1, 2, 3
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Laser
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:46 am 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:45881423
These guys are god damn terrorists, rapists, and murderers on death row. Murdering everything one they can is definitely them role playing

Social 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:57 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:43935735
Mr. Simplistic wrote:
Murdering everything one they can is definitely them role playing

Understandable, yet, it's still being an asshole.

“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?”

- Albert Einstein

Targets for EgN:
1. Join EgN [x] [Acheived 19/12/15 {Recruit stage}]
2. Become a Member [x] [Acheived 26/12/15]
2.5 Become an Admin [x] [Achevied 24/1/16]
3. Become an Elite [x] [Acheived 27/2/16]
4. Become a Veteran [x] [Acheived 18/12/16]
5. Become a Staff [ ]
6. Become an Advisor [ ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:58 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Mr Majestic wrote:
Mr. Simplistic wrote:

Thats playing to win son, taking out the competition on the leader board. Yall just sad cuz you dont know how to out bhop a Lazer so u just tryin to h8

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:32 pm 
EgN Member
Elite
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19547824
Mr Majestic wrote:
Mr. Simplistic wrote:

if they are to play their role as a prisoner, then in character they are permitted to do assholeish things that a prisoner would do. even if he was the last t alive, he could either...

A. be pardoned and granted lr
B. marked as a rebeller and have the KOS order placed on him
C. the guards will get killed by the laser

I fully understand why it would fall under the "dont be an asshole" rule, however, this would mostly fall under the highest ranking admin who is on the server's decision. if he feels that team killing is being dickish, then he can respond as such. If he feels there is nothing wrong with it, then that's the end of the story.

The easiest way to resolve this is to simply have a "no team killing" rule. the problem is, we rarely ever go on a map where team killing is even an option. the only known examples I am aware of are...

The laser
the elevator on canyon dam (jumping on a persons head while the elevator goes up)
"Well before your time sport."
"Addoroth will rise again!"
Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:15 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Nickolas Magnus wrote:
Mr Majestic wrote:
Mr. Simplistic wrote:

if they are to play their role as a prisoner, then in character they are permitted to do assholeish things that a prisoner would do. even if he was the last t alive, he could either...

I fully understand why it would fall under the "dont be an asshole" rule, however, this would mostly fall under the highest ranking admin who is on the server's decision. if he feels that team killing is being dickish, then he can respond as such. If he feels there is nothing wrong with it, then that's the end of the story.

The easiest way to resolve this is to simply have a "no team killing" rule. the problem is, we rarely ever go on a map where team killing is even an option. the only known examples I am aware of are...

The laser
the elevator on canyon dam (jumping on a persons head while the elevator goes up)

tell em nick

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:50 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:43935735
Nickolas Magnus wrote:
Mr Majestic wrote:
Mr. Simplistic wrote:

The laser

100% agree. Guess someone should bring this up next admin meeting.

“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?”

- Albert Einstein

Targets for EgN:
1. Join EgN [x] [Acheived 19/12/15 {Recruit stage}]
2. Become a Member [x] [Acheived 26/12/15]
2.5 Become an Admin [x] [Achevied 24/1/16]
3. Become an Elite [x] [Acheived 27/2/16]
4. Become a Veteran [x] [Acheived 18/12/16]
5. Become a Staff [ ]
6. Become an Advisor [ ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:53 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:433420658
In a real life prison the guards are responsible for not only keeping the prisoner but also making sure no harm comes to them. Example suicides or stabings. Other prisoners stab other prisoners so why is this laser a big deal? The cts should be responsible for executing a plan to remove as many t's from harm and also handling the t in laser.

Lead Inspector at EgN Inquisitorial Squad

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:58 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:42551787
Mr Majestic wrote:
Spoiler: Show

Not really, we don't have friendly fir on the server so there is no need for that rule. IMO: this does indeed falls under the don't be and asshole rule. Because for me the first thing going through my head if I get team killed will be "what an asshole"... It's a pretty dickish move to kill your own team therefore I say it does indeed fall under the "don't be an asshole" rule.

But then again that's just my opinion.
Vivre la vie!

ACT OF VALOR
In valor there is hope

Rudeness is a weak man's imitation of strength
- Eric Hoffer

We buy things we don't need, with money we don't have, to impress people we don't like.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:37 pm 
EgN Member
Elite
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19547824
Bourne wrote:
Mr Majestic wrote:

Not really, we don't have friendly fir on the server so there is no need for that rule. IMO: this does indeed falls under the don't be and asshole rule. Because for me the first thing going through my head if I get team killed will be "what an asshole"... It's a pretty dickish move to kill your own team therefore I say it does indeed fall under the "don't be an asshole" rule.

but then the phrase "what an asshole" becomes subjective. because as you can see him as an asshole, I can see him as a prisoner playing his role by using a secret hidden weapon powered by bullshit to kill either the guards or the cellmate who decided to take a in depth gander as his ass.

so this goes back to "under highest ranking admin who is current on the server's discretion." since everyone has differing views to playing role over being an asshole.

one thing that get me in the worst spot is meta gaming. this isnt a major thing in the server, but every time a t "bloodhounds" it just makes me cringe. because as a prisoner, they would'nt have a mini map mounted to the upper left hand of their gaze.
"Well before your time sport."
"Addoroth will rise again!"
Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:23 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:17614766
Bourne wrote:
Mr Majestic wrote:

the only reason i see so far is that its "being an asshole" which is a really general rule that can be applied to almost anything that normally happens on a JB server. CT orders parkour for lr. I cant parkour. what an asshole. A T lies in teamchat about rushing and gets me killed cuz i rush alone. what an asshole. CT orders first reaction last reaction and doesnt tell me i can refuse and kills me for losing. what an asshole. rebel T kills warden on a joke day and i didnt tell my joke yet. what an asshole. Another player stole my lennys. what an asshole. Most of the stuff CT do to pick off early in the round would be considered being an asshole.

terrorists kill terrorists. its not being an asshole. its called being a terrorist. when youre thinking "what an asshole" you're more mad at the fact that u died than it being a T who killed you; had it been a CT that killed you with a gun for misunderstanding an order or opinionated game, u would still think "what an asshole". what ur really mad at is urself for being in that position and ur priorities as a T on outer_space. If u were a badass fuckin terrorist locked up and kept away in space where u knew a giant laser kills everything and can be accessed by anyone, why would u follow orders or be around main cell area knowing other players are on their way. why would u not wanna be the one thats in their killing everyone else.

now from a rules standpoint
CT cant use Lightsaber/laser/secrets and CT on T head in elevator is still baiting. being that we dont have friendly fire and theres no rule for that, it would also imply that hurting teammates is not an option. therefore laser/lightsaber/elevator were only meant to kill the CT if used by a T but not the other way around. Based on the logic that those props are made for T to kill CT, when the map allows T to prop kill another T, its a glitch/exploit. until u establish a rule like "Do not exploit map glitches" theres no way to stop T from teamkilling besides calling them an asshole. it would also prevent issues such as 1)Ts blocking their teammates under doors and getting them crushed and 2) people pressing vending machine to teleport the other T around the area to get them killed. the problem with doing this is ur taking away what little fun is left of jailbreak and turning it into a Safe Space. Ur also creating more work for JB admins to deal with just because a bunch of whiny kids couldnt make it into laser first or jump ontop of the other T head in elevator first. 11/10 times i kill a whole bunch of T as a T using laser, I see them trying to do the same thing the next round to everyone else.
1. Join EgN [ X ]
2. Become a Faggot [ X ]

New Topic Post Reply  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3
 >> Next