>> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Admin Meeting
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:46 am 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:177980773
Lunk wrote:
Hows about u get rid of the warning rule, giving a warning to each of the 30+ t's to stop moving while one in the stack is shooting an ak is not a good time (especially for the weak wardens)

Git gud then :)

I can only attend for an hour due to Timezone; I will be attending one of the follow-ups depending on their time zones.

*DEAD* EgN|s BEST ADMIN TITTYSPRINKLES: i thought today was rulebreaking day my bad :-(
*DEAD* EgN| Terminator #Fishy Guy: yup, ma dick to long :)

Social 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:24 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:45881423
Central wrote:
Lunk wrote:
Hows about u get rid of the warning rule, giving a warning to each of the 30+ t's to stop moving while one in the stack is shooting an ak is not a good time (especially for the weak wardens)

I can only attend for an hour due to Timezone; I will be attending one of the follow-ups depending on their time zones.

In my humble opinion, i am literally the best warden ever and am the ONLY one who can actually manage to get 30+ T's to do anything away from main cells without all hell breaking loose (still a pain in the ass). I like the idea if the rule but its not at all practical in full severs

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:34 pm 
Staff
Legend
Lunk wrote:
Central wrote:
Lunk wrote:

In my humble opinion, i am literally the best warden ever and am the ONLY one who can actually manage to get 30+ T's to do anything away from main cells without all hell breaking loose (still a pain in the ass). I like the idea if the rule but its not at all practical in full severs

Any CT can warn despite having a mic or not. With that many of people in server, you'll see half of the T population on CT (30 Ts = 15 CTs). This is quite enough CTs to dish out warnings when they are needed (unless obviously is accessing secrets/rebelling/delaying to get a gun/etc).

*DEAD* EgN|s BEST ADMIN TITTYSPRINKLES: i thought today was rulebreaking day my bad :-(

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:20 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Central wrote:
Lunk wrote:
Central wrote:
Lunk wrote:

Any CT can warn despite having a mic or not. With that many of people in server, you'll see half of the T population on CT (30 Ts = 15 CTs). This is quite enough CTs to dish out warnings when they are needed (unless obviously is accessing secrets/rebelling/delaying to get a gun/etc).

that makes the problem waaaaaaaaaaay worse mate. Instead of having One person giving clear and direct orders with direct punishment you have 15 people CONSTANTLY spamming mic trying to give warnings, different orders (hey stop you! drop the gun in my totally in the way spray), or just the usual chatter. I'm not convinced you have seen what happens in this situation based on your response bro you should see that sh**.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:25 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Btw on another note someone please talk with our new admins (i can name names if u want me too) because since i got back i have seen way too much mic spam, chat spam, petty slays, poor explanations to ppl they punish, emotional outbursts, and a huge lack of control over the sever that makes them look incompetent and does'it encourage players/members to rely on them.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:26 pm 
Staff
Legend
Lunk wrote:
Central wrote:
Lunk wrote:
Central wrote:
Lunk wrote:

that makes the problem waaaaaaaaaaay worse mate. Instead of having One person giving clear and direct orders with direct punishment you have 15 people CONSTANTLY spamming mic trying to give warnings, different orders (hey stop you! drop the gun in my totally in the way spray), or just the usual chatter. I'm not convinced you have seen what happens in this situation based on your response bro you should see that sh**.

Chat warnings are always allowed, and it’s the admins that are onlines job to deal with spamming, talking over warden. If the T did not see warning via chat, then that’s on them for not paying attention to the chat; however i see where you’re coming from, though doesn’t create a great amount of hassle, we can handle it quite easily.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:11 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Central wrote:
Lunk wrote:
Central wrote:
Lunk wrote:
Central wrote:
Lunk wrote:

Chat warnings are always allowed, and it’s the admins that are onlines job to deal with spamming, talking over warden. If the T did not see warning via chat, then that’s on them for not paying attention to the chat; however i see where you’re coming from, though doesn’t create a great amount of hassle, we can handle it quite easily.

you clearly dont understand what happens on a full server so im gonna leave it here and someone can bring it up in the admin meeting

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:55 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:160181792
Lunk wrote:
Central wrote:
Lunk wrote:
Central wrote:
Lunk wrote:
Central wrote:
Lunk wrote:

you clearly dont understand what happens on a full server so im gonna leave it here and someone can bring it up in the admin meeting

Central just stop argueing here. If you want the discussion to continue then it will be brought up at the meeting. But I will say for now that I willl be bringing this rule up and voting against it at the meeting if nobody else does.

And like Lunk said some of these admins are not handling the situations that go on in our servers correctly. They are not banning for a proper amount of time so they can evade ban reports. They also seem to be escalating the situations and argueing with the players unnecessarily on jailbreak. I've never had enough reason to make complaints before, but this year might have to change with that.

Ignorance is bliss

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:29 am 
Staff
Legend
Link wrote:
Lunk wrote:
Central wrote:
Lunk wrote:
Central wrote:
Lunk wrote:
Central wrote:
Lunk wrote:

Central just stop argueing here. If you want the discussion to continue then it will be brought up at the meeting. But I will say for now that I willl be bringing this rule up and voting against it at the meeting if nobody else does.

And like Lunk said some of these admins are not handling the situations that go on in our servers correctly. They are not banning for a proper amount of time so they can evade ban reports. They also seem to be escalating the situations and argueing with the players unnecessarily on jailbreak. I've never had enough reason to make complaints before, but this year might have to change with that.

I wasn’t arguing haha it was more of something I didn’t quite understand where Lunk was coming from. However what I will be bringing up if I have time to is this admin training day Walter is supposed to be doing as this will actually help newer admins and set them in the correct path.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:58 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:79036420
This meeting will be streamed for any who can't make it or want to listen in anyway
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=29136

Star Citizen Reference Code: STAR-GK4C-BYF5

New Topic Post Reply  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3
 >> Next