New Topic Post Reply  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Personality Test
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:35 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:41521118
yeah but like who cares what it says it's just pointing something out it's not supposed to be some kind of badge or title you wear just take the test if you want, look at the results and go "huh" and then just fuck off cuz it doesn't matter
FUCK

Social 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:41 pm 
Community Leader
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:84775876
Location: l: 179° 56′ 39.4″, b: +0° 2′ 46.2″, d: 7,940 ± 420 parsecs, from Via Lactea galactic center.
Mr. Simplistic wrote:
Doldol wrote:
Young Lean wrote:
Most personality tests are kinda bullshit

This one is too. You're probably suffering confirmation bias.

The only one that has scientific credibility is the Big 5.

http://research.similarminds.com/big-fi ... systems/22
https://www.quora.com/Which-personality ... riggs-test

& Wikipedia both, the one you're using atm is called the MBTI and has no scientific credibility.

just take the test i wanna see please. wanna see if i find that there is a trend or not cuz i already guessed yours

Ofc tell me what you think 1st, I did the test a long time ago.
Been there, done that. No regrets, never give up on what's important. Prioritize. Happiness is all that matters.
I really like meowers but can't own any for the time being. Image

Software Developer with a fondness for Python & UE4.
🐱‍👤

ImageImageImage
Interested in Star Citizen? - Use STAR-PZ6J-4C62 and get us both some cool extras :3

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:43 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:36657842
Doldol wrote:
Young Lean wrote:
Birthstone wrote:
Meyers-Briggs is good for letting someone know what personality they believe they are. As an objective measure of personality traits it isn't that great.

For a true personality review, you need to have a professional administer a test like the IPIP Big 5 that Doldol mentioned, or even better the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory.

As an objective measure of personality traits the test is pretty solid considering you answer honestly, there just arent as many aspects as the big 5. The lack of scientific backing primarily lies in their interpretation of social communication preferences or goals. No sense in regurgitating whats already been covered.

Urh I'm sorry but no, Honestly the problem with Big 5 is that it doesn't really provide you answers to everyday life, it doesn't really say anything simple about you like "You're good at protecting people" or something, it gives many scientific data points which provide answers to psychologists or neuroscientists to aid in research, you can't use it solely personally as these datapoints need to be contrasted to a big sample size every time the test is performed.

That still doesn't mean that you should listen to what the MBTI tells you about yourself, it's based on how non-experts interpreted pseudo-scientific research by Carl Jung (who never intended it to be used this way). The outcomes differ per organization providing the test and have never proven to be correct & It is obviously heavily commercialized. You should consider it as valid as your weekly horoscope. Still though, without duplicity, if it's fun for you to read into these things, sure. :3
But don't build your self-identity on it.

////
I'm sure synthic could jump in here if he wants to stop trolling/memeing for 1 sec, and actually contribute something valuable since afaik he's a psychology student.

>everyone that i can't cant beat in an argument is a troll

if you want a genuine reading on your personality don't take the myers-briggs test just use this: https://openpsychometrics.org/tests/IPIP-BFFM/
ImageImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:29 am 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:45881423
Doldol wrote:
Mr. Simplistic wrote:
Doldol wrote:
Young Lean wrote:

& Wikipedia both, the one you're using atm is called the MBTI and has no scientific credibility.

just take the test i wanna see please. wanna see if i find that there is a trend or not cuz i already guessed yours

alrighty, so u gatta do the test again because u might have change from before u took the test but that being said here i go;

im guessing much more introvert than extrovert
a bit more observant over intuitive (harder one to guess)
much more thinking than feeling
more prospecting than judging
and a bit more assertive than turbulent (not 100% sure how that one works so im not confidant in that one either)

so im guessing something like ISTP-A or INTP-A. again its not like its a hard sience or anything but i think there is some merit to it so lets see how close i get.

funny side note those are both the ones a received so now im double interested to see what u get

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:55 am 
Community Leader
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:84775876
Location: l: 179° 56′ 39.4″, b: +0° 2′ 46.2″, d: 7,940 ± 420 parsecs, from Via Lactea galactic center.
Mr. Simplistic wrote:
Doldol wrote:
Mr. Simplistic wrote:
Doldol wrote:
Young Lean wrote:

alrighty, so u gatta do the test again because u might have change from before u took the test but that being said here i go;

and a bit more assertive than turbulent (not 100% sure how that one works so im not confidant in that one either)

so im guessing something like ISTP-A or INTP-A. again its not like its a hard sience or anything but i think there is some merit to it so lets see how close i get.

funny side note those are both the ones a received so now im double interested to see what u get

I got all the Analysts before, I'm not retaking the test because I don't really enjoy it & it's pointless anyway, as evidenced by me getting 4 different ones, I'm really close to the middle on the ones that vary.

So there you go & also better not draw any conclusions other than me not liking this because that would be illogical and unscientific. :3
Been there, done that. No regrets, never give up on what's important. Prioritize. Happiness is all that matters.
I really like meowers but can't own any for the time being. Image

Software Developer with a fondness for Python & UE4.
🐱‍👤

ImageImageImage
Interested in Star Citizen? - Use STAR-PZ6J-4C62 and get us both some cool extras :3

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:50 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:45881423
Doldol wrote:
Mr. Simplistic wrote:
Doldol wrote:
Mr. Simplistic wrote:
Doldol wrote:
Young Lean wrote:

I got all the Analysts before, I'm not retaking the test because I don't really enjoy it & it's pointless anyway, as evidenced by me getting 4 different ones, I'm really close to the middle on the ones that vary.

So there you go & also better not draw any conclusions other than me not liking this because that would be illogical and unscientific. :3

thats not really cool, i put in all that work and ur not even gonna take the test again for me :/ kind of a let cuz i did guess an analyst but i wanna see what u get this time and see if i was close. best way to prove correlation is through double blind tests but i was gonna settle for just me not knowing :<
it would be really cool if you did it but its up to u i cant force anything on you

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 5:29 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26625467
This is just anecdotal to me, but I definitely can relate to what this test has said about me. Note: I'm not learning or looking for answers about how my personality is, more like I'm seeing if it's accurate. I know who I am, I am myself and I can agree this test has spoken volumes about how I do act and feel, as well as think. Once again, I do not look for this as an answer to something I don't know, as I know who I am.

But this was definitely accurate, I'm just like this!

https://www.16personalities.com/enfp-personality

Quote:

It doesn’t interest me what you do for a living. I want to know what you ache for – and if you dare to dream of meeting your heart’s longing. It doesn’t interest me how old you are. I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool – for love – for your dreams – for the adventure of being alive.

-Oriah Mountain Dreamer

The Campaigner personality is a true free spirit. They are often the life of the party, but unlike types in the Explorer Role group, Campaigners are less interested in the sheer excitement and pleasure of the moment than they are in enjoying the social and emotional connections they make with others. Charming, independent, energetic and compassionate, the 7% of the population that they comprise can certainly be felt in any crowd.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Praise the Sun and Call Out of Cells Freeze.
Spoiler: Show

New Topic Post Reply  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3