Login 

New Topic Post Reply  [ 7 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:06 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:11765093

Community Spotlight for 12/19/17

Member of the week: Mittens

Hey everyone GoopSauce here bringing you the Community Spotlight! This event will bring to you a member in our community up close and personal. The goal currently is to bring you our members in a way that some of you may not know and to get to know them a little better. You can comment on these posts(I actually encourage it) but please try to keep any disrespectful comments to yourself. If you would like to nominate a member for me to interview please send me a pm on here, steam, or teamspeak.

Your name(game name and/or real life name): Mittens (Dan)

Tell us a little about yourself: (This can include where you live, what you do for a living, exc.) I'm a young LAD from the UK, Yorkshire more specifically.. the home of the Yorkie Pud. I work Monday - Friday (and soon the odd Saturday) for Mercedes-Benz. Sometimes i work the odd weekend on the railway too as my former job was a Trackman on the railway. I used to do any labour needed for a job on the rails. I did this for at least a year. I can be quite a blunt speaker but i only speak for what i believe in.. if i see a problem then I am the first person to stand up against it and try and correct it.

What is your favorite video game? Honestly don't have one.. but if you're speaking most hours played then css, gmod, csgo.. But i enjoy more tactical games like Hitman and Arma 2/3 too. Infact i take that back.. My all time favourite game is DayZ Mod for Arma 2.. I bashed the fuck out of that shit!

If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life what would it be?
A Sunday dinner. And I'm talking shit loads of mash, pigs in blankets.. Chicken, Ham.. Peas, Carrots and drown the fucker in thick gravy! That is how you eat like a king.

Who is your hero in life? I don't really have a hero but I've always been proud of my nephew. He's nearly 2 years old and for the first 6 months of his life he spent in intensive care, hooked up to a machine to breathe and for food.. His entire body development was put on hold while he was in there as all he could do is lay in bed but now a year on, still being tube fed he's the happiest little guy and always lights up everyone's world and never stops smiling.. if life can treat you that hard from the very get go and you can overcome it.. you're a little soldier (just like his dad).

What is your biggest fear? Losing touch will all my family. That shit would fuck me up.

If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
Be more patient.

If you could learn a new skill in life what would it be? Singing.

If money wasn't an issue, what would your dream job be? Architecture development. I love being creative and making a space special.

What is your proudest accomplishment? Earning a career in Mercedes-Benz.

What truly makes you smile and laugh in life? When you truly connect with a girl.

What is your favorite thing about EgN? The people!

What is your favorite memory in EgN? That's a hard one. I honestly don't have a favourite but it always makes me happy when you can sit in a channel of people if you're playing a game or not and completely 100% click, you enjoy each other's company and you bounce off of each other.. I have that connection with a few people in EgN and because of that "click" I enjoy every time i'm in their channel.

Give a little advice to any new member or recruit about EgN: Respect everyone.. and if you disagree with what someone is doing then address it. But address it respectfully. Be prepared to listen to their reasons and to accept them.. never has 1 person always been right about everything. But other than that just enjoy yourself and try and make your own positive impact on the servers and on the people.

How do you see EgN at the moment? EgN is an interesting thing. Sticking to it's core values while carrying on tradition. This can sometimes be a bad thing for communities, not being ready to adapt to different times.. but it's the people who jell it all together and make everything work.. yeah there's some dickheads but there's some really important people that invest a lot of time and effort into EgN and they have to be noticed and appreciated because without them.. EgN would be nothing.

Has there been any change of view towards EgN from when you was a recruit till now? Yes. As a recruit and even before.. I saw a lot of admin abuse, i saw a lot of general negativity within the servers but then as i progressed i embedded better within EgN and so then tried stopping the admin abuse and disrespect and i know now that when i'm around in the servers and community i have a laugh but i make sure everyone else is enjoying themselves too. In ways my view has changed in the better but i also have my concerns.. I just hope i'm wrong about some things.

Who have you connected with the most in EgN? Dyno from the get go.. but also Bribee, Bean, Spazz0, OhhDandy.. to only name a few. (I can't be arsed mentioning everyone lmao)

What do you like doing in your spare time besides EgN? When i'm not playing on EgN i'm usually doing 1 of 2 things. Working or drinking. Every weekend it seems like i'm out with friends getting drunk..

I'd just like to take this time to thank Mittens for taking the time out to answer my interview questions. Again please start nominating people to be interviewed! This is GoopSauce reporting for the news team, signing off.

"Who I am is not important, my message is." - Revan

Last edited by GoopSauce on Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Social 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:26 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:47477194
Thanks Goop! Good to see these.
<3 peace be with y'all EgN beauties and remember Why So Serious about life? Live while you can. :)
Spoiler: Show

"If someone wants to fist me..." - Mr.GoldGames
"Calm Down Snapchat" - Everyone
Debuted Roast King!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:06 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:9180382
Congratulations, Mittens!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:55 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21855300
neat thread 10/10
Snapchat: Rozavelt

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:08 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:49794826
My Mittens! <3 Congratulations on your spotlight darling. Your nephew sounds like an adorable and brave little boy. Why do you wanna learn how to sing? Also hurry up and come back from training please :3

EgN| Vertical_360: What's a grown up? I bet its gross.
Simmons: The best jail bait there is. Get used to it :P
Jeremy 10:31 pm when you find a woman willing to walk into hell for you....you found *Her*

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:57 am 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:221617357
Another Daniel, great
BRITNEY SPEARS killed <>< with knife.

1. Join EgN [ X ]
2. Become a Recruit [ X ]
3. Become an EgN Member [ X ]
4. Become a Admin [ X ]
5. Become an Elite [ X ]
6. Become a Veteran [ X ]
7. Become a part of Events Team [ X ]
8. Become a Manager [ ]
9. Become a Staff [ X ]
10. Become an Advisor [ ]
11. Become the next EgN Leader! [ ]

EgN| Mr Geeza™ : Why do I always get you and sinister mixed up lol sorry xD
EgN-S| Phillip: Cause you a racist

Jafari asks the wall: What is the meaning of life?
The wall responds with: Kill yourself. DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUN
EgN-S| Mr.GoldGames: I asked for a demotion, where's my demotion at?
1 month later....
The following people have been recognised for their service to the community:

Veteran to Staff
Mr.GoldGames

EgN-S| Mr.GoldGames: I ask for a demotion but I got a promotion instead? Life sucks sometimes.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:38 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_1:0:16728863
Nice spotlight, good to have you around here mate

New Topic Post Reply  [ 7 posts ]