>> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:06 am 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:45881423
Terminator wrote:
Plugin isnt needed
As needy said just fire the Arden if he hogs it and let somebody else take it if they want to. If nobody else wants it then why bother with it?
A plugin where u give 5sec delay for a person to take warden will only cause rebeling and even more freekilling in my opinion.
Like... cells opened by a T and Dr can't give orders in till they r warden. In that case the Ts will just rebel and get away and the round is pretty much ruined.
Also if u putt the plugin there it's just another thug that can cause problems and that might break everything.

if no one else wants warden its obviously not a problem. like really no one is saying it is. a 2-3 second delay would not disrupt gameplay in anyway. if they can make they can make it they cant they cant.

either way does'it bother me tho i can just report or admin ppl who hog it now.

Social 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:15 am 
Community Leader
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:84775876
Location: l: 179° 56′ 39.4″, b: +0° 2′ 46.2″, d: 7,940 ± 420 parsecs, from Via Lactea galactic center.
Spelling bee for warden

First one to type "!<random word>" gets warden!
Been there, done that. No regrets, never give up on what's important. Prioritize. Happiness is all that matters.
I really like meowers but can't own any for the time being. Image

Software Developer with a fondness for Python & UE4.
🐱‍👤

ImageImageImage
Interested in Star Citizen? - Use STAR-PZ6J-4C62 and get us both some cool extras :3

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:27 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26625467
Another thing to take notice is if someone takes warden, they shortly die after the round starts and next round they don't even get to try again. That's actually unfair to the person who went CT. So I see more harm being done with this plugin.
Praise the Sun and Call Out of Cells Freeze.
Spoiler: Show

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:40 am 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:45881423
Sunbro Solaire wrote:
Another thing to take notice is if someone takes warden, they shortly die after the round starts and next round they don't even get to try again. That's actually unfair to the person who went CT. So I see more harm being done with this plugin.

dude how are you saying this. you are DS player. if they die in the start then they just have to git gud. but honestly its just a 3 seconds delay thats gives someone else a chance. worst case they have to let someone else be warden for one round then they can be warden again.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:01 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:22218476
Things are fine the way they are I think. if an admin is on, just @ them and ask for intervention. Suggest if people want to get in on a warden hog they message an admin who's on who can take care of it. If you are an admin, well you should know how to handle it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:04 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:12238457
Could you set up the plugin to work as a queued system, perhaps? Simplistic is warden, I'm a CT, I type !w and I am entered into the plugin automatically to take warden at the start of the next round.

Could you program it so nobody can ever be warden two rounds running? The only exception being that they can claim it at the start of the round when nobody else has queued themselves.

Or is this a bad idea? :P

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:15 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26625467
Quote:
dude how are you saying this. you are DS player. if they die in the start then they just have to git gud. but honestly its just a 3 seconds delay thats gives someone else a chance. worst case they have to let someone else be warden for one round then they can be warden again.

Hahahah, nice. Yeah that's true, and it's not directed towards me because I usually can outlast the round to LR most of the time, unless it's Razor. Fuck Razor.
Praise the Sun and Call Out of Cells Freeze.
Spoiler: Show

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:54 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:23228291
Mootinie wrote:
Could you set up the plugin to work as a queued system, perhaps? Simplistic is warden, I'm a CT, I type !w and I am entered into the plugin automatically to take warden at the start of the next round.

Could you program it so nobody can ever be warden two rounds running? The only exception being that they can claim it at the start of the round when nobody else has queued themselves.

To be honest I just lurk here now. It's definitely possible to carry stuff over like that, but as always, people don't care about variety. If we added !warden they wouldn't be able to rush their macros and yell over people to get warden.

Sadly the idea of adding any programming to improve a system on a server is usually frowned upon if the community is given a choice in the matter at all. I understand the frustration of change, but I don't understand the bullish ideology of the masses to hinder progress in the name of nostalgia.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:55 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:150625838
Siberiac wrote:
Mootinie wrote:

To be honest I just lurk here now. It's definitely possible to carry stuff over like that, but as always, people don't care about variety. If we added !warden they wouldn't be able to rush their macros and yell over people to get warden.

Sadly the idea of adding any programming to improve a system on a server is usually frowned upon if the community is given a choice in the matter at all. I understand the frustration of change, but I don't understand the bullish ideology of the masses to hinder progress in the name of nostalgia.

We actually have !w now to choose a warden :P
To all the the ladies, peace, and humptiness.

ask me about film, novels, fashion, cinematography, and/or music & you'll have my ear for hours

Doldol 🐾: I'm a Hyper Nova
Doldol 🐾: Kharn can be a
Doldol 🐾: Super Massive Black Hole
EgN-S| Needy: lmao
Doldol 🐾: xD
EgN-S| Needy: dude idk why, but i thought you were going to say super massive black cocc
Doldol 🐾: You can be a
Doldol 🐾: LOL
Doldol 🐾: nono thatd then be micro astroid
Doldol 🐾: or so ive heard
EgN-S| Needy: Like he's just one big degenerate penus
Doldol 🐾: ROFL
Doldol 🐾: IK
Doldol 🐾: xd

her favourite colour was yellow

Smiley: yes, I have a job now so I can be the breadwinner of the household and you can just relax to Rex all day :)

life goals
[  ] become legend before mootinie
[  ] get 10,000 post before mutiny
[  ] marry smiley

Tricky: i don't think any of the staff+ are here to slap their e-penis on you

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:47 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21855300
The "no one taking warden" could be fixed with a plugin have on alot of different servers, where it's assigned to someone randomly if its not taken. If no one is willing to take warden and it's given to someone that can't give orders, they should be swapped.
Snapchat: Rozavelt

New Topic Post Reply  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4
 >> Next