Previous << 
1, 2
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:18 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:45881423
Xanderian wrote:
I don't really see any issues with this, considering that managers could fuck things up a whole lot worse than just touching a member with admin here and there if they really wanted to, or to pick the wrong admins on their servers. Since none of the current managers have done that yet (majorly fuck up their server on purpose), I generally trust that they won't do that. So them picking the admins and being able to touch members on a server that they essentially own (in practice), seems fairly reasonable. Just as long as staff+ can still deny people, and that people approved by staff+ to be admin on a certain server still get whatever admin they (probably) donated for.

Of course, I could be completely wrong in trusting the managers, and they could fuck up whatever server they manage, but I don't really see that happening with the current bunch. ;p

Make me manager of jb, i will add the good maps take off the crappy one and ensure habibi never again gets admin there. #simple4manager2k16

Social 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:44 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:433420658
Mr. Simplistic wrote:
Xanderian wrote:
I don't really see any issues with this, considering that managers could fuck things up a whole lot worse than just touching a member with admin here and there if they really wanted to, or to pick the wrong admins on their servers. Since none of the current managers have done that yet (majorly fuck up their server on purpose), I generally trust that they won't do that. So them picking the admins and being able to touch members on a server that they essentially own (in practice), seems fairly reasonable. Just as long as staff+ can still deny people, and that people approved by staff+ to be admin on a certain server still get whatever admin they (probably) donated for.

Of course, I could be completely wrong in trusting the managers, and they could fuck up whatever server they manage, but I don't really see that happening with the current bunch. ;p

Make me manager of jb, i will add the good maps take off the crappy one and ensure habibi never again gets admin there. #simple4manager2k16

+1 but habibi gets admin with full immunity

Lead Inspector at EgN Inquisitorial Squad

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:48 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:93663602
MrGoldGames wrote:
I also feel as if we should talk about Managers having a say whether or not a member, who has applied for the admin rank on their server, should get admin or not. Being the managers role is, and i quote, "Additional rank given to people who are currently running a server. They hold admin privileges and seniority (just below Staff) in the specific server(s) that they run." So why cant we choose the admins we want to represent our servers?

Also, id like to request that managers can target other members in their respected servers. Since we hold seniority just under Staff+, im assuming that managers are placed above Veterans. Veterans can target other members of EgN, so why cant Managers target all under them? This would probably help a lot for most servers.

If the manager dislikes someone for personal reasons but that person does follow rules and would make a good admin, what do you think would happen?
TOXIC

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:02 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:70493788
Applejack Rockwater wrote:
MrGoldGames wrote:
I also feel as if we should talk about Managers having a say whether or not a member, who has applied for the admin rank on their server, should get admin or not. Being the managers role is, and i quote, "Additional rank given to people who are currently running a server. They hold admin privileges and seniority (just below Staff) in the specific server(s) that they run." So why cant we choose the admins we want to represent our servers?

Also, id like to request that managers can target other members in their respected servers. Since we hold seniority just under Staff+, im assuming that managers are placed above Veterans. Veterans can target other members of EgN, so why cant Managers target all under them? This would probably help a lot for most servers.

If the manager dislikes someone for personal reasons but that person does follow rules and would make a good admin, what do you think would happen?

Then are you even mature enough to manage a server? Maturity comes along with manager, and you must leave your arguments elsewhere. Now, i meant to say that managers opinions on the persons history with the CLAN, not a personal history, should be held high. Staff+ still get to decide though.
Clear eyes, full hearts, cant lose. ~ Coach Eric Taylor
Creator of the Sinister Challenge.
Accidentally called the Global Chat "Network Chat" and now it's a thing.

[x]Join the Forums
[x]Make an Application
[x]Become Recruit
[x]Become Member
[x]Become Elite
[x]Become Veteran
[x]Become Staff
[x]Become Supporter
[x]Retire from EgN
[x]Get Kicked Out of the Clan Twice By Phillip
[x]Get Perm Banned from the Forums
[x]Become Staff Again