1, 2
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Admin Meeting Summary
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:50 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:25983184
~EgN's First Admin Meeting Summary~

Maps: Our servers need new maps! Please recommend some maps for our servers on the forums and make sure to include the map name and what server it is for! Make sure you have also tested them and they work! If there are any problems with any current maps, please report them to an Advisor or Leader.

News Team: EgN is considering getting a news team. There were news teams in both 420 and early EgN, but were run by an inactive team leader and was about world news. This news team will pertain mainly to gaming. If you have any questions, contact Ganji.

Inaction of admin: Recently, the constant inaction of Admins has been noticed by the Advisors. Admins: Leave the Advisors to deal with clan disputes and other large problems. USE YOUR COMMON SENSE. Just because an Advisor or Leader is in the server doesn't mean that you should just sit around and let them do all the work. You have admin for a reason.

Admin abuse punishment: Misuse of admin will cause your admin to be taken away and possibly a demotion. Having a little fun like slapping a person once and they don't mind, we're not going to care, but constantly doing this without approval is not okay. Do not use your admin for personal gain. Only to make the server better and fun for everyone.

Enforcing rules: No matter what rank you are, you can not discriminate against other players. Please defend everyone such as little kids, or victims of racism, sexism, etc. You DO NOT have to be an admin to do this. Members being disrespectful and discriminating against anyone for any reason will be dealt with severely.

Writing ban reports: A ban report is required for anyone that isn't an Advisor or higher, as they are trusted and we know they aren't going to go out and random ban. Making a ban report is crucial so we know why you banned someone and to make sure it was fair ban. Savage had something particular to say (this is not word for word...). NOTE: If you have any questions on how to make a ban report, ask the Staff, Advisors, or Leaders.

Savage wrote:
If I see an increase in ban reports from those required to do them I will start doing them myself. If at any point, I can go through 2 weeks of bans on Sourcebans and find a report for every ban, I will start making my own. As many of you know, I ban anywhere from 2-6 people a day, so if you feel like making me work, go ahead and start taking the 5 minutes to make a ban report.

Proper use of Respawn/Report mods: Respawn will now be restricted to Veterans+. Respawn mod will also only be used for mass freekills, not just one freekill. If a freekill does take place, just slay the player who freekilled. Please also do not abuse the report mod and only use it for legitimate reports. Not doing so sets a bad example. Treat those who abuse the report mod as a normal spammer. Follow your steps as an admin!

Swapping Players: If a player is AFK or a bad CT, please swap them. Also, slay before banning and make sure they know what they're doing. Remember; if there is an AFK T, you should swap them to Spectator too!

Movie night: We are also considering starting movie night back up. James will be seeing if he can start it backup. What it is, is we all get in a channel and start a movie on a website at the same time. More details will be coming soon.

Social 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:58 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:28812074
Good job charlie :D
"Its not racism if you are equally hateful" -James

Joker{FEAR}: DO YOU FEEL IT
Joker{FEAR}: THE SMELL OF WAR IN THE AIR
Joker{FEAR}: THE THOUSANDS OF IRON PIKES MARCHING TOWARDS YOUR CASTLE AS IF ITS A WALMART

Funny quotes
Spoiler: Show

Charlies quotes:
Spoiler: Show

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:58 am 
EgN Member
Charlie Scene wrote:

New maps: Our servers need new maps. Please recommend some maps for our servers on the forums. Make sure you have tested them and they work! Report any problems to higher rankings.

News team: EgN is considering getting a news team. We used to have on back in 420 that pertained to real life news, but this one will be about gaming news. If you would like to apply, contact Ganji

Inaction of admin:
Recently, many admins have been not using or misusing their admins by not banning or taking action. If you do notice stuff like this going on, please take action of it and don't whine and bitch to Advisors. If you do see misaction, please tell someone on the forums.

Admin abuse punishment: Misuse of admin will cause your admin to be taken away and possibly a demotion. Having a fun little prank like slapping a person once and they don't mind, we're not going to care, but constantly doing this without approval is not okay. Do not use your admin for person gain, only to make the server better and fun for everyone.

Enforcing rules:
Many members have seen the breaking of rules and are not doing anything. If you do see this happening, please take action. No matter what rank you are, you can not discriminate against other players.

Writing ban reports:
A ban report is required for anyone that isn't an Advisor or higher, as they are trusted and we know they aren't going to go out and random ban. Making a ban report is crucial so we know why you were to ban someone, to make sure it was fair.

Proper use of Respawn/Report/Swap mods: Respawn will now be only for Veterans+. Respawn mod will also only be used for mass freekills, not just one freekill. If a freekill does take place, just slay the player who freekilled. Please also do not abuse the report mod and only use it for legit reports. Not doing so sets a bad example. Abusing this will get you banned. Do not use swap for personal use just because you want to be a CT when all CTs have microphones. If a player is AFK or a bad CT, please swap them. Also, slay before banning and make sure they know what they're doing.

Much better...
---------------------------------------------------

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:17 pm 
EgN Member
Surprised nobody has been posting more on this...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:09 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:12238457
I was there, no need to post. :3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:07 pm 
EgN Member
Mootinie wrote:
I was there, no need to post. :3

But you just did post.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:08 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20305093
Charlie Scene wrote:

Maps: Our servers need new maps! Please recommend some maps for our servers on the forums and make sure to include the map name and what server it is for! Make sure you have also tested them and they work! If there are any problems with any current maps, please report them to an Advisor or Leader.

News Team: EgN is considering getting a news team. There were news teams in both 420 and early EgN, but were run by an inactive team leader and was about world news. This news team will pertain mainly to gaming. If you have any questions, contact Ganji.

Inaction of admin: Recently, the constant inaction of Admins has been noticed by the Advisors. Admins: Leave the Advisors to deal with clan disputes and other large problems. USE YOUR COMMON SENSE. Just because an Advisor or Leader is in the server doesn't mean that you should just sit around and let them do all the work. You have admin for a reason.

Admin abuse punishment: Misuse of admin will cause your admin to be taken away and possibly a demotion. Having a little fun like slapping a person once and they don't mind, we're not going to care, but constantly doing this without approval is not okay. Do not use your admin for personal gain. Only to make the server better and fun for everyone.

Enforcing rules: No matter what rank you are, you can not discriminate against other players. Please defend everyone such as little kids, or victims of racism, sexism, etc. You DO NOT have to be an admin to do this. Members being disrespectful and discriminating against anyone for any reason will be dealt with severely.

[size=200][color=#9900FF][color=#0000FF]Writing ban reports: A ban report is required for anyone that isn't an Advisor or higher, as they are trusted and we know they aren't going to go out and random ban. Making a ban report is crucial so we know why you banned someone and to make sure it was fair ban. Savage had something particular to say (this is not word for word...). NOTE: If you have any questions on how to make a ban report, ask the Staff, Advisors, or Leaders.[/color][/color]
[/size]
Savage wrote:
If I see an increase in ban reports from those required to do them I will start doing them myself. If at any point, I can go through 2 weeks of bans on Sourcebans and find a report for every ban, I will start making my own. As many of you know, I ban anywhere from 2-6 people a day, so if you feel like making me work, go ahead and start taking the 5 minutes to make a ban report.

Proper use of Respawn/Report mods: Respawn will now be restricted to Veterans+. Respawn mod will also only be used for mass freekills, not just one freekill. If a freekill does take place, just slay the player who freekilled. Please also do not abuse the report mod and only use it for legitimate reports. Not doing so sets a bad example. Treat those who abuse the report mod as a normal spammer. Follow your steps as an admin!

Swapping Players: If a player is AFK or a bad CT, please swap them. Also, slay before banning and make sure they know what they're doing. Remember; if there is an AFK T, you should swap them to Spectator too!

Movie night: We are also considering starting movie night back up. James will be seeing if he can start it backup. What it is, is we all get in a channel and start a movie on a website at the same time. More details will be coming soon.

Ok savage, but surely EVERYONE should do a ban report so we all know? Even kharn and doldol should. We are all part of the team.
A man does what he must -
in spite of personal consequences,
in spite of obstacles and dangers and pressures
and that is the basis of all human morality.

I am 63% addicted to Counterstrike. What about you?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:34 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:12238457
The reason Advisors don't have to write them is because we have all been here for a long time and when we ban somebody, we put the actual reason. This doesn't mean any disrespect to admins or Staff, but the Advisors in this clan have been around since 2010 or before and have been admins for a long, long time. Whilst the Staff members could be relatively new to using admin and won't set the real ban reasons hence why we ask for reports.

Other admins don't write the actual reasons, there are 1 day bans for the reason "aimbot" when they are bans for freekilling. That's why we ask you to write a ban report so we all know the proper reason and can track who's banning who and what the reason is.

We would like all of you to write reports to set a good example and be a positive role model for the other admins, I personally will write reports for each and every ban I do. If you guys write them too, maybe there will be a day when all admins will write reports.

tl;dr, we don't write cause we iz trusted, u will be trusted once u iz good admin. i will write dem reportz so u shud too and we all write report

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:48 pm 
EgN Member
Mootinie wrote:
The reason Advisors don't have to write them is because we have all been here for a long time and when we ban somebody, we put the actual reason. This doesn't mean any disrespect to admins or Staff, but the Advisors in this clan have been around since 2010 or before and have been admins for a long, long time. Whilst the Staff members could be relatively new to using admin and won't set the real ban reasons hence why we ask for reports.

Other admins don't write the actual reasons, there are 1 day bans for the reason "aimbot" when they are bans for freekilling. That's why we ask you to write a ban report so we all know the proper reason and can track who's banning who and what the reason is.

We would like all of you to write reports to set a good example and be a positive role model for the other admins, I personally will write reports for each and every ban I do. If you guys write them too, maybe there will be a day when all admins will write reports.

tl;dr, we don't write cause we iz trusted, u will be trusted once u iz good admin. i will write dem reportz so u shud too and we all write report

No. I'm pretty sure it's just racist.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:18 pm 
EgN Member
Mootinie wrote:

I lol'd then I roll'd

Anyways, basically what Mutiny said. If you didn't make it to the meeting, this was discussed.

New Topic Post Reply  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next