Post subject: 91st Monthly Meeting
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:50 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_1:0:16728863

Saturday, December 23rd
@ 3:30 pm (afternoon) for CST or GMT-6
RSVP*: calendar.php?view=event&calEid=229

EgN Members, recruits, and ex-members are invited and highly encouraged to attend.

- Dev Team: please try your hardest to attend! -

Please make sure that you have:

- Read the in-meeting expectations, over here.
- Post your thoughts as to what should be discussed during the meeting, in this topic.

• Talk about the servers
  • Upcoming changes
  • Remind members to help enforce the rules
  • Remind all to check the forums daily and vote for new recruits AND WEARING THE TAGS

*Reminder, this is not a thread where you post if you are coming to the meeting or not. Please use the RSVP section for that. Here you will post what you want to talk about during the meetings/concerns you may have.

Social 
 Post subject: Re: 91st Monthly Meeting
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:30 pm 
EgN Member
Elite
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:41634828
Awesome looking forward to seeing everything there. I hope a clarification for the warning rule will be there like what should be warned and what is just blatantly rebelling.
EDIT: I think clarifying the warning rule would solve a lot of arguments about what is rebelling and what isn't. And what needs a warning and what don't.. LIKE do you need to warn people once they all should be AFK frozen?
Some things are best left unsaid.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:24 am 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:47552815
whipbone wrote:
Awesome looking forward to seeing everything there. I hope a clarification for the warning rule will be there like what should be warned and what is just blatantly rebelling.
EDIT: I think clarifying the warning rule would solve a lot of arguments about what is rebelling and what isn't. And what needs a warning and what don't.. LIKE do you need to warn people once they all should be AFK frozen?

the warning rule was clarified for THE LAST TIME by Walter a couple of days ago. Go read his post.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:26 am 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:221617357
Sunny<3 wrote:
whipbone wrote:

the warning rule was clarified for THE LAST TIME by Walter a couple of days ago. Go read his post.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=28230

He also gave examples of situations where the warning rule is needed and not.
BRITNEY SPEARS killed <>< with knife.

Spoiler: Show

1. Join EgN [ X ]
2. Become a Recruit [ X ]
3. Become an EgN Member [ X ]
4. Become a Admin [ X ]
5. Become an Elite [ X ]
6. Become a Veteran [ X ]
7. Become a part of Events Team [ X ]
8. Become a Manager [ ]
9. Become a Staff [ X ]
10. Become an Advisor [ ]
11. Become the next EgN Leader! [ ]

EgN| Mr Geeza™ : Why do I always get you and sinister mixed up lol sorry xD
EgN-S| Phillip: Cause you a racist

Jafari asks the wall: What is the meaning of life?
The wall responds with: Kill yourself. DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUN
EgN-S| Mr.GoldGames: I asked for a demotion, where's my demotion at?
1 month later....
The following people have been recognised for their service to the community:

Veteran to Staff
Mr.GoldGames

EgN-S| Mr.GoldGames: I ask for a demotion but I got a promotion instead? Life sucks sometimes.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:52 am 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:29867757
whipbone wrote:

tl;dr warnings are required for good faith behavior, and not required for bad faith behavior, it's up to the warden and highest-ranking admin to decide which is which

but yes, like others have said, read Walter's post, it's good
"all tees all tees" -everyone

SYSTEMS FUNCTIONAL. NAVCOM LOCKED. ANIME SPOTTED. GOLIATH ONLINE.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:58 am 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:44979326
I'm going to be at work. if it was at 1 or 2pm CSt I would join.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:23 pm 
EgN Member
Elite
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:41634828
The clarification aint linked anywhere near the rules tho is it? So it aint to clear for random CTs playing the server...... I aint talking about a clarification for members of the forums.. I am talking about seeing it in game............
Some things are best left unsaid.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:04 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:51070416
whipbone wrote:
The clarification aint linked anywhere near the rules tho is it? So it aint to clear for random CTs playing the server...... I aint talking about a clarification for members of the forums.. I am talking about seeing it in game............

That is why us members enforce the rules on jailbreak so they can learn the rules, and why people should play as a T and learn before playing as a CT.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:19 pm 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:221617357
DreamLove wrote:
whipbone wrote:

That is why us members enforce the rules on jailbreak so they can learn the rules, and why people should play as a T and learn before playing as a CT.

It is an admin's responsibility to clarify the rule to the confused. If admins/members are confused, they seek a Staff+ for clarification. In this case, a clarification is already posted on the forums, which members should read, and should be made an announcement in my opinion.

If people are confused about the rule, as I've already stated admins and members should be stepping up and clarifying it to them, the real clarification what Walter posted.

Example:

If someone is a CT and kills a T for not warning [those who are truely confused about the orders], an admin or a member can say "Yo, you were supposed to warn him. We introduced a rule not long back that a warning is necessary to those who aren't following orders correctly because they're either really confused about the order, mistakingly pressed jump etc]. The reason we introduced this is so less people die over making honest mistakes.

Obviously my wording isn't all that great, but it is stressed you refer to the link I posted for the rule clarification so you can enforce the warning rule in that context.
BRITNEY SPEARS killed <>< with knife.

1. Join EgN [ X ]
2. Become a Recruit [ X ]
3. Become an EgN Member [ X ]
4. Become a Admin [ X ]
5. Become an Elite [ X ]
6. Become a Veteran [ X ]
7. Become a part of Events Team [ X ]
8. Become a Manager [ ]
9. Become a Staff [ X ]
10. Become an Advisor [ ]
11. Become the next EgN Leader! [ ]

EgN| Mr Geeza™ : Why do I always get you and sinister mixed up lol sorry xD
EgN-S| Phillip: Cause you a racist

Jafari asks the wall: What is the meaning of life?
The wall responds with: Kill yourself. DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUN
EgN-S| Mr.GoldGames: I asked for a demotion, where's my demotion at?
1 month later....
The following people have been recognised for their service to the community:

Veteran to Staff
Mr.GoldGames

EgN-S| Mr.GoldGames: I ask for a demotion but I got a promotion instead? Life sucks sometimes.

Last edited by Geeza on Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:22 pm 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:177980773
whipbone wrote:

You can clarify this from what Walter said - and the reason why we don't clarify this on !rules is well because it's basic rules list, we can't have a FULL massive description of what every single rule means and how to go about it, that is why admins should enforce the rules, because to give that insight to people who are breaking said rule. All admins should know the clarification for every rule, don't get me wrong, you won't get penalized for forgetting a few simple rules, but when it comes to breaking them, you should be enforcing it and be following the order of operations. Even as a member who doesn't have admin, you can enforce the rules, warn those who are breaking the rules to stop, and if they don't, you can request a ban unless there is an admin present where you should then leave it to the admins unless said admin was AFK.

*DEAD* EgN|s BEST ADMIN TITTYSPRINKLES: i thought today was rulebreaking day my bad :-(
*DEAD* EgN| Terminator #Fishy Guy: yup, ma dick to long :)

Last edited by Central on Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

New Topic Post Reply  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next