Post subject: Re: Higher-Up's Activity
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 9:24 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:42551787
Wolfie wrote:
Lex wrote:
Bourne wrote:
Just to be clear I agree some of the old higher ups were really good... but they didn't stay here through the hard times(meaning when a lot of people left etc.), me, Jimmah and Shen did.

True but you guys were all Veterans at the time & you guys weren't aware what was going on in the higher up world. We literally had no say in anything which resulted in us leaving
#Blazin4leader2k16

There was only One reason why people left around that time... You guys had nothing to do with anything that happened.. Either you/they didn't have their higher up positions, or just recently got it. Just look at SilverHybrid, who was staff like just a week or less.. (I don't remember if he got demoted or left) because he straight up spoke out about what we were all thinking and what the problem was.
(I wrote this before i saw the post Lex made)
#Blazin4leader2k16

666th post, I'm going to hell.

Actually shen and jimmah were. I became staff shortly after that... I know the reasons why you guys left and why you did what you guys did, I've heard this story a lot from both sides. I'm not accusing you of anything... so relax.
Vivre la vie!

ACT OF VALOR
In valor there is hope

Rudeness is a weak man's imitation of strength
- Eric Hoffer

We buy things we don't need, with money we don't have, to impress people we don't like.

Spoiler: Show

Social 
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 9:27 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:61594940
CharlieKelly wrote:
I nominate Mr. Habibi as our European representative.

#MakeEgNGoatsAgain

uh no
https://www.redditgifts.com/?inv=CMv5 Join reddit gifts and get free items but you do have to send back gifts or you'll get penalized
After reading every EgN Post

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 9:43 am 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:22040504
Phillip wrote:
CharlieKelly wrote:
I nominate Mr. Habibi as our European representative.

#MakeEgNGoatsAgain

uh no

foe!
Gonna revise your Levi's with physical harm
Put divets in the rivets with my physical arm
Gonna beat those jeans, gonna dip em in slime
Turn your 501s into 499s

The Senate: Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis The Wise?
Anakin: No
The Senate: I thought not. It’s not a story the Jedi would tell you. It’s a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life… He had such a knowledge of the dark side, he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying.
Anakin: He could actually save people from death?
The Senate: The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.
Anakin: What happened to him?
The Senate: He became so powerful… the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Ironic. He could save others from death, but not himself.
Anakin: Is it possible to learn this power?
The Senate: Not from a Jedi.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 5:28 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:93663602
I didn't read a lot of the replies because frankly they have nothing to do with the topic, just arguing about politics.
I'm not saying that I dislike our leadership now, but I did enjoy the old higher-ups much, much more.
Wartheft was removed from the community for no reason, and set to supporter, but not that he's back where is his veteran rank?
I know you guy said you were putting off promotions for old clan members because of the issues with doldol, but it's kind of childish.
I tried to get supporter many many times but doldol and I had personal issues, so it wasn't even an option.
I hide in my channel now because there is no sense of community, no sense of family.
Kharn is great and i'm glad that he's more active now.
Shen-Li has always played a vital role in the community and i'm glad he's where he is.
I've never once had a real conversation with Jimmah, and I never see him anywhere but the forums. Maybe a staff position would fit him better.
Bourne is a great dude, humble and respectful and does what he can, but I do admit I would like to see him more available.
Blazin... Is a cool dude that I cant say anything about.
Yiggles is a good staff member and most of the time, logical and justified in his actions, but I do see room for improvement.
Sinister... I never used to like you, but for a few months before you became staff we became friends and you're actually kinda cool. But you suck at being a staff. " Sorry, can't help you i'm getting off soon " - Continues to play csgo for 4 hours.

All of that being said, I truly believe Wartheft deserves an advisor position. He was the staple that held EgN together for years and was forced out by a mentally ill tyrant. Sinister should be demoted or step up, and Kharn or Shen-li should do more to assure their higher-ups are doing the best job they can.
TOXIC

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 7:58 pm 
EgN Member
Elite
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:147071666
Bourne wrote:
Wolfie wrote:
Lex wrote:
Bourne wrote:
Just to be clear I agree some of the old higher ups were really good... but they didn't stay here through the hard times(meaning when a lot of people left etc.), me, Jimmah and Shen did.

True but you guys were all Veterans at the time & you guys weren't aware what was going on in the higher up world. We literally had no say in anything which resulted in us leaving
#Blazin4leader2k16

There was only One reason why people left around that time... You guys had nothing to do with anything that happened.. Either you/they didn't have their higher up positions, or just recently got it. Just look at SilverHybrid, who was staff like just a week or less.. (I don't remember if he got demoted or left) because he straight up spoke out about what we were all thinking and what the problem was.
(I wrote this before i saw the post Lex made)
#Blazin4leader2k16

666th post, I'm going to hell.

Actually shen and jimmah were. I became staff shortly after that... I know the reasons why you guys left and why you did what you guys did, I've heard this story a lot from both sides. I'm not accusing you of anything... so relax.

Do you know how to read?

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 9:04 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19466299
Can we not use this thread to make personal attacks on any higher-ups or members (sry sinister lel).

This thread was not made to advocate the removal of our current leadership, but rather to add current members to staff and advis(O or E)r positions.
Targets for EgN:

1. Join EgN [x]
2. Become Supreme Leader []

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 9:14 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:61594940
Ambitny wrote:
Can we not use this thread to make personal attacks on any higher-ups or members (sry sinister lel).

This thread was not made to advocate the removal of our current leadership, but rather to add current members to staff and advis(O or E)r positions.

ie myself
https://www.redditgifts.com/?inv=CMv5 Join reddit gifts and get free items but you do have to send back gifts or you'll get penalized
After reading every EgN Post

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 9:37 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:23228291
Applejack Rockwater wrote:
All of that being said, I truly believe Wartheft deserves an advisor position. He was the staple that held EgN together for years and was forced out by a mentally ill tyrant. Sinister should be demoted or step up, and Kharn or Shen-li should do more to assure their higher-ups are doing the best job they can.

I find it great that you are trying to use your knowledge to step up for someone, but I have two questions for you.

1. Can you truly say that Wartheft did nothing wrong after he was removed and should get his veteran status back? I'm fairly certain he's actually talked about it fairly openly.

2. (sub point to 1.) Do you think it should be Kharn and Shen's job to make sure their higher ups are doing what they should be, or do you think it's their job to manage the ongoings of the community as far as server and website go?

Everything that follows is just 2 cents

The creation of the system the way it is was to have a laissez-faire type of leadership. The advisors would handle all higher level administration, and the staff would do the "grunt" higher up work. The only server that would never be managed by a member of the community is jailbreak, and everything else could be handled by server managers. Everyone has ideas as to what would improve the community, what would make it better. I can tell you for sure that 90% of you don't know the half of what it takes to actually run the community, or the stress that comes with it. We've tried many higher ups, we've tried less higher ups, and this tends to be what we balance out at (give or take 1). We have staff+ all over the world, and available through PM or through steam almost every day within a couple of hours, and frankly, that is the best it has ever been.

I feel that the real root to the problem is that nobody wants to go to them with their issues over PM or steam, because they want them taken care of immediately. News flash, that won't ever happen. We all have lives outside of this community, and 100% the best way to get in touch with staff+ is to PM them. (Side note, when the message moves from sent to outbox in your pm section, it means they have read it, so if they don't reply or comment back you can tell they should have ;) )

I would encourage people to step up and show that they have the ability to communicate properly, rather than demanding that everyone bends to their will instead.

/thoughts

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 11:10 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:12238457
I'm not saying that I dislike our leadership now, but I did enjoy the old higher-ups much, much more.

Let's be fair here, Sloppy is perhaps the greatest higher-up in the history of this clan.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 11:45 am 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:23228291
Mootinie wrote:

Let's be fair here, Sloppy is perhaps the greatest higher-up in the history of this clan.

And that's not just over one span of his leadership. He was probably considered the greatest every single time he came back.

New Topic Post Reply  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 >> Next