Register
Login 

New Topic Post Reply  [ 8 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:22 pm 
Community Leader
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:84775876
Location: l: 179° 56′ 39.4″, b: +0° 2′ 46.2″, d: 7,940 ± 420 parsecs, from Via Lactea galactic center.
Quote:
1. Keep your critiques of anything, but especially of private figures and online communities constructive.
2. Tolerate a person’s identity. Don’t discriminate or harass people, no character assassination. Do not condone any of this.
3. Only creative insults that keep in line with all other rules are allowed
4. Do not make malicious or duplicitous statements
5. Do not disclose private information of anyone, except for your own social media, name and pictures of yourself. Do not force or attempt to persuade anyone to disclose even this.
6. Do not reference malicious webpages in any way.
7. Do not post the URL or IP or mention with the primary goal the advertisement of anything that competes with this community.
8. Only one account per person per service is allowed within this community. (e.g. Jack may use 1 Discord, 1 Steam and 1 forum account. Jack may not use 2 Discord accounts)
9. Don’t spam.
10. Do not attempt to bypass text filters.
11. Media consisting of the display of intimate body parts or graphic violence are not allowed to be posted or referenced.
12. Animated media may not contain excessive flickering.
13. Your nickname must comply with these rules
14. Don’t do or reference anything considered illegal under federal law in the EU, the USA or Canada.
15. (Assisting in) purposefully gaining unauthorised access, or gaining unauthorised access without immediately notifying Staff and not using this access is a permanent, never unban ban.
16. We ordain cats are cute, you may not disagree.

Please familiarize yourself with them, these are the rules that will govern us from now on.

:3
Been there, done that. No regrets, never give up on what's important. Prioritize. Happiness is all that matters.
I really like meowers but can't own any for the time being. Image

Software Developer with a fondness for Python & UE4.
🐱‍👤

ImageImageImage
Interested in Star Citizen? - Use STAR-PZ6J-4C62 and get us both some cool extras :3

Social 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:23 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:47477194
I'm gonna have to get banned, I hate cats, only certain cats are ok. but most cats are terrible. Dogs are better
<3 peace be with y'all EgN beauties and remember Why So Serious about life? Live while you can. :)
Spoiler: Show

"If someone wants to fist me..." - Mr.GoldGames
"Calm Down Snapchat" - Everyone
Debuted Roast King!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:24 pm 
Community Leader
Legend
Location: l: 179° 56′ 39.4″, b: +0° 2′ 46.2″, d: 7,940 ± 420 parsecs, from Via Lactea galactic center.
Y S0 S3R10US wrote:
I'm gonna have to get banned, I hate cats, only certain cats are ok. but most cats are terrible. Dogs are better

You might hate them, but you just can't deny they are cute, righttttt?
Been there, done that. No regrets, never give up on what's important. Prioritize. Happiness is all that matters.

🐱‍👤

ImageImageImage
Interested in Star Citizen? - Use STAR-PZ6J-4C62 and get us both some cool extras :3

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:26 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:47477194
Doldol wrote:
Y S0 S3R10US wrote:

Most are ugly

Compared to Dogs:

<3 peace be with y'all EgN beauties and remember Why So Serious about life? Live while you can. :)
Spoiler: Show

"If someone wants to fist me..." - Mr.GoldGames
"Calm Down Snapchat" - Everyone
Debuted Roast King!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:26 pm 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:43792252
Y S0 S3R10US wrote:
Doldol wrote:
Y S0 S3R10US wrote:

Most are ugly

Compared to Dogs:

As an avid dog lover, you could have picked a much better representation... but still cute
-No Pity For A Coward-
http://cdn.funnyisms.com/ecc914b3-1ce2-4aa7-8b36-992cf563121f.jpg
"im srry, i din mean it massta, lil simple is gone be a good boy massta" -Mr. Simplistic
"Your taste in music is A2+ and I like how you moto." -Needy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:15 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:42238843
"Jack may not use 2 Discord accounts"

I'm gonna be real with you Doldol, you aren't going to be able to police people and how many social media accounts they have. If you try to, you'll likely end up pissing people off or people will just hide them altogether. It's not fair to make people agree to something like this just because they're in an online community Unless someone having more than one social media account is directly influencing you or your community, it should be allowed in my opinion. And yes here comes the "but it's about the community and not about ur social media", well then reword the guideline so it doesn't sound like you're policing people; such as "You may only have one account affiliated with EgN at one time, 1 Discord/Forums Account/Steam Account/etc."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:44 pm 
Community Leader
Legend
Lyriati wrote:
"Jack may not use 2 Discord accounts"

I'm gonna be real with you Doldol, you aren't going to be able to police people and how many social media accounts they have. If you try to, you'll likely end up pissing people off or people will just hide them altogether. It's not fair to make people agree to something like this just because they're in an online community Unless someone having more than one social media account is directly influencing you or your community, it should be allowed in my opinion. And yes here comes the "but it's about the community and not about ur social media", well then reword the guideline so it doesn't sound like you're policing people; such as "You may only have one account affiliated with EgN at one time, 1 Discord/Forums Account/Steam Account/etc."

Maybe it needs clarification, but the idea is that perms will only be assigned to one account.

I don't intend to outright ban people for joining discord on a different account, but we won't be assigning them privileges the other account has, mainly because this poses a security risk (how to 100% verify Jack actually owns the account?)
I considered having the rule as multiple accounts need to all be linked, but that is technically expensive/complicated.

Plus when Staff+ decides to limit someone's access for valid reasons, we don't want this to be wildly ineffective because everyone has multiple accounts.
When I click award "1 Year Veteran" I would like it to be properly granted and represented wherever this person goes. Same with when I click ban for 1 week I would like for this person to be banned 1 week and not have to ban him longer b/c he ban evaded which we made easy.

Also I don't get how your suggestion improves the rule, I think the original one is more succinct clear and to the point, I don't think it's the job of rules to try and smooth over behaviour, they're supposed to be clear since they are what tells you what rights you have and what you may and may not do, which is important for people to understand so they do not feel unjustly moderated.

I think this is reasonable and the best course of action, right? Feel free to disagree and explain!

And also yes if it wasn't clear, your instagram isn't affiliated with EgN so we don't care how many you have.

🐱‍👤

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:39 am 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:42238843
Doldol wrote:
*insert past post here*

I'm content with this explanation, thank you for giving it.

New Topic Post Reply  [ 8 posts ]