Register
Login 




New Topic Locked  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 >> Next 
  Print view
Previous topic | Next topic 
Author Message
Offline 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:24 am 
User avatar
EgN Advisors
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:79036420
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:34 pm
Posts: 2168
Admin meeting was today; here's what happened:

Rules changes
No advertising of other clans revised to No Advertising of other clans, communities, servers, or websites.

New rules
CT's must warn T's when they are not following Warden orders, unless they are playing a deathgame or rebelling. (CT rule)

[REVISED]When not playing a death game, a Terrorist can only be forced to face a certain direction while using AFK freeze, no longer than one minute, and no more than once per round. (CT rule)

During Simon Says, only 3 perpetual orders are permitted (CT rule)

CT's may kill T's as rebels, any prisoner that is trying to access a secret. (CT rule)

No Pardons (General)

Removed Rules:
Rule 71 - Spray Transport

Terrorists cannot be forced to face a certain direction for longer than one minute

AFK-freeze may only be used once per round.

Clarifications:
There is no baiting rule, only that it is on the head

Misc.
Veterans have access to respawn on Jailbreak 2, maybe Jailbreak once coded

Mass Freekills of malicious and/or purposeful intent result in a permanent server ban.

Map Timer extended to 7:00

These changes will come into effect October 29th. These changes were voted upon by your very own Jailbreak admins. Follow-up Admin meetings are not to change anything, simply to cover what was changed, and review the rules, etc.


Attendance
These are the only admins who were credited for full attendance.


EagleBby
Walter White
Melon
Bribee
Kapitan
Mittens
Reflexzz
SomeOcto
SexySimonSays
SpazzO
Winter
Needy


Any admin not on the above list will lose admin if they do not attend a follow up meeting.
Additional admins who attended part of the meeting (Will still lose admin!!):



Central
Habibi
Terminator
The China Guy
Sunny
woissa
Sunbro Solaire
Tones
Merle
Daddy
Marz


All admins granted credit (including those who attended a follow up):
EagleBby
Walter White
Melon
Bribee
Kapitan
Mittens
Reflexzz
SomeOcto
SexySimonSays
SpazzO
Winter
Needy
Geeza
Central
Goopsauce
Terminator
Connor
John Wick
Merle
Sunbro Solaire
Sunny
TheronRain
Reboobalar
Tones
The China Guy
Dutchie
NaCl
Birthstone,
TittySprinkles
Jimmah
Starscream
Daddy


Recordings of the meeting are attached


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image


Top
 Profile  
 Social 
Offline 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:14 am 
User avatar
EgN Elite Member
Game AdminNews Team Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:29867757
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 11:26 pm
Posts: 1084
Woo! Virtually all the changes I wanted were made and I wasn't there due to work.

Hopefully the changes are for the better.
"all tees all tees" -everyone

SYSTEMS FUNCTIONAL. NAVCOM LOCKED. ANIME SPOTTED. GOLIATH ONLINE.


Top
 Profile  
  
Offline 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:59 am 
User avatar
EgN Veteran Member
Game AdminNews Team Member
EgN Dev Team
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:221617357
Joined: Thu May 19, 2016 9:30 am
Posts: 1743
Location: United Kingdom
So if people say like "fuck you imma freekill you all" it's a permanent server ban? [obviously when the changes are in place]

mattlikespie wrote:
CT's must warn T's when they are not following Warden orders, unless they are playing a deathgame or rebelling.

So if Warden tells the Terrorists to run to the bottom of the stairs and freeze and someone is standing there not doing anything other than looking around, we must warn them to follow orders? [obviously tell Warden to repeat] [obviously when the changes are in place]
Image

Spoiler: Show

Image

Spoiler: Show

Spoiler: Show

Image

1. Join EgN [ X ]
2. Become a Recruit [ X ]
3. Become an EgN Member [ X ]
4. Become a Admin [ X ]
5. Become an Elite [ X ]
6. Become a Veteran [ X ]
6. Become a part of Events Team [ X ]
7. Become a Manager [ ]
9. Become a Staff [ ]
10. Become an Advisor [ ]
11. Become the next EgN Leader! [ ]
Image

EgN| Mr Geeza™ : Why do I always get you and sinister mixed up lol sorry xD
EgN-S| Phillip: Cause you a racist
Image

Jafari asks the wall: What is the meaning of life?
The wall responds with: Kill yourself. DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUN
Image

EgN-S| Mr.GoldGames: I asked for a demotion, where's my demotion at?
1 month later....
The following people have been recognised for their service to the community:

Veteran to Staff
Mr.GoldGames

EgN-S| Mr.GoldGames: I ask for a demotion but I got a promotion instead? Life sucks sometimes.


Top
 Profile  
  
Offline 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:04 am 
User avatar
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:156056693
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:11 pm
Posts: 60
Location: USA
I'm not even admin and attended the first 2 minutes of the meeting ;)
CT Slay day for LR


Top
 Profile  
  
Offline 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:00 am 
User avatar
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:34125752
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:38 pm
Posts: 560
Location: Germany
Some of these are very weirdly phrased.

"CT's may kill T's as rebels, any prisoner that is trying to access a secret. (CT rule)" What does that mean? Does that mean that rebels are now defined as being people trying to access secrets? What about people running away? Otherwise, why is it phrased in a way that looks like it's defining what a rebel is? It should be changed unless you want to confuse people.

"Do not ban people for freekilling, CT ban them. (Excluding MFKs. MFKs always result in a perm CT ban)" Why do you have this said, but then right at the bottom that malicious MFK's are permanent server bans? For one, you don't even need admin rules to be on the !rules, because people don't really need to know how the admins do their jobs, just that they do their jobs. But, if you are going to have them on !rules, make sure they're correct lol.

I like these new rules, though. I feel like they will make the game less about being a nazi and getting easy kills as a CT from dumb or confusing orders. The inclusion of a "No pardons" rule is very nice, imo. It was agitating seeing a rebel who killed a bunch of CT's get pardoned just because the warden didn't want to fight them. It was especially annoying when there was only one non-rebelling T left, who won whatever the last game was, and then a rebel got pardoned. So it's nice to see this rule included.

"A Terrorist can only be forced to face a certain direction while using AFK freeze, no longer than one minute, and no more than once per round." I thought this was always there, but apparently it was differently worded. What I don't understand is, why do you have this under "New Rules" and the "Terrorists cannot be forced to face a certain direction for longer than one minute" under removed rules? Isn't that a revised rule? So why is it not properly listed as such?

Well, once these go into effect, I'll have to get on and check it out. I've got a feeling it'll help make for less shitty CT's.
Just a grumpy old man filled with regret...

Quote about life
Spoiler: Show


My Old Signature
Spoiler: Show


Top
 Profile  
  
Offline 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:43 am 
User avatar
EgN Elite Member
Game AdminNews Team Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:29867757
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 11:26 pm
Posts: 1084
Xanderian wrote:
Some of these are very weirdly phrased.

"CT's may kill T's as rebels, any prisoner that is trying to access a secret. (CT rule)" What does that mean? Does that mean that rebels are now defined as being people trying to access secrets? What about people running away? Otherwise, why is it phrased in a way that looks like it's defining what a rebel is? It should be changed unless you want to confuse people.

"Do not ban people for freekilling, CT ban them. (Excluding MFKs. MFKs always result in a perm CT ban)" Why do you have this said, but then right at the bottom that malicious MFK's are permanent server bans? For one, you don't even need admin rules to be on the !rules, because people don't really need to know how the admins do their jobs, just that they do their jobs. But, if you are going to have them on !rules, make sure they're correct lol.

I like these new rules, though. I feel like they will make the game less about being a nazi and getting easy kills as a CT from dumb or confusing orders. The inclusion of a "No pardons" rule is very nice, imo. It was agitating seeing a rebel who killed a bunch of CT's get pardoned just because the warden didn't want to fight them. It was especially annoying when there was only one non-rebelling T left, who won whatever the last game was, and then a rebel got pardoned. So it's nice to see this rule included.

"A Terrorist can only be forced to face a certain direction while using AFK freeze, no longer than one minute, and no more than once per round." I thought this was always there, but apparently it was differently worded. What I don't understand is, why do you have this under "New Rules" and the "Terrorists cannot be forced to face a certain direction for longer than one minute" under removed rules? Isn't that a revised rule? So why is it not properly listed as such?

Well, once these go into effect, I'll have to get on and check it out. I've got a feeling it'll help make for less shitty CT's.


For the secrets rule, I interpret it as "any T trying to access a secret may be considered rebels". Now, why it wasn't just written that way, is another discussion. It reminds me of the constitution, where commas were put wherever but now people argue over the comma and how it changes the meaning. Do we have any pre-law people in EgN that can look through the rules and check how they read? I'll do it if no-one else wants to.

For the MFK rule, it seems to clarify that MFKs are perm CT bans, but malicious (non-accidental) MFKs are perm server bans. I agree with you that !rules needs to be updated, and it usually is after an admin meeting, but the language does need some work.
"all tees all tees" -everyone

SYSTEMS FUNCTIONAL. NAVCOM LOCKED. ANIME SPOTTED. GOLIATH ONLINE.


Top
 Profile  
  
Offline 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:31 am 
User avatar
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:34125752
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:38 pm
Posts: 560
Location: Germany
Birthstone wrote:
Xanderian wrote:
Some of these are very weirdly phrased.

"CT's may kill T's as rebels, any prisoner that is trying to access a secret. (CT rule)" What does that mean? Does that mean that rebels are now defined as being people trying to access secrets? What about people running away? Otherwise, why is it phrased in a way that looks like it's defining what a rebel is? It should be changed unless you want to confuse people.

"Do not ban people for freekilling, CT ban them. (Excluding MFKs. MFKs always result in a perm CT ban)" Why do you have this said, but then right at the bottom that malicious MFK's are permanent server bans? For one, you don't even need admin rules to be on the !rules, because people don't really need to know how the admins do their jobs, just that they do their jobs. But, if you are going to have them on !rules, make sure they're correct lol.

I like these new rules, though. I feel like they will make the game less about being a nazi and getting easy kills as a CT from dumb or confusing orders. The inclusion of a "No pardons" rule is very nice, imo. It was agitating seeing a rebel who killed a bunch of CT's get pardoned just because the warden didn't want to fight them. It was especially annoying when there was only one non-rebelling T left, who won whatever the last game was, and then a rebel got pardoned. So it's nice to see this rule included.

"A Terrorist can only be forced to face a certain direction while using AFK freeze, no longer than one minute, and no more than once per round." I thought this was always there, but apparently it was differently worded. What I don't understand is, why do you have this under "New Rules" and the "Terrorists cannot be forced to face a certain direction for longer than one minute" under removed rules? Isn't that a revised rule? So why is it not properly listed as such?

Well, once these go into effect, I'll have to get on and check it out. I've got a feeling it'll help make for less shitty CT's.


For the secrets rule, I interpret it as "any T trying to access a secret may be considered rebels". Now, why it wasn't just written that way, is another discussion. It reminds me of the constitution, where commas were put wherever but now people argue over the comma and how it changes the meaning. Do we have any pre-law people in EgN that can look through the rules and check how they read? I'll do it if no-one else wants to.

For the MFK rule, it seems to clarify that MFKs are perm CT bans, but malicious (non-accidental) MFKs are perm server bans. I agree with you that !rules needs to be updated, and it usually is after an admin meeting, but the language does need some work.
I mean, don't get me wrong, it's all good rules, and I do hate to seem like a grammar nazi or something (... but sieg heil!) but it needs to be rephrased, or I feel people will just get super confused when reading them and thus make mistakes.
Just a grumpy old man filled with regret...

Quote about life
Spoiler: Show


My Old Signature
Spoiler: Show


Top
 Profile  
  
Offline 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:16 am 
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:145078228
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:51 am
Posts: 12
Sigh...


Top
 Profile  
  
Offline 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:46 am 
User avatar
EgN Advisors
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:79036420
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:34 pm
Posts: 2168
The rules are phrased and described as per heavy discussion at the admin meeting; they won't be changed. The only people enforcing these rules will all have been at a meeting and all have heard the explanation.

Xanderian wrote:
"A Terrorist can only be forced to face a certain direction while using AFK freeze, no longer than one minute, and no more than once per round." I thought this was always there, but apparently it was differently worded. What I don't understand is, why do you have this under "New Rules" and the "Terrorists cannot be forced to face a certain direction for longer than one minute" under removed rules? Isn't that a revised rule? So why is it not properly listed as such?]\

Added another removed rule that I forgot, perhaps this will explain why that rule was added and not revised.

Xanderian wrote:
"Do not ban people for freekilling, CT ban them. (Excluding MFKs. MFKs always result in a perm CT ban)" Why do you have this said, but then right at the bottom that malicious MFK's are permanent server bans? For one, you don't even need admin rules to be on the !rules, because people don't really need to know how the admins do their jobs, just that they do their jobs. But, if you are going to have them on !rules, make sure they're correct lol.

Probably wasn't clear; this rule will be reworded on the 29th, the phrase that I described was changed instantly rather than in 2 weeks. - This isn't a clarification as all MFK's previously resulted in a CT ban. Now, admins use their judgement to decide the intention of an MFK and perm ban those being harmful and CT ban those who likely are not.

If I didn't clarify anything else it's because it'll be done at an Admin Follow Up.
Image


Top
 Profile  
  
Offline 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:33 pm 
User avatar
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:147071666
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:06 pm
Posts: 5110
Location: Кажется, я не могу покинуть это место.
mattlikespie wrote:
The rules are phrased and described as per heavy discussion at the admin meeting; they won't be changed. The only people enforcing these rules will all have been at a meeting and all have heard the explanation.



Ok but the randoms who are meant to be following these rules won't know what that's trying to say, since they weren't at the meeting to hear the explanation.
Image


Top
 Profile  
  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
New Topic Locked  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 >> Next 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  

cron
Powered by phpBB3 ©