Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:10 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:2416971
This is ridiculous.
Everyone wants to abuse the rules, for stress testing, and change them, even if they don't attend the first admin meeting to TRY TO CHANGE THEM.
There are 4 threads on metagaming.

How about we all type "!rules asshole" in game and not be a bag of dicks.

Social 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:16 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:9180382
SpazzO wrote:
This is ridiculous.
Everyone wants to abuse the rules, for stress testing, and change them, even if they don't attend the first admin meeting to TRY TO CHANGE THEM.

Goddamn. Honestly this rule is just too controversial.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:22 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:2416971
KRYPTiC wrote:
SpazzO wrote:
This is ridiculous.

No it's not, it comes down to "Play your role" as a CT
Don't be an asshole and cry "metagaming" every round as a T.....simple as that.

If you aren't playing your role you get slain/swapped.
If you are crying wolf as a T, you get warning/kick/ban.

Problem solved.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:30 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:9180382
SpazzO wrote:
KRYPTiC wrote:
SpazzO wrote:
This is ridiculous.

No it's not, it comes down to "Play your role" as a CT
Don't be an asshole and cry "metagaming" every round as a T.....simple as that.

If you aren't playing your role you get slain/swapped.
If you are crying wolf as a T, you get warning/kick/ban.

Problem solved.

It clearly is controversial if we've had 3 5-page threads of people trying to explain the rule. But I do agree with the rest of your response.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:50 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:95290612
Central wrote:
This one has come up yesterday on canyondam with Terminator;

I hopped onto the server and I get asked to clarify this for what he did, I did and spoke with needy and she said my clarification was correct so I’ll put it in here so if anyone else thinks the same, now they don’t:

On canyondam Terminator was knifing the vent in between the two tables in front of the cells and gets killed for it because he’s knifing a secret vent. He asked me if that was allowed because that CT shouldn’t have known that what he was knifing was a secret vent (due to meta-gaming).

My Clarification: “You still can be killed for it even if they do not know that they’re knifing a vent. What is going on is while you’re knifing that vent, it outputs the sound of something breaking, and it doesn’t take a genius to figure out where it’s coming from. From the CTs perspective, it looks as if you’re attempting to escape the prison and that is of course rebelling plus by knifing such secret vent, you’re rebelling anyway and your intent was or is to rebel.”

Also in a real life prison, if a guard sees a prisoner attempting to break the wall or floor, that guard will immediately sound the alarm and punish that prisoner (in this scenario the punishment is death).

Hope this helps!

for all the guards know it could be theire bones breaking or sand on the ground or even a bit of gravel they are banging, and the sound comes from that.
if u talk about metagaming they shouldn't know about the secret/vent and thus not suspect there is a vent right beneath them.

like if u talk about roleplaying just imagine a guy coming over at your house and banging against ur floor....
u will stand there like "wtf is this dumbass doing" but u wont fucking think like "oh hey there is a secret room under there lets punish his ass"

thats not how shit works.
common sence or not u dont suspect that shit unless u had recent outbreaks or a rebeler gone that used a vent/secret.
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2018

rebeler since february 2016

we all have different lifes, different problems and different paths to take.....
but what we all wonder is: would they be proud of who i am today?

Princess Strawberry: "HEY, i know everything about Denmark , OK?
Princess Strawberry: "what kind of waffles do they eat in Denmark?"
Princess Strawberry: "OH WAIT SHIT THAT'S BELGIUM"

<16:59:31> "Eclipzx_" was banned for 10 minutes from the server by "GoopSauce" (pussy much?)

*warden*: There's 1 rebeler in garage please get him
*INBREADCATS*: It's only 1 rebeler,what can he do......oh shit it's terminator i'm coming

reboobalar: "term this is your warning because i know you're just gonna rebel"
reboobalar: "fuck this, im not going to be Ct with Term on their team"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:51 pm 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:221617357
Well it's one way to confuse a counter terrorist.
BRITNEY SPEARS killed <>< with knife.

Spoiler: Show

1. Join EgN [ X ]
2. Become a Recruit [ X ]
3. Become an EgN Member [ X ]
4. Become a Admin [ X ]
5. Become an Elite [ X ]
6. Become a Veteran [ X ]
7. Become a part of Events Team [ X ]
8. Become a Manager [ ]
9. Become a Staff [ X ]
10. Become an Advisor [ ]
11. Become the next EgN Leader! [ ]

EgN| Mr Geeza™ : Why do I always get you and sinister mixed up lol sorry xD
EgN-S| Phillip: Cause you a racist

Jafari asks the wall: What is the meaning of life?
The wall responds with: Kill yourself. DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUN
EgN-S| Mr.GoldGames: I asked for a demotion, where's my demotion at?
1 month later....
The following people have been recognised for their service to the community:

Veteran to Staff
Mr.GoldGames

EgN-S| Mr.GoldGames: I ask for a demotion but I got a promotion instead? Life sucks sometimes.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:54 pm 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:177980773
Terminator wrote:
Central wrote:
This one has come up yesterday on canyondam with Terminator;

I hopped onto the server and I get asked to clarify this for what he did, I did and spoke with needy and she said my clarification was correct so I’ll put it in here so if anyone else thinks the same, now they don’t:

On canyondam Terminator was knifing the vent in between the two tables in front of the cells and gets killed for it because he’s knifing a secret vent. He asked me if that was allowed because that CT shouldn’t have known that what he was knifing was a secret vent (due to meta-gaming).

My Clarification: “You still can be killed for it even if they do not know that they’re knifing a vent. What is going on is while you’re knifing that vent, it outputs the sound of something breaking, and it doesn’t take a genius to figure out where it’s coming from. From the CTs perspective, it looks as if you’re attempting to escape the prison and that is of course rebelling plus by knifing such secret vent, you’re rebelling anyway and your intent was or is to rebel.”

Also in a real life prison, if a guard sees a prisoner attempting to break the wall or floor, that guard will immediately sound the alarm and punish that prisoner (in this scenario the punishment is death).

Hope this helps!

for all the guards know it could be theire bones breaking or sand on the ground or even a bit of gravel they are banging, and the sound comes from that.
if u talk about metagaming they shouldn't know about the secret/vent and thus not suspect there is a vent right beneath them.

like if u talk about roleplaying just imagine a guy coming over at your house and banging against ur floor....
u will stand there like "wtf is this dumbass doing" but u wont fucking think like "oh hey there is a secret room under there lets punish his ass"

thats not how shit works.
common sence or not u dont suspect that shit unless u had recent outbreaks or a rebeler gone that used a vent/secret.

As I've just stated in private chat, as a CTs perspective it's the sound of something being broken or breaking; even though that specific CT shouldn't know it's a vent, they can look at it as that you're attempting to escape the prison even though they do not know what you're breaking. Sounds are different; it's different when you knife a normal wall, and a CT will always know what that sounds like, they can even test it if they like comparing to knifing a secret vent.

*DEAD* EgN|s BEST ADMIN TITTYSPRINKLES: i thought today was rulebreaking day my bad :-(
*DEAD* EgN| Terminator #Fishy Guy: yup, ma dick to long :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:04 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:95290612
still stupid as hell tho...
first they don't know where it is
then when u start smashing the ground they kill u for "knifing e vent or trying to escape"
then we go back to normal where they dont know secrets exist?

cmon man, if ct's are so unsure about the security of theire floors they should start killing every T that hits a wall/floor
if not, and they are sure the jail is secure then they shouldnt kill a guy smashing the ground.
and if they hear a breaking sound they should just think its them "breaking theire bones" and laugh at it, since thats what guards do. laugh with the inmates and just hope they hurt themselves so they don't have to do it
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2018

rebeler since february 2016

we all have different lifes, different problems and different paths to take.....
but what we all wonder is: would they be proud of who i am today?

Princess Strawberry: "HEY, i know everything about Denmark , OK?
Princess Strawberry: "what kind of waffles do they eat in Denmark?"
Princess Strawberry: "OH WAIT SHIT THAT'S BELGIUM"

<16:59:31> "Eclipzx_" was banned for 10 minutes from the server by "GoopSauce" (pussy much?)

*warden*: There's 1 rebeler in garage please get him
*INBREADCATS*: It's only 1 rebeler,what can he do......oh shit it's terminator i'm coming

reboobalar: "term this is your warning because i know you're just gonna rebel"
reboobalar: "fuck this, im not going to be Ct with Term on their team"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:18 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:22218476
So for example, I was on lego jail just now, and used cell vent to get to pool. I open pool secret WITHOUT turning on the shower, and a CT eventually checked the secret even though I made no noise.

They were checking pool because I used a cell secret, but they did not see me use the POOL SECRET, so that would be metagaming would it not?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:59 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:195157239
koolaid wrote:
So for example, I was on lego jail just now, and used cell vent to get to pool. I open pool secret WITHOUT turning on the shower, and a CT eventually checked the secret even though I made no noise.

They were checking pool because I used a cell secret, but they did not see me use the POOL SECRET, so that would be metagaming would it not?

I would classified as meta-gaming because you broke (assuming) a vent to go to pool and the ct didn’t see you, so that CT would see the broken secret based on the cell but should not know where the secret leads to
"Time always flows equal and doesn’t undergo any changes, independent of existence or absence of things, independent of their motion or rest."

New Topic Locked  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9
 >> Next