New Topic Post Reply  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:57 am 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:79036420
We've decided to make some changes to how the Representative rank works. The idea of the rank is to represent the community and the best way to do that is not to promote the representatives as Staff. So, starting at the next monthly meeting, the Representative rank will be solely on an election basis. In addition, we are removing the nomination basis and enabling it to be on a running basis. Here's how it works:

After every monthly meeting, the runnings open. Make a post on the respective thread following the format. At the monthly meeting, we'll open up a poll to vote for everyone who's in the running. Candidates can campaign, lobby, whatever they want to do to win. The number of Representatives we will elect will be two.

Rules:
- A Representative's term is 1 month
- There is no limit on the amount of terms a Representative can serve
- The only restriction to running for Representative is you must be an Elite +
- Voters for Representative must be Member+
- Staff+ reserve the right to demote any Representative on the basis of unacceptable behavior, but Representatives can still be re-elected
- A candidate must have at least 3 votes to become Representative
- Voters will be able to vote for up to 2 of the candidates running
- Elections will open at the start of the monthly meeting and end 24 hours later.

Obviously since any member could become a Representative, the responsibility placed on Representatives will be lower. They'll less be considered a "part of the staff team" and more so a new "Team." I've reflected the new expectations in the FAQ.

I am excited to see the new influx of Representatives through the community and hear more and more ideas so that we can better improve this community.

Admins:
Members are now eligible to apply for admin. All applicants will be interviewed by a Staff+ in addition to gathering feedback from current admins. Member admins must wear the EgN tag. We've made this change to reduce the waiting time before one can apply for admin. This will hopefully encourage more admins and more people to join the community.

Good luck everyone!

Star Citizen Reference Code: STAR-GK4C-BYF5

Social 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:11 am 
Community Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:150625838
Oh wait, so we can no longer nominate in whole?
To all the the ladies, peace, and humptiness.

ask me about film, novels, fashion, cinematography, and/or music & you'll have my ear for hours

Doldol 🐾: I'm a Hyper Nova
Doldol 🐾: Kharn can be a
Doldol 🐾: Super Massive Black Hole
EgN-S| Needy: lmao
Doldol 🐾: xD
EgN-S| Needy: dude idk why, but i thought you were going to say super massive black cocc
Doldol 🐾: You can be a
Doldol 🐾: LOL
Doldol 🐾: nono thatd then be micro astroid
Doldol 🐾: or so ive heard
EgN-S| Needy: Like he's just one big degenerate penus
Doldol 🐾: ROFL
Doldol 🐾: IK
Doldol 🐾: xd

her favourite colour was yellow

Smiley: yes, I have a job now so I can be the breadwinner of the household and you can just relax to Rex all day :)

life goals
[  ] become legend before mootinie
[  ] get 10,000 post before mutiny
[  ] marry smiley

Tricky: i don't think any of the staff+ are here to slap their e-penis on you

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:11 am 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:79036420
Needy wrote:

No, because we want Representative who actually want to be a Representative

Star Citizen Reference Code: STAR-GK4C-BYF5

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:25 am 
Community Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:150625838
mattlikespie wrote:
Needy wrote:

For sure, makes sense, though feel like there will be those who are "too afraid", per se, to elect themselves, don't wanna nominate themselves, or are simply unaware, but could be potential / really good candidates.

Any alternative to that?

Also, couldn't you tech. ask that person if they're willing to and/or wants to be a representative? Chat them up beforehand.
To all the the ladies, peace, and humptiness.

ask me about film, novels, fashion, cinematography, and/or music & you'll have my ear for hours

Doldol 🐾: I'm a Hyper Nova
Doldol 🐾: Kharn can be a
Doldol 🐾: Super Massive Black Hole
EgN-S| Needy: lmao
Doldol 🐾: xD
EgN-S| Needy: dude idk why, but i thought you were going to say super massive black cocc
Doldol 🐾: You can be a
Doldol 🐾: LOL
Doldol 🐾: nono thatd then be micro astroid
Doldol 🐾: or so ive heard
EgN-S| Needy: Like he's just one big degenerate penus
Doldol 🐾: ROFL
Doldol 🐾: IK
Doldol 🐾: xd

her favourite colour was yellow

Smiley: yes, I have a job now so I can be the breadwinner of the household and you can just relax to Rex all day :)

life goals
[  ] become legend before mootinie
[  ] get 10,000 post before mutiny
[  ] marry smiley

Tricky: i don't think any of the staff+ are here to slap their e-penis on you

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:08 am 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:72199061
Needy wrote:
mattlikespie wrote:
Needy wrote:

For sure, makes sense, though feel like there will be those who are "too afraid", per se, to elect themselves, don't wanna nominate themselves, or are simply unaware, but could be potential / really good candidates.

This and the fact it can feel / come off as arrogant and promotion hungry nominating yourself. It also feels weird just because normally talking about getting promoted or asking for a promotion is kind of taboo and generally frowned upon.

This part may be an unpopular opinion but I also have distaste towards not being able to vote no on someone (from my understanding). It kind of ruins the concept just because it will quickly turn into who has the most friends who can vote for them instead of how the community genuinely feels about the person. Even though allowing people to vote no would still be a popularity contest of some sort I think it would be nice to see how the community as a whole actually feels about someone rather than just certain people. This also brings up the issue of the “silent majority” who may not see the person fit but don’t/can’t say anything.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:49 am 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:95290612
So staff+ can vote aswell now? Or they still not allowed to
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2018

rebeler since february 2016

we all have different lifes, different problems and different paths to take.....
but what we all wonder is: would they be proud of who i am today?

Princess Strawberry: "HEY, i know everything about Denmark , OK?
Princess Strawberry: "what kind of waffles do they eat in Denmark?"
Princess Strawberry: "OH WAIT SHIT THAT'S BELGIUM"

<16:59:31> "Eclipzx_" was banned for 10 minutes from the server by "GoopSauce" (pussy much?)

*warden*: There's 1 rebeler in garage please get him
*INBREADCATS*: It's only 1 rebeler,what can he do......oh shit it's terminator i'm coming

reboobalar: "term this is your warning because i know you're just gonna rebel"
reboobalar: "fuck this, im not going to be Ct with Term on their team"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:52 am 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:177980773
Terminator wrote:
So staff+ can vote aswell now? Or they still not allowed to

Most likely still won't be allowed to for the ssme reason

*DEAD* EgN|s BEST ADMIN TITTYSPRINKLES: i thought today was rulebreaking day my bad :-(
*DEAD* EgN| Terminator #Fishy Guy: yup, ma dick to long :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:00 am 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:177980773
Cooper wrote:
Needy wrote:
mattlikespie wrote:
Needy wrote:

This and the fact it can feel / come off as arrogant and promotion hungry nominating yourself. It also feels weird just because normally talking about getting promoted or asking for a promotion is kind of taboo and generally frowned upon.

Promotion hungry? I don't follow, or agree with that. If you want to better the community by putting more of a say and value in, then running for representative will allow you to do so. By matts meaning of we want representatives to actually want to become a representative is that by the way we did it before, people were being more forced into something they either don't want. Yeah you could argue that we could ask them before making the new representative a representative, but this way makes it for those who wait to better the community can have their shot and running for it so their name is in the pool of election, and having the chance of being elected. We would be wasting time if we put someone as a representative and either didn't want it or jusy did nothing to better the community or put something to the table.

I also wouldn't necessarily call it promotion hungry as despite the role, their only temporarily a representative for a month (but can be re-elected)

*DEAD* EgN|s BEST ADMIN TITTYSPRINKLES: i thought today was rulebreaking day my bad :-(
*DEAD* EgN| Terminator #Fishy Guy: yup, ma dick to long :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:03 am 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:95290612
Basically what central is saying: this is the time to get shit done
Run for it, become it, and eventually make the much needed changes u think there should be
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2018

rebeler since february 2016

we all have different lifes, different problems and different paths to take.....
but what we all wonder is: would they be proud of who i am today?

Princess Strawberry: "HEY, i know everything about Denmark , OK?
Princess Strawberry: "what kind of waffles do they eat in Denmark?"
Princess Strawberry: "OH WAIT SHIT THAT'S BELGIUM"

<16:59:31> "Eclipzx_" was banned for 10 minutes from the server by "GoopSauce" (pussy much?)

*warden*: There's 1 rebeler in garage please get him
*INBREADCATS*: It's only 1 rebeler,what can he do......oh shit it's terminator i'm coming

reboobalar: "term this is your warning because i know you're just gonna rebel"
reboobalar: "fuck this, im not going to be Ct with Term on their team"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:16 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:160181792
Cooper wrote:
Needy wrote:
mattlikespie wrote:
Needy wrote:

This part may be an unpopular opinion but I also have distaste towards not being able to vote no on someone (from my understanding). It kind of ruins the concept just because it will quickly turn into who has the most friends who can vote for them instead of how the community genuinely feels about the person. Even though allowing people to vote no would still be a popularity contest of some sort I think it would be nice to see how the community as a whole actually feels about someone rather than just certain people. This also brings up the issue of the “silent majority” who may not see the person fit but don’t/can’t say anything.

None of this is technically considered a promotion if you think about it. A person becoming a representative is more considered like a job. You will be making a commitment to help out with the community if you wish to go for this rank. Its not like going from member to legend where you get more perks added to your admin. You still will have the same level of admin as an elder basically.

Also if someone is too scared to throw their name out there to be a rep then how are they gonna be able to deal with people in general when they have an issue? Again this is not necessarily a promotion, but more responsibility being given to that person.

Ignorance is bliss

New Topic Post Reply  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next