1, 2, 3
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: CSS OR CSGO JB?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:31 pm 
Community Leader
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:84775876
Location: l: 179° 56′ 39.4″, b: +0° 2′ 46.2″, d: 7,940 ± 420 parsecs, from Via Lactea galactic center.
Which one would you prefer and why? Please discuss!

CSS JB is easier to get into both with having a previous JB CSS server in the game, and it's easier to write plugins for the game.

CSGO JB has failed a couple times for EgN before, but it has more people playing JB actively than CSS

I'm thinking to run a CSS server to develop mods on because it's what I know best, then when we have that core gameplay in, move to CSGO. If the CSS server picks up cool, we'll keep it but also run CSGO, if CSS doesn't pick up, that's ok CSGO is the goal.

I don't really see any downsides to this, since this will get a working server up faster and still builds towards a CSGO server. What do you guys think?

Edited April 10 by Doldol
Been there, done that. No regrets, never give up on what's important. Prioritize. Happiness is all that matters.
I really like meowers but can't own any for the time being. Image

Software Developer with a fondness for Python & UE4.
🐱‍👤

ImageImageImage
Interested in Star Citizen? - Use STAR-PZ6J-4C62 and get us both some cool extras :3

Social 
 Post subject: Re: CSS OR CSGO JB?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:32 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:11765093
Csgo jb. It provides a new outlet to rebuild this place

"Who I am is not important, my message is." - Revan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:33 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:95290612
On 4/7/2019 at 1:40 PM, GoopSauce said:
Csgo jb. It provides a new outlet to rebuild this place

Have to agree with this.

No future for egn on css
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2018

rebeler since february 2016

we all have different lifes, different problems and different paths to take.....
but what we all wonder is: would they be proud of who i am today?

Princess Strawberry: "HEY, i know everything about Denmark , OK?
Princess Strawberry: "what kind of waffles do they eat in Denmark?"
Princess Strawberry: "OH WAIT SHIT THAT'S BELGIUM"

<16:59:31> "Eclipzx_" was banned for 10 minutes from the server by "GoopSauce" (pussy much?)

*warden*: There's 1 rebeler in garage please get him
*INBREADCATS*: It's only 1 rebeler,what can he do......oh shit it's terminator i'm coming

reboobalar: "term this is your warning because i know you're just gonna rebel"
reboobalar: "fuck this, im not going to be Ct with Term on their team"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:34 pm 
Community Leader
Legend
Location: l: 179° 56′ 39.4″, b: +0° 2′ 46.2″, d: 7,940 ± 420 parsecs, from Via Lactea galactic center.
On 4/7/2019 at 1:47 PM, Terminator said:
Have to agree with this.

No future for egn on css

I'm a little confused. You mean specifically for EgN or for communities in general?
Been there, done that. No regrets, never give up on what's important. Prioritize. Happiness is all that matters.

🐱‍👤

ImageImageImage
Interested in Star Citizen? - Use STAR-PZ6J-4C62 and get us both some cool extras :3

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:34 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:95290612
On 4/7/2019 at 1:53 PM, Doldol said:
I'm a little confused. You mean specifically for EgN or for communities in general?

Kinda both.

First place for egn since none of the people here or still connected to egn have friends that play css, which would be a big advantage to get people in on the server.

And communities in general, not because css is a dying game but because as proven here people move on with lives, people play new games make new friends and change things up a bit. Most of the commited players have the regular server they go to. And the servers that would attract the flouting people I doubt there are players that join communities and donate to help fund and such.

But to be clear it wouldn't hurt to try for egn, but u need a group of friends to play it on a nearly daily base to help build up a regulars population if u get what I mean
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2018

rebeler since february 2016

we all have different lifes, different problems and different paths to take.....
but what we all wonder is: would they be proud of who i am today?

Princess Strawberry: "HEY, i know everything about Denmark , OK?
Princess Strawberry: "what kind of waffles do they eat in Denmark?"
Princess Strawberry: "OH WAIT SHIT THAT'S BELGIUM"

<16:59:31> "Eclipzx_" was banned for 10 minutes from the server by "GoopSauce" (pussy much?)

*warden*: There's 1 rebeler in garage please get him
*INBREADCATS*: It's only 1 rebeler,what can he do......oh shit it's terminator i'm coming

reboobalar: "term this is your warning because i know you're just gonna rebel"
reboobalar: "fuck this, im not going to be Ct with Term on their team"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:35 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:72199061
CSGO JB

Source is seeing a steady decline in population and is currently averaging ~4000 players (https://steamcharts.com/app/240#1m), with the median probably being closer to ~2500-3000.

Since I don't know the exact median (which would be more accurate because the average is thrown off by a few odd days where the population jumps up to 6000-8000 every once in a while) and we'll use 4000 for example sake. Let's assume half of them speak English, so 2000 (probably less tbh with the large number of French, Russians, etc.). We would also need to factor in the number of people interested in playing jailbreak or other "community" modes, but since this would be hard to measure let's leave it at 2000.

CSGO, on the other hand, averages around 380,000 average people and peaks at nearly 700,000 players (https://steamcharts.com/app/730). There's the argument for CSGO as well that the majority of the people don't speak English or only play for competitive, but even a humble 1% (which is probably much less than the actual number) is still 3800, still more than CSS. Although that may not seem very impressive, it is safe to say that more than 1% are English speakers interested in community servers. My point is, even if only 1% of the CSGO population was apart of our "target audience", it would still be a larger audience than CSS. 10% would be 38000 and 20% would be 76000, and this is only on average, not accounting for the fact the game can peak at nearly twice the population (10000% of the population of CSS at it's peak).

You also have to account for the fact CSGO is getting constantly updated and has the potential to consistently bring in new players, while CSS can't.

There is obviously a lot more that goes into it, but statistically, there is much more room for us to succeed in CSGO than CSS. We are comfortable in CSS, but it is much more reasonable to try to start fresh in CSGO than CSS.

Edited April 7 by Cooper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:36 pm 
Community Leader
Legend
On 4/7/2019 at 2:03 PM, Terminator said:
Kinda both.

First place for egn since none of the people here or still connected to egn have friends that play css, which would be a big advantage to get people in on the server.

And communities in general, not because css is a dying game but because as proven here people move on with lives, people play new games make new friends and change things up a bit. Most of the commited players have the regular server they go to. And the servers that would attract the flouting people I doubt there are players that join communities and donate to help fund and such.

But to be clear it wouldn't hurt to try for egn, but u need a group of friends to play it on a nearly daily base to help build up a regulars population if u get what I mean

That's fair, thank you for your feedback

🐱‍👤

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:38 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:47477194
I would have to say CSGO, much more popular than CSS.
<3 peace be with y'all EgN beauties and remember Why So Serious about life? Live while you can. :)
Spoiler: Show

"If someone wants to fist me..." - Mr.GoldGames
"Calm Down Snapchat" - Everyone
Debuted Roast King!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:38 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:145744030
Did someone say CS: GO JailBreak? http://elevatedgaming.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=29582

Definitely CS: GO. Just please don't make it one of those servers with the whole warden menu malarky, capitulate, free day, and so on. Vanilla JailBreak is a whole lot better in my opinion. The less unnecessary plug-ins, the better. A store is alright though.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:39 pm 
Co Leader
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:80046838
On 4/7/2019 at 7:57 PM, Fsjal said:
Did someone say CS: GO JailBreak? http://elevatedgaming.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=29582

Definitely CS: GO. Just please don't make it one of those servers with the whole warden menu malarky, capitulate, free day, and so on. Vanilla JailBreak is a whole lot better in my opinion. The less unnecessary plug-ins, the better. A store is alright though.

That’s a fair opinion. Will take note of this if we go down the CSGO route first.

Thanks for the feedback :2

Edited April 7 by Tricky
2018 Goals for EgN

New Topic Post Reply  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3
 >> Next