New Topic Locked  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:02 pm 
Community Leader
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:84775876
Location: l: 179° 56′ 39.4″, b: +0° 2′ 46.2″, d: 7,940 ± 420 parsecs, from Via Lactea galactic center.
Why Wartheft got demoted
Over the last year Wartheft has been undermining EgN's authority, openly trashing decisions made by EgN, breaking rules and using his position to get away with this.

This is ultimately unacceptable, and frankly the fact that this has been allowed to go on for this long is shameful to EgN, and pure favouritism towards Wartheft.
Yes, he was sociable and tightly integrated with the community, but this never forgives one's transgressions made.

Since we allow everyone a second chance, he got offered a demotion from Advisor to Staff (as opposed to being kicked out), which he chose to refuse.
Showing he did care more about his position in EgN than EgN itself.

He then continued along this trend by misusing TS3 permissions he shouldn't have had (or at least weren't normal for him to have), to reassign Server Admin and Advisor to himself, which he later claimed was to move himself back into a discussion between EgN's higher-ups (which he was no longer part of, by his choice).
This illustrates the previous point and his attitude within EgN.

He eventually got banned from Teamspeak for doing this, for abusing a higher-ups' account he has also been banned from our forums.
Since then he hasn't been interested in anything but causing unrest to our community for the sole purpose of reattaining his rank.

He will thus remain banned for now.

Why Wolfie got demoted
Wolfie got demoted for not being open to discussing his action of unbanning Wartheft from our TS3 without consulting anyone else, after being banned by EgN's Leader.
To quote Wolfie on his action of banning Wartheft: "I disagree with this decision", "[I] have no regrets" & "I would do it again".
He then wasn't open to debating the validity of these claims and/or working towards a solution.

As to why other higher-ups haven't been demoted, they are open to discussing their actions and working towards a solution.
People who are open to criticism of their actions allow themselves to improve if they desire so, both these factors are an important part in being a higher-up.

Sadly, people who stop being open to criticism of their position and role neither deserve it, nor fulfil it.

If there is still a need to discuss this, please do so here but speak for yourself and remain civil, constructive & objective.
Posts which aren't will get removed.
Been there, done that. No regrets, never give up on what's important. Prioritize. Happiness is all that matters.
I really like meowers but can't own any for the time being. Image

Software Developer with a fondness for Python & UE4.
🐱‍👤

ImageImageImage
Interested in Star Citizen? - Use STAR-PZ6J-4C62 and get us both some cool extras :3

Social 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:28 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:65042904
Thank you doldol for putting up this post and explaining why cause the members need to know !
No one ever sees the sleepless nights, the years of studying and 14-hour days earning your dues. I spent three years isolated in an academic environment to be the best actor I could.
Kunal Nayyar

The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.-Gandhi

Don't be racist to racists -Nalin 2k16

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:37 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:65042904
Hopefully you guys will be constructive about this and don't be offensive about this , Thank you :D
No one ever sees the sleepless nights, the years of studying and 14-hour days earning your dues. I spent three years isolated in an academic environment to be the best actor I could.
Kunal Nayyar

The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.-Gandhi

Don't be racist to racists -Nalin 2k16

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:35 pm 
EgN Member
Elite
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:107577679
Thank you for explaining, I understand why you demoted Wartheft now, I just miss him he was a great advisor and I miss sgt woof, He was a great staff. Thank you doldol for explaining makes everything more simple.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:56 pm 
EgN Member
Elite
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:147071666
Doldol wrote:
Why Wartheft got demoted
Over the last year Wartheft has been undermining EgN's authority, openly trashing decisions made by EgN, breaking rules and using his position to get away with this.

This is ultimately unacceptable, and frankly the fact that this has been allowed to go on for this long is shameful to EgN, and pure favouritism towards Wartheft.

You mean exactly what Lex has been doing?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:11 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:7018832
Cool you don't even remember what i said doldol.. GG
Also, when i said: i would do it again, it took less than 3 seconds before i heard: Server Group Revoked
After that... no point in trying to tell you anything, as you always make up your mind when you want something, even when you ask your staff and advisors of their opinion, just to tell them; nope, you're not gonna have a say in "my" decisions.

I'd like the promotion, the paycheck and parking spot. But I don’t really want to be in charge of anything.

#Wolfie4Staff2k17/2k18
<05:09:34> "Wolfie" was removed from server group "Supporter" by "Kharn".
<05:09:39> "Wolfie" was added to server group "Staff" by "Kharn".

k :/

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:15 pm 
EgN Member
Elite
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:107577679
Caboose wrote:
Doldol wrote:
Why Wartheft got demoted

You mean exactly what Lex has been doing?
I agree.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:20 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:9559529
Wartheft has gone rogue? NOOOO!

I've missed a lot the last week or so O_O

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:21 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:7018832
Morgenstern710 wrote:

Last several weeks*

I'd like the promotion, the paycheck and parking spot. But I don’t really want to be in charge of anything.

#Wolfie4Staff2k17/2k18
<05:09:34> "Wolfie" was removed from server group "Supporter" by "Kharn".
<05:09:39> "Wolfie" was added to server group "Staff" by "Kharn".

k :/

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:22 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:9559529
Wolfie wrote:
Morgenstern710 wrote:

Last several weeks*

I've been out of the loop for the last few months >_> This semester has been kickin' my ARSE tthirst

New Topic Locked  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3
 >> Next