New Topic Post Reply  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:56 am 
Community Leader
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:84775876
Location: l: 179° 56′ 39.4″, b: +0° 2′ 46.2″, d: 7,940 ± 420 parsecs, from Via Lactea galactic center.
Needy wrote:
Now we just need to convert the output energy into a usable form ayoo

It's that the harnessable output energy is lower than the input energy atm :/
Been there, done that. No regrets, never give up on what's important. Prioritize. Happiness is all that matters.
I really like meowers but can't own any for the time being. Image

Software Developer with a fondness for Python & UE4.
🐱‍👤

ImageImageImage
Interested in Star Citizen? - Use STAR-PZ6J-4C62 and get us both some cool extras :3

Social 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:13 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:2416971
Doldol wrote:
Needy wrote:

The harnessable output is much higher in the concentration of energy, but is not sustainable in it's current form. Yeah it takes SIGNIFICANT amounts of energy to produce a fusion reaction, but the ratio is incomparable when it comes to the pure energy output from fusion.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:59 am 
Community Leader
Legend
Location: l: 179° 56′ 39.4″, b: +0° 2′ 46.2″, d: 7,940 ± 420 parsecs, from Via Lactea galactic center.
SpazzO wrote:
Doldol wrote:
Needy wrote:

The harnessable output is much higher in the concentration of energy, but is not sustainable in it's current form. Yeah it takes SIGNIFICANT amounts of energy to produce a fusion reaction, but the ratio is incomparable when it comes to the pure energy output from fusion.

Are you disagreeing?

the concentration of energy > What concentration of energy?
not sustainable in it's current form > Clarify? Stellarator is theoretically sustainable = current form.

but the ratio is incomparable when it comes to the pure energy output from fusion. > Clarify? Because not really atm for terrestrial application, which is what we're talking about
Been there, done that. No regrets, never give up on what's important. Prioritize. Happiness is all that matters.

🐱‍👤

ImageImageImage
Interested in Star Citizen? - Use STAR-PZ6J-4C62 and get us both some cool extras :3

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:24 am 
EgN Member
Doldol wrote:
SpazzO wrote:
Doldol wrote:
Needy wrote:

Are you disagreeing?

the concentration of energy > What concentration of energy?
not sustainable in it's current form > Clarify? Stellarator is theoretically sustainable = current form.

but the ratio is incomparable when it comes to the pure energy output from fusion. > Clarify? Because not really atm for terrestrial application, which is what we're talking about

I guess I went a little off from the Stellarator and was talking of my uncles research.
His research methodology is different than the Stellarator with concentration of lasers.

Concentration of Energy - The fusion reaction, when blasted with concentrated lasers, produces a very small burst of insanely intense energy that dissipates nearly instantly. (Such as the energy of the sun)

Sustainability - The fusion reaction creates a blink of that intense energy currently, to my knowledge, and it would need to be contained somehow and harnessed. I am unsure how they will do that, but my uncle has been dedicating his life to fusion energy.

The ratio of the energy input would seem to be high comparably to the actual fusion reaction, but the infinitesimally small reaction creates almost as much energy, if not as much, as the input. Thus that small reaction, once sustained, contained, and harnessed, would create infinite energy. Theoretically.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:05 pm 
Community Leader
Legend
SpazzO wrote:
would create infinite energy. Theoretically.

Urh please don't say that.....

> Second law of thermodynamics.

🐱‍👤

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:14 pm 
EgN Member
Doldol wrote:
SpazzO wrote:
would create infinite energy. Theoretically.

Urh please don't say that.....

> Second law of thermodynamics.

Touche, also my bad.
The Second Law of Thermodynamics states that the state of entropy of the entire universe, as an isolated system, will always increase over time. The second law also states that the changes in the entropy in the universe can never be negative

I shouldn't say that when I know energy is never created, nor destroyed.

New Topic Post Reply  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2