Post subject: 88th Monthly Meeting
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:28 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:79036420

Saturday, September 30
@ 3:30 pm (afternoon) for CST or GMT-6
RSVP*: calendar.php?view=event&calEid=202&calM=9&calY=2017

EgN Members, recruits, and ex-members are invited and highly encouraged to attend.

- Server Managers: please try your hardest to attend! -

Please make sure that you have:

- Read the in-meeting expectations, over here.
- Post your thoughts as to what should be discussed during the meeting, in this topic.

• Talk about the servers.
  • Remind members to help enforce the rules.
  • Talk about the upcoming Admin Meeting
  • Monthly donations for channels and admin.
  • Remind all to check the forums daily and vote for new recruits. AND WEARING THE TAGS

*Reminder, this is not a thread where you post if you are coming to the meeting or not. Please use the RSVP section for that. Here you will post what you want to talk about during the meetings/concerns you may have.

Star Citizen Reference Code: STAR-GK4C-BYF5

Social 
 Post subject: Re: 88th Monthly Meeting
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:03 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:89634947
Can we please talk about changing the baiting rule from "On top of head", to "Standing within knifing range" in Jailbreak? I know this has probably been brought up a million times before, but a lot of people want this to be a thing.

^Signature courtesy of ArturoLevi^

^Signature courtesy of Phillip^

EgN Goals:
Spoiler: Show

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:30 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:29867757
The Flash wrote:
Can we please talk about changing the baiting rule from "On top of head", to "Standing within knifing range" in Jailbreak? I know this has probably been brought up a million times before, but a lot of people want this to be a thing.

I think we should change it for a month just so people who want it changed can see what a shit storm it causes. "Why'd you kill him" "He knifed me" "wtf he was in knifing distance" "wow no I wasn't" "omg freekil admin slay now ADMIN HELLO ADMIN PLEASE ADMIN" compared to "he was baiting" "no he wasn't"
"all tees all tees" -everyone

SYSTEMS FUNCTIONAL. NAVCOM LOCKED. ANIME SPOTTED. GOLIATH ONLINE.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:11 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:89634947
Birthstone wrote:
The Flash wrote:

I think we should change it for a month just so people who want it changed can see what a shit storm it causes. "Why'd you kill him" "He knifed me" "wtf he was in knifing distance" "wow no I wasn't" "omg freekil admin slay now ADMIN HELLO ADMIN PLEASE ADMIN" compared to "he was baiting" "no he wasn't"

Eh, good point, it would spawn endless arguments on just "He was within knife distance" "omg no i wasnt you nerd" But I'm bringing it up because a ton of people want it to be a thing.

^Signature courtesy of ArturoLevi^

^Signature courtesy of Phillip^

EgN Goals:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:45 am 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:221617357
The Flash wrote:

That sounds like more of a discussion in the admin meetings rather than monthly.
BRITNEY SPEARS killed <>< with knife.

1. Join EgN [ X ]
2. Become a Recruit [ X ]
3. Become an EgN Member [ X ]
4. Become a Admin [ X ]
5. Become an Elite [ X ]
6. Become a Veteran [ X ]
7. Become a part of Events Team [ X ]
8. Become a Manager [ ]
9. Become a Staff [ X ]
10. Become an Advisor [ ]
11. Become the next EgN Leader! [ ]

EgN| Mr Geeza™ : Why do I always get you and sinister mixed up lol sorry xD
EgN-S| Phillip: Cause you a racist

Jafari asks the wall: What is the meaning of life?
The wall responds with: Kill yourself. DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUN
EgN-S| Mr.GoldGames: I asked for a demotion, where's my demotion at?
1 month later....
The following people have been recognised for their service to the community:

Veteran to Staff
Mr.GoldGames

EgN-S| Mr.GoldGames: I ask for a demotion but I got a promotion instead? Life sucks sometimes.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:55 am 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:47477194
The Flash wrote:
Birthstone wrote:
The Flash wrote:

Eh, good point, it would spawn endless arguments on just "He was within knife distance" "omg no i wasnt you nerd" But I'm bringing it up because a ton of people want it to be a thing.

Btw there are 2 main rules in reference to what you are asking for Flash.
jbrules.php
Rule 60:
Quote:
Do not stand near Ts for extended period of time.

And Rule 44:
Quote:
You may legitimately kill/damage a guard when he is on your head.

Another reason why the rule: baiting is standing near a t isn't in effect is because, for instance if the lead ct needs to get around a pack of t's and it is a tight space, he wouldn't be able to do that without being at risk of being killed. (It's a crap example but you get the point). These rules basically allow cts to control ts easier and make it easier for cts to get from a to b. Because we all know how lopsided it can be when it's like 3 cts against 15 ts.
<3 peace be with y'all EgN beauties and remember Why So Serious about life? Live while you can. :)

"If someone wants to fist me..." - Mr.GoldGames
"Calm Down Snapchat" - Everyone
Debuted Roast King!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:44 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_1:0:16728863
Changes to JB rules will happen at the admin meeting

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:39 am 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:177980773
Y S0 S3R10US wrote:
The Flash wrote:
Birthstone wrote:
The Flash wrote:

Btw there are 2 main rules in reference to what you are asking for Flash.
jbrules.php
Rule 60:
Quote:
Do not stand near Ts for extended period of time.

And Rule 44:
Quote:
You may legitimately kill/damage a guard when he is on your head.

Another reason why the rule: baiting is standing near a t isn't in effect is because, for instance if the lead ct needs to get around a pack of t's and it is a tight space, he wouldn't be able to do that without being at risk of being killed. (It's a crap example but you get the point). These rules basically allow cts to control ts easier and make it easier for cts to get from a to b. Because we all know how lopsided it can be when it's like 3 cts against 15 ts.

What this guy said. We do have a rule that stops you from being next to Ts for a period of time, and it’s the admins job to deal with those who stand near the Ts for an extended time, but if they’re on your head, feel free to knife them, but they have to be on YOUR head for you to be able to knife them.

I’ll be sure to vote against this rule being changed, if you need rule clarifications ask the highest ranking admin on the server as their version is final in server, if you don’t trust their judgement ask a staff or post a topic on the forum and we will all clarify the rule as best for you.

*DEAD* EgN|s BEST ADMIN TITTYSPRINKLES: i thought today was rulebreaking day my bad :-(
*DEAD* EgN| Terminator #Fishy Guy: yup, ma dick to long :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:05 am 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:79036420
Rule changes happen at admin meetings, and lucky for you one is coming up, so post it there, not here. Please stop talking about it.

Star Citizen Reference Code: STAR-GK4C-BYF5

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:37 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:29867757
Just a reminder that CT is GMT-5 at the moment. Don't want our eurofriends showing up an hour late.
"all tees all tees" -everyone

SYSTEMS FUNCTIONAL. NAVCOM LOCKED. ANIME SPOTTED. GOLIATH ONLINE.

New Topic Post Reply  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next