1, 2
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:00 am 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:79036420
Hey everyone,

I realize many people are confused on what's going on and out of any bad, what is being done about it. I hope this post can help answer some of your concerns.

Currently I am aware of the issue with Jailbreak not listing for some people. This is an issue that has not occurred for any of the Staff+ and as such has proved difficult to replicate and fix. The issue has exhausted Doldol, who has worked diligently to resolve the issue to the point where now the server should be working 100% normal, despite us getting reports that it is still not listing, and we cannot find any problems with the server. I am continuing to search for answers but, as of yet, to no avail.

It's also come to my attention that other communities have spawned out of our period of struggle in resolving our Jailbreak issues. While I will not state what the names of the other communities are, I would like to remind everyone that joining another community that we have servers in is in fact double clanning, which we do not allow. While I would strongly discourage you from playing on these other servers, I am not saying that you cannot. However, what I will not tolerate, is the advertising of other servers on any of our services or any further intent to pull population from our community. This will result in a permanent ban to anyone involved. Enough evidence of pull from other services, including Steam Chat or discord, may be warrant enough for me to ban the person in question. What I will also not tolerate is EgN members who go to competing servers to troll, advertise for EgN, or deliberately break their server rules. They are competing, that doesn't make them an enemy as if this was some war. If you are going to be a member of this community, then please support it by playing on it's servers :)

In efforts to correct these issues, I have asked the Staff to populate Jailbreak, putting a reformed effort into the events team, and some of the Staff+ including myself have been working on other servers in the meantime while we continue to look for a solution to the Jailbreak issue. Such servers do in fact include a CSS Office server and a Minecraft Survival server, both of which are nearly complete. In addition, I've also been meeting with a few members, Nick Magnus, Dave, and Manually Activated on a new Gmod server that they are excited to develop, and we will soon iron out more details on what this server will entail. The intent of these servers was and is not to replace Jailbreak, but please forgive the Staff if it appears that way; they are working diligently on these servers while I try to resolve Jailbreak, a matter that unfortunately they can barely help in. I do not intend to release any of these servers until Jailbreak regains it's sustainable population. Sly has also finished the Surf server, which we will release shortly.

Many ideas have been passed on such as adding flash bangs back, new maps, guns, etc, and we will look into these as soon as possible and discuss adding these before the end of this weekend. Namely this includes logistics such as compatibility of maps or how new things affect the rules, not necessarily if these are "good ideas" or not. We will keep updated on any changes that have been made.

I have continued to explore more on a new website that I had discussed in the last monthly meeting. My leading favorite is licensing from IPB. This would be an easier and more feature packed option with tons of different customizations and support available. For these reasons, I believe it is the best choice. It does cost money however, money we do not currently have. A base package would cost us $200 one-time, with additional features costing more and more. The "Commerce" functionality is a feature I'd love to explore, which would add $100 to the ticket, but is not mandatory to have and could be purchased at a later date. In addition, it's noteworthy to consider that this would take a lot of time and effort to set up, on my behalf. While a website has been pushed back on the priority list right now, this is our lead consideration.

Our bill is due January 18th in the amount of $53.99. EgN currently has $72.61.

I understand things may not look good for EgN, but I can assure you, we will prevail as we always have. Populate Jailbreak, and people while come they always do. The server is still up, you can still connect, some just can't search for it. Times are tough, great ideas and great leaders are needed. Despite all the latest memery, there is no limit to the amount of Staff we will accept, so if this is something that interests you, bear in mind that now is a good time to show us how you can help. Personally, it has been difficult for me to be active with a heavy work schedule as of late. I will do my best to find the time to make available to put into this community. I thank everyone for your continued support, and I hope to see you around on Jailbreak.

Star Citizen Reference Code: STAR-GK4C-BYF5

Social 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:08 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:230517
Thanks for posting this Matt. These kind of posts take a lot of balls, +1 for that and +1 for the transparency.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:47 am 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:47477194
Thanks got the update Matt!
<3 peace be with y'all EgN beauties and remember Why So Serious about life? Live while you can. :)
Spoiler: Show

"If someone wants to fist me..." - Mr.GoldGames
"Calm Down Snapchat" - Everyone
Debuted Roast King!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:12 am 
Community Leader
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:84775876
Location: l: 179° 56′ 39.4″, b: +0° 2′ 46.2″, d: 7,940 ± 420 parsecs, from Via Lactea galactic center.
To be clear, the issue is not that I'm "exhausted", the server is setup correctly within limitations of the panel. There is nothing anyone can do without modifying the source code of the panel or it's underlying software, or using a different setup all-together. Also I have never seen proof of it actually not listing, as such I think user error is suspect. So I cannot waste my time tracking down an issue I haven't seen proven to actually occur/one I cannot reproduce.
Been there, done that. No regrets, never give up on what's important. Prioritize. Happiness is all that matters.
I really like meowers but can't own any for the time being. Image

Software Developer with a fondness for Python & UE4.
🐱‍👤

ImageImageImage
Interested in Star Citizen? - Use STAR-PZ6J-4C62 and get us both some cool extras :3

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:08 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:168005072
I'm glad you made this post. Really appreciate the effort you're putting towards the community, and I will be donating soon btw so help the servers. Hopefully the office server will be a success!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:57 am 
Co Leader
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:80046838
Quote:
I have continued to explore more on a new website that I had discussed in the last monthly meeting. My leading favorite is licensing from IPB. This would be an easier and more feature packed option with tons of different customizations and support available. For these reasons, I believe it is the best choice. It does cost money however, money we do not currently have. A base package would cost us $200 one-time

If you have any extra money to donate we would appreciate it^
2018 Goals for EgN

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:59 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19242639
But what about the TTT server?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:43 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:18545234
Sound like we coming back stronger than EVER !!! SHOUTOUT TO MATT and everyone else working hard to put us back on the map !!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:17 am 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:17299991
Doldol wrote:
To be clear, the issue is not that I'm "exhausted", the server is setup correctly within limitations of the panel. There is nothing anyone can do without modifying the source code of the panel or it's underlying software, or using a different setup all-together. Also I have never seen proof of it actually not listing, as such I think user error is suspect. So I cannot waste my time tracking down an issue I haven't seen proven to actually occur/one I cannot reproduce.

https://ufile.io/53i0r

As you can see it doesnt appear at first, i have to refresh first.
Now i only have 1 other favorite server so its not a big deal. But if someone has 15 servers then they might think oh well it is offline.

I do not know if this is a problem on my end but i believe this is whats happening?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:39 am 
Community Leader
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:84775876
Location: l: 179° 56′ 39.4″, b: +0° 2′ 46.2″, d: 7,940 ± 420 parsecs, from Via Lactea galactic center.
Dutchie wrote:
Doldol wrote:

https://ufile.io/53i0r

As you can see it doesnt appear at first, i have to refresh first.
Now i only have 1 other favorite server so its not a big deal. But if someone has 15 servers then they might think oh well it is offline.

I do not know if this is a problem on my end but i believe this is whats happening?

That's always been broken in CSS, along with history. Same story with the last 2 EgN JB servers for me at least (since then I haven't used fav/history).

Edit: Just tried what's in your screenshot and the Steam browser favourites works for me for JB (without needing a refresh).
Been there, done that. No regrets, never give up on what's important. Prioritize. Happiness is all that matters.
I really like meowers but can't own any for the time being. Image

Software Developer with a fondness for Python & UE4.
🐱‍👤

ImageImageImage
Interested in Star Citizen? - Use STAR-PZ6J-4C62 and get us both some cool extras :3

New Topic Post Reply  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next