And do not start with the economy bullshit. Again it all ties into this bullshit holiday. If holidays did not exist, the holiday spending would just be spread out.
I am not a grumpy person, i am just anti holidays
Get a GED [x]
Graduate [ ]
Get that one girl [ ]
Marry that one girl [ ]
??? [x]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:08 am 
EgN Member
Elder
SilverStevie wrote:
So you should only appreciate each other during the holidays? If I buy my mother a gift for mothers day, she would murder me. That shows you care so little about someone that you need a fucking holiday to appreciate them. And the thing about charities are again showing everyone how shitty they are. YOU DO NOT NEED A REASON TO BUY A HOMELESS GUY A MEAL. IF YOU NORMALLY DONATE ONLY DURING THE HOLIDAYS I HAVE SOMETHING TO TELL YOU: you are not trying to help. The only reason you are helping is to show off. Right now go out and buy a homeless guy a sandwich if you want to really help.
And do not start with the economy bullshit. Again it all ties into this bullshit holiday. If holidays did not exist, the holiday spending would just be spread out.
I am not a grumpy person, i am just anti holidays

I appreciate my family all the time, I just show it more on the Holidays by giving them gifts and coming together. I have a big family, and they all do their own things (you know, their SO's and their family need time too, and their friends), so the Holiday season gives everyone a reason to come together. Of course we speak and keep in contact throughout the whole year, but when everyone lives in different cities in towns, it's nice to see each other in person and catch up, much better than a telephone call. I know you're gonna say nothing is stopping you from going in March, but I think my sister would say "wtf are you doing" if I just showed up on the weekend to "catch up", despite being family, she has her own life with her husband and their friends. Obviously I could speak in advance, but that's besides the point.

Your mother would reject a gift, just because it's given on a specific day? How unappreciative is she of you? My mother would be appalled if I said "wow mom, thanks for nothing just because its my birthday you give me a gift, you don't love me". That's not how real life works.

Once again, yes, you should help people out when you can, but everyone has their own problems. What if I lost my job earlier in the year and I'm living month to month? I still may give in the Holiday season if it means I don't have a luxury for a few days, it's just a time to reflect on those with less than you, and to help them.

You can't just generalize everything to "you should just be good all the time", because we can't be, for one reason or another. In a perfect world Holdiays aren't good, but unforunatly we don't live i na perfect world, and I would think that anyone receiving anything in the Holiday season is gonna appreciate it.

At any rate, who the fuck cares if someone is doing it to look better, they are still giving, and that is all the matters.
Turn your 501s into 499s

The Senate: I thought not. It’s not a story the Jedi would tell you. It’s a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life… He had such a knowledge of the dark side, he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying.
The Senate: The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.
The Senate: He became so powerful… the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Ironic. He could save others from death, but not himself.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:30 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:70493788
Things you need to know about SilverStevie: He doesn't give a fuck, he hates holidays, and he's a douchebag. But he's cool sometimes and knows some stuff. <3
Clear eyes, full hearts, cant lose. ~ Coach Eric Taylor
Creator of the Sinister Challenge.
Accidentally called the Global Chat "Network Chat" and now it's a thing.

[x]Join the Forums
[x]Make an Application
[x]Become Recruit
[x]Become Member
[x]Become Elite
[x]Become Veteran
[x]Become Staff
[x]Become Supporter
[x]Retire from EgN
[x]Get Kicked Out of the Clan Twice By Phillip
[x]Get Perm Banned from the Forums
[x]Become Staff Again

Central

Sibblet

Sunny<3

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:15 pm 
EgN Member
CharlieKelly wrote:
I appreciate my family all the time, I just show it more on the Holidays by giving them gifts and coming together. I have a big family, and they all do their own things (you know, their SO's and their family need time too, and their friends), so the Holiday season gives everyone a reason to come together. Of course we speak and keep in contact throughout the whole year, but when everyone lives in different cities in towns, it's nice to see each other in person and catch up, much better than a telephone call. I know you're gonna say nothing is stopping you from going in March, but I think my sister would say "wtf are you doing" if I just showed up on the weekend to "catch up", despite being family, she has her own life with her husband and their friends. Obviously I could speak in advance, but that's besides the point.

Your mother would reject a gift, just because it's given on a specific day? How unappreciative is she of you? My mother would be appalled if I said "wow mom, thanks for nothing just because its my birthday you give me a gift, you don't love me". That's not how real life works.

Once again, yes, you should help people out when you can, but everyone has their own problems. What if I lost my job earlier in the year and I'm living month to month? I still may give in the Holiday season if it means I don't have a luxury for a few days, it's just a time to reflect on those with less than you, and to help them.

You can't just generalize everything to "you should just be good all the time", because we can't be, for one reason or another. In a perfect world Holdiays aren't good, but unforunatly we don't live i na perfect world, and I would think that anyone receiving anything in the Holiday season is gonna appreciate it.

At any rate, who the fuck cares if someone is doing it to look better, they are still giving, and that is all the matters.

Holidays give you an excuse to not care the rest of the year, its not an excuse to catch up. ANYWHERE ELSE BESIDES EUROPE/USA THAT IS HOW IT IS. I can call my cousin up anytime and go. Here is a recent converstion from my third-cousin-once-removed: "You should come to Istanbul this weekend and visit us(Note:It will take me 20hrs by bus to go there)." "Nah, I am too busy here with a project." You accuse me of being a grinch, when in reallity I just act like 90% of the world and don't need excuses to be nice to people. So yall can fuck off and continue living in denial that you are all good people and that you shouldn't care about each other except during the holidays. *Drops mic*
Get a GED [x]
Graduate [ ]
Get that one girl [ ]
Marry that one girl [ ]
??? [x]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:01 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Silver Stevie, #1 Grinch!
Turn your 501s into 499s

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:16 pm 
EgN Member
CharlieKelly wrote:

CharlieKelly, rest of the Americans and Europeans, #1 Horrible People who do not know how to be a decent human being!
Get a GED [x]
Graduate [ ]
Get that one girl [ ]
Marry that one girl [ ]
??? [x]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:54 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
SilverStevie wrote:
CharlieKelly wrote:

CharlieKelly, rest of the Americans and Europeans, #1 Horrible People who do not know how to be a decent human being!

Still better than literally being the Grinch

Good to know good SilverStevies can take the opinion of one person and apply it to multiple countries, that's having an open mind.
Turn your 501s into 499s

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:56 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:70493788
SilverStevie wrote:
CharlieKelly wrote:

arent you European you cuck?
Clear eyes, full hearts, cant lose. ~ Coach Eric Taylor
Creator of the Sinister Challenge.
Accidentally called the Global Chat "Network Chat" and now it's a thing.

[x]Join the Forums
[x]Make an Application
[x]Become Recruit
[x]Become Member
[x]Become Elite
[x]Become Veteran
[x]Become Staff
[x]Become Supporter
[x]Retire from EgN
[x]Get Kicked Out of the Clan Twice By Phillip
[x]Get Perm Banned from the Forums
[x]Become Staff Again