>> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: State of the Community
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:31 am 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:79036420
Hello everyone;

I'd like to make a post to keep everyone informed and to answer some questions that you may have. We had a meeting today and discussed a lot of things, so many of you know what has happened, but for those of you who have not been around, here is a post to keep you up to date:

- I have become the Leader of EgN and Kharn is now the Co-Leader. Kharn is stepping down for a while, due to inability to pay for the clan and the desire to step back
- There has long been a misunderstanding between Kharn, Dyno, and I regarding how the servers were run, financials, and community management. Because of this, I took over the community and decided to transfer to a new host for all of our services, instead of hosting through dyno. As a result of poor communication and conflict management on all accounts, Dyno removed the database that supports the website and teamspeak, causing them to go down. This was all resolved at the meeting we had, and all parties were able to explain their points of view and gain a mutual understanding.
- The transfer has already begun, and we've recovered a backup that was taken November 30th, so yes, this forum is old and any posts you've made are forever lost.
- The website and Teamspeak are currently up and working on the new host
- All game servers are still offline as we until working to get them online

I am committed to restoring this community to what greatness it has seen and the potential it can become. I've promised transparency and it will be delivered. At this current stage, I have 100% control and ownership over EgN, including it's financials, which currently totals $11. Kharn has expressed he owes the community $600 at some stage will be repayed. For now, this is our state. Our bill will be in the amount of $53.99, due on January 18th of 2019. As you may have noticed, this has cut our costs significantly, especially as I've decided to host the website and Teamspeak also on the box instead of using 2 different hosts like we were before. I did use most of the money Sly sent for the website to front part of the cost (with Sly's permission). I also bought 16 IPs with no monthly cost (only set-up fees), so we have plenty of IPs to use for servers.

We are using Linux (Ubuntu to be precise) on the server.

In the works:

Priority: Get the servers online: Jailbreak, Minigames, TTT. Odds are TTT won't work because it is broken.
Short term: Set up Minecraft (more than enough resources on the new box). Many of you have expressed interest and willingness to help
Short term: Continue exploring DarkRP or other Gmod servers/ Fix TTT
Long Term: Get a new, redesigned, feature-packed website.

Tricky has been working with the old and new Staff to restore community to a normal state, while Doldol and I continue to set up the new server.

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have on this post, or reach out to either myself or any of the Staff+ with any questions you may have. I love you guys, and I love this community; together we will build something great, this I know.

Star Citizen Reference Code: STAR-GK4C-BYF5

Social 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:34 am 
EgN Member
Elite
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:16523000
MINECRAFT HYPE

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:35 am 
Community Member
Legend
Currently I am working to configure our IPs while I am uploading the JB files to our first server, which is currently up and running.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:38 am 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:72199061
What are your plans for the Minecraft server exactly in terms of type?

A vanilla pvp server sounds fun to me but I still might be interested in playing depending on what it is.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:58 am 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:47477194
Quick question, how did you get non monthly charged IPs? I thought one could only get monthly/annually paid IPs unless you own the service provider? Also if you need help with map design for Minecraft. Me and my mates are pretty decent with it, Chuck us a text
<3 peace be with y'all EgN beauties and remember Why So Serious about life? Live while you can. :)
Spoiler: Show

"If someone wants to fist me..." - Mr.GoldGames
"Calm Down Snapchat" - Everyone
Debuted Roast King!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:00 am 
Community Member
Legend
Y S0 S3R10US wrote:
Quick question, how did you get non monthly charged IPs? I thought one could only get monthly/annually paid IPs unless you own the service provider? Also if you need help with map design for Minecraft. Me and my mates are pretty decent with it, Chuck us a text

It was a perk of the host we chose.

I'll elaborate on Minecraft later

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:47 am 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:102588682
Great job guys, hopefully this becomes better in the near future.
The Light Shall Protect You

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:37 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19242639
I didn't get to attend the meeting because I am currently at home and not at my computer, but I can whip out my laptop and setup. Can I ask u questions on TS when I'm on?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:25 am 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:45881423
J-Dawg wrote:
I didn't get to attend the meeting because I am currently at home and not at my computer, but I can whip out my laptop and setup. Can I ask u questions on TS when I'm on?

I'll be in ts most of today so hmu if you would like to know something

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:58 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:160181792
Make EgN Great Again! - Matt

Ignorance is bliss

New Topic Post Reply  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3
 >> Next