New Topic Post Reply  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 

Options
Poll ended at Fri May 25, 2018 4:10 pm
Keep RTD how it is currently 36%  36%  [ 17 ]
Remove weapons / guns from RTD (full gear may not be included) new features would be included to replace the weapon rolls 55%  55%  [ 26 ]
Add a new RTD mod with new features (with guns / weapons) 9%  9%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 47
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:08 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:10184273
dj7joke wrote:
Don't see why people are trying to alter the RTD plugin. Unfairness is part of the fun! The unexpected plot twist and elements... they just make the game more entertaining. The way I see it, is that the problem is not with the plugin. The problem is the people who get super salty after getting killed because "unfair" instead of laughing it off... I mean look at all these games out there, giving people with a higher level stronger equipment, while the low levels have to climb their way to attain better equipment. It is really the same scenario, only difference is that one is random the other is not. If people would be less salty and more chill, then they won't be complaining about the plugin, no? It is just like when people were complaining about CTs having 115 hp on jailbreak... EgN servers are EgN servers because of what they are, not what people want them to be. That is my uptake. tsmile

OOO yaa I forgot Geting shot in the back of the head with a m429 on a bhop level is suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuppppper fun.....WHAT THE FUCK EVER....TAKE THE GUNS OUT OF IT AND ALL WILL BE WELL
In secret Dyno is actually my biggest fan. He wont leave me alone

Social 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:52 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:160181792
Pro Hop wrote:
Dj7Joke-
Spoiler: Show

You don't play minigames, Neither does 75% of the people who voted, so why do you guys have a say? It is dumb that people vote to keep rtd even tho they don't touch or care about the server. It is not at all like cts have 115 hp because having 115 hp makes it fair, as there is a 2:1 ratio, and the ct's are meant to police/watch the T's and make sure they follow the rules, in minigames its a death match of skill and talent getting a rtd that gives you a huge advantage or flat out kill someone because you got a gun in a bhop/course race, I don't understand why your fighting against that, Lets go onto minigames choose bhop and then have someone headshot you instantly because they got a lucky roll, Or as you are about to win a game someone rolls and gets a gun/knife and kills you. RTD Is dumb. no one who voted plays minigames. People who say they play minigames and voted lie, the server is dead 90% of the time. not even close to having 45+ people play on it ever. 12 people were on last night when I got on and that is the most people it has had in a while most likely.

Just because you’re on at that one time and hes not doesn’t mean he never plays. And your facts seem quite off right now. I for one voted to keep the rtd and I play it about 2-3 times during the week.

Quick questions though. Why would people play minigames if they want to bhop? And is “rtd is dumb” really a fact or even necessary to say? Finally why do you assume everyone who voted to keep it doesn’t play the server?

Ignorance is bliss

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:00 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:199039976
Link wrote:
Pro Hop wrote:
Dj7Joke-
Spoiler: Show

You don't play minigames, Neither does 75% of the people who voted, so why do you guys have a say? It is dumb that people vote to keep rtd even tho they don't touch or care about the server. It is not at all like cts have 115 hp because having 115 hp makes it fair, as there is a 2:1 ratio, and the ct's are meant to police/watch the T's and make sure they follow the rules, in minigames its a death match of skill and talent getting a rtd that gives you a huge advantage or flat out kill someone because you got a gun in a bhop/course race, I don't understand why your fighting against that, Lets go onto minigames choose bhop and then have someone headshot you instantly because they got a lucky roll, Or as you are about to win a game someone rolls and gets a gun/knife and kills you. RTD Is dumb. no one who voted plays minigames. People who say they play minigames and voted lie, the server is dead 90% of the time. not even close to having 45+ people play on it ever. 12 people were on last night when I got on and that is the most people it has had in a while most likely.

Just because you’re on at that one time and hes not doesn’t mean he never plays. And your facts seem quite off right now. I for one voted to keep the rtd and I play it about 2-3 times during the week.

Quick questions though. Why would people play minigames if they want to bhop? And is “rtd is dumb” really a fact or even necessary to say? Finally why do you assume everyone who voted to keep it doesn’t play the server?

Look at who plays the server, check who is active, see how many people are on weekly, I guarantee that 40 different people from our clan on are on weekly, rtd is dumb, and no minigames has bhop, it also has course and it also has slide and other stuff that isn't fighting but rtd makes those maps useless someone getting a grenade/knife ruins it instantly, take soccer for a example go play soccer, if someone gets a gun no point in even playing they either shoot the ball in or kill the other team. Bhop was a general statement about certain games. And no, usually no one plays minigames not just him.
Snapchat:Johnday9875
Instagram:John_Day_            
I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me -Wreck It Ralph:)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:06 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:72199061
I’m just curious as to why removing just weapons is such a big deal for people who don’t want it touched? It’s kind of hard to have a “don’t mess with something that is already good” mentality when a good number of people clearly don’t see it as good. Is it really that important to people to be able to get a gun and kill a bunch of defenseless people who are trying to actually do the games? Is that really such a essential part of minigames that it can’t be removed?

Also the whole you don’t play on the server so you can’t talk argument is pretty irrelevant seeing this and air acceleration are two pretty big things that keep people from playing it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:13 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21855300
Pro Hop wrote:
You don't play minigames, Neither does 75% of the people who voted, so why do you guys have a say? It is dumb that people vote to keep rtd

Spooky, I go on the MG server at least every other day or two... I even go and play trap levels by myself A LOT... and I've never seen you on there, I don't think. However, I have seen dj7 on there at least a couple of times... I don't even see what you're arguing.

Regardless, most people have voted for the "don't alter RTD plugin" choice so far. (which I would agree with, if it cant be improved)

Also, the people who say "getting killed by someone that got a gun from RTD" is annoying probably don't find it annoying when they are the one getting a kill with the gun from RTD... and that's the whole point of RTD, it's the luck of the draw. It's there if you want to risk it and use it, but you don't have to... but, I've never taken a look at the source code, so I don't know if the abilities are in any way linked to probability, are cycled through in a set order, or are "random"... so I can't comment on whether or not I think it is put together in a sensible way or not.
Snapchat: Rozavelt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:46 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:150625838
dj7joke wrote:

Looking over these stats, overall the minigames server has been gaining more activity and a good amount of it is well over 8 players. Additionally the server rank has been increasing, therefore that means there is increased consistent activity on the server, meaning that the server population is NOT dead. On the other hand, the lack of players on the minigames server is really the lack of new and fun maps. It is mostly the same old maps, that people play over and over... however if new maps are added there would be a very likely possibility of increased activity. Now, if people don't like the rtd plugin, they can always grab a couple of people and hope onto some random DEAD minigames server that doesn't have it. Problem solved! tshout

Basically says it. Looked at the same exact site / game tracker. Average (past month): 3 so point proven. Like said, the server gets an average of three players with maybe 8 players on the weekend. Above that during an event. So, you just provided a picture of what I've already included. Now, as for server rank rising, that doesn't really say much other than we're getting above the other dead servers listed in the browser as there are practically 10 (listed in NA) active servers that manage a steady population. Again, said previously, the server doesn't get any population unless "we have an event on it / get some randoms to join from jailbreak."

Also, just to note, yes, completely agree that we probably need a few newer maps instead of the same old rotation. Just need members / players to suggest them.

Besides that, what's the point of having players go to another server that not one of EgN's if they don't like the mod? Why not just find a medium.

Link wrote:
Credit for DJ doing the research lol. Maybe we should fix up somethings before removing one of the main features from our minigames. You guys seem to be using rtd as an excuse to say the servers dead basically. I see much more that could be improved.

Don't plan on removing anything other than adding a new mod that doesn't include firearms.

Also, don't think anyone said the RTD was the reason the server population was dead neither is it true to say so, this is just one of the many improvements you could make. So, why not make it?
To all the the ladies, peace, and humptiness.

ask me about film, novels, fashion, cinematography, and/or music & you'll have my ear for hours

Doldol 🐾: I'm a Hyper Nova
Doldol 🐾: Kharn can be a
Doldol 🐾: Super Massive Black Hole
EgN-S| Needy: lmao
Doldol 🐾: xD
EgN-S| Needy: dude idk why, but i thought you were going to say super massive black cocc
Doldol 🐾: You can be a
Doldol 🐾: LOL
Doldol 🐾: nono thatd then be micro astroid
Doldol 🐾: or so ive heard
EgN-S| Needy: Like he's just one big degenerate penus
Doldol 🐾: ROFL
Doldol 🐾: IK
Doldol 🐾: xd

her favourite colour was yellow

Smiley: yes, I have a job now so I can be the breadwinner of the household and you can just relax to Rex all day :)

life goals
[  ] become legend before mootinie
[  ] get 10,000 post before mutiny
[  ] marry smiley

Tricky: i don't think any of the staff+ are here to slap their e-penis on you

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:52 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Lot of you guys seem to be mixing up "getting rid of RTD" and "removing guns from RTD".

Removing the guns from RTD will still allow you to have the probability of getting ANY other roll besides one that includes a fire weapon.

Not sure what the benefit of having guns included in RTD other than giving you the satisfactory of killing someone who's there to play minigames?

ask me about film, novels, fashion, cinematography, and/or music & you'll have my ear for hours

EgN-S| Needy: dude idk why, but i thought you were going to say super massive black cocc

Smiley: yes, I have a job now so I can be the breadwinner of the household and you can just relax to Rex all day :)

life goals
[  ] marry smiley

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:54 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:160181792
Needy wrote:
Don't plan on removing anything other than adding a new mod that doesn't include firearms.

Then why is there an option on the poll for removing it completely?

Still prefer the guns in rtd though. People shouldn’t even be killing each other in spawn.

Ignorance is bliss

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:57 pm 
EgN Member
Elite
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:29116847
Okay so my idea is that we revamp RTD entirely. Swap out everything for random abilities/enhancements like you would see on a Warcraft server on css. Warcraft servers give the players the ability to choose and level up different races with their own unique abilities. i.e. low gravity, long jump, 10-100% inivisibilty, teleportation where you point, you get the gist. I think it would be a fun alternative to what our current system is(even though i do thoroughly enjoy it). I wouldn't mind helping with some ideas!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:59 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Link wrote:
Needy wrote:

Then why is there an option on the poll for removing it completely?

Still prefer the guns in rtd though. People shouldn’t even be killing each other in spawn.

Sorry, should have specified. Don't plan on removing it because it clearly shows a 0 percentage.

life goals
[  ] marry smiley

New Topic Post Reply  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 >> Next